HI FOCUSED cinematography Reviews

189 Reviews for HI FOCUSED cinematography

HI FOCUSED cinematography 1
HI FOCUSED cinematography 2

Missy · Married on 07/13/2016

The Four Seasons Resort in Maui recommended HI Focused as a possible cinematographer for my wedding. I immediately did my research and discovered WHY Jordan & his team came highly recommended...the wedding films I saw on YouTube were so creative...I was excited to see what he would do with my wedding.
    I was married recently and I was BEYOND IMPRESSED with both Jordan's team and the finished product.
    Jordan provides great advice and instructions for an amazing video. He also listens to what is significant for YOU and your special day...my requests were all captured in my video. I am so glad that I chose Jordan & his team at HI Focused to document my wedding story...and you'll be glad too!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Jeb · Married on 07/10/2016

My wife and I were married on Maui at Sugar Beach Events of Hawaii in July of 2016. Selecting HIFocused as our cinematography team was one of the easiest decisions that we had to make. My sister had her wedding on Maui in 2014, and she chose Jordan and his team. After seeing the quality of their film, we knew that our search was going to be a short one. We contacted HIFocused and they were awesome from day one!

Throughout our wedding planning, we spoke to Jordan over the phone and via email. He was always professional and had great advice for us. As we approached the wedding day, he checked in to see if there were any last minute updates. He wanted to make sure that we had the best product possible.

On the wedding day, his team showed up early to capture the details of the beautiful venue. Three videographers were on site filming throughout the entire event. The drone made an appearance overhead during the setup and the celebration, but they parked it during the ceremony so as not to distract from the special moment.

One of the things that impressed us the most was Jordan's ability to work with the photographers. He knew when to take a step back and allow them to get "the shot". After seeing the finished video, he didn't miss anything.

After the wedding, he contacted us and asked if we had any suggestions regarding music and specific shots for the film. We really felt like it was our video, and it represented our special day perfectly. When the editing was complete, Jordan sent us a note that the video had been uploaded to Vimeo. The ability to share it with friends and family was fantastic. Soon after, a package arrived in the mail that contained the 7 minute video, a 45 minute documentary film, and chocolate!

Working with HIFocused was a fantastic experience, and I would recommend them to anyone wishing to capture a special event in Hawaii!

Thanks from Maryland,

Jeb and Amanda

Sent on 10/02/2016

Roger · Married on 06/12/2016

Jordan puts a lot effort in our wedding film, and made a wonderful cut for our beautiful memory. During filming, he made every part of view smoothly and not interupting whole ceremmony. Highly recommanded!!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Kate · Married on 05/28/2016

When we were looking into photographers it was just such a clear decision to make. Right from the start Jordan was very professional and thorough in getting to know us and what we wanted captured on the day. His email correspondence leading up to the wedding was very prompt and he checked in multiple times to ensure the day went smoothly and he got the shots he wanted. On the day, his team were amazing - so friendly and they tried to capture everything without being noticed which not all photographers can manage. The quality of their work is awesome and Jordan was very open to all of my husband's crazy ideas which is always a plus! They rocked!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I were married this past May in Waikiki and we used Jordan and his team at HI Focused as our videographers.

From our initial conversation Jordan was very professional and thorough. He spent the time leading up to our wedding getting to know us and understanding our wants and wishes for the day.

On the day of our wedding, Jordan and his team arrived early and were very respectful throughout the day.
    Our wedding party and our family all agreed that Jordan and his team blended in so well that we barely even noticed that they were around. Even to someone who does not like being on camera, the whole filming process felt very natural and Jordan made everyone feel at ease.

Our video arrived two months after our wedding (which I thought was extremely fast) and it was edited to PERFECTION! My favourite thing about our wedding video is how every ounce of emotion was captured on film and then re–told through the editing and music.

If you are getting married in Hawaii and want a stand out wedding video, do yourself a favour and hire HI Focused as your videographers – they are worth every penny!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Maggie · Married on 05/07/2016

My husband and I are very pleased with Jordan and his team. They captured every important detail of our special day into 10 minutes that we can relive forever. Jordan is super talented and artistic. His films are unlike any other wedding films. From song choices to voice overs, to how he edits the order of his clips - it is truly a work of art and you can tell he is passionate about what he does. We received many compliments from our friends and families, many happy tears as well. He listened to what was important to us and that's what really matters. We would definitely recommend him, you will not regret it!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Tami · Married on 04/30/2016

After watching tons of wedding videos from different videographers on Maui, we knew we wanted HI Focused to capture our big day. We booked them through our wedding planner, but Jordan reached out to us to provide tips and to make sure he understood what we wanted out of our films. We absolutely loved the drone shots they had done for other weddings, so that was our only major request….and they certainly delivered!! Jordan was so easy to work with and we were super impressed that he finished our films (trailer and short film) way earlier than expected. When we watched the films, we were so overcome by all of the happy emotions that it brought back for us. From the heartfelt music to the breathtaking drone shots to the way he told the story of our special day…everything was just perfection!! A few of our family members and friends commented that they didn’t even realize that Jordan and his team captured so much footage because they were never in the way and never in anyone’s face with a camera. Whoever said that you don’t need a videographer because “you’ll never watch your wedding video more than once” clearly didn’t have their wedding day covered by HI Focused! We’re so in love with our films and will treasure them for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Matthew · Married on 04/09/2016

Jordan is exceptional to work with. He carries himself and his team with incomparable professionalism, prompt communication, purpose, and integrity. He is transparent in all of his transactions and fulfills his agreements promptly as personally stated.

After solidifying our contract, he immediately sent us a recommended guidelines form to optimize the progression of our wedding day as flawlessly as possible. When mentioned his name to the other vendors, all of them said nothing but good things and that they enjoyed working with him. Him and his team arrived to our event remarkably early, sharply dressed and were obviously ready to work, taking their craft very seriously. Then they proceeded to work tirelessly the entire time we designated in our contract. When it came time to create the videos, he completed and delivered the product earlier than the approximated deadline with everything functioning perfectly upon arrival. He even gladly incorporated specific footage of our day that we requested to be included in our videos.

Hiring a professional videographer for a wedding can be viewed as fairly expensive, but we appoached the expense with acceptance, deciding that we preferred directing our costs on things with obvious longevity such as this. This has lead to us, and everyone else, to agree that after viewing our videos, that it was money very well spent. We thoroughly appreciate the product this company created for us and never tire to repeatedly watch and share our videos.

We know there are many cinematrography companies from which to choose, however, you will not be disappointed in the product and expertise demonstrated by Jordan and the rest of his staff. We give Jordan and his company the highest recommendation for their services to anyone thinking, or knowing for certain, of hiring a cinematrography company for their wedding day. You will be extremely happy you did so.

Sent on 03/06/2016

Jordan and his team went above and beyond my expectations for my wedding videography team. I am so thankful that we chose to use HI Focused for our wedding; the results were better than I could have ever dreamed. The entire film crew was professional, polite, and extremely easy to work with. Their creativity and vision for the film is amazing, and the final product was fabulous. I plan to show my films at a reception back home, and I am so excited to be able to share everything that Jordan captured with those who couldn't make it to Hawaii with us; they are going to feel like there were there with us!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Shinji · Married on 02/29/2016

We highly recommend HI FOCUSD Cinematography. We had them for our wedding on Feb 29, 2016 in Maui and are extremely satisfied with them. Jordan, who is the owner/principal cinematographer is very talented, professional, honest and pleasant to work with. He is extremely good at making film in very natural and elegant way with modern and professional skills. He also does extraordinary job in incorporating stories and emotions in the film, making his films so touching. His musicality is phenomenal - using music in most effective and sophisticated way so that each scene of the film tells your story and enhances the beauty.

Booking and transaction was easy and transparent. Once contract is done, Jordan sent us a questionnaire about us and initiated a phone meeting with us. He puts every effort to know better about clients to tailor perfect films. He also sent us tips for the wedding day, which helped us to get prepared.

On the wedding day, the shooting process was seamless and no stress for us. They capture all the priceless moments while not disturbing any wedding processes. A week later, Jordan offered a follow-up Skype meeting with us and he spent extra time and effort to determine which part of our speech to include in the film since we spoke Japanese. He delivered the film much earlier than expected timeline. When we watched the final film, we couldn't help crying, as it was so beautiful and touching. I knew he would do an amazing job, but he exceeded our expectation by far!

Why Jordan's film is so beautiful and touching? We believe it is not only because he is skillful, but also because it comes from his warm personality. We are certain that all his efforts in respecting and understanding his clients make it possible to generate such wonderful films. You will definitely be able to tell once you get your own film! You will never regret choosing HI FOCUSED Cinematography to create your lifetime treasure.

Chaco and Shinji

Sent on 04/11/2016

Claire · Married on 01/23/2016

We felt so lucky to have Jordan as our wedding photographer. It was a great pleasure working with him and his team. Jordan is very professional, creative and responsive. Before the wedding day, he communicated with us remotely several times to help us plan out every detail and patiently learned what we wanted. On our wedding day, the team showed up ahead of schedule and had everything prepared well. They are so experienced to shoot the best moment with amazing angles. We were thrilled to watch our wedding film and love it so much! Everything in the film is perfect, the story line, background music and aerial scenes. Many thanks to Jordan and the team for capturing our big day in a spectacular way!

Sent on 03/09/2016

Natalie · Married on 12/29/2015

So happy that we took a risk (travelling from Australia to Maui) and hired Jordan to video our elopement last month! From the communication and endless emails with our initial contact, the lead up, the actual day and now seeing our highlights so soon, we cannot recommend hi light films enough. We are absolutely thrilled and could not have wished for anything more perfect! Mahalo :)

Sent on 01/19/2016

Jenna · Married on 10/17/2015

Jordan and his team are phenomenal!! Not only are they extremely professional, they also happen to be a ton of fun! My husband and I both hate being in front of the camera and quite frankly, are very awkward. However, I knew this day needed to be documented and I wanted the best. We definitely picked the right people. They made everything fun and natural. Even for us awkward folk they made it pretty painless. They also worked seamlessly with our photographers which is very important. Nothing was overdone and they documented the day/night perfectly. They didn't miss a single detail and now I can relive that night as often as I want. The finished products are extremely professional and the drone shots are out of this world! I have communicated with Jordan a lot over the past few weeks and it feels like your chatting with an old friend. Thank you Jordan and team!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Sandy · Married on 10/09/2015

If you are planning on getting married in Hawaii (on any island) and you want simply the BEST video professionals out there, I would strongly recommend going with Jordan Nagasako and his team! From the start Jordan was responsive and quickly answered any and all questions that I had. He was able to put together a custom package for us and went above and beyond afterward to ensure that our wedding video was edited just the way we wanted. He really did a great job capturing the realness of our wedding which is what we wanted. He listened to us and really made sure he captured the moments that were most important to us. We could not be happier and will treasure these memories for the rest of our lives! Thank you Jordan and team for your hard work and dedication to your craft!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Norm · Married on 10/07/2015

Hi Focused Cinematography was on the short list of vendors that our wedding coordinator recommended to us. After watching some of the wedding videos that they had done, we decided to book them due to the high production value and how they seemed to capture the emotion of the day.

We worked with Jordan Nagasako, who I believes owns the business. Jordan walked us through the process, and on the day of the wedding, he and his team were non-intrusive and extremely professional. And he has a drone to take some unbelievable aerial shots! When we received our final videos, we were thrilled with how great they came out. It's a joy to be able to re-live our special day over and over, and we have Jordan and his team to thank for their excellent work!

Sent on 12/22/2015

We loved our wedding videos. Jordan filmed our rehearsal, Korean ceremony, wedding and reception. Jordan and his crew were very professional and very easy to deal with. We gave Jordan some specifics on how we wanted our videos done and he followed our requests perfectly. We couldn't be happier and highly recommend Hi Focused!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Michaela · Married on 09/19/2015

Obviously, every Bride wants each detail of her wedding to be perfect. When picking a videographer, photographer, florist, etc. it can be scary because you want your vendors to care about your wedding day (and every little detail) as much as you do. Jordan takes the time necessary to hear what his customers want and he delivers, making you feel like you're his only client. His work speaks for itself and then to make it better he is great and easy to work with. Cinematography is clearly Jordan's passion and that truly shines through both in his professionalism and the work he is able to create. It was a pleasure inviting Jordan & his team to be apart of our special day and now we have a beautiful video that we will treasure forever.

Sent on 03/06/2016

Evelyn · Married on 09/18/2015

If I could give 10 stars, I would..because 5 stars is just not sufficient to express my happiness and gratitude for capturing our special day in such a beautiful way. Not only was the work of the highest quality...but the service and communication from the beginning was extremely professional. Like a typical worried and anxious bride, Jordan's attentive to detail and reliable phone calls/email contact put me at ease. We asked for a quick delivery so we could show the video at our reception at home and I have to admit...I was amazed that he kept his promise..AND it was the best quality. That wasn't the end...a week later, we received the physical USB and hard drive in the mail packaged beautifully with some Hawaiian treats! So thoughtful and concluded the wonderful experience working with HiFocused. I almost wish we could get married just to make another film! lol. Thanks Jordan!!!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Scott · Married on 09/09/2015

Jordan and his team did an excellent job for us from beginning to end. We had multiple phone calls to discuss video shots, angles, pricing, availability, etc. I was fully informed every step of the way. The day of the wedding was extremely warm but Jordan and his team showed up early and was shooting exactly on time. They got all the beauty shots we wanted but the key shot I hired Jordan for was the drone shot. They pulled it off and it looks amazing. Every person that saw the finished product from Jordan thought it was the best wedding video they'd ever seen. I have to agree!! (See Julina & Dustin video)

It took Jordan about 6-7 weeks to deliver the first cut, which I consider faster than normal but more importantly, his quality was amazing. I did request a couple edits and Jordan was extremely fast and flexible.

I work in the marketing field and have scripted and managed the creative portion of making a video. I've also managed events and know the difference between a good videographer and a great one. Jordan is professional and extremely competent, someone who would definitely make your wedding memories very special. We relive that special day because he made us a beautiful video. Price wise, he's competitive.

Put Jordan's name top on your list and then compare the othe vendors to him. You'll see he's the top in his game.

Sent on 11/27/2015

dustin · Married on 09/09/2015

Jordan at HI Focused was fun and easy to work with. Our video turned out absolutely amazing, it was everything we dreamed it would be. We got out video back from Jordan very quickly, which was important for us, since a lot of our friends and family were not in attendance. The drone shots were awesome, another huge reason we would recommend Jordan to anyone looking for video needs in Maui. We highly recommend he and his team!

J & D Frediani

Sent on 03/27/2016

Jordan and his team are amazing!!! Jordan's videos have the highest quality, they are crisp, clean and beautifully done. It was an easy decision for us to choose him almost a year in advance. From our initial contact he was fast to respond to emails, usually the same day if not the next. If needed, he will schedule phone calls to discuss any questions and concerns and listens to what is important to you to see in the video. He is very detailed oriented, provides a helpful "Tips to get the most out of your video" informational document that goes over all the important dos and don'ts. Must read! He was able to use a drone to film the resort and our ceremony and reception area, it was awesome! On the day of, his team arrived early to setup, all very professional, personable, efficient, calming, and unobtrusive. In less than 3 weeks, we got our highlight video that captured the the beauty of the setting, details, and the emotions of the day! It brings back all the memories and you feels like you are reliving it again! Jordan is truly an artist who captures the essence of weddings in a magical way!!!

Sent on 10/26/2015
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/04/2015

Jordan and his crew were fantastic! They caught so many important moments for us that we can watch over and over again. Watching our video, I still shed a tear or two :) I would definitely recommend HI FOCUSED to any bride! They were professional but also had great personalities! We love our video and everyone who has seen it loves it too! The drone was also a big plus! To see the property from above and over the ocean was spectacular!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Allison · Married on 08/24/2015

My fiance and I knew that our wedding video would be our top priority. After seeing Vimeo and YouTube videos from HI Focused, we were convinced that we had to lock their services down. After a few emails, we met Jordan via phone call and loved his energy. He was cool and laid back but very professional.

Our pricing was based on the fact that he would need to fly in from Maui to Oahu. We were sure that our investment would be worth it, so we signed the contract!

We did not meet Jordan face to face until the wedding day. It was no problem; he was on top of his duties and brought along Philip (his videographer friend from Oahu). They were fun and friendly and knew exactly what they needed. They did their homework!

Now let's get to the final product. HOLY SMOKES. Our highlight film on their Vimeo (posted less than two months from the wedding) page blew us away! We knew that we were going to get a top notch product, but Jordan totally exceeded our expectations. The drone shots that my husband badgered Jordan about were breathtaking. His video editing to capture the emotions, the energy, the beauty, and the party was spot on. Not to mention his choice of music. He chose the perfect songs to go with our video.

A few weeks later, we received our highlight film along with a full length film on a classy credit card-style USB drive. We also opted for all the raw footage on an external hard drive so that was also included. The full length film was beautiful and the song selections were perfect.

If you like the style that HI Focused has shown on their Vimeo/YouTube pages, I highly recommend hiring them. You get what you pay for, and this investment for us truly paid off. These videos last forever and we are extremely satisfied.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Gilbert · Married on 08/08/2015

Jordan and the Hi Focused team were amazing to work with. They captured all of the perfect moments that happened during our wedding. The video that we received was amazing and worth every penny. If you are looking for a top quality videographer stop wasting your time and contact Jordan at Hi Focused. Jordan and his team are perfectionists they will keep taking the same videos until it is perfect no matter how many times we have to do it. They were on top of things, easy to work with, worked great with the other vendors, they were on time, and just made our day worry free. Just want to say Thank You to the entire Hi Focused team for there dedication, professionalism, great work and unforgettable wedding video. Gil and Elaine's Maui wedding 08/08/15.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Antoinette · Married on 08/06/2015

Jordan and his team did a tremendous job on our dream wedding at Magical Hana. Knowing the time limitation, logistics and the weather (Tropical Storm Guillermo was scheduled to hit Maui on our wedding day) is already challenging. The quality of his work, attention to every detail and responsiveness to our needs is just amazing. I loved the drone shots! We wanted something that would best document this special moment and place in our lives. Jordan and Hi focused Cinematography did just that.

Sent on 08/23/2015