HG Entertainment Reviews

254 | Meriden, CT

254 Reviews for HG Entertainment

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2012

It isn't possible to express how much we LOVED working with Harry. We hired him for both DJ services for both the ceremony and the reception, as well as for his photo booth. Harry is incredibly, incredibly professional, but also one of the nicest and generous people that you can work with for a big event. He provides everything in writing, is incredibly responsive, and works with you on every tiny detail to make sure everything is covered, and everything is what the bride and groom thinks it should be. We fell in love with Harry upon our first meeting, and he did everything possible to make our day the best.

We got RAVE reviews of the photobooth (all of our guests loved it) - Harry let us custom design the photo layout and was very generous with how much time we had the booth running for. The wedding wouldn't have been the same without it. He also helped me surprise my husband with a custom lighting display, which really made the day even more special and unique. He also helped me track down some relatively unheard of music that I was looking for, and was patient with me as I changed my mind several times about our ceremony music.

If you're looking for a DJ, or for uplighting, or for a photobooth, look no further! Harry is your man. Harry is THE man. Looking back, no one could have made our day as special, fun, and enjoyable as Harry did. He is so much more than the services you hire him for.

Sent on 02/14/2013

Harry was great and the dance floor was packed all night! He had people dancing that didn't even dance at their own weddings! The photobooth was a big hit too! He is so responsive and thorough and helped in large part to make it a perfect day!

Sent on 08/14/2012

HG Entertainment's reply:

Nicki and Jason,
    I miss you! Your wedding at The Barns was so fun. It was fun to help everyone dance and enjoy themselves. I can't believe how much dancing took place. Your guests made me look like a pro. ha ha.

I wish you all the best.
    Harry

Donna · Married on 07/07/2012

Harry Gambardella is truly an amazing gentleman in every sense of the word. He worked extremely hard with me through all of the planning stages, right up to the very end, despite several personal circumstances on our end that made this wedding a little more difficult than most. Even during the wedding Harry did all he could to make sure everything was just the way we wanted it. It was truly a privilege to have Harry as the DJ at our wedding event.

• Georgann

Georgann · Married on 06/30/2012

We love Harry!!!! He did such an amazing job. EVERYONE was on the dance floor for the entire night!!!! His attention to detail was amazing. We really loved our gift and wedding card. It meant a lot. He was professional and everyone had a blast. Thank you for everything!!!! You made our wedding and reception perfect.

Georgann and William

Sent on 07/01/2012

Gina · Married on 06/30/2012

Harry was amazing to work with! He was attentive & helpful throughout our whole process. He let me create my own template for our photo booth which I thought was so generous of him, and we loved it! I highly recommend him to any future brides.

Rachel · Married on 05/20/2012

Harry was fantastic- he worked with us to put together the perfect mix of music for our wedding day. He was a pleasure to work with and was incredibly professional and reliable. I would recommend him highly.

michael · Married on 04/15/2012

Harry of HG Entertainment was absolutely amazing! Would highley reccomend him for any function. He is very professional and a joy to deal with. All around just a great guy and will without a doubt make any event an event to remember.

Mike and Erin Whalen

Sent on 05/06/2012

Kimberly · Married on 11/05/2011

Harry was a great DJ! He kept the flow of the wedding going, got everyone dancing, and made sure my husband and I were taken care of. Harry is a true professional. We highly recommend his services

Sent on 01/31/2013

Words can not describe all that Harry did for us. He had amazing ideas, and played all the songs we wanted. I e-mailed him just a few weeks before the wedding about adding some things on and he was more than accommodating. He is incredibly easy to work with--available through email, in person, and even in skype. With each request we had, he was extremely helpful, and also had many great suggestions. Being a dancer myself, having great reception music was important to me. Fast forward to my big day... he gave us more than we could of asked for, he went above and beyond helping out way after his job was over to give me the best day possible. Hiring him was the best decision I made for our wedding. If I could redo my wedding, even with a million dollar budget Harry would be the first person I would hire.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Beth · Married on 10/23/2011

If you are thinking about hiring Harry for your wedding or event stop thinking about it and just do if! It will be the best decision you ever made! We were married almost a year ago now and people are still talking about how awesome our DJ was! And how fun and entertaining the photo booth was! We will continue to recommend Harry to all our friends and family and will most definitely use him again in the future! A good way to tell you how awesome he was, my old fashioned parents really wanted us to hire a band and were so against us hiring a DJ for our wedding, but at the end of the night my father couldn't wait to shake Harry's hand and give him a tip!!! Takes a lot to impress my father ;-)

Sent on 10/08/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2011

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing i think Harry is. From the first time i spoke with him on the phone to numerous emails and our meeting at his office I have always felt comfortable with him. You can tell that he absolutely loves what he does! Harry decorated our room with great up lighting which really made the room come alive. He also brought along "the laugh pod" (photo booth). Our guest absolutely loved this and continued talking about it for days. If you choose Harry to be the DJ at your wedding you will not be let down! He truly cares about the couples he works with and wants to make sure he makes your day special! His choice in music was perfect, his correspondence is very quick, he is always there to help any way he can! Harry also threw in a couple of extras to make our day that much more amazing.

If you want a DJ that will keep your party going and if you want an all around nice person Harry is the one!

Sent on 10/29/2011

Michael · Married on 10/01/2011

Harry went above and beyond. He made the process of picking songs very easy and was always available to answer our questions. He was a wonderful DJ, and everyone loved the photo booth. He created a template for the photo booth that matched our wedding stationary. Guests said the photo booth helped break the ice. The up-lighting Harry provided was very tasteful and beautiful.

Sent on 11/06/2011

Susan · Married on 10/01/2011

Harry was awesome. He made the whole process of deciding our wedding songs so easy. Everyone loved the photobooth. It was a big hit with everyone of all ages at our wedding. Harry was able to create a photo template that matched our wedding invitations. Harry goes above and beyond.

Sent on 02/02/2013

Alex · Married on 09/24/2011

Harry was awesome! Everything was perfect because of him.

Sent on 11/07/2011
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/17/2011

I know it looks like my ratings are fake but Harry really deserves every star there. He was probably our hardest working vendor we chose. He was always connected and available for us if we had any questions --- about anything! Timelines? Tradition? Unique ideas? He really tries to help with any questions you have about the entire day. The value with HG Entertainment is surreal. As a bride who put a ton of detail into our wedding, I was so pleased when Harry sent me a lengthy questionnaire a week or two before the wedding asking about all of the details, how to pronounce the bridal party's names, what kind of moods we wanted for each part of the night, everything! It made me feel like I could relax and leave the flow and everyone's enjoyment to him. He knew just as much about our wedding plans as I did on the day of and what a blessing that is when you just want to concentrate on the one you love!

Margaret · Married on 09/10/2011

Harry Gambardella (HG Entertainment) is the best DJ EVER! He is absolutely amazing to work with and is very upbeat and energetic!! From his love of music & people, comes everything else! He wasnt just our DJ, but also provided uplighting, monograms and a photo booth. Everything was perfect! We are still receiving compliments on how great our entertainment was! Harry is a great person & we're happy to call him our friend!!! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND HG ENTERTAINMENT TO ALL!!!

Sent on 11/05/2011

Kelly · Married on 08/20/2011

Harry did an amazing job at our wedding from the music to the uplighting and the photo booth! We would recommend him in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/06/2011

Sara · Married on 07/29/2011

Harry did an amazing job with our wedding!! From the first time we met with him, we loved him! He went out of his way to be sure to do everything we wanted. He played every song we asked for, didn't play any that we didn't want, and made the whole evening run so smoothly! He was sure to get our special entrance song, and even played it to me over the phone to ensure it was exactly what we wanted. At both of our meetings, my husband and I felt at ease with him, and were thrilled that our big day was approaching. Harry was so thoughtful and kind, and so much fun! He really cared to make our wedding a wonderful time! We got numerous compliments on him and on the dance party at our wedding! We just got our photos, and they showed what a wild, crazy time it was!! Harry even did a few special extra things for us that were so thoughtful! If you are looking for a kind, attentive, skilled DJ, Harry is your man!!

Sent on 11/07/2011

alicia · Married on 07/24/2011

Harry, Were do i began. You did an amazing job! Our wedding was wonderful and everything we dreamed of because of all your help. You were more then a dj, you made sure everything ran smoothly, and you took care of all questions during the wedding so we could enjoy our self and not be bothered. The photobooth was such a big hit, everyone loved it. The lighting was awesome. Loved our names on the wall. Great idea and nice touch. I've made sure to recommend you to everyone i know thats getting married and ill continue to do so. Your great at what you do! Thnaks a million for everything!
    Tony And Alicia Quagliaroli

Sent on 11/11/2011

Morgan · Married on 06/18/2011

Harry (HG Entertainment) was absolutely phenomenal!!! We appreciated that he always went above and beyond what we asked of him!!! He was a straight shooter and never tried to sell us more. He shared with us all of the products and services he could offer, but was not AT ALL pushy and trying to get us to have every product and service he offered. He was in constant contact with us and always returned our calls or emails in a timely fashion!!! Without him our wedding would not have been the great success it was!! We absolutely loved working with him!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2011

Cara · Married on 05/28/2011

If you're looking for a DJ, stop reading all of the reviews on here and just call Harry! Harry was incredibly helpful when we were planning our day and gave us lots of good advice. He was also very responsive to any and all emails and questions, and he was willing to meet with us any time we needed to. He was also willing to set up meetings via phone or Skype if an in-person meeting wasn't an option! On the day of our wedding, numerous guests commented on how much they enjoyed the music that Harry played. He also had great energy for all of the announcements! Not only is Harry an incredible DJ, but he is also one of the nicest people I've ever met. He genuinely cared about me and my groom, and he wanted nothing more than to make our reception fun and memorable. He even went so far as to surprise us with a light projection of our names at the reception! I would recommend Harry to anyone looking for a talented, pleasant, and responsive DJ.

Sent on 06/21/2011

jaclyn · Married on 05/07/2011

Excellent dj! Everything was perfect!

• Christina

Christina · Married on 04/30/2011

Back in May 2010 when I had just gotten engaged I booked a cheap DJ. I had a dream that he didn't show up and thought maybe I should do a little more research. I found HG Entertainment and all I can think is Thank God I had that nightmare about the first DJ. Harry Gambardella was by far the best DJ we could have picked. He wasn't just the DJ. He was basically the Master of Ceremonies. He ran the show and coordinated with all the other vendors to make sure we stuck to our agenda. He engaged all of our guests and I honestly don't think anyone left early! He made everything so easy. He also supplied us with our photobooth service. His price was much better than using a photographers service. He gave us a disc with all the pictures and kept it open longer because everyone was having so much fun with it. There were so many pictures I don't think I have even looked at all of them yet. Harry was a huge part of our day. He became a friend and guest. I just hope he had a chance to eat! Thanks for everything Harry!

Sent on 05/29/2011

Heidi · Married on 02/19/2011

Harry was a hit! By far, he helped to make our wedding as fun as it could be. We decided to use the Laugh Pod (Instant Photo Booth) as our wedding favors. Everyone loved it and had a great time taking tons of pictures, we had a better time looking at the pictures on the flash drive Harry gave to us that night.

Living in Baltimore, we were not able to meet Harry ahead of time. However, through his emails, phone calls, and our Skype appointment, I felt as if we truly knew him. We filled out his questionnaire ahead of time, which helped us get our ideas together before Skyping with him.

Harry also up-lit the room. It was beautiful and really transformed the space.

I loved how professional he was and responsive to our requests. Having been to several weddings, I knew that loud music during dinner would drive me nuts. He kept the music appropriate and the volume under control. All our requests were played and he ensured that people would stay out on the dance floor as long as possible.

Sent on 02/21/2011

Allison · Married on 11/05/2010

If you want to have a blast at your reception and get all of your guests dancing the night away, there is no one better then Harry! Our guests will be talking about the night for years to come after the party atmosphere that he created. Harry was always there for me to ask questions and he made sure that the night ran smoothly without me having to worry about a SINGLE thing. It was exactly what I was looking for when it came to my DJ. He made my husband I feel like we were the most important people on the planet. I can't say enough how thankful we were!

Sent on 11/09/2010