HG Entertainment Reviews

254 | Meriden, CT

254 Reviews for HG Entertainment

Debra · Married on 09/20/2014

Harry what can I say, you rock!!! The dance floor was packed from beginning to end. The selections of music played were fantastic. I had several guests tell me that this was the best wedding they have ever been to and that is because of you. Everything came off so smoothly and timing was right on. I don't remember there every being a moment of silence; unless called for. Mike and I are so extremely happy that we hired you for our wedding. You helped us create memories that we will never forget.

Sent on 10/02/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

LOVED working with you at Anthony'd Ocean View. What a perfect wedding. Thank you so much for picking me to be your DJ. That means the WORLD to me.

Almamarina · Married on 09/13/2014

Harry was great! He was very professional, flexible and easy to work with. He always offered extra help and called to check in our planning and progress. He provided both DJ and photo booth services for our wedding and both were essential to the success of our wedding. The template he created for our photo was incredible and matched our invitations perfectly. He provided all of the music we requested and I was told he took many requests from guests at the wedding. It was evident that he cared about us, our reception and our guests. But even more, it is clear that he is great at his job and making your event successful.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/06/2014

I cannot say enough about Harry! From the very first meeting, we knew his energy was perfect for us and our day. He always called/texted/emailed me back almost instantly and was great about any of our wacky ideas (which our guests loved!). We rented the Smile Lounge Photo Booth in addition to having him as our DJ and our guests, including the grandparents, loved it!!! The dance floor was packed all night and the photo booth had a line. Great props with it too! We will most certainly be using Harry again and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/07/2014
  • Y

Yadira · event on: 08/23/2014

Photo booth rental was the highlight of my daughter's sweet 16. It is a must at any event, it engages all of your guests inc. Grandparents etc. The name says it all; it is literally a laugh pod! Special thanks to Harry and family.

Sent on 09/13/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for this review!!!

Erin · Married on 08/08/2014

Harry was extremely organized, professional, and fun! He had great insight during planning and was willing to help in any way possible. The wedding reception went off without a hitch, thanks to Harry! He moved the introductions, dances, and speeches along just as I had asked in order to get as much dancing time as possible!! He checked in with me multiple times throughout the night to be sure he was doing a good job! He played all of my "must play" songs, and did an AMAZING job playing a good mix of music that the whole crowd would enjoy!! I only heard positive feedback from all of my guests!

Harry also provided his Photo Booth for our wedding ceremony. It was a hit! We loved the open concept (which we were a little weary about at first) but it ended up being perfect!! The props he provided were the best I have seen! Guests loved it and my husband and I loved looking through all the pictures after the wedding!

I would highly recommend Harry for any wedding or event!! He's the best!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Melanie · event on: 08/02/2014

We rented the photo booth from Harry. Our guests had a blast!! It was easy, the props were amazing, so many to choose from & so much fun!!! There was a line to use it the whole time we had it. Thank you for helping us make our son's graduation party a memorable one!! We would recommend everyone to HG Entertainment to everyone!!! Thanks again Harry!!! Melanie & Rick Baribault

Sent on 08/05/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for this review!

Julie · Married on 08/01/2014

We used HG Entertainment for DJ, photo booth, and up-lighting. From start to finish Harry was a pleasure to work with. He treated every aspect of our wedding as if it where his own. You can tell he takes pride in his work and always gives 110%. He was a big help throughout the planning process and offered plenty of suggestions when we were unsure.
    He played a nice mix of music so that people of all ages were up on the dance floor. And if they weren't there they were in the photo booth. Which EVERYONE raved about!! They absolutely loved it!! We love that we got a disk of all the photos as well. It was so awesome to see how much fun everyone was having in the photo booth. He also matched the up-lighting perfectly to our decor. It really gave the whole ambiance of the room a polished look.
    Harry even came prepared for little incidents that wouldn't be his "job". For instance, he had band aids on hand when my husbands heels got torn up from his new shoes. He tries to think of all the little things that could pop up during a wedding and be prepared for them, whether it is his job or not. He was also more than generous with a couple add on's for our event, which looked fabulous.
    Overall, my husband and I were beyond pleased with the services received from HG Entertainment. Harry is a truly genuine person and we will definitely recommend his services and use him again in the future! Thanks Harry!

Sent on 09/23/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Julie and Jamie! What a great review. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I loved working with you. It makes me so happy to know I made your day great. Thank you for hiring me. I wish you all the best of luck, health, and happiness.

Harry

We rented the laughpod (photo booth) Harry was great! Our guests loved it and so did we!

Sent on 08/07/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much!!! You were great to work with!

Renee · Married on 07/20/2014

Harry was AMAZING!!! We didn't pick many songs but his judgement on fill in songs were great and kept everyone dancing and having a great time. Harry is very helpful, prompt, and professional. I will def be recommending HG- Entertainment to all my friends & family. Thank you again Harry for an amazing Wedding.

Sent on 08/03/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you SO much for this review. It was a great time at Saybrooke Point Inn too. I loved your family and friends. Thank you for hiring me!!

Sara · Married on 07/03/2014

Harry went above and beyond in every aspect. He communicated with us during every step of the planning process and made us feel comfortable with all of the little details. During our wedding, he kept the party going all night long and made sure that everything flowed smoothly. I would recommend Harry to anyone - he was the best DJ!

Sent on 07/17/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

THANK YOU Renee and Tom!!
    It was a fun time at The Pavilion. It was my honor to be your DJ. We had a great time. Thank you again for this review. It means the world to me.

Stefanie · event on: 06/29/2014

This was the second time we used HG Entertainment for an event. Harry is wonderful, he truly cares about you and your event and listens to what you want. I always receive an email response the same day and he is always so flexible when it comes to meetings. We love working with him and only hope we have the pleasure of using HG Enterainment in the future.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Matt/Molly · Married on 06/28/2014

Harry was phenomenal from the start. He responds so quickly to every email, question, and concern. He was so easy to work with and was one of the easiest wedding vendors to work with. He let us guide how our wedding was from timeline, to must-plays, to songs to avoid, etc. On the actual wedding day, Harry read our wedding guests to a tee. He played awesome music and kept all of our guests on the dance floor. He was prompt in playing requests and even downloaded a song on the spot that he didn't have that one of our guests requested. The day before the wedding, he called to checked in. He also called the day of the wedding to let us know that he arrived at the venue and that everything was all set. Even our wedding coordinator commented on his professionalism and knowledge to the point where she said she'd love to work with him again! We were so pleased with everything Harry provided and would absolutely recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Michele · Married on 06/27/2014

Harry goes above and beyond! He takes so much pride in his work and it shows. The lighting was amazing! The photobooth was so much fun and there was always a line wanting another photo. The music kept people on the dance floor. I cant wait to have another occasion so we can have him DJ again!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Harry was great! He surprised us with some Hindi songs and was very responsive to our e-mails and phone calls. If you have your event at the Water's Edge Resort Harry is your guys! He knows the venue well. And if you don't have your event at Water's Edge Harry is still your guys. he can make any evening magical!

Thanks a lot Harry - we had a great time!

Sent on 08/26/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

Deepa and Adam. You were wonderful. Classy, elegant, and fun. It was my sincere honor that you chose me to share in your special day.

Harry

We planned our Connecticut wedding from 300+ miles away and, given our distance and hectic work schedules, were looking for vendors who were highly responsive and detail-oriented. Harry was recommended by a friend in the Connecticut events/hospitality industry. We emailed Harry late one night and within two minutes he responded with incredible enthusiasm, which got us really excited, even though we were still about ten months out. We had some tricky religious logistical components to our wedding and Harry had the attitude that anything was basically possible as long as there was a clear plan in place. As an events professional, that was all I needed to hear. He was hired! From then on, Harry was our crutch. He was always there to answer any question we had, no matter the hour – literally! Given our distance, he was available to Skype chat with us many times, and even took us through our timeline online so we could see changes he was making in real-time. Harry even met up with my dad for a site visit AND on the day-of, arrived very early with THREE separate sound systems! Harry was INCREDIBLE on-site. Before deciding on his services, I always had flashbacks to DJs in the mid-90s – loud, showy, dance-floor hogs – but this was not Harry at all. We had a Sunday brunch wedding with dancing and Harry kept everything both classy and super laid back. From walking down the aisle to Van Morrison’s Crazy Love to Paul Simon at cocktails to dancing a crazy 15-minute hora medley at the reception, guests couldn’t stop raving at how phenomenal our DJ was. Before the reception, Harry hung back with us to check in, see how we were, and prep us for the reception. This put us at ease. Before we walked into the reception, Harry greeted guests. His delivery was warm and made it feel like he had known everyone for years. This set the tone for a reception that exceeded our expectations. He had nearly EVERYONE on the dance floor. I would recommend Harry’s services a million times over!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Eric · Married on 05/30/2014

Harry exceeds all expectations. He DJ'd my brother's wedding 3 years ago and mine a few weeks ago. For many reading this, you know what a process it is to plan a wedding. If every vendor and individual who you have to deal with to get the day planned cared and was as passionate about their work as Harry is, things would have been much simpler. Harry makes sure that the day of the wedding and the weeks prior go as smoothly as possible. A few examples of this are listed.

1. Harry brings needle and thread, extra pairs of socks, hair elastics and pins, gum, among other items which in a pinch are very useful.

2. if during the reception he notices something out of place (a napkin on the dance floor), he will go and pick it up. He does more than just play music at your wedding, he really does try to make your night as perfect as it can be.

3. my now wife had chosen all of the wedding party entrance songs weeks before the wedding and had given them to Harry so that he could finalize his set list and timing. At the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding at 11pm, we decided to change the songs (there were 8 different songs which people wanted played at certain parts of each song). Harry stayed up until 2am redoing everything.

He's a great guy and really just wants you to have a great day, and it shows.

Sent on 06/13/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much. What a fun night at the Farmington Club. Your family is awesome. Thee music choices were great. I simply supplemented your great ideas. I'm so happy to receive this! Thank you, Thank you,.

We hired Harry for my daughter''s wedding which was Memorial Day weekend. My daughter and son in law absolutey loved working with him. He nudged them gently along the way so they wouldn't have to figure out music and details last minute. He is honest, calming ,professional and fabulous!! He knew exactly what songs to get the crowd up and moving, to keep them moving or to get them back on the dance floor. I would recommend Harry to anyone....he is the best!!!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

What a wonderful evening it was at The Fox Hill Inn! You are your family and friends are the best. Thank you so much for trusting me to provide your daughter with a wonderful memory.
  • User3519721 · 2+ years ago

What are you waiting for - book Harry!! He is truly the best at what he does. My husband and I got married over Memorial Day weekend at Candlewood Inn and Harry made our wedding the party we both envisioned! Harry's passion for what he does is clear. From the first time we met him through the end of our reception he was professional, responsive, and helped us put together a memorable event! Harry is much more than the DJ/entertainment, he really cares about all of his clients. Our guests are still raving about the awesome mix of music he played. He played songs that guests from every generation could enjoy and had the dance floor packed! My favorites were the throwback songs that get people really excited that you don't hear often at weddings! Thank you Harry for everything, we can't stop talking about the night and how awesome you are!

Sent on 06/01/2014

ashley · Married on 05/17/2014

Harry was a outstanding DJ. He had so much to offer and all the guess loved him. I would so total recommend him to any one

Sent on 06/01/2014

Kevin · Married on 05/16/2014

Harry is a true professional and very responsive to every need and request. He is not only a fantastic DJ but an awesome MC and ensures that your event runs smoothly and maintains the appropriate energy level throughout. We recommend him and his services for every event!

Sent on 05/17/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

You and Ginny were wonderful to work with! It was a great evening of fun at Seasons. I wish you both all the best of luck and happiness.

Meredith · Married on 05/03/2014

Harry did a great job as our wedding DJ! He set the tone right away and kept everything flowing perfectly. He made sure our guests were on the dance floor and delivered on all of our requests! Harry did a great job of reading the crowd and doing a great mixture of songs that would fit everyone. Harry was wonderful to work with and always made us feel comfortable and special, not only on the big day, but throughout the whole process! The uplighting and monograms looked awesome as well! We booked Harry because my husband had seen him at another wedding and saw what a great job he did and we would recommend him to everyone! Our guests raved, and we feel like we got everything we ever could have wanted. Definitely a 5 star DJ!

Sent on 05/04/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

Love you guys! Your wedding at The Marquee was awesome. Thank you so much for hiring me.

Christie · Married on 04/26/2014

DJ Harry is awesome! My husband and I had the best wedding ever! All our guests told us what a great time they had at our wedding, I even heard the word "epic"! My reception at The Riverview in Simsbury, CT can be tough since the bar is around the corner from the dance floor, and I'm told it can be hard to keep people from scattering off the dance floor but DJ Harry kept people together and partying until the last song. We also had his photobooth which all the guests enjoyed, and I love how I get a digital copy of all the pictures! It's great to see all our friends and family having fun and very different from what our photographer was able to capture.

Leading up to the wedding, Harry was always available via phone and email. We met a few weeks before the wedding to go over all of our song selections and introductions, and I always felt confident that Harry had everything under control. He is very organized and clearly passionate about what he does, which comes through big time on the wedding day! His website is also very helpful to organize all the details and even has a song library where you can select song to play and not play.

Overall my husband and I are thrilled with the level of service that Harry provided, and if we had to do it all over again we would hire Harry in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/14/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

You both made me SOOOOO happy with this review. This is what makes my job the BEST job in the world. I wish you both the best of luck, health, and happiness.

Marsha · Married on 04/18/2014

Harry was wonderful!! Best DJ ever. His selection of music was awesome. I had guests from the age of 10 to 94 and everyone said the music was perfect. He was very on top of his game, if a song wasn't hit he quickly changed it and kept the party going. He also threw in a bunch of extras for us as a surprise. I would recommend Harry to anyone and everyone!!
    Harry thank you for making the Lowe Wedding a success!!
    XO Marsha

Sent on 05/06/2014

Linda · Married on 04/04/2014

Harry was awesome. this was the second time we used him within 2 years, and we would use him again if ever needed! I would highly recommend his services to anyone looking for perfection!!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Linda,
    I love your family! It was great to see you all again. What an awesome time we had at the Pavilion on Crystal Lake!

Airen · event on: 03/28/2014

Harry and Hg Entertainment are AMAZING. The up lighting Harry created a beautiful atmospheric room of color. The photo booth was the hit of the party, and it was a hip, stylish and streamlined toy for kids and adults to enjoy! Dj Harry had the adults and kiddos dancing the whole time, and having a BLAST! I would HIGHLY recommend Harry, Hg entertainment and "the laugh pod" photo booths for any event!

Sent on 03/29/2014

HG Entertainment's reply:

THANK YOU Airen! As a fellow professional in the industry, you see a lot of DJ's and Photo Booths. I was so honored to be chosen to provide entertainment for your personal event. That means a lot to me as a business owner and as your friend. Thank you for the opportunity. We had a blast!!