HG Entertainment Reviews

252 | Meriden, CT

252 Reviews for HG Entertainment

Samantha · event on: 07/24/2016

Harry did a wonderful job entertaining the kids. They followed his lead the whole time. Even the adults enjoyed watching!

Sent on 08/09/2016

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so so much! It was fun. What a great yard for a party! Thank you again!

Denise · Married on 07/23/2016

Harry was great to work with, from the first meeting, to the closing of the wedding! He is very attentive, very fun and will do anything to make your wedding special. We didn't have much of a dancing crowd, but Harry kept mixing up the music to find what our guests would respond to. Harry just put us at ease and we knew he had it all under control, there was nothing we had to worry about.

Sent on 08/09/2016

HG Entertainment's reply:

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for this review. I wanted your wedding to be special. Thank you!

Michael · event on: 07/18/2016

We have hired HG Entertainment multiple times for other parties including our wedding and cannot say enough great things about our experience.
    Harry exceeds our expectations everytime!!! He listens to your needs, shows up on time, keeps the crowd going and is always accommodating.
    Two thumbs up, 5-stars all the way!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Lindsey · Married on 07/09/2016

Harry was awesome from start to finish! He was friendly, flexible and fun to work with... I wish we could do it all over again. I would recommend him to anyone who's getting married or having a special event in the future!

Sent on 07/28/2016

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so so much for taking the time to write this review. It means the world to me. Thank you for the honor of trusting me with your event. All I want is for my clients to be delighted! All the best, Harry

Martyna and Chris · Married on 06/26/2016

Harry was such a pleasure to work with. He was on board with all our musical choices and was excited about them! He was very sweet and encouraging and so friendly. Our wedding had a awesome music vibe and everyone enjoyed themselves and the music selections. The price is great and you end up with one of the best DJs in Connecticut. I will definitely recommend him to friends and if we ever need a DJ, I know who to call.

Sent on 07/11/2016

HG Entertainment's reply:

He was great! Very responsive to emails and was willing to work with you to make sure the night was perfect. He also made sure that you knew exactly what was going to happen and was great at giving advice for the timeline of events.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Kelsey · Married on 06/05/2016

Harry was awesome! Very attentive to your needs and requests. He made sure you knew when things were going to happen (like the bouquet toss, cake cutting, dances). My whole wedding said that this was one of the best weddings they have gone to and I truely think it was because of Harry knowing how to make sure people stayed on the dance floor.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Jen · Married on 06/03/2016

Harry is absolutely fantastic and the best DJ! He is always quick to respond and is completely professional. With the amount of planning he did in the days leading up to the wedding, we knew we had nothing to worry about. He was able to keep our wedding running smoothly and all we had to do was enjoy! Harry kept the dance floor busy and we can't tell you how many people came up to us in the days following the wedding saying what a FANTASTIC DJ we had. He was great at reading the crowd and selecting music that kept the party going all night long. The photobooth was also a great choice!! It had a steady stream of people all night and everyone loved it! We also loved how Harry gave us a flash drive of all of the photobooth pictures at the end of the night so we could enjoy as well. Overall, Harry is the nicest person and we couldn't recommend him more!!
    -Jen and Dave

Sent on 06/07/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/29/2016

Harry was absolutely amazing! He kept the night moving and always had our priorities in mind. He went above and beyond to make our wedding extraordinary and we can't thank him enough!

Sent on 06/17/2016

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so so much for this review!!!!

Annabelle · Married on 05/28/2016

Harry is worth his weight in gold. Our biggest worry was a booking a cheesy DJ. Happily Harry is exactly not that and is very professional from start to finish. His music and speakers are top quality. Also, he accommodated requests from guests which stays within the song theme I picked ahead of time. Everyone had an awesome time! Just book him now before someone else does!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Tracey · Married on 05/07/2016

Everything you have heard about Harry is true, everything you haven't heard about Harry, is also likely to be true! To share a personal story, my husband and I managed to do the unimaginable, any DJ's worst nightmare, we picked out a first dance song that was virtually untraceable! We chose a little unknown group who did a rendition of "I'll be there for you you" by The Rembrandts in a ballad medley. When we filled out the survey for Harry a few weeks prior to the wedding, the song was no longer on iTunes. Harry called me personally telling us that this has never happened before. Ultimately, I told him to call my husband (at 8:30 PM mind you) and Harry said "I'm not leaving my house or computer until I have this song for you guys." Jon and him were on the phone for over a half hour doing technical computer stuff which resulted in a successfully downloaded song! Knowing that our DJ wouldn't quit until we were perfectly happy gave us all the faith in the world that we would have a fun wedding night. My husband still remarks that what he liked about our DJ is that our guests had a great time on the dance floor, as well as being able to talk to the person next to us without shouting because of the music. Harry is just calm, cool, and collected, which makes him such a blast to work with because we didn't have to worry about anything. One of my favorite stories about Harry (which genuinely brings a tear to my eye) was when he texted me the morning of the wedding sounding so excited because the van was all packed and ready to go! With the stress of getting ready that morning, it was a such a small gesture that made me smile amidst all the hairspray and primping. A bridesmaid of mine will be getting married next April and has already booked Harry for her wedding as well. Suffice it to say, you can't go wrong with booking Harry. I'm truly so excited to enjoy Harry as a guest again and dance the night away! Book Harry now! Seriously!

Sent on 06/12/2016

HG Entertainment's reply:

He was truly awesome. He went over everything with me ahead of time, told me all the information he needed (names, songs, sequence of events, etc) and he took care of EVERYTHING on the day of the event.
    Very very satisfied.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Diana · Married on 03/19/2016

Me and the hubby got married on 3/19/16. We chose Harry from HG Entertainment( for DJ and Photobooth )for a few reasons-he was a preferred vendor from our venue, he wasn't crazy overpriced, he was easy to talk to from our very first point of contact, and when we checked the reviews on him we were kind of shocked there wasn't one bad one which is pretty unheard of...

BEST DECISION EVER!!!! Such a down to earth, nice person first of all which in my world is very important. He was so on top of everything from Day 1( which is good because I was not ;)) He told us from when we first hired him that he wasn't just a DJ at the wedding, but that he basically would coordinate everything so we could have a stress free night, and that is exactly what he did. I was stressed in general but looking back I realized not once was I concerned about anything going on around us at the reception. He made sure the food was out, he made sure people on the far side of the room could hear him, he made sure everyone was having fun, and he did fulfill the couple of special requests I had. We have had multiple compliments on him even now when we talk about our wedding.

I never write reviews but I thought in this case it was necessary. I know this is a crazy long novel but if it will sway another couple in the direction of HG Entertainment than it is worth it. My husband and I were going to go the cheap way out because we didn't wanna spend money " on the person who is just playing the music " We are both pleased to say we more than 100% are happy with our choice. Going with Harry at HG Entertainment you are certainly not just getting a DJ, you are also getting someone who is fantastic at what he does yes, but additionally someone who is a stand up guy and actually cares about how your whole night goes from beginning to end, and someone who turns your wedding into a night to remember. Thank you again Harry, we appreciate it more than you know.

Sent on 04/03/2016

Christy · event on: 02/20/2016

HG Entertainment is fantastic!! 5 years ago Harry was the DJ at my wedding and he was wonderful to work with! He was flexible, he listened to us, helped us create awesome mixes for the entrance of our bridal party and did such an awesome job keeping the party going all night! He was so easy and fun to work with that my sister hired him for her wedding and most recently - we hired HG to provide a photo booth at my father's 60th which was also a huge success and SO much fun!! Harry takes care of everything and is so much fun to work with! I highly recommend HG Entertainment for any event!!

Sent on 03/05/2016

Karen · event on: 02/12/2016

This was entertainment that we provided for our students during Catholic Schools Week. We have Grade's PK through Grade 8 at our school, and it is difficult to find entertainment that will amuse that large an age difference. (3 to 14). Harry found a way to bridge that gap and a fun time was had by all. The kids just loved it. We have his info close by as we would surely use him again at other events at the school. Karen Jensen, St. John School, Old Saybrook, Ct.

Sent on 02/26/2016

Dawn · event on: 02/06/2016

Great job. Very responsive. Everyone loved him.

Sent on 02/20/2016

Eric · Married on 01/30/2016

From initial contact through the wedding Harry was great to work with! He understood exactly what we wanted for our wedding ceremony and reception as well as handled our unique request for our first dance which involved a collaboration of different songs starting and ending at precise moments. Our guests also thought the music selection and timing was perfect, keeping people on the dance floor and having a good time. Harry also greatly managed the flow of events throughout the reception with high energy moments (intro's, first dance...) blending appropriately with lower energy moments (dinner) and allowing us to actually eat our meals and then greet our guests and into party mode. His MC work was great as well. He is very interactive with the party and funny. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 02/18/2016

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you soooo much for this! It makes me so happy that you were delighted. That's all I strive for. I wish you the best of luck, health and happiness.

Music volume perfect. Very personable, lovely DJ

Sent on 01/06/2016

Victoria · Married on 12/12/2015

Best Dj we could have asked for. Harry went above and beyond to make our day amazing. He organized the evening and made sure everyone was having a great time! It was an amazing night thanks to Harry!

Sent on 01/04/2016

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for this review!!!

Allison · Married on 10/23/2015

Do not look any further! Harry was the DJ for our wedding in October 2015. From the first meeting, it was evident that Harry is passionate about his work and truly cares about his clients. He is very thorough and met/spoke over the phone with us several times during our planning to ensure everything ran smoothly. He coordinated with our venue (The Riverview), and our other vendors and knew the schedule of our reception better than we did! From the moment dancing started there was never a song with less than 30 people on the dance floor. Harry was a fantastic DJ, as I said before.. Do not look any further!!!

Sent on 11/06/2015

George · Married on 10/17/2015

Harry was awesome. The dj can really make or break your event and Harry not only was thee best DJ ever, he talked me down off the ledge of anxiety a few times. His exact words were "all I want you and Sarah to do is show up and smile" he couldn't have been more right! He deserves a 10 out of 5, highly recommended!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

Everyone loved the photobooth!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Jill · Married on 10/16/2015

Harry was an amazing DJ throughout the entire wedding process. He had the party going all night and was great with the guest interaction.

Sent on 10/30/2015

HG Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so so much for this!!!!

Courtney · event on: 10/10/2015

I am the director of a childcare center and we rented a photo booth from Harry for our Open House. It was a huge success. Harry was very professional, punctual and very friendly. During the event, he stayed with the machine and offered his service of explanation and helped all of the participants have a great time with it. I would highly recommend his company to anyone that wants to work with a fun and professional vendor.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Linda · Married on 09/20/2015

Harry was the DJ for our daughter's wedding. Harry was absolutely wonderful to work with. Our first meeting with him was at a very convenient place for us to meet at. He was so easy to work with and considering the bride lives 4000 miles away with a 4 hour time difference, Harry was very patient with us as not everything got done in a timely matter because of the difference, but he worked with us and guided us through all the things that needed to get selected. Many guests commented how kind a man he was and so professional. If our son who is getting married next week lived in this area we would have hired Harry again in a heart beat.
    Thank you Harry for everything you did to make our daughters wedding the most perfect day!!!

Sent on 10/04/2015