HG Entertainment Reviews

254 | Meriden, CT

254 Reviews for HG Entertainment

Michelle · Married on 10/10/2010

Harry was by far my favorite vender of the night! I don’t know where to even begin! He was a joy to work with and bent over backwards to made sure we had the best night ever! I don’t think there would have been anything he wouldn’t have done with us. He kept the crowd moving and picked ALL the right music. DJs do not get any better then this!! He is so professional and talented! His prices are incredible! He can do anything from lighting to photobooths. HG Entertainment is one-stop shopping at its finest!! Harry is truly in love with what he does and that says a lot!

Sent on 11/28/2010
  • F

S · Married on 10/08/2010

Harry was an amazing vendor to work with. He was so easy to connect to on our first meeting and it was clear he is really passionate about his work from the very first meeting. His newsletters have great information and he is always available for his clients via phone, skype, or email. He had great suggestions to make our event special, but did not try to take over the event. His uplighting looked fantastic and our monogram was beautiful--he worked to match it to our invitations. OUr guests loved the photobooth during the cocktail hour--our only regret is that we didn't have it for longer! Harry did a fantastic job making our reception flow--even with requests from us on the spot and needs of the reception hall. His attention to detail and concern for his couples certainly made our day so much better. We recommend him to anyone who wants someone who goes above and beyond to make their day special.

Sent on 11/05/2010

Lindsey · Married on 08/06/2010

Harry is awesome! Helpful, kind, and generous. He did an excellent job with the event and really balanced our own taste in music with what worked for the guests. We couldn't be happier with his services! The photobooth was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 08/18/2010

Karey · Married on 07/31/2010

Harry was such an awesome DJ!! He was so professional and wanted nothing more then our big day to be exactly what we wanted. He played a great mix of music and really listened to our ideas. I am so glad he was a part of our wedding day.

Sent on 08/25/2010

Jen · Married on 10/17/2009

He kept the dance floor packed and full of fun, if you want a fun night HG is the only option! I was so happy with him and recommend him highly.

Kathleen · Married on 10/09/2009

When we first talked to Harry, we knew that he was going to be the best fit as the DJ for our wedding. He was personable, honest, and willing to go out of his way to make our day special. Harry even created a photo slideshow for us that took him extra hours to complete, but it was so special. On our wedding day, I was so impressed by the other extras he did for us, at no additional cost...uplighting behind our seating at the reception, cake uplighting, and even projecting our names with lighting at the bar area. Our guests were raving about him after the wedding as well, saying how much fun he was and the music he played got everyone out of their seat and dancing. Harry used all of his knowledge, experience, and compassion to make our day unique and memorable, and we couldn't have asked for anything more. We love him!

Sent on 01/21/2010

Jill · Married on 10/03/2009

Harry did a great job at our wedding! He was definately on top of things before the big day, stayed in touch, which is so great especially when you book someone so far in advance, you want to know they are still around and have you on their schedule! He played everything we wnated him to play and then mixed in some good music. He was everything I had hoped my DJ to be....I would highly recommend Harry for any event!

Sent on 01/29/2010

Marlyn · Married on 09/19/2009

I would recomend HG Entertainment 100%... He was GREAT!!! He went above and beyond to make sure the party went on.

Sent on 01/21/2010

Jill · Married on 09/05/2009

Harry was so helpful throughout the entire planning process! Went way above and beyond what I expected from a DJ. He truly wants to make your day as special and memorable as possible. I was so happy with his services and I would highly recommend him!!

Sent on 01/23/2010

Heidi · Married on 08/14/2009

When I was thinking about my wedding a few days ago, Harry was one of my happy memories. I actually thought, "I wish I had someone to recommend him to." I would love to go to another wedding with him as the DJ. He made the whole day so much fun.

Sent on 01/20/2010

Nicole · Married on 06/26/2009

Harry was a pleasure to work with. He is the only DJ working for his company so you actually get him not some random guy from a whole "crew" of DJ's. He has been in the business for a long time and takes pride in his work. He is very organized and sooo friendly. He responded to my emails very quickly and did a great job the night of our wedding. Harry dresses professionally and basically runs the show the night of your wedding so that everything runs smoothly. My friend has just booked him for her wedding next summer. You should absolutely schedule an interview with him, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/07/2009

Penny · Married on 07/26/2008

Harry was awsome as a DJ. We would highly recommend him for any event you are having! He was very flexible with what we wanted at our wedding. We just wanted to have a good time and Harry helped us do just that! Everyone had a great time and danced the night away to a variety of music!!

Sent on 11/18/2008

Roseann · Married on 07/25/2008

Harry was wonderful! He was nice, fun but not wacky, and had a great selection of music. He listened to us and did the event exactly as planned. He was easy to work with. Best of all, he let us and the music shine and emceed without being overpowering. I very highly recommend him.

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2007

Harry was the all time best DJ I have ever experienced! He took the time to get to know us, know our musical tastes, and was really able to read the crowd. I have been to one wedding since then, and could not believe how awful that DJ was. If only they had hired Harry! He is fun, very respectful, and has an amazing library of music!

Sent on 07/25/2008

Gina · Married on 05/27/2006

My husband and I were married on May 27, 2006 at the Pond House in West Hartford. Harry Gambardella was our DJ, and we absolutely loved him. He is professional, wonderful at his trade, and a fun, kind genuine person. Our wedding was one of the happiest days of my life and Harry made a strong contribution to the happiness.

Gina LaRosa

Sent on 02/01/2013

Cindi · Married on 04/25/2003

Harry Gambardella is simply one of the best there is. I recommend him every time to anyone requiring DJ services. He combines professionalism and fun all in one!

Josie · event on: 08/09/2015

HG Entertainment did a great job in helping to make our 50th anniversary party a fantastic success!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Harry was very attentive to all of our needs. He did great Uplighting and required no supervision to do things correctly.

Sent on 07/15/2014
  • Rhiannon

Rhiannon · Married on 10/20/2013

Harry is such a sweetheart. Very responsive, always friendly, and happy to work with weird requests. There were a couple mixups with my Do Not Play list, but it was far from a disaster. He even threw in a bunch of extra lights and decor for me because I helped him with his website. There are a couple more extras, but I'll leave them a surprise and let it suffice to say that he really cares about his customers and it shows.

Sent on 10/26/2013

HG Entertainment's reply:

From the bottom of my heart I apologize for playing Hava Nagilia. Although it was requested by a family member, I should have verified that it was on your do not play list before playing it. Although the song went over well, I should not have played it. You have my deepest apology. Thank you for your honest review. I wish you both the best of luck, health, and happiness. Thank you so much for hiring me.

Leah · Married on 04/17/2009

Harry was an amazing DJ! Even though he was a little more expensive than another DJ I was considering, he sold me by his personality and his mission of creating my perfect wedding. Very helpful in assisting us to choose songs and has a wide selection of music. He even told us prior to our wedding day that he likes to help oversee that things run smoothly and that our parents are having a good time-and tell them to come to him if they notice anything going wrong- and not to go to us so that we can enjoy our day. And he absolutely stuck to his word! It's been almost a year since our wedding and people are STILL talking about it and how much fun they had.

Sent on 01/20/2010

Andrea P · Married on 01/10/2020

Great experience

Vendor was very adaptable to our requests. He was eager to listen and willing to work in our ideas.

Sent on 01/25/2020

Annamaria · event on: 12/06/2016

I had used Harry's laughing pod for my son's graduation party in June, and again now for an office holiday party. It was great and everyone in the office really enjoyed it.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Harry provided us with a fantastic variety of music for all guests to enjoy. He was very flexible in accommodating our unique and challenging venue (on top of a mountain). The photo booth was compact and was a huge hit with our guests. Harry was easy to work and communicate with throughout our planning process. Excellent DJ!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Beth · Married on 11/13/2010

I would recommend Harry to anyone, for any occasion! We could not be happier with our decision to use Harry as our DJ at our wedding -- we have recommended him to several other people who have chosen to use him as well. We each had very different types of weddings, and he was able to "read" each crowd, please the bride and groom and families, and get everyone on their feet! He essentially acted as the wedding planner on our wedding day -- he kept the night moving along, finding us when he needed us and working with the other vendors. I feel like Harry is family and get excited when others choose to use him, because I know it will be a great event! Thank you Harry! -Beth and Tony Pellegrino

Sent on 02/04/2013
  • User4693614 · event on: 12/06/2014

If I had to, I would hire him again. I would recommend him to any other organization.

Sent on 01/13/2015