Hey Mister DJ Reviews

Hey Mister DJ 5
Hey Mister DJ 6
Hey Mister DJ 7

Hara · Married on 10/22/2011

DJ Chris was great. He was the perfect DJ for my event at Shutters on the Beach. He played an awesome collection of songs off of my requested list, he followed the itinerary my planner provided him with perfectly and his energy was great. He was the perfect amount of presence at the wedding too. My husband and I are both really happy with him and the company. We got responses immediately to all emails and questions leading up. Thank you guys so much for helping make the wedding wonderful.
    Best,
    Hara and Jeff

Sent on 10/31/2011

Nick · Married on 09/24/2011

Used Lee for our wedding --- listened to us and played exactly what we wanted. Would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Crystal · Married on 09/17/2011

If you are looking for a Dj who can rock the dance floor, read the crowd, and help coordinate the evening, look no further. Lee Dyson, Hey Mister DJ was fantastic. My husband and I were specific about the type of music we wanted him to play and to not play, and the moment we met him, we had no more concerns. We knew from his vibe that he would be PERFECT for our wedding! Our guests are still talking about how awesome our party was, because the dance floor was packed from the first song to the final notes of the last song. Lee was great to work with from the start. He was professional, understanding and he helped keep us to our timeline, which was really important to us. We highly recommend him!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2011

whitney · Married on 09/10/2011

We loved everything about DJ Lee Dyson. Prior to the event, he was very responsive to emails-responding within 24 hours or sooner. He is every bit a professional and strives to give you the experience you want at your event-which he delivered and THEN some at our wedding. Our guests were all talking about the music selection, the DJ and how fantastic it all was. Truly, I am not exaggerating when I say the dance floor was packed all night-we even extended the party we were having so much fun thanks to Lee!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2011

Hiring Lee was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process. He was so easy to work with and very responsive. He delivered exactly what we wanted, and exactly what he advertised, great music without the "cheese." So many of our wedding guests gave us compliments on the music and raved about how great he was. He had our guests dancing all night, he played all of the right songs - it was like he read my mind. I would highly recommend Hey Mr. DJ to anyone planning a wedding or party. Thank you Lee!

Sent on 09/20/2011
  • Shaby

Shaby · Married on 07/23/2011

When looking for a DJ, the most important thing was finding one with personality, but one who didn't go over the top with announcements and exaggerations. Basically, no CHEESE! From the moment we met Lee, we knew we found the right guy. Not only was he professional, he knew his music. He walked us through his processes and how he gets people to dance.

Needless to say, he delivered! Lee had us dancing the whole night, and seemed to know exactly when to play the right songs! He is definitely worth every penny paid, and definitely one of the highlights of the night. Thank you Lee!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/16/2011

Our wedding was July 16th, 2011 at the Oviatt Building Penthouse and it was amazing for so many reasons. Especially the terrific DJ we hired (Chris Armenta), who was so organized and had our favorite jams! He played every single song I asked him to! He was very responsive through the process of planning the wedding and easy to talk to. I would highly recommend Hey Mister DJ for any type of event! They Rock!
    Sincerely,
    Sarah Slater

Sent on 07/27/2011
  • HOWARD

HOWARD · Married on 07/03/2011

Hey Mister DJ found the perfect DJ for our wedding celebration. They listened carefully to our needs and identified a DJ who delivered just what we needed! Why would you use anyone else!?!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2011

Not only was Lee a great DJ during our wedding, but he invested a lot of time into our event. Our wedding was held at the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles, and he went out of his way several times--whether it was for a vendor meeting or to scope out the scene. He has good taste in music and knows what it takes to get the party started (and to make it last all night). I also appreciated that he kept the ceremony and reception flowing, but wasn't ever intrusive on the mic like other DJs can be. Thanks, Hey Mister DJ!

Sent on 09/16/2011

s · Married on 06/11/2011

Richard DJ'd our wedding in June 2011 and we thought he and Lee did an amazing job. They were very professional, timely and very helpful with us choosing music to best fit our meticulous wedding theme. Richard played an amazing set before our band began playing and really got the party mood started. He also played an elegant music selection during dinner and maintained the high energy later in the night. We were very pleased with our experience and we highly recommend Richard and Lee.

Sent on 07/06/2011

Sandra · Married on 06/11/2011

Lee just did my wedding in June, and I couldn't have been happier with the results. We liked Lee from the beginning. His easy-going style matched with ours, and he knew right away what kind of vibe we wanted at the wedding. He was super responsive and easy to get a hold of, plus we liked being able to pay with credit card via his website. On the actual wedding day, Lee was well-prepared and organized, and did an amazing job with the music. We had a ton of compliments on his work, and my friends are pretty tough critics! We danced the night way, and only left the dance floor after they turned the lights back on. I highly recommend Lee and his services.

Sent on 07/08/2011

Michelle · Married on 06/04/2011

All we can say is that Dj Lee knows his music and has a keen eye for room tone and really made sure that all our guests kept the dance floor hopping. We gave him a list of genres to play during the cocktail hour and reception and everything ran smoothly. Our families complimented on how he played music that all ages could adapt to. He also checked in periodically to let us know what events were coming up during the reception. He's very organized. A week before our wedding day we didn't think about having any lighting package. He recommended a basic lighting package (which he provided) just to give the reception area some ambience and he was totally right! The lights did create more energy. He is awesome to work with and we would recommend him to anyone that wants to hire an awesome DJ, not just for weddings, but for any occasion! --DJ Lee Dyson, you're awesome!! Thank you so much for making our special day a night that everyone will remember!

Sent on 06/12/2011

SHARON · Married on 05/07/2011

We hired DJ Lee for our wedding and could not be more pleased. DJ Lee was professional, responsive, and a great MC as well. He is detail oriented and really listened to what we wanted for our wedding,and provided great suggestions. He did an excellent job at reading the room, and our dance floor was packed all night. We were surprised to see many of our "non dancer" friends on the dance floor! I definitely recommend DJ Lee!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Nichole · Married on 03/26/2011

Before we booked our DJ, we had consulted with a few different vendors. Lee was the only person who responded to e-mails and questions in a timely manner. However, what I most appreciated was how straight forward he was, there were not any hidden costs or "oh I forgot to tell you." Take it or leave it, you had all the information upfront to make the decision to suit your needs and budget. And then the wedding....
    Just as fabulous. He provided all aspects of sound and music for our ceremony & reception. Kept the party moving, but was never pushy or made anyone feel like they "had" to do anything. Great personality, and willing to be flexible depending on the environment. Can't say enough great things about Lee, really great attitude and true professional!!
    Sean & Nichole
    3/26/11

Sent on 04/27/2011

Kelly · Married on 03/19/2011

DJ Lee Dyson was amazing! He followed our worksheet to a tee and was open to any suggestions or recommendations my husband and I had during the wedding itself. He is also a great emcee and keeps the energy going! He has the outstanding skill of feeling out the crowd and playing or changing music types accordingly should the dance floor need a bigger crowd. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/26/2011

Marisa · Married on 02/19/2011

He was great - all of our guests were on the dance floor almost the entire reception!

Sent on 04/01/2011

Kevin · Married on 02/06/2011

This was the second wedding for both of us--and we wanted a very chill and relaxed atmosphere--that would allow everyone to talk, but with an energetic background sound that both soothed and stimulated. Lee, delivered on all counts. And even though we didn't ask this of him--he became a kind of de-facto master of ceremonies, helping us to stay on track with our ceremony and celebration. It was like having a ringmaster and dj all in one. He's a consumate professional.

Sent on 03/14/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2010

Lee was an awesome DJ, he played great music all night and even managed to play some random songs we asked him to include, and they all worked and fit the mood perfectly! I know everyone had a good time and there slogan is right on, no cheese! Thank you Lee!

Sent on 11/08/2010

Holly · Married on 10/09/2010

DJ Brett Walkow was perfect for our Bat Mitzvah. He was fun and personable but not cheesy at all. He kept the party going and really had the kids on the dance floor. He kept to the schedule and even remembered things that I would have forgotten as the busy hostess. He played the perfect music for 13 year olds. He was awesome!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Caryn · Married on 09/25/2010

My husband and I threw ourselves a 40th birthday party and DJ Alan helped set the tone with great mixes of 80s music. He was right on time and organized with a great playlist and did a fantastic job. He made the party terrific!

Sent on 09/27/2010

Lauren · Married on 09/25/2010

DJ Lee, you rock! I truly feel that you made our wedding memorable to both me, my husband as well as all my family and friends. You were by far one of the best aspects of the wedding & we are so glad we hired you :) You knew exactly what kind of musice we were into & made our night "ours"....no cheesy macarena, chicken dance or conga lines! I will for sure be recommending you to anyone I know needing an awesome DJ....thanks so much!

Sent on 10/13/2010
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/20/2010

Lee was wonderful to work with; he is flexible and professional. He accommodated last minute requests and made sure all the transitions went smoothly. These days, many with just an ipod may think they can be a DJ, but it's important to have a professional who can gauge the ambiance and provide appropriate music. Thanks to Lee, we had a successful reception that was elegant and fun!

Sent on 09/29/2010

Melissa · Married on 09/19/2010

Hey Mister DJ was quite possibly our BEST decision in this whole wedding process. Lee was so amazingly awesome to work with. We can't stop receiving compliments on all the music! We were determined to find an amazing DJ who 'got' what kind of music we wanted...and even more determined to find a DJ who didn't come with all that wedding 'cheese'. We found that in Lee of Hey Mister DJ.

Lee understood exactly what we were looking for and took our taste in music and ran with it. He was also so helpful in suggesting tips for our wedding, suggestions and recommendations on other vendors, and never ONCE pressured us into saying 'yes' to his services. We wish we could throw a party every month just to have Lee DJ the party! You just CANNOT be disappointed by Hey Mister DJ...truly one in a million. Thanks for such an amazing wedding!

Sent on 09/22/2010

Denita · Married on 06/06/2010

I must admit that I was not planning on having a DJ for our wedding at first. However, two months prior to my June wedding, I saw a video of a real life wedding where the iPod thing went horribly wrong. So, I had to look and find someone fast. Fortunately, I saw all the great reviews about Lee and his company here on yelp.

When I heard Lee's music samples on his website, I was hooked. I didn't care how much it cost. I wanted him to DJ my wedding. I'm so happy with that choice. Lee went above and beyond for us. He is a true professional.

I am still amazed that Lee was able to get everyone up on the dance-floor, including my dad. I was shocked, in my 33 years I have NEVER EVER seen my dad dance! The music was that great!

He also kept the two small children entertained. It was great. They spent a lot of time trying to catch the red light. They enjoyed chasing it. I will always call on Lee from now on when I need a DJ.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Elvira · Married on 06/05/2010

I have to say when I first started looking for DJ I was very disappointed with the wedding DJs out there. They were either super cocky, super cheesy or not the right fit for us. I contacted my coordinator and she put me in touch with Lee and I couldn't of been happier with the ending result. He listened and worked with our concerns. He is a true DJ that can actually mix songs and can mix anything from Lady Gaga with David Bowie and have everyone on there feet. Lee was an amazing DJ at our wedding and kept the dance party flowing!

Sent on 07/06/2010