Hey Mister DJ Reviews

Hey Mister DJ 5
Hey Mister DJ 6
Hey Mister DJ 7

Katie · Married on 07/28/2013

Lee was great! He listened to everything we wanted and it all came out great! We let him take the lead on some things and it was just perfect! Sound, lights, songs...all fantastic! Could not have picked a better Dj and MC!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Leane · Married on 05/18/2013

My husband and I met with Lee for our initial consultation ad loved him! He is young and hip yet very, very professional. Lee was always accessible for any questions I had and understood the I just wanted everyone to have fun on the wedding day. Our guests didn't stop dancing until the very last song at midnight and enjoyed all of the tunes. Lee really knew how to read the room and I couldn't have asked for a better party! Lee was wonderful!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Jeff · Married on 04/21/2013

Top marks for Hey Mister DJ and Lee! Lee was recommended by both friends and the people working on our wedding and they were right. We didn't want to put a lot of time into detailed playlists, so we gave Lee just a handful of inspiration songs and let him run with it. And he did, the music was on point all night! He worked with a circus troop we used providing background music for their performance. He took a special mix we created for first dance and worked with us to get everyone on the floor for an impromptu flash mob that was a highlight of the night. In short, Lee was amazing to work with and we look forward to the next event he DJs. Jeff & Eric

Sent on 05/28/2013

Carla · Married on 04/20/2013

Hiring Hey Mister DJ was one of THE BEST decisions we made for our wedding day. We cannot recommend DJ Chris enough – he did a great job of taking our song direction list (see list at bottom of review) and creating a playlist that fit the mood and atmosphere perfectly throughout the entire night. My husband and I envisioned our beachside wedding as a romantic, relaxed ceremony/cocktail hour with a kickass reception/party for everyone to enjoy. We hired Hey Mister DJ to provide music for the dinner and reception and DJ Chris truly delivered. For weeks after the wedding we had guests of all ages telling us how great the reception music was – everyone was dancing the entire night (including my grandmothers) due to DJ Chris’ great job of reading the crowd. Out of all of the DJs I have heard/seen at weddings, I honestly think DJ Chris is the best. I would not exaggerate about this – I usually don’t review vendors, but we were so happy with DJ Chris we wanted to provide feedback so others may enjoy the same experience.

On top of everything, DJ Chris went out of his way to meet us in person before the wedding to ensure we were all on the same page. Additionally, Hey Mister DJ is affordable and well worth the money.

Dinner Song Direction List:
    -Billy Joel - “Miami 2017”
    -REO Speedwagon - “Blame it on the Changes”
    -David Bowie - “Time”
    -James Taylor - “Fire and Rain”
    -Stevie Wonder - “Sir Duke”
    -Bruce Springsteen - “I’m on Fire”
    -Steppenwolf - “Magic Carpet Ride”
    -Eddie Money - “Take me Home Tonight”
    -Go West - “We Close Our Eyes”
    -Queen - “Somebody to Love”

Wedding Song Direction List:
    -Earth Wind & Fire - “September”
    -Warren G - “Regulators”
    -Jackson 5 - “Blame it on the Boogie”
    -The 1975 - “Chocolate”
    -Michael Jackson - “PYT”
    -Icona Pop - “I Love It”
    -Calvin Harris & Florence Welch - “Sweet Nothing”
    -Swedish House Mafia - “Don’t You Worry Child”
    -A$AP Rocky - “Wild for the Night”
    -Carly Rae Jepsen - “Call me Maybe”

Sent on 06/07/2013

Amy · Married on 02/24/2013

DJ Lee of "Hey Mister DJ" did such an AMAZING job on our
    wedding day! He by far exceeded our expectations and was very affordable. We had a very unique theme last minute for our wedding. Since our wedding was the same night as the oscars, we incorporated an oscar theme. I feel in love with a movie soundtrack that I wanted to use for the entire processional and was told by our coordinator that it wouldn't work because it was too short, but lee found a way to loop the song and inserted the grand entrance part of the song (that I loved most) for my entrance seamlessly. We also introduced our wedding party oscar style. Everyone was introduced with an award. For example, "and for best actor in a supporting role, best man: Jason....!" And Lee played a movie soundtrack as each person collected their award. Lee was so great at meeting with us to make it all work and even added to it by playing movie soundtracks throughout dinner --GENIUS!! He kept the party going after dinner too, there were always people dancing and everyone kept telling me how it was the best wedding that they had ever been too. I was told before the wedding that I should
    expect at least one thing to go wrong--that could not have been further from the truth. My wedding was beyond perfect!! I was blown away and it truly was the best night of my life.

Sent on 03/06/2013

Chris' knowledge of music spans many different genres.
    He was able to put together a varied play list from ceremony to reception, based on our specific requests, tastes and exclusions.
    His music mixing was superb.
    He kept the crowd engaged, happy and on the dance floor.

Sent on 01/15/2013

Angela · Married on 10/06/2012

DJ Lee is the "DJ without the cheese!!" Very efficient and thorough. I'm very meticulous, he performed perfectly. He delivered everything on point, no hassle, no complaint, and extremely professional. You will not be disappointed. I was hesitant at first to use a DJ and not a band, I'm glad I chose Lee. He made choosing music easy, gave us lots of recommendations and this thoughts and experience, which he has plenty of. The music background is well-versed, he knows a lot of genres out there, huge collection of music. We couldn't find enough songs to complete our time for cocktail and reception hour, he was able to do that for us and change the genre or theme. He's not your normal DJ, he's a professional music master that performs at events. He doesn't miss a beat when it comes to your wedding!!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Tammi · Married on 09/16/2012

Lee Dyson is simply the best! He really set the tone for our entire wedding, and we couldn't be happier. He was professional and really understood what we wanted. Every song he played was perfect.

Our families do not dance at all, but everyone still came up to me and complimented Lee. He just reads the crowd so well. Thank you Lee for being a part of our special day. We really hope that we can work with you again in the future!! :)

Sent on 09/30/2012

Jovanna · Married on 09/08/2012

Hey Mister DJ was absoulty the best move we made in makling our wedding just that much more special. Richard was our DJ and he had everyone dancing from start to finish!! He made our wedding a fun and unforgetable night!! I also got my lighting done with them and it gave my reception the exact feel I was going for, and just added a beautiful touch to everything. I am so thankful to him and Lee for making our wedding a night we will always remember!!

I highly recommend them to anyone looking for great music, service, and quality!!

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • Emery

Emery · Married on 09/08/2012

Lee/Hey Mister DJ was all-pro and kept our reception on track and movin on the dance floor. Our actual wedding planner let us down - Lee stepped in and coordinated the night better than she did, and played great music to boot. Thanks so much Lee for a job well done! We hope to get the opportunity to hire Lee again.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Jenny · Married on 07/14/2012

We hired DJ Richard for our wedding, and he did an amazing job! The night went smoothly and there were always people out on the dance floor. He did a great job making sure that night flowed and that all the music that we requested was played. We could not have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Kristina · Married on 07/01/2012

I have to admit that when looking for a DJ for my wedding, the biggest deciding factor to choosing Hey Mister DJ was their amazing professionalism. From the start, Lee was super helpful and made sure we had any resources necessary for choosing a good DJ. Our wedding venue was excited that we we had chosen them as well and had nothing but additional great things to say. DJ Chris was our DJ for the wedding and from the first meeting was very nice, professional and responsive. He did an amazing job with the music selections. Especially the ceremony. My guests were blown away that there was an instrumental version of Sweet Child of Mine and loved it! It fit in so perfectly. He played a great selection of music all night and had everyone on the dance floor during at least one point in the night. He was also REALLY great at not playing the songs that I didn't want to hear even though he was bugged about it quite a lot by some of my bridesmaids. I would definitely recommend DJ Chris and Lee to anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Jonathan · Married on 06/22/2012

So happy with the service and experience! Had several guests comment on how much they liked the DJ and I imagine it had a lot to do with the mix of music and ability to keep the party going. Very pleased and would absolutely recommend him to others getting married! Fantastic!!!!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Joe · Married on 06/09/2012

DJ Chris of Hey Mister DJ played a huge role in making sure everyone had a fantastic time at our wedding. His musical selections, timing, professionalism, and warm and personable approach to our friends, families, and other vendors made for a wonderful night of good times that completely exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 06/18/2012
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 06/09/2012

We knew we wanted a DJ for our wedding and our number one thing is we did not want anyone 'cheesy' or someone who wouldn't connect well with our guests. We met with Lee about 7 months before the wedding and he was so great, totally understood what we wanted for our music, really listened to us and provided us with great ideas for our ceremony and reception. We communicated throughout those months and in several telephone conferences before the big day. The day of could not have gone better! We provided him with a list of songs that were 'must play' and he hit all of those, and most of our 'try to play' list. We also had both American and Persian music at our wedding and he was so agreeable to helping us with playing both and really read the crowd and knew when to play what. We have had so many people tell us that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to, and the music by far made that happen. We danced all night long! I would HIGHLY recommend Lee for your event with no hesitation. Thanks again for such a great night!!

Sent on 09/12/2012

David · Married on 05/12/2012

Richard was the DJ and MC for my wedding. He also provided lighting for the dance floor. From first contact he was always friendly and very professional. He was great at keeping track of what he was responsible for (e.g. what songs to play, announcements, etc.) as well as providing appropriate suggestions with the reception timeline and flow. Even when I was lagging in providing him the music and info he needed during the planning period, he was very patient and accommodating and never neglectful. Not only that, on the actual reception day we made a number of changes to the timeline and he adapted seamlessly in real time. Any number of things could have gone wrong but he kept the flow of events running beautifully. As an MC he did a great job of maintaining a vibrant atmosphere. Working with Hey Mr. DJ in general was a very good experience and I recommend working with them for your wedding.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Molly · Married on 05/12/2012

I picked Hey Mister DJ after reading reviews online. I'm so glad I hired them! Our DJ was Chris, who was awesome. They are super easy to work with and Chris was just great. We aren't that into music, so he really did all the work for us after we gave him on a few songs for guidance. I absolutely recommend them if you want to have a blast at your wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2012

Wendy · Married on 05/05/2012

Working with Lee from Hey Mister DJ was a wonderful experience. I didn’t think I would dance so much at my wedding. But I enjoyed the music he played so much, my friends and I had a blast on the dance floor! I would recommend him 100%!
    1)He is prompt, efficient, polite, patient, experienced, professional, and friendly.
    2)His prices are reasonable.
    3)He understands what music to play to fit your wedding style.

Sent on 05/13/2012

Alyssa · Married on 04/21/2012

Lee was superb. I would recommend him to anyone with any type of musical tastes/preferences!

Sent on 05/05/2012

Michael · Married on 03/17/2012

Just fantastic. Having a solid DJ who can help set the pace for the wedding is essential & Lee knocked it out of the park.

Sent on 03/29/2012

Nick · Married on 02/19/2012

Lee and Chris were very professional from start to finish. Chris met with us the day before the wedding to run through our dos/donts, playlist, etc., one last time giving us a piece of mind that we did not need to worry about him. The day of we couldn't have asked for a better MC and DJ. Chris came dressed professionally and ran through all ofthe proper cues without rehearsal or promoting. We never had a concern. Dinner music was great, first dance was perfectly timed (as requested) and he kept the dance floor going all night and then some.

Thanks guys!

Sent on 02/28/2012

S · Married on 01/28/2012

Perfect! Lee from Hey Mister DJ is the best!

Sent on 04/30/2012
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 12/31/2011

Lee Dyson at Hey Mister DJ was an absolute pleasure to work with on our New Year's Eve wedding at Cicada.

Before the wedding, he was very accessible for my many questions and he was very timely in his responses - both email and phone. He provided great recommendations on lighting (he even provided video links of other weddings, both at our location and others, so that we could really visualize his recommendations) and music for all parts of the wedding.

Lee also worked well with our day-of coordinator. Our coordinator had put together a timeline for us, but after Lee saw it, he had some suggestions that made the flow of the evening much better.

At the wedding, Lee was awesome. We had given him a general idea of what types of music we wanted, and he knocked it out of the park! We got so many compliments on our music! People even asked for our play list! And we had people up and dancing all night long - just what we wanted! And his MC'ing was perfect. He facilitated the evening, he wasn't the star of it.

Since this was a New Year's Eve wedding, I had a vision of showing the ball drop from Times Square at midnight. Lee had never done anything like this before, but he was willing to work with us. We did most of the legwork (set up a slingbox from our Dish network subscription to run on our laptop, and project on his screen), but he certainly facilated it happening at the right time (can't be 5 minutes late for this!) while we were off on the dance partying with our guests. We didn't want the TV's cheesy count-down audio (not a huge Ryan Seacrest fan), so Lee did the countdown and it was fun, and cheese-free, just like I imagined!

I cannot recommend Lee highly enough!

Sent on 01/15/2012

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2011

Lee of Hey Mister DJ did an awesome job at our wedding! He kept everyone on the dance floor (the entire wedding reception even broke out into a group kick line at one point- I'm talking ALL the guests :-) and he even had incredibly helpful suggestions when it came to lighting, etc. One of the things that I most appreciated was that he called me several days before the wedding and spent quite a bit of time reviewing the timeline with me, clarifying a few points, and answering any questions that I had. When you're a bride, this is HUGE. You want to feel like your vendors have everything covered and we definitely felt incredibly confident with Lee and Hey Mister DJ. We wish we had another huge celebration coming up so that we could hire him all over again. (Until then, we'll just keep recommending him to everyone we know that wants to throw a fabulous party!).

Sent on 01/07/2012

James · Married on 11/05/2011

Lee Dyson (Hey Mister DJ) was awesome. Lee is incredibly professional, talented and accommodating. He had a great understanding of what we were looking for in terms of music and matched it perfectly for the event and our guests. We also liked how he was able to be make the music a big part of the wedding/reception without having the DJ be the focal point.

Lee carries a wide, deep spectrum of music and is able to play to any type of setting or crowd. In addition to the vast library of music he has online on his website, he also capable of getting a hold of the hard to find songs as well.

We are so pleased that we found Lee to be our wedding DJ. We really couldnt have made a better choice.

Sent on 01/16/2012