Hey Mister DJ Reviews

Hey Mister DJ 5
Hey Mister DJ 6
Hey Mister DJ 7

Jordan · Married on 09/03/2016

Everybody raved about how great the party was at my wedding! Lee was terrific! I can't say enough things about him! He is absolutely amazing! I would HIGHLY recommend him! :)

Sent on 09/23/2016

Catherine · Married on 08/14/2016

Just had my 50th birthday, and hired Hey Mister DJ. Our DJ was Mark, and I have to say he was absolutely fabulous!! I didn't have time to get a playlist to him, so when he arrived, he felt out the crowd, and seriously played everything I loved!! He kept the momentum going, and we ended up keeping him until way past his quitting time. If you are looking for someone to make your event memorable, I suggest you hire them!!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Jennifer · Married on 07/09/2016

Our dj helped to make our wedding day exceptional! Months later I still have guests telling me how much fun they had at our wedding. They were so easy to work with and helped to walk me through everything. We highly recommend them! !

Sent on 10/19/2016

Rachael · Married on 06/25/2016

Lee went above and beyond for my wedding this past June!! He was so helpful in putting together all of my song suggestions in a way that flowed with the night. The location of the dance floor at our venue was not the most conducive to dancing, but I credit Lee with reading the room and getting everyone really excited to dance. We danced the night away and could've continued for even longer. I would highly recommend Lee to anyone looking for a professional, kind, thoughtful and genuine DJ!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Cliff · Married on 05/31/2016

Lee or Hey Mr. DJ was one of many DJ's my wife and I were looking at for our wedding. However, after meeting him at his warehouse, we were quite sure he would be able to accommodate what we were looking for. Since our wedding took place in two ballrooms at a hotel, DJ Lee provided the uplighting, custom monogram, speakers and dance floor lighting. His creativity showed and all of our guests said it was a fantastic wedding! He's extremely professional and personable when you meet him,. I had a small list of music prior to the wedding, but Lee took that list and added what he felt the crowd would like based on how the night went. Fantastic for us and made it easier for us too. Lee was able to handle our crowd and made them comfortable through the whole evening. I'm glad our friend recommend DJ Lee and I look forward to recommending him to my family and friends if they ever need a DJ that is without the cheese! Cheers!

Sent on 06/21/2016
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 05/29/2016

Lee was amazing! One of the best decisions we made for our wedding, and I would recommend him again in a heartbeat! He made sure our wedding ran smoothly and that everyone was having a great time. We even extended his services because our guests were enjoying themselves so much! Lee is extremely professional and prompt on email. He values his clients and does his very best to meet their needs. If you want to ensure you and your guests have a great time at your wedding or event, go with Hey Mister DJ. You won't regret it. Thanks Lee!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

We were happy to be a part of your special day. So glad you are pleased!
    :o)

DJ Lee was AMAZING! I had a Sunday afternoon wedding and he had the dance floor full like it was a Saturday night. He really helped to make my wedding unforgettable. He was professional and so kind. He made the room look amazing with his uplighting! Book him you will not regret it!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Allison · Married on 01/09/2016

Lee was the best. I could not have asked for a better DJ! My husband and I love music and love dancing so having an amazing DJ was of extreme importance to us. Lee killed it. He totally got our vibe and taste in music. We got compliments throughout the night (starting during cocktail hour) and still get compliments from our guests months later. Every single one of our guests from my 93 year old grandmothers to my 2 year old niece danced and most of them barely left the dance floor. It was the dance party of a lifetime! He also did lighting for us (something I was hesitant about/not convinced that we needed) and it ended up being amazing. Some uplighting as well as lighting for the dance floor really created an inviting atmosphere without being club-like or cheesy. Lee really knows what he is doing!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

We're so pleased you were happy with everything.
    It was our pleasure to work with you and best wishes to you guys!
    Lee

Did a great job
    People were dancing the whole party
    Made for a fun wedding

Sent on 12/23/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/24/2015

Lee and DJ Chris with Hey Mister DJ were wonderful to work with. I wanted my reception to be a dance party and they ensured this was the case. Leading up to the event, both were responsive and also provided me with several recommendations to consider as this is their expertise. They also worked seamlessly with my photographer to make sure photos were properly lit, etc. Overall, I would work with them again in a heartbeat and would highly recommend this vendor to anyone looking for a DJ for any special event.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Thanks Ashley!
    We love making our clients happy.
    Our best wishes to you both in the new year!

Halie · Married on 10/17/2015

Lee was excellent! He is a fabulous DJ! He did an amazing job of reading the room and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. We had such a great time that we actually decided to extend our reception an extra hour because no one was done dancing yet. He's great with crowds of all shapes and sizes and did a wonderful job of appealing to all tastes in music. He also DJ'd a friend's wedding of mine and was equally wonderful. A bad DJ can ruin a reception, make the smart call and go with Lee! You won't be disappointed. He also has good deals on lighting if you need that. He was half the price of the lighting offered by our venue.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Thanks so much!
    It makes our job easy when you have such an amazing group of friend and family....you guys rock!

Chris from Hey Mister DJ did the music for our ceremony and reception. Lee (the owner) came highly recommended to us from several wedding vendor sources, and we were so happy that we had them do our wedding! Chris was great about listening to what we wanted the vibe to be, and totally nailed it! At the reception, he played awesome music and gauged the crowd correctly so much so that we actually broke the dance floor because there were so many people dancing! This lasted for 4 hours! Chris and Lee were both very professional and responsive, and Chris is a total sweetheart and very respectful when taking requests from guests. All in all, my husband and I thought this was an amazing choice and can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Hey Mister DJ's reply:

Thanks so much for your feedback.
    We appreciate the opportunity to create such a fun party for you and your guests!
    :o)

Shelly · Married on 08/29/2015

DJ Mark came to play music at my 50th Birthday Party and was terrific! All of the arrangements - including payment - was handled on-line and was very easy & convenient. Mark played music from the playlist that I created and also took requests from the 85 guests in attendance. Everyone had such fun - we went an extra hour later into the night and Mark was very accommodating! Great service - I'd use them again for sure :)

Sent on 09/10/2015

Alison · Married on 10/04/2014

Chris with Hey Mr. DJ was great! He was our DJ for our recent October wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ. We gave him an idea of the types of music we liked and wanted to hear and he was spot on. He also did a great job reading our crowd and always seemed to play the perfect song at the right time to keep everyone energized.

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/25/2014

Lee was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He was always responsive, provided his own great ideas and, above all, created exactly the type of party atmosphere we were going for. I have been to a number of weddings before and was always disappointed that by the end of the night the dancing had long died out. Not with Lee. His ability to read and play to a room kept our party going until the final moment and helped me to have the type of wedding I had dreamed of.

Sent on 08/10/2014
  • F

Fred · Married on 06/28/2014

My same-sex husband and I were so pleased that we chose Hey Mister DJ for our wedding on a yacht. Both Lee and Chris were easy to work with and answered all our questions in a timely manner. DJ Chris provided the music and lights for the ceremony and reception. He worked very well with the ceremony singer, whom we decided to use after we had already met with Chris. He also didn't play songs that we asked him not to play (even though guests requested them--Chris totally understood that this was OUR wedding, not our guests'). People stayed on the dance floor throughout the reception! The songs that needed to be cued were done perfectly. Chris came early to set up the equipment and was dressed professionally during the event. He was outgoing and very personable with the guests, as well as, us. I would highly recommend using Hey Mister DJ and specifically, DJ Chris.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Lee was incredibly easy to work with and did a great job at our wedding. He played everything we asked and put together a great playlist. We received lots of compliments on the wedding, from both older and younger guests, including that he managed to play something for everyone. He had a full dance floor all the way until the end of the night.

Sent on 07/20/2014
  • Z

Zareen · Married on 04/05/2014

BLOWN AWAY and expectations exceeded. I am super particular about music and I wanted to create a SPECIAL day for myself (my groom let me run the reception music for the most part! Mostly 80s, yeah! My groom got his beach vibes for the ceremony.) And Chris from Hey Mister DJ handled it with such professionalism. He more than catered to my needs but ALSO, totally felt the vibes of the room and filled the gaps and was just...beyond amazing. Every turn, every corner I took- I was in love with how EVERYTHING he did turned out!!!! The music was VERY important to me and I was blown away by his talent, skill, and ability to read the room. And to also work SO SEAMLESSLY with my wedding timeline.
    The lights, the AV also went off without a hitch too- major thanks to Chris at Hey Mister DJ for helping to coordinate everything. I am telling you- this is the best DJ experience EVER. Would recommend 100 times over and over.

Sent on 04/25/2014

Sara · Married on 02/08/2014

My husband and I are so happy that Lee Dyson was the DJ at our wedding! He was great with communication, from the first time we contacted him many months before the wedding, all the way through the big day. When we talked to him on the phone and in person, he was very friendly and made us feel comfortable right away. To top it all off, he is an awesome DJ! My husband and I both love to dance, as do most of our family and friends, so it was very important to us that our reception be a super fun dance party. It definitely was! The music during dinner created just the mood we wanted, and after dinner the dance floor was immediately packed. It stayed that way until the last song of the night. We also had several specific requests for different moments during the night, and Lee made it all happen with ease, exactly the way we envisioned. He is a total professional. All of our guests kept telling us how much fun they were having, and we felt the same way. We highly recommend Lee and Hey Mr DJ!! Many thanks to Lee for helping us make memories that we will cherish forever!

Sent on 02/21/2014

Jami · Married on 11/10/2013

Lee was absolutely great to work with. My partner and I are a same-sex couple and it was very important to us to find vendors who were supportive of the LGBT communitiy and who understood that our ceremony/reception would be different than other weddings. He was totally supportive, and really helped us to create an unforgetable day. He really knows music and did a great job of helping us shape the reception so everyone had a great time. Many guests remarked at how great the music was. Lee helped us with the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I didn't have to worry about a thing. He was very professional, super easy to work with, and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him to anybody (LGBT or not) looking for a DJ.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2013

Lee at Hey Mr. DJ was so fantastic at our wedding! He's extremely friendly and personable when you meet him, and so helpful with working through your wants and needs for the big day. We worked on a small list of must play/don't play/optional songs and he made sure to take everything we wanted into consideration, and then learned from our tastes to craft the perfect mix for us. He's flexible on your day and can easily roll with any changes or last minute needs, and so many of our guests came up to me to compliment me on the music - coming from a huge family that goes to a ton of weddings and all love to dance (until they practically kick us out) that's a big compliment! Lee was able to handle both the ceremony and receptipn which made things a million times less complicated since we didn't have to coordinate musicions, and we could customize everything to a T. He's is professional and just a really nice guy to put you at ease on your wedding day. Can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Alexandra · Married on 10/11/2013

Lee Dyson was the absolute perfect DJ for our wedding! He followed our very specific music instructions to a T and made sure that the party went well into the night and that everyone had a blast. He was so easy to work with and I highly recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ for their wedding, party, fundraising event etc. He's super professional, very easy going, pays attention to detail and spends the time with you that you need. I highly, highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Violeta · Married on 09/22/2013

Hey Mister DJ is a great company! We had Lee at our wedding on September 22nd at calamigos ranch- he did SUCH a great job! We had a pretty eclectic group of people, my family is from Argentina and my husband's family is from Boston! So you can only imagine how hard it would be to play music that everyone can relate to. He really made it so that everyone at one point had music they felt comfortable dancing to, and at one point even played a song that was huge in Argentina and all my cousins were so excited! I didn't even know the song and it wasn't on my list, this just shows how good he is at reading a crowd. He is also really skilled at last minute changes, during the wedding I told him I didn't want people to join in on our first dance, but last minute I got nervous and did a hand motion and he totally got it, it was so seamless and made me feel so relaxed. I would recommend Hey Mister DJ to anyone planning a wedding or event! It's obvious he knows what he is doing and is a very pleasant and professional person to do business with. Thank you Lee!!

Violeta & Andrew

Sent on 10/16/2013

Adam · Married on 09/08/2013

When looking for a DJ for our intimate wedding we didn't have to search for long once we saw Lee perform at another function we attended. That function was a lot larger than our intimate wedding but he seems to have a unique gift of making every room feel the right size for the occasion.

From the very first point of contact to the follow ups after the wedding he was extremely professional. A lot of our other vendors were hard to track down sometimes or just difficult to deal with but Lee was a pleasure to work with. We had to explain once what we were looking for and he was able to use his experience to interpret our requirements correctly.

The day of the event he showed up as planned and everything went off without a hitch. He had people dancing and kept everything moving smoothly throughout the night. He was able to dig up all of the weird and unusual songs we requested and was a fantastic help for all our worries about our first dance and anything else music wise.

I really could not recommend Hey Mr DJ enough to anyone in the market to hire musical entertainment for any type of event.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Phyllis · Married on 09/07/2013

DJ Lee is absolutely amazing and I recommend to all brides who want to have a GREAT, carefree/stressfree wedding. From the initial consultation to the actual day of the wedding, Lee has been very responsive and professional. He had good recommendations and kept the party going. He also worked with my coordinator and best friend on creating the BEST flashmob/rave ever. Can't say enough good things about Lee...!

Sent on 10/16/2013