Hey Jimmy Reviews

Hey Jimmy 1
Hey Jimmy 2
Hey Jimmy 3

Nicholas · Married on 06/13/2015

Honestly could not have asked for a better performance. These guys brought energy, variety, and talent to the table. Dozens of people have told us how amazed they were by the packed dance floor driven by Hey Jimmy. Price was also great and they delivered all we could have asked for. If you are looking for a great time, energy, and fun, these guys are it. If you don't want these things, you have separate issues.

Sent on 11/25/2015

We had Hey Jimmy for our anniversary party and they were awesome! The crowd loved them. Everyone was on the dance floor all night. Contacting them and arranging them was super easy. This band is made up of extremely nice, polite, fun people and they really know how to keep a party going. Can't say enough good things about them!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/06/2014

Hey Jimmy? They were AMAZING...and were troopers when the bride/groom paid for that extra hour (they went with the flow)...it was great! The MC was super fun, the tech was so helpful, the speaker for the ceremony/mic was perfect...and the raw talent they had was amazing!

Everyone was blown away...just please let everyone in that band know that they made the night and I am recommending you to any future brides to be that I book.

Thank you again for arranging for Lloyd to be there...he was really fun!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Julie · Married on 06/07/2014

Hey Jimmy was phenomenal! They were super easy to contact and correspond with, were extremely thorough with all of the important wedding details, and put on one heck of a show! We had SO many guests rave about how amazing they were! They played a great variety of music and there were people from other weddings crashing ours just to dance!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Can't rave enough about Hey Jimmy. I went with them because they were SO low maintenance and flexible (especially when compared with other wedding band options)... but they blew everyone away with how great they were. Also, I had a last minute request for a song, and even though they said they were done with their show, they played that song (unprepared) and it meant so much to me and my family for personal reasons. Good people, good talent. - a happy groom

Sent on 06/19/2014

Craig · Married on 05/03/2014

This class act filled the dance floor with foot moving tunes that all generations were able to enjoy. From the solo guitarist at our ceremony and trio guitarists during cocktail hour to the full bands outstanding performance that lasted all night, Hey Jimmy kept the energy high and our guest entertained. They truly were your “iPod come to life” kind of band that was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Andrea · Married on 11/29/2013

..."Oh my goodness, I don't know where to begin! 'Hey Jimmy' exceeded all of our expectations!! Surely you could tell how much our group LOVED LOVED LOVED you guys!! We heard sooo many great comments from our guests about 'our band'. Expect many referrals. There were friends of mine there whose husbands NEVER dance. They did Friday night. Another, who has an extremely shy 11 yr old son, watched her son cut loose on the dance floor. Lots & lots of happy people leaving town that night. We can not wait to dance with you all again! We were laughing last night about when our daughters get married, the wedding date will not be chosen by when the church or the reception hall is available. It'll be chosen by when YOU are available!! Also, two of my relatives, who live in LA & work in the movie/music industry were very impressed.Please share this with the rest of the guys."

Sent on 12/02/2013

Hey Jimmy was amazing!!! When we had a question leading up to our wedding night Jimmy and Glenn were always available for us. They made us feel so calm and confident. Hey Jimmy played our first dance song live and it was amazing. I cried. The first note the dance floor was full all night long. The variety they played was amazing. So many people coming back in to the wedding hall thought an Ipod was playing. Hey Jimmy literally sounded like the original artist'. Adam is awesome, Jimmy is a such kind soul and the band is SO entertaining. Hey Jimmy was the smartest decision we made for our wedding night. We would reccomend to anyone to hire Hey Jimmy. They are affordable and were there for us every step of the way.

Miranda and Michael

Sent on 11/12/2013

Gina · Married on 10/05/2013

Hey Jimmy made our wedding exceptional. From the moment they started, the dance floor was packed. Guests, as well as ourselves, we're raving about them all night! I was beyond impressed by their performance during cocktail hour and the reception. We look forward to following them at local bars. Thank you for one hell of a party!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Lindsay · Married on 09/28/2013

AMAZING! I cannot say enough about how great this band was for our wedding- September 28th. They were absolutely worth every penny. They are great musicians who can play all different genres of music and had the dance floor packed the entire night. We paid extra to extend our reception at our venue in order to have the band play longer. Don't upgrade the food or the linens, don't emboss your invitations... book the band.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Adam · Married on 08/24/2013

My wife and I saw Hey Jimmy at a friends wedding and knew that we had to have them at our own reception. Glenn was easy to work with via email and was quick to answer any questions. He also worked closely with our wedding venue to make sure the day went off without a hitch. He sent us an extensive song list, which made it easy to choose which songs we wanted to be played at the wedding. They took care of the introductions for the wedding party as well as handling the job of emcee for the night. The band kept the dance floor packed from the moment they started playing. Hey Jimmy can seamlessly go from a classic Motown hit to the newest pop song on the radio. Our guests continue to rave about how much they enjoyed Hey Jimmy at our wedding. I would highly recommend them for an unforgettable night.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Grace · Married on 07/13/2013

I had never been to a wedding with a live band until I had the chance to see Hey Jimmy perform at a reception this past summer. They were fantastic! My fiancé and I had to be up at 4am the next morning in order to catch an early flight, and we had originally planned to leave the wedding after a dance or two. We ended up staying much later than we had expected because we didn’t want to stop dancing! Hey Jimmy was high energy and really got the crowd going – the dance floor was packed the entire time! I was so impressed by their stage presence and ability to crank out one hit after another, spanning decades of music. I would love the opportunity to see them play live again!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Glenn · Married on 04/28/2013

We want to thank everyone from Hey Jimmy for an absolutely FABULOUS wedding reception at the Intercontinental KC! Not only did the bridal party have a blast, but we have heard from countless guests what a great band/reception we had. Thank you guys for everything you did to make our wedding night special, especially coming to KC to perform. Hey Jimmy truly made our night one for everyone to remember!

Lauren Kanter & Bryan Cohen
    Wedding 4/28/13

Sent on 10/07/2013

Theresa · Married on 03/23/2013

We want to thank you for making the evening so INCREDIBLE! Our guests have not stopped raving about Hey Jimmy since the party started! Tim and I knew that our friends and family came to have a great time and dance the night away but you guys brought so much energy even those we figured would sit most of the evening out didn't leave the dance floor! We've had several people ask about you guys for upcoming events (even some who inquired how far you'd be willing to travel). Many people had to remind themselves throughout the evening that you were a live band and NOT a DJ as you guys were so spot on, the music almost sounded like a recording of the originals!

We're elated that we found you guys and so glad we were wise enough to book you early! Thank you for making our evening that much more special. Kudos, all of Hey Jimmy for bringing a great authentic spirit to your music and tons of talent to the stage!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Theresa · event on 12/08/2012

Hey Jimmy played for my department Holiday party in December of 2012. The band was simply amazing! Before they even played their first song, Jimmy helped out the speakers at the event to make sure they knew how to work the microphone and helped to adjust their notes, podium and lighting so that they were comfortable as they delivered their remarks. I have never seen this kind of customer service in any band before. They kept the dance floor packed all night and they also played a wide variety of songs across all genres and decades. Hey Jimmy knew how to read the room and make transitions from songs. Hey Jimmy engaged with the audience and made people feel good. They even dedicated special songs to leadership in the room and made them feel so special. I would highly recommend this band for your event. The music sounds just like the record and the band are all very nice and kind to work with!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Katie · Married on 09/01/2012

We hired Hey Jimmy to play at our wedding and they were FABULOUS!!!!!! Jimmy also played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and played music we had picked on an ipod for our cocktail hour and during the reception dinner. They are an amazing band and everyone had a blast at our wedding, stayed until the end and danced all night long. The dance floor was packed and you could tell everyone was really enjoying themselves. I hate when I go to weddings and nobody is dancing and everyone leaves early. Hey Jimmy made our wedding the best wedding ever!! We would recommend them to anyone. If you want a great band for your wedding, definitely hire Hey Jimmy. They play all over the chicagoland area at different bars and events so you can check them out before you hire them. Trust me, they are the best!!!

Sent on 09/14/2012

These guys were awesome!!! Glenn made sure everything ran smooth before and during the wedding. Our guests LOVED dancing to the live music!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Jeremy · Married on 07/03/2011

We used Hey Jimmy for the band at our wedding in July 2011. They were awesome and kept our guests dancing all night long. We had many comments about what a great band they were and how much fun the wedding was, we even had guests that didn't want to leave! We paid extra to have an additional female vocalist with the band, and it was worth every penny. Lauren was an awesome addition to the band and did a stellar job. Hey Jimmy was very easy to work with. Since we were planning from out of town, we corresponded mostly by email. The band always replied quickly and we did not have any issues. They learned our first dance song - Breathless by Better than Ezra (they did mess up a few of the words, but I don't think anyone but us noticed). They also played a few of our requests even though they don't technically take requests. Any song not on their playlist they loaded onto their iPod and played during their break. All in all Hey Jimmy made our wedding reception extremely memorable and the huge party that we wanted.

Sent on 08/06/2011
  • Peta

Peta · Married on 03/19/2011

Live music was the splurge my fiance and I agreed on - and Hey Jimmy was worth every extra penny! I wanted to have an any-thing-but-typical wedding, and they delivered. We checked them out by crashing another wedding they were doing nearby (FABULOUS!!) and hitting a show at a local bar. The dance floor was packed, and they covered great music over a 40 year time span. They spend a lot of time with me making sure they played what we wanted and got the feel right. Many guests mentioned how much they enjoyed the party/band, and a few even told me that Jimmy's guitar rendition of "All My Love" as the bridal party walked down the aisle brought them to tears. I honestly felt like I got a steal of a deal with this band-so glad my planner (Simply Perfect by Melissa) helped me find them. Best of all, they play locally so we can go see them again any time. Snatch these guys up while you can!

Sent on 04/05/2011

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2017

Hey Jimmy did an amazing job and we cannot thank them enough. It was such a great feeling to see all of our friends and family crowding the dance floor the whole night, having a blast. MANY people told us that they were the best band that they've seen, and we agree. Hey Jimmy nailed every single song and the song selections were so perfect, especially for our crowd with diverse music tastes. We will never forget that night and are so thankful to Hey Jimmy for playing a part in making it the best night of our lives. You will not regret booking them!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Hey Jimmy 4
    Hey Jimmy 5

Abbey · Married on 06/17/2017

We knew long before we were engaged that we wanted Hey Jimmy to be our wedding band. They did not disappoint! The dance floor was packed the entire night. We received so many compliments on them and are thrilled knowing everyone had such a great time. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. We went with the gold package, which features a horn section. My husband pushed for this and initially I wasn't so sure. Wow, was I wrong! Getting that package was worth every penny. Seriously, book Hey Jimmy. They're the best!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/10/2016

Hey Jimmy played at our wedding last month and was the life of the party! I can honestly say it's the only wedding I've been to where the guests did not stop dancing from the second speech were over until the lights came on. The dance floor was even packed during the bands only break! Most wedding bands take multiple breaks, but Hey Jimmy kept on playing and only took one! We'd recommended these guys to everyone. Also, the lead singer was on the Voice this season!

They also provided an acoustic guitarist for our ceremony, and a jazz trio for cocktail hour. Both of which were equally amazing as the band itself.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Justin · Married on 06/27/2015

They were fantastic. Recommended them to a couple of friends in need of a band

Sent on 11/29/2015

Terrence · Married on 11/15/2014

We could not have asked for more from Hey Jimmy at our recent wedding. They played music that kept everyone engaged throughout the night, to the point that many of our guests had to dance on the carpet surrounding the dance floor because the dance floor was so packed! I cannot tell you the number of wedding guests who emailed me after our wedding seeking their name and contact info. Highly recommended

Sent on 12/22/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/27/2019

We Love Hey Jimmy!

We are so thankful that we chose Hey Jimmy to be the band for our wedding. They kept everyone dancing all night and the lead singer even jumped into the crowd throughout the night which was awesome! Everyone was talking about how amazing our band was. It has been weeks since our wedding and people are still talking about it! Thank you for everything, Hey Jimmy!

Sincerely,