48 Reviews for Hey Jimmy

Cocktail Hour (6)
Liability Insurance (3)
Willing to Travel (3)
Ceremony (1)

I can't say enough great things about Hey Jimmy! The band was responsive to all of our requests for songs for our wedding reception, but they were also able to read the crowd and play songs that kept people on the dance floor all night long. People still talk to me about how much they enjoyed the band at our wedding. Hey Jimmy even went the extra mile to send a very special greeting to one of my students. I knew I wanted to hire Hey Jimmy to play our wedding when I saw them play at a friend's wedding a few years ago, and they truly exceeded my already high expectations.

Profile Picture Jori, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

We worked together for a reception at The Blackstone Hotel and they were so energetic and fun! The dance floor was full all evening and the couple was ecstatic!

Profile Picture Ellie, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We can't give Hey Jimmy a deserving review because of how much we enjoyed and appreciated them at our wedding.

We had our wedding in a tent in Central Illinois and faced thunderstorms and tornado warnings that caused delays and mid reception moves. This could easily have ruined the party but with Hey Jimmy there it was a minor blip in the night. They played whenever they could and thoroughly entertained the whole crowd. About 5 songs into the dancing portion of the night, lightning struck and the power in the tent went out. The whole part ended up moving inside (including the band!). They were willing and able to completely tear down and reset up inside to keep the party going.

It ended up being the best night and wouldn't have been the same without Hey Jimmy. We have constantly been getting asked "What was the name of the band" and hearing how much everyone loved them!

Highly recommend them with the Gold/Brass option (even came through the dinner service and played!)

Profile Picture Howard, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We are so happy we hired Hey Jimmy for our wedding at Bridgeport Art Center! Jimmy and his team got everyone out on the dance floor the entire night! They are so talented and can play such a great variety of music from oldies to today's hits. All of our guests kept commenting on how talented they are and how they created such a fun vibe on the dance floor. We are so happy we hired them and highly recommend them to anyone else!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/17/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Hey Jimmy was awesome for our wedding at the Newberry Library in November 2016. They played the songs we prioritized, they engaged with the dance floor, and they generally made our wedding a fantastic party. Jimmy was easy to work with leading up to our wedding, and everything was seamless that day. We received multiple compliments and several people asked how we found Hey Jimmy – we continue to receive compliments months later! And, the price is far more reasonable than the bigger companies out there enabling us to go with a live band rather than a DJ. In short, don’t hesitate to book Hey Jimmy!

Profile Picture Emily, 11/12/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Many thanks to your awesome awesome band! They were fantastic vocalists and musicians and Lloyd was a fabulous emcee who rolled with the many changes throughout the night and got everything right with a big smile. Please pass on my sincerest thanks to every member and I look forward to another wedding soon!!!

Profile Picture User5642093, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Reception

Hey Jimmy was incredible! Our wedding guests cannot stop talking about "the amazing band" at our wedding. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Thank you for the great memories, and for making our night so much fun! We are so happy that we could have Hey Jimmy at our wedding, and we cannot wait to see them play again sometime!

Profile Picture Alison, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Hey Jimmy was everything we wanted and more! They literally made our wedding day the most amazing dance party ever. They played all of our special requests and even learned a song on the spot that one of our wedding guests requested. It was such a blast! Jimmy was so great to work with, and was a fabulous MC for the evening :)

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I'm a little biased because I've used Hey Jimmy for several of the events I've planned... but that's because they're AWESOME. So I knew I had to hire them for my wedding! Jimmy was so patient during the planning process when we constantly changed our minds about what elements of the band we wanted - we ended up adding on a horn section and two additional female singers - SO worth the money! We also had a lot of requests - do not play songs, must play songs, intro songs, announcements, etc. It was a lot of detail and HJ didn't miss a beat! (Pun intended!) They even let my brother play drums for a song that was meaningful to us! Hands down, the thing that everyone was talking about after the wedding (and is still talking about!) was our band - the dance floor was never empty, and our guests didn't want the night to end! Thanks, HJ for making our wedding so much fun!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

A band at your wedding will set the ton for the whole evening. My husband and I were very particular about the band we wanted for our wedding. The band needed to a Pop/country/rap/ party band that was not just another boring wedding band. We were suggested to go see Hey Jimmy live and we knew they were the band for us! Not only did we get Hey Jimmy but we also got Hey Cowboy at the same time for our wedding! They did an amazing job playing current Pop/ COUNTRY / and the wedding favorites. We are huge country fans so we were so excited they could mix in all the pop country songs we wanted and our guests were too. Everyone was on the dance floor the WHOLE night!!!! including my husband and I. They were exactly what we wanted and easy to work with. Everyone said how amazing the band was. One person even told me that they thought the exact song was playing from a DJ but it was the band because they sounded exactly like them! Another person told me they couldn't wait for the short break of the DJ songs to get over because the band was THAT GOOD! Thank you Hey Jimmy/Hey Cowboy for making our wedding the best nights of our lives and the best wedding ever!

Profile Picture Kimberlee, 9/19/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Hey Jimmy! was excellent at our wedding! They were able to meet all our of needs from a 2-part father daughter dance to any and all requests. I've had multiple guests ask the name of the band cause it was the best they have heard at a wedding! Would highly recommend Hey Jimmy to everyone!
Only thing that was difficult was communication beforehand, I assume becasue they are highly booked, sometimes communication was spotty. But all came together for the big day!

Profile Picture Gina, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hey Jimmy did an outstanding job performing at our wedding. We had first experienced them at two of our friend's weddings and were so impressed. We are still ,after 4months, receiving compliments from our guests. They have told us how much fun they had at our wedding because the band was so good, the dance floor was packed until the very end. The one thing we both wanted was everyone to say how much fun the reception was, and that was accomplished because of Hey Jimmy. They perform all the perfect songs and are able to get everyone out on the dance floor. Every expectation we had was exceeded, made for a perfect evening! I highly recommend hiring Hey Jimmy for your wedding, they are well worth it!

Profile Picture Matthew, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We were fortunate to attend another wedding where Hello Nuvo was playing.... hands down they were the best wedding band we had ever heard. When my husband proposed, the decision on our reception band was an easy one. Hello Nuvo can play absolutely anything and cater to both young and old audiences. Their energy and showmanship really engage the crowd to make for a fantastic evening. I would HIGHLY recommend this band for a wedding or any event that you want your guests to have a blast. In addition to being a great band, Jimmy was very easy to work with and was super flexible with our requests. Lastly, we got married in Detroit and were worried about the cost of bringing in a band from Chicago, but we were pleasantly surprised when we were quoted for the bands travel. This band is top notch and a great value. I cannot say enough good things about them and you are missing out if you do not check them out.

Profile Picture User6572538, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

One word...AMAZING!! People may say that they are the best wedding band but Hey Jimmy is actually the best wedding band! Jimmy is just wonderful, so flexible and accommodating! The lead singers, Laura and Matt are an amazing combo (there was even some Iggy rapping going on). The drummer selected from our song list and kept the dance floor packed all night! The horns and lead/bass guitars were awesome too. Just wow, thank you!

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

All bias aside, we had one of the most fun weddings we had ever been to thanks to Hey Jimmy! We had so many complements on the band and they sounded amazing! I was a little concerned before booking because I warned by the venue (Pazzo’s at 311 – which we also highly recommend) that sound (echo) may be a concern if we have a band or dj play in the atrium area due to the marble and high ceilings. The venue usually recommends having the band/dj in the restaurant area for better sound. I really wanted to have dancing in the atrium area. I expressed my concerns to Jimmy from Hey Jimmy even before formally booking and Jimmy visited the venue. Jimmy discussed where the sound system and speakers would be set up and confirmed there would be no sound issues since they have played in much larger venues like the United Center. I felt at ease after meeting w/Jimmy and we ended up booking them and had them play in the atrium area. They sounded awesome! The talent, song selections and sound quality were great and literally everyone (from my ten-year old niece to my 70 year old aunt) was dancing! Jimmy was so nice and accommodating. He even played special request songs not on their song list for the special dances (mother-son, etc.). We couldn't have been happier with Hey Jimmy! We highly recommend! Book now!

Profile Picture User5629146, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Booking Hey Jimmy was hands-down the BEST decision we made when hiring a band to play at our wedding reception. Our guests continue to rave about how amazing our band was. They had people on their feet immediately following the special dances all the way up to the last song. In fact, one guest stepped on glass midway through the evening and refused to go to the hospital because she was having too much fun dancing.

If you are thinking about booking a band for an event, Hey Jimmy is your band. Jimmy, the manager, is very easy to work with and does everything he can to plan an evening that best meets the personality of your crowd. They are always learning the newest, most popular songs, but still play the oldies everyone loves. The atmosphere they create is truly incredible. We only wish we had another big event to plan so we could hire Hey Jimmy again.

To our wonderful band-THANK YOU for helping us to create an unforgettable night. We hope to see you play again someday.

-Sarah and Tyler

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hey jimmy really knows how to keep a crowd hopping all night. Our guests were begging the venue to allow them to keep playing past bar close. Their unbelievable charisma and professionalism were apparent throughout the process; from planning to performing, they have it all! Thanks guys! We'll always recommend you to friends and family...

Profile Picture Chase, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Hey Jimmy was the perfect choice for our wedding band! They had spot-on song selection for our crowd, with exceptional sound quality and vocal talent. The female vocalist killed it with every song!! They were able to keep the dance floor packed all night, playing one incredible song after another - no gimmicks needed! We had family and friends visiting from across the country, and all of our guests couldn't stop talking about what a amazing band we had! We would easily choose Hey Jimmy if we had to do it all over again. Thanks for making our wedding a true celebration!

Profile Picture Audrey, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Honestly could not have asked for a better performance. These guys brought energy, variety, and talent to the table. Dozens of people have told us how amazed they were by the packed dance floor driven by Hey Jimmy. Price was also great and they delivered all we could have asked for. If you are looking for a great time, energy, and fun, these guys are it. If you don't want these things, you have separate issues.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had Hey Jimmy for our anniversary party and they were awesome! The crowd loved them. Everyone was on the dance floor all night. Contacting them and arranging them was super easy. This band is made up of extremely nice, polite, fun people and they really know how to keep a party going. Can't say enough good things about them!

Profile Picture User4517940, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Hey Jimmy? They were AMAZING...and were troopers when the bride/groom paid for that extra hour (they went with the flow)...it was great! The MC was super fun, the tech was so helpful, the speaker for the ceremony/mic was perfect...and the raw talent they had was amazing!

Everyone was blown away...just please let everyone in that band know that they made the night and I am recommending you to any future brides to be that I book.

Thank you again for arranging for Lloyd to be there...he was really fun!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hey Jimmy was phenomenal! They were super easy to contact and correspond with, were extremely thorough with all of the important wedding details, and put on one heck of a show! We had SO many guests rave about how amazing they were! They played a great variety of music and there were people from other weddings crashing ours just to dance!

Profile Picture Julie, 6/7/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

Can't rave enough about Hey Jimmy. I went with them because they were SO low maintenance and flexible (especially when compared with other wedding band options)... but they blew everyone away with how great they were. Also, I had a last minute request for a song, and even though they said they were done with their show, they played that song (unprepared) and it meant so much to me and my family for personal reasons. Good people, good talent. - a happy groom

Profile Picture User4186795, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

This class act filled the dance floor with foot moving tunes that all generations were able to enjoy. From the solo guitarist at our ceremony and trio guitarists during cocktail hour to the full bands outstanding performance that lasted all night, Hey Jimmy kept the energy high and our guest entertained. They truly were your “iPod come to life” kind of band that was a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Craig, 5/3/14, 5 Reviews