Hey DJ™ Reviews

Hey DJ™ 2
Hey DJ™ 3
Hey DJ™ 4

Hannah · Married on 12/31/2018

This review is a little unorthodox as Bobby wasn't my wedding DJ. I attended a wedding he worked and knew I had to have him as my wedding DJ. Unfortunately, he was booked. What blew me away was that he took the time to help me learn what things to look for when scrolling through lists on lists of potential DJs. He even reached out a couple weeks after our initial conversation and provided me with a DJ he had researched and thought would fit my needs and was willing to make the connection for me. If Bobby was this helpful, professional, and friendly to someone who isn't even one of his brides, I can't begin to imagine the outstanding service you would receive working with Bobby! I follow him on instagram and he lights up the party every weekend! You can't go wrong with Hey DJ!

Sent on 04/05/2018

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Hey Hannah, it was my pleasure to help you out. I really try and do this for everybody I come in contact with, especially those who have attended a wedding I have DJ'd previously. Please let me know if I can assist you any further in your search for a wedding DJ.
  • Courtnay

Courtnay Sanders · Married on 11/24/2018

Wedding renewal (November 24th) 2018

I will say in the beginning I was nervous, but I am so glad I went with Bobby. I love his energy he brings to the occasion. He is very professional and will provide whatever you ask to his best ability. I definitely will pass him to others and say the cost was worth it. Especially if you want to have a great time.

• Jen

Jen · Married on 11/02/2018

Kept the party going.

Bobby is the best DJ. He had our venue rocking and everyone had such an amazing time. Our guests have been raving about our reception to us and online because it was such a fun time.

• Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/21/2018

Kept the Party Going!

Hey DJ was awesome to work with! Bobby was the first vendor we hired after we got engaged, so we had plenty of time before the wedding. Bobby told us how to access our account with his service online and then kept his distance while we planned all the other details of the wedding (he was there to answer questions but wasn't pushy). A few weeks before the wedding he scheduled a call with us to make sure we had all of our details straight (song lists, entrances, first dances, etc) and answered any last minute questions we had. The day of the wedding he showed up early, set up quickly and got to know the wedding party. He even made some last minute changes on entrance songs as requested by the bridesmaids. Bobby even expertly got our rowdy and excited wedding party to calm down and get in line for entrances. For the dancing party of the evening we had come up with a playlist for our wedding that was a bit different than he might have been used to but he trusted us and the wedding came out perfectly! The most common compliment about our wedding was how much fun everyone had dancing the night away.

Without our knowledge, my parents worked with DJ Bobby to put on a "snowball" fight with plush snowballs during the dancing part of the night. It was a HUGE hit and everyone had a ton of fun throwing soft snowballs at each other. Bobby was all about keeping the partying going and keeping everyone happy. The dances, speeches, entrances, and dance party flowed smoothly and seamlessly and Bobby is truly the reason for it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for an extremely fun and memorable wedding! Go with Hey DJ - you won't regret it!

Katherine · Married on 07/28/2018

Once our search for Photographers & DJ’s began, we first looked to our Venue’s recommendation list but with hesitancy, as many would be just booking with a venue. We booked an appt with Bobby and Kelly and kept an open mind. Our meeting when great and even though I promised myself to never give into ‘the extra wedding decor’, Bobby was able to sell us on ‘up-lighting,’ which seemed quite ridiculous to the both of us. The price of Bobby’s up-lighting was nowhere near what some decor companies charge you for just using their up-lighting. Our venue looked amazing and had a great feel when our guests walked it. We told Bobby our colors and let the man do his work and man did he do his work! Bobby welcomed us to our reception and made sure we had everything said straight before the introductions. Everything went smooth sailing after that slow dances and music kept our guests moving ALL NIGHT. Our guests continued to party and dance long after the newweds left and continue to dance while the staff began cleaning the venue. We only needed to meet with Bobby one time the week before the wedding and his website is easy to use. if you put your trust into Bobby you won’t be disappointed. He’s a great guy and we were grateful to have him as our DJ. You won’t regret it.
    ~The Hutchinson’s

Mitra · Married on 07/21/2018

DJ Bobby made our wedding so fun! The dance floor was never empty and the lights looked great as well!

Krissy · Married on 05/07/2018

I wanted to thank you so much for everything for our wedding! From the ceremony music to the reception everything was great. Everyone told us what a awesome DJ we had and that they had so much fun dancing. Many people even told us that was the most fun at a wedding they ever had! You were awesome to work with through emails and video chat, and even when we made a few changes right before the reception you were so easy going with all that! Again thank you so much!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Krissy thank you so much for the fantastic review. You all were amazing to work for and I am so glad to have been a part of your big day! I wish you many years of happiness!

Somer · Married on 04/28/2018

You MUST hire Bobby! He is so entertaining and energetic! He had everything we needed for our outside ceremony and also had awesome lighting for our reception. He made our wedding an absolute BLAST!! We had a lot of family and family friends that attended our wedding so I was a little nervous that nobody would be dancing BUT Bobby had EVERYONE on the dance floor. The music he played was perfect for us but also those who want to hear some older music. When Bobby announced that he was playing the final dance song, there was one song that me and my bridesmaids wanted to dance to. Instead of playing the original last dance song he was already playing, after that song was finished he then played a second last dance song so we were able to dance to it at the end of the night!! Just an amazing experience overall working with Bobby. You will not be disappointed, he is amazing!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Hey Somer, thank you so much for the AWESOME review. I am watching my wife finish up the photo album for you and your pictures look so awesome. I am so happy for the both of you. I wish you many years of happiness!

Annie · Married on 04/14/2018

After our wedding, we had nearly every guest comment on how much they loved the music and energy from the DJ. Bobby was not only a great DJ who kept the party going all night, but also an excellent master of ceremonies, keeping us on schedule and organized. Throughout the process, he was always available for a call and responds to emails virtually immediately. I cannot recommend him more strongly. Planning a wedding out of state, I had a lot on my plate to think about, but I knew everything under Bobby's umbrella was taken care of. He executed our ceremony music, mic'd the officiant and groom, played beautiful cocktail music, and of course nailed the reception. I'd give 10/5 stars if I could! —Annie Burton

Sent on 04/27/2018
    Hey DJ™ 5

Hey DJ™'s reply:

AWESOME! That is the only word I could think of. Your wedding was AWESOME!
    Thanks so much for allowing me to DJ it!

Johnnie · Married on 04/06/2018

Bobby was awesome to work with! After reading other reviews, I contacted Bobby. He was very responsive and answered any/all questions I had. Throughout the entire planning process Bobby was responsive and flexible to the adjustment we made. He even showed up to the wedding venue early since he had never been there before. On our wedding day, my friends and family had a blast dancing! My husband and I highly recommend Bobby!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Hey DJ™'s reply:

I wish I knew who this was, but your identity is anonymous as is your date. But I'm sure your wedding was super fun according to the review. Thanks so much for having me DJ your wedding Anonymous!

Craig · Married on 03/31/2018

There is no greater DJ in the area! Bobby is by far the best DJ I've ever experienced and I'm so thankful that we decided to book with him. The party was non-stop. I don't remember a single moment at our reception that the dance floor wasn't full. Bobby brings out the best in people, is incredibly easy to work with, responsive, and isn't just there to provide music - he's PART of the party. Thank you, Bobby! Our wedding and reception would not have been the same if it weren't for you!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Dude the ceremony cocktail hour and reception were all the bomb.! From the moment you guys booked me I knew that this party was going to go off! I am so happy I was your DJ. The only bummer was that it had to end. I wish you many years of happiness!
  • Reegan

Reegan · Married on 12/30/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Bobby!!! He was so awesome to work with for our big day and kept everyone on the dancefloor. He provided the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and exit, basically everything! He listened to all of our requests and the online planning portal made song requests such a breeze for us. Everyone knows a DJ can make or break a wedding and I am so thankful we used Hey DJ because he made this day absolutely perfect!! I still have guests complimenting me on how much fun the party was and how the music was the best! I would recommend Bobby to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 01/21/2018
    Hey DJ™ 6
    Hey DJ™ 7
    Hey DJ™ 8

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Reegan, your wedding was dope! Thank you for having me as your DJ. I wish you many years of happiness in your marriage

Sarah · Married on 12/09/2017

Bobby was absolutely fantastic to work with! My wedding planner recommended him and I am so glad that she did. Ever since I met with him for the first time, he was so professional while also being kind and lighthearted. He is very responsive both through email and text/phone and shows up to his event even before he is supposed to be there. We even had a problem where we needed some up-lighting for the ceremony room and Bobby came to the rescue. He is really great at reading the crowd and knowing which songs to play to keep people on the dance floor the whole night. If you are looking for an amazing DJ for a good price, Hey DJ is the way to go.

Sent on 01/20/2018

Hey DJ™'s reply:

What can I say? A beautiful wedding, a beautiful venue, and a stunning bride. It was a fun night and I was super happy to be there. I wish you many many years of happiness in your marriage

Jennifer · Married on 12/02/2017

Bobby was such an amazing wedding DJ to work with! We had a Star Wars themed wedding and I knew from the first phone call that Bobby would be the perfect fit for our unique celebration. He paid attention to every detail I threw at him and he was VERY quick to respond when I had questions (even at later times of the night, haha). He called me a few days before the wedding so that we could go over the song choices and the itinerary. I loved how detailed he was and how he was involved with every step. I had some pretty unique song choices in there and Bobby made sure he found every single one of them! I even asked him, a month or 2 before the wedding, if he'd be able to come to Richmond for the rehearsal. He gladly accepted and it was no hassle to add it to our contract! On the day of the rehearsal, Bobby kept things running smoothly and was so nice and funny to everyone that he met. On my actual wedding day, Bobby was very diligent at staying on schedule and keeping my guests PARTYING all night long. I have heard from so many of my guests at how the dance floor did not stop, ALL NIGHT! So many people kept coming up to me, telling me that this is the most fun they've ever had at a wedding before and I truly believe Bobby had a lot to do with that. He has been an absolute pleasure to work with and I will undoubtedly recommend him to anyone else looking to hire a fun and fantastic wedding DJ. Thank you so much to Bobby for making my Star Wars wedding a truly unforgettable night!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Your Star Wars themed wedding was super awesome. I was really happy that I was there. Thanks again for allowing me to DJ your wedding. I wish you the best of luck in your marriage and many many years of happiness

Kharis · Married on 11/03/2017

DJ Bobby was amazing. Very attentive to my husband and I while still keeping the party going. We had a blast on the dance floor. Hey DJ brought the party people out in everyone! So thankful for his patience, expertise, and fun loving personality.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Thank you so much Kharis! Your wedding was super fun! I wish you the best of luck and many many years of happiness

Dorothy · Married on 10/27/2017

Our dance floor was packed the whole night. This was partly because we had a solid crew that likes dance parties but also because the music kept people on the floor. For that reason, I'm giving 5 stars. Also, our wedding went until 1:30AM!!! It would've kept going but we let Bobby go because we were SO tired from all of the dancing. We appreciate that he was willing to stay as long as we needed!

Bobby is VERY responsive and flexible. Always answering questions and willing to set up some time to chat. That was much appreciated throughout the planning process.

In terms of communication, some things did bother me. We had a pretty specific timeline and song requests that had to be sent to Bobby a couple times. I appreciated our chats but sometimes it felt like I was explaining and re-explaining order of events, music, etc. The end of our first dance was supposed to lead into two other songs - he started playing the wrong song right after but was able to quickly correct it after my husband let him know. While the dance floor was packed, it felt like a lot of our music wasn't really played until closer to the end. This is partly our fault as I should have been more specific on what I didn't want played.

All in all Bobby is really easy to work with. We had a blast at our wedding and appreciate his time and effort!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Your dance floor was packed the whole night! Your music choices were awesome and I had fun mixing them together. Thank you so much for having me at your wedding!
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/21/2017

Hey DJ Bobby was more than we could have ever imagined for a DJ at our wedding. He didn't just play music, he created the party. From conversations before the wedding began, to the rehearsal, to the actual big day, he helped keep everything so organized. At the end of the day, Bobby just new how to have fun. He new exactly what music to play and when to play it. Would recommend him ALL DAY, EVERYDAY!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Britney your party was so awesome. I was so happy to be a part of your day. It was great to watch Everybody Dance All Night Long. Thank you so much for allowing me to be your DJ.

Jenna · Married on 10/14/2017

From the early stages of wedding planning, we knew we wanted a fun DJ, not just an average DJ. It was important to us that our guest have good music to dance to! Bobby is an AWESOME DJ and he did not disappoint!!! I am so happy that we chose him to DJ our wedding in the Outer Banks! Hiring him as our DJ was by far one of the best things about our wedding day! DJ Bobby is a crowd pleaser, he interacts with your guest, gets everyone pumped and on the dance floor. He works with you through the entire planning process and is super helpful! He really does take pride in what he does and goes above and beyond! We received nothing but compliments from our guest about how great our DJ was! So If you are looking for a DJ that gets the party going, this is your guy!
    Thank You, DJ Bobby, Seriously you ROCK!
    Jenna & Kelly

Kristina · Married on 09/30/2017

DJ Bobby was awesome! My husband and I wanted a "party" atmosphere for our reception and we wanted every one to let loose & have fun. With that, we only had one request from Bobby & that was to keep the party dancing. He fulfilled that request 100%. I still have friends and family approaching me about how my wedding night was one of the best days of their lives. I honestly think it was because Bobby was able to keep the atmosphere so fun!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

This wedding was fuh-uh-un! I'm was so thrilled to be your DJ! Thank you so much for the awesome review! I wish you and Taylor many years of happiness!

Steve · Married on 08/12/2017

Emily and I met Bobby at his house and was there from the beginning answering our questions and making us feel comfortable. We could tell, from the passion in his voice that he truly loves what he does for a living and it was at that moment we knew he was the DJ we wanted at our wedding. He also continues to invest in his equipment making sure the entertainment he is providing is state of the art. Bobby made our wedding a night to remember forever, from emceeing to getting the butts on the dance floor he had the right personality to keep the party going the whole night. Emily and I are forever grateful, thank you so much!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Thank you Steve and Emily for the Fantastic review! And also thank you very much for having me as your DJ. Steve you and your crew really know how to crush the Dance Floor! Thanks for making it such a blast

Laura · Married on 07/15/2017

Great DJ! Ladies--LOOK NO FURTHER!! THIS is the ONE! We have received so many compliments on Bobby. We are attending five weddings in the next two years and several have already asked for his number. Bobby is professional, experienced, and gets your crowd dancing. I let him have total control over the music and he felt the crowd out and made the perfect selections! Thanks for the fun, Bobby!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Hey you two, thank YOU for the fun. It ain't fun if you're not there! And thank you for having me.

-Hey DJ Bobby

Chelsie · Married on 07/08/2017

DJ Bobby, was the one and only DJ that my husband spoke with on our search for the perfect DJ for our wedding. We were immediately impressed with his experience, Bobby’s professionalism, and sense of humor and we never sought anyone else. Simply put, we could NOT have found anyone better for the job! Bobby respected all of our wishes for requests and was flexible in the moment, always with a reassuring attitude that our few last minute tweaks would go perfectly. He worked with our other vendors seamlessly throughout the day. My mom even remarked the minute that he stepped out of his rockin’ DJ van that she just knew it was going to be an amazing time just by speaking with him and watching him work to prepare for the evening (she was 100% accurate). We got married two months ago, and our guests STILL talk about how exceptional DJ Bobby was and we most certainly agree! The dance floor was never close to empty and the father of the bride even busted a move or two (something that hadn’t been witnessed by this bride in 26 years!). We could not speak highly enough about Hey DJ Bobby’s services—you need him as your DJ!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

What an absolutely awesome review! It is very humbling to read a review like this and I was very glad to be a part of your day. You had such a fun krowd that I absolutely loved being there! Thank you so much for having me.

Alycia · Married on 06/03/2017

BRIDES, HIRE THIS DJ! If you are planning your wedding and feeling overwhelmed about the music vendor options, stop searching and hire DJ Bobby! I couldn't be more pleased with my choice to go with DJ Bobby for my Williamsburg wedding. He was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process and made sure everything I envisioned for my big day came true. From the music selections, to the timing of everything, he was on it all night. He had EVERY one of my guests on the dance floor the entire night and no one wanted it to end! So many guests came up to me after the wedding complimenting how much fun they had and how great the DJ was. He truly made my reception everything I wanted it to be and more and I will forever cherish the amazing memories of that day & night! Thank you for everything Bobby!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Alycia, I can't say enough about how awesome your wedding reception was. Guests like yours make my job that much easier. You both are a beautiful couple and I wish you many years of happiness!

Ashly · Married on 05/28/2017

DJ Bobby was amazing! He was the best decision we made for our wedding. He was available to meet with us multiple times. He always answered our texts and phone calls right away. He's more than just a dj. From day one, he helped us plan everything. He even created our timeline for us, which worked out perfectly. He helped us run things the day of and made sure everything ran smoothly so we could enjoy ourselves. He created our first dance songs for us. He chose songs for the reception that everyone loved and really read our crowd well. Everyone had a blast; we could hardly keep the dance floor clear. You need to hire this guy for all your events! You will not be disappointed.
    -Ashly and Chris

Sent on 05/30/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

Wow thank you so much for the Fantastic review! Despite the rain, which I hear is good luck on your wedding day, I thought everything went very well. It was nice to have people on the Dance Floor the entire night and the animated gif I made of you all doing the YMCA was absolutely spectacular. I wish you 2 the best of luck and many many years of much happiness and love. You have a fantastic family and I was glad and honored to be a part of your wedding day.

-Hey DJ Bobby

Mackenzie · Married on 05/21/2017

DJ Bobby was so much fun to have at our wedding! We chose him after he was the DJ at two other friends' weddings in the past couple of years and he did not disappoint. The planning process was very thorough and straightforward. He was easy to get in touch with and always super responsive to our questions - I really felt like he was interested in knowing exactly how we wanted our reception to go. He gave great advice about the timeline to ensure that things went as smoothly as possible. And most importantly, we had a blast! All of our guests loved the music and feel of our reception and we are so grateful to Bobby for everything!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Hey DJ™'s reply:

I love DJing for the same group of friends. Your wedding was awesome and it was really cool to see all the other couples there I have DJ'd for. Thanks so much for having me at your wedding. I wish you many years of a happy life and marriage!