Heritage Hills Golf Resort Reviews

Heritage Hills Golf Resort 5
  • Abby

Abby Fishel · Getting married on 05/06/2020

Seamless Day

Our experience at Heritage for our wedding was seamless. Working with Derek and his team I knew they would take care of whatever needed to be taken care of. Highly recommend them to couples wanting to plan their wedding for this special venue

Sent on 05/19/2019

R · Married on 09/08/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner here the night before the wedding. We also used the hotel for guests and blocked rooms. And went to brunch the next day. Derek Brown was very patient working through all of our decisions through the planning process. He's very busy and email was the best way to reach him. The food for the rehearsal dinner was amazing. The set up was beautiful! Our hotel room was fantastic and very clean. Overall great addition to our wedding day.

Sent on 09/17/2018

We worked with Casey for booking our day and she was absolutely amazing!! She was so professional, knowledgeable, helpful, and caring. She was quick to respond to emails & find out answers for us in a timely manner. The day of, we had Jackie and she was amazing as well! She followed us on the grounds to make sure we had all the best picture opportunities we could have asked for! When we got the the reception, it was setup better than we could have imagined...it was beautiful! Casey and Jackie both did a lot of work behind the scenes that we never knew about, but made our day truly magical! If you're looking for top notch service-look no further! Our only critique is that the hotel staff was not as friendly to our guests as their wonderful wedding planning staff members! The chef delivered our meals and many of the servers wished us the best! --Ashley & Andy

Sent on 01/14/2017

The staff was amazing throughout the entire planning process. They were so quick to respond to my emails and never made me feel like any idea or question was stupid. They made it seem like making our day special was a big priority. I was so worried about everything coming together on the actual day but they exceeded my expectations! They were willing to do all or our decorations and not only set up but tore everything down and boxed it all up as it was when we dropped it all off! All of our guests commented about how nice the staff, venue and how good the food was. The best part was having few to no worries that day and my groom and I got to just enjoy everything! We didn't get to eat or drink much at the reception because we were so worried about spending time with everyone. However when we got back to our room that night, there was champagne, cupcakes and 2 dinners waiting for us and a table set for 2. The bed was decorated and romantic music was playing. It was just what we needed after a long but amazing day! Our experience really was more than we could have asked for! Casey and Jackie were amazing!

Sent on 10/09/2014

From day one, I was impressed with the staff and venue at Heritage Hills. Our wedding and reception both turned out perfect. We the facilities for our rehearsal dinner, the Masters Suite, Garden Ceremony Site and Terrace Ballroom. I continue to receive compliments from the guest regarding the venue and the amazing food. I cannot begin to express my gratitude towards Tracy! Amazing to work with and professional. Unfortunately, my husband was unable to golf the day of due to outings at both sites. Given the size of weddings held here, I would hope that there would be a way to ensure that a few tee times are always placed a side for grooms. But we were offered rounds of golf at another time and the staff did try to make it work for us! My only point of criticism would be that we did not meet our day of coordinator until the day before. I wish I would have been able to develop more of a rapport with her, similar to that with Tracy and some of my bridal party did have concerns with the "day of team's" professionalism. But all in all, our wedding was perfect and much due to the assistance of those at Heritage Hills! Future Brides and Grooms should not hesitate to book with Heritage Hills!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Bri · Married on 01/01/2009

We got married on April 5, 2014 and had both our ceremony and reception in the Windows Ballroom. I was worried about how the room would be flipped but they made the transition seamlessly. As the bride I honestly had no idea (even timewise) what was happening throughout the day because they took care of everything and made sure we were on schedule. Jackie was on top of everything and accommodated any requests we had, such as family members helping to decorate. I had a complicated bustle that my mom and MOH could not figure out - if Jackie hadn't been there to save the day I would not have had a bustled dress! We also had great service at the reception and the attention to detail was incredible. They were on top of filling the drinks at the head table and made sure we had anything else we needed. At the end of the night, they took care of everything, including delivering our flowers and gifts to the room. I'm so glad we chose Heritage Hills for our wedding day and have recommended them to any of my newly engaged friends.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Heritage Hills Golf Resort's reply:

Thank you Brianna! It was all our pleasure! We wish you both lots of love & happiness!!

3.5

We had our September 13, 2014 wedding and rehearsal dinner at Heritage Hills and were very impressed! Originally our rehearsal dinner was booked for Maewyns but when they closed down a month before our wedding, the staff at Heritage did all they could to help us rearrange our details. Tracy was wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. She was always an email away to answer any questions that we or our family may have had. The day of the wedding, Heritage made the terrace ballroom look incredible. We had family from Long Island and Central PA and Heritage seemed to have a great balance for both families. We did wish the day of coordinator was more visible than we saw. We were told that guests would be easily guided to and from cocktail hour. There seemed to be some confusion with guests on where they belonged. We also had to replenish our favor table and we were told that would be done. These were all small hiccups that wouldn't have been noticed by any guest. We even had the one worker drive a family member and their children back to their hotel because our shuttle service wasn't set to start yet. Overall, we had a wonderful experience and were very pleased with Heritage. We would recommend this venue to any couple.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Colleen · Married on 05/05/2018

This venue was a Beautiful Venue. The Event Planner was great. The food was good. The only issue I had and it was a big one for me was that they released my guest rooms ahead of the scheduled date and they could have cared less to make it right. They didn't even let me know, I found out from a cousin who couldn't get a room. They even had a credit card holding the block. That didn't matter. So a contract does not make a difference to them. I needed to have my wedding at a hotel due to almost al of my guest coming from out of town or state and wanted us all to be together. So even if you have a contract they don't honor it so I would not recommend them unless you don't care if you have your block of rooms available to you or not or a contract doesn't mesmerized anything to you.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Meg · Married on 09/25/2015

Kasey was our event planner and was extremely helpful and friendly, regardless of the fact that we were are small wedding. The ceremony was gorgeous, the accommodations were excellent. My only qualm was that a large golf outing was scheduled for the same weekend so our day of coordinator kind of abandoned us after pictures, so our reception was a bit haphazard, with no one steering the ship, so to speak.

Sent on 10/23/2015

kasey · Married on 07/26/2014

The location is great. Located a mile off of I-83 and within 3 miles of Market street shops and Target; for last minute needs. Be warned that most communication will be handled through email.

The garden ceremony site is beautiful! There was shade for my 96 year grandmother and they offered to use golf carts to take here and some other elderly guests to and from the site. They have several outside scenes that create beautiful pictures.

My wedding coordinator Jackie was the best! She made our day what it was. She handled everything that I needed. My nail chipped before the wedding and she took me to the Salon and had everything taken care of. She personal set up everything and I mean ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING for the day. She set up every single item on the tables at the reception to ensure that it was exactly has we had discussed. Jackie was the BEST part of my experience at Heritage Hills. I strongly suggest requesting Jackie as your wedding coordinator.

My mother-in-law broke her legs 2 weeks before the wedding. When we contacted Tracy and her assistants (her assistants or voice mail is normally who I conversed with), they were accommodating with needed changes to the location of rehearsal dinner and placement of tables. Tracy was also accommodating when we needed to change/reserve different rooms than originally discussed and still giving us the discounted rate.

I would recommend Heritage Hills for your ceremony and/or reception. Please be advised that most communication will through email. I was dissatisfied that I was unable to obtain verbal communication or meeting in person with Tracy prior to a week before my wedding.

Sent on 08/29/2014

Megan · Married on 05/04/2013

We chose Heritage Hills Golf Resort for both our wedding ceremony and reception. We worked closely with Tracy leading up to our day and Larry was our day of coordinator. Both were fantastic and helped us create such a special day. Any questions or concerns that we had leading up to our wedding were quickly answered and resolved. Our only complaint, which we found out after our wedding day, was that one of our tables was not served the salad course. Otherwise, the food was fantastic, and the service was great. The Heritage Hills staff worked hand-in-hand with all of our wedding vendors to make sure everything went according to plan. They were also very accommodating to our out-of-town guests that stayed for the weekend. We would recommend Heritage Hills.

Sent on 04/27/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/22/2012

My bridesmaids, flower girl, MOB, and myself had our hair done at the Serenity Spa which is part of Heritage Hills. Two of my bridesmaids and I also had our makeup done. We were happy with some of the stylists, but not all of them. I personally loved my hair and makeup - which is what truly counts on a wedding day. The girls that also had their make up done looked stunning as well. The hair was 50/50, some loved it, some did not. When one of the stylist was told that the one bridesmaid didn't like how her hair was looking (which I agreed) she was not very happy to redo it and I don't think she did a great job with it either. It was not what my bridesmaid was looking for. The only other thing is that you MUST purchase a gift card in advance for the full amount and they charge FULL price for a flower girl's hair and MOB since it is a special occasion even though their hair does not take nearly as long as other hair styles to create. Overall, we were satisfied, but it wasn't a "wow" out of everyone.

Sent on 01/01/2013

Heritage Hills Golf Resort's reply:

Thank you very much for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and we are so sorry to hear about your recent experience.

It's through feedback such as yours that allows us to train our staff (and to train them more effectively) in order to provide guests with a positive remarkable experience. If you have time, we'd love to further discuss your feedback. Please call Jennifer Ryder, Serenity Spa and Salon Manager at (717) 755-0123 Ext 657 at your convenience.

Stacey · Married on 11/05/2011

3.0

The staff and facility did a wonderful job with the reception. The food was excellent, the staff accomodating, and the location exceptional. The only complaint was that, at times, the staff was hard to reach via phone. With that said, once we were able to contact them, any questions or concerns were dealt with promptly and with the utmost professionalism.

Sent on 11/08/2011
  • F

Cynthia · Married on 04/30/2010

We had our rehearsal dinner here, we had the master suite for the night before and the night of our wedding, and the majority of our guests stayed here. The team (Tony and Tracy) were easy to work with prior to the wedding and almost everything went off without a hitch.

The rehearsal dinner was lovely and they were extremely flexible and catered to our every need. The master suite was spectacular and we actually had a hard time getting our wedding party and guests to leave on the night of our wedding ;) Our guests were very satisfied with the newly renovated rooms and the guest services.

I would have liked to have seen a continental breakfast options for overnight guests, and a discount for overnight guests to play golf would have been great too! We did have a few billing errors after the wedding and it took at least 5 phone calls before they were straightened out and the money was returned to the right people.

But overall I would definitely use Heritage Hills again!

Sent on 12/28/2010
  • W

Whitney · Married on 12/31/2010

4.2
      3.5

Everything was completely taken care of the day of the wedding. Everything went smoothly the day of the wedding and I could not have been more happy with the outcome. I would however suggest working with Tracy whenever possible, she is a little easier to work with than Tony.

Sent on 01/18/2011

Kirsten · Married on 06/17/2017

3.0

Overall, the experience with Heritage Hills was great for our reception. We chose to have our reception in the Links Ballroom because it was the lowest food minimum cost and was pretty cheap to rent out compared to most other venues. Casey is very responsive with getting back to you on questions and is willing to meet up whenever you need help. Two days before, there is a final meeting and everything is walked through which made us feel much better. One of the best things is that they set up all centerpieces (even if you have your own) that day. To make it easier for them, I typed up a sheet with steps so they wouldn't have any questions. Anything additional will either cost you more to have a third party come in or you have to have someone you want after the ceremony and put stuff up. I loved being able to go around the golf course and take photos before the reception started. They are great backdrops! You also get a holding room before you enter to eat some snacks and drink. Make sure to ask about the limo budget. We also got a hotel room that night included, which was great to just be able to go upstairs when it was over. They cleaned pretty much everything up. Family just had to load into the cars at the end. They are also very willing to work with vendors. They allowed our DJ to arrive the night before to bring some stuff in and took our photographer and us around that week so we could see the photo spots.

Sent on 07/03/2017

I recently had an anniversary party for my parents in the Links Center. The staff there were very responsive and helpful. All the guests enjoyed the food. It was a small party-50 guests.

Sent on 11/03/2015

3.8
      3.0

Coordinator was a little slow on responding to my emails with questions I had, but the service the day of the wedding was perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2013

2.2
      1.0

First we checked in, bride and maid of honor, the night before the wedding. First thing was we checked out the room and had to use to bathroom. The toilet was filthy! They immediately came up to clean but still not the point! We paid all the money for this and it was dirty!

Second, the lady in reservations, Liza, was very rude and snippy with multiple members of wedding party!

Third, we received a bridal brunch and after reiterating that someone has severe allergy they still put that item out! Also, you would think the amount of money that you paid they would serve you? NOPE!

NOT worth it for the price that you pay! Outrageously priced for poor service!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Heritage Hills Golf Resort's reply:

We would like offer our most sincere apology for your experience. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know where we fell short. Your feedback allows us to improve our operation and prevent it from occurring in the future.

We understand the severity of the situation regarding the peanut allergy. The packets of peanut butter on the buffet were truly an oversight by our staff and we have addressed the issue with our staff and the Director of F & B to prevent this mistake in the future.

Additionally, we’ve asked a member of our senior management team to contact you to discuss in further detail. Again, we apologize for the mistakes and for your experience

Becky · Married on 06/22/2013

1.8
      0.5
      2.0

The food was excellent but overall I was not very happy with the service of Heritage Hills. I purchased personalized napkins that were to be put out with the cake and also beverage napkins to be put at the bar which never were until an hour before the reception was over when I noticed they were never out. A lot of guests never received wedding cake. The cake was supposed to be served to everyone at the tables after dinner and by the time it was served, a lot of guests already left. The staff just walked around the room serving cake to people as they were standing. Lastly, the staff was supposed to put the remaining cake in cake bags that I had purchased for the guests to take home. They gave us the remaining cake just in boxes and I told them it was supposed to be put in the bags we bought so they finally did that but most of the people were gone by that time. Also, the staff cleared the tables too quickly. A lot of people wanted to save their place cards and when they went for them they were already off the tables. So overall, I was not pleased with Heritage Hills.

Also, we were told that the groom was to receive 2 rounds of golf but when we asked how to go about getting the rounds, were told that it is only 1 free round and anyone else would get a discounted rate so the groom said he probably not use it.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Becky,

We are deeply sorry to hear that Katie & Keith’s wedding reception was not fully executed to your expectations. This is highly uncharacteristic of our staff, as we pride ourselves on our accuracy and punctuality regardless of the event taking place. We always strive to create a positive, remarkable experience for all guests attending events held at Heritage Hills.

We sincerely apologize for not displaying the custom napkins and for the delayed cake service.

We would like to direct you to our Director of Food and Beverage, Kenneth Painter, to try and amend this situation - he can be reached at (717) 755-0123 x629. We hope to hear from you soon.

The Wedding Team at Heritage Hills

Craig · Married on 08/08/2009

0.6
      0.0

We saw the rebuttal that Heritage Hills wrote to the other wedding couple and Heritage Hills used the exact same excuses and responses almost word for word that they used against us.

We did not receive what we were promised and Heritage Hills never made amends even after numerous attempts by our family.

We ordered the Ultra Premium Bar and were promised that the bartentender would be able to make any drink, except for blended drinks. The bartender did not know how to make a Cosmo, fuzzy navel, martini or any drink. The bartender said that she could only pour and did not know how to make drinks. The line was backed up at the bar and moved very slowly because she did not know how to make drinks. It took half an hour to wait in line before she poured for you. At least half the people did not receive the champagne we ordered for all our guests for the toast.

The staff told us about the separate wedding party reception that was to be part of our package for the first time two days before the wedding, when it was too late for us to plan for it.

The did not serve coffee, as they promised, when they served the cake.

They changed the rehearsal time on us and we only found out about it a week before the wedding, after insisting that we receive some paperwork on the wedding, which we we should have received months before but only received one week prior to the wedding. We had to contact 60 out of town guests to change the rehearsal dinner time only days before the wedding due to their negligence. We had to start the rehearsal party an hour before the wedding party could be there. We invited all of our out of town guests to the rehearsal party.

On top of it, the quality of the filets and potatoes were not as represented. We even asked if the mashed potatoes would be instant because no one likes instant potatoes and were told by the catering staff and sales people that by no means would they be instant. Yet after one bite at the reception, it was evident they were instant. The filet tasted like it was dry and loaded with meat tenderizer, not at all on par with th filets served in the restaurant.

Servers could not be found during reception. Only when the food was served and taken away.

The owner and food and beverage director only made excuses instead of apologies. The food and beverage director finally admitted that the potatoes were instant after meeting with him and he only made excuses and was very indifferent. He offered us next to nothing to compensate for it. We wrote letters trying to be compensated for what we did not receive and the owner did not respond in a timely manner after months. We finally contacted our credit card company and the owner had an accountant with no background in catering write numerous excuses and inaccuracies.

The front desk was so mixed up that they even locked the bride and groom out of their room, which was complementary. The front desk was told not to except their credit card because the room was complementary and the front desk could not quite get it and locked the bride and groom out of their room and demanded cash. When the groom tried to use his credit card to have food delivered to their room they would not allow him to use his credit card and he has perfect credit. The groom had to walk down to the restaurant to order food for himself and his new bride where they did take his credit card. The bride, our daughter, called us crying because Heritage Hills had totally ruined their honeymoon.

To date, they have never apologized or offered anything reasonable for their actions.

Sent on 03/13/2010