Here Comes the Bride Reviews

148 | Glendale Heights, IL

148 Reviews for Here Comes the Bride

P · Married on 02/25/2007

The ladies at Here Comes the Bride were great! They were excellent at helping me find something that looked nice on my body type after I had been to so many gown shops. They threw in the veil and tiara for me with the cost of the dress - and the dress was much more inexpensive than I would have gotten anywhere else. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/07/2008

Jennifer · Married on 09/02/2016

I had the pleasure of working with Diana, she was so sweet and listened to my ideas of dresses and even brought some in she thought I would look good in. She was honest and never rushed me to any dress or decision. They take their time with you and they a re a very busy store with so many dress options. I even went back a second time and and finally found my dress! We also got all the bridesmaids dresses here, their selection is great and they have many to chose from and the prices were great since I got my bridal gown there as well. I would recommend them 100 percent for all your dress needs. You will not be disappointed Thank you Diana!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Here Comes the Bride was one of the best parts of my wedding planning. They had a fantastic selection of dresses and they REALLY know how to work with a bride and listen to her tastes -- the first dress I tired on was the one I bought!
    I worked mostly with Diane and she was really great to work with -- and so was the rest of the staff. Everything was very organized, timely, and reasonably priced.
    I only took off a half star for flexibility because of how I had to pay -- I made my down payment by check, had to pay for the dress with credit, and then had to pay for my alterations in cash, so it was a bit confusing what I needed to bring with me. I'd highly recommend them though!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Ashton · Married on 10/12/2013

Diane at Here Comes the Bride is phenomenal! I was first introduced to this salon by a friend who's wedding I was in; she purchased her dress here. At first glance you wouldn't guess they have beautiful, upscale dresses inside, but I told Diane exactly what I was looking for and a few things I wanted to maybe try. She listened to all my thoughts and brought me 7 dresses (ranging in what I had described). I decided on my dress that day! They kept my dress, veil and accessories stored safely for me for over a year (about 16 months).

They offer alterations that were done well. I had a fantastic experience here and recommend to anyone looking for a wedding dress. I'm in the South Suburbs, so it was about an hour hike for me each time, but it was well worth it!

Sent on 11/05/2013
  • F

Fiona · Married on 06/17/2011

When faced with wedding planning it is often that minor details are forgotten. Here Comes the Bride took the time to make sure that I and my bridal party ordered dresses that we liked. But also ordered the dresses timely. We had no issues with delivery and all of the girls looked phenomenal. I will definitely refer my friends.

Sent on 01/23/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/04/2010

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Here Comes the Bride. I had looked at a few places in the city and came nowhere close to finding "the dress." I could only afford the least expensive choices at even the "cheap" places in the city, and I couldn't find anything that I loved.

As soon as I walked in the door at Here Comes the Bride, I was thrilled with how relaxed and calm the environment was. First of all, they let you look through the dresses yourself, which I loved. They had a lot of different styles and "feels." Second of all, there were a number of dresses there I could've been happy with (which is saying something since I didn't find anything elsewhere). The prices were very reasonable and covered a pretty broad range.

Okay, and the dress. I LOVED my dress. I could afford my dress. I could afford to have my dress altered appropriately (although it barely needed any alterations).

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would absolutely recommend Here Comes the Bride.

Sent on 09/06/2010
  • F

Fiona · Married on 05/22/2010

Here comes the bride is the place to go for wedding dresses. The store is not impressive from the outside, but inside surprisingly, there is a very good selection of quality wedding dresses. The prices are very reasonable and the staff is very knowledgeable and attentive. I went to several dress shops before this one, and left very disappointed. This one by far out-did them all!

Sent on 05/28/2010
  • Nicole

Jean Nicole · Getting married on 08/01/2020

Disappointed

I found a dress that I loved there. I honestly thought it was going to be my dress. But when I asked the sales associate if it was within my budget, she said she was sure all the dresses I tried on were until she saw the price tag and it was way over my budget. And at the time I was going to forget about my budget, but thank God I didn't because it was way too much. It was way over without tax and alterations included even. I just really loved the dress:( I bought a dress that I love at another bridal salon, but at times I still think about that dress at HCTB. Staff was friendly overall, I just wish they never showed that dress to me:(

Sent on 11/14/2019

Here Comes the Bride's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Nicole. We are happy you found your dream dress! Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

I made an appointment here because a friend said they had a lot of dresses in the style that I like. I did not want to spend over 1000 on a dress but it turns out that would be pretty difficult to achieve for the style that I fell in love with. One negative about this store is they brought quite a few dresses over my budget (probably because they didn't really have many at/any under my budget) . My future mother in low fell in love with one that was 1699 and nothing could compare in her mind so it made the whole experience a little difficult. I recommend coming here because the dresses are beautiful but make sure you only try things on that are in your price range and don't invite anyone who is not on the same page budgetwise as you are.

Sent on 02/05/2017

Magda · Married on 09/16/2016

I went to HCTB on a recommendation from a friend and I wasn't disappointed. I didn't give them much to go on when describing what I was looking for (I actually talked more about what I DIDN'T want) and they brought out a great variety of dresses to show me what might and might not work. I ended up choosing the 2nd dress I put on! It was outside of my price range but they worked with the shop owner to fit it into my budget. The day of the final fitting I forgot my shoes and thought I might have to cancel my appointment but they worked with me and told me to go grab my shoes and try to make it back at some point that day. The only thing I didn't like was when I paid off the dress 2 months before the fitting process I would've been charged a storage fee for those 2 months so I took it home. If I had known that I would've taken my time paying for it instead of taking it home and bringing it back again.

Sent on 09/19/2016

jessica · Married on 03/05/2016

Here Comes the Bride was referred to me by one of my gfs, and this was one of my first stops in my hunt for a dress. I had no idea what silhouette looked nice on me, I just knew what I liked on Pinterest.

They allow you to take photos, which is great, because what you see in pictures is different than what you see in the mirror, sometimes. I tried on everything I thought I liked, and everything my mother liked, and it was pure disaster. Unfortunately, I did not say yes to the dress on my first visit, but after trying on a thousand more dresses, and visiting every bridal boutique in the state of IL, I went back to Here Comes the Bride, and that's when I saw the dress I absolutely loved. It was completely out of my budget, and it was not anything that I thought I would have wanted, but it was perfect.

I ended up purchasing the dress, and having the alterations there. I showed pictures of how I wanted to change the way the neckline was cut and how I wanted the back to be...needless to say, I was being very picky with what I wanted. The final product came out perfectly!

Thank you!

Sent on 03/16/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/16/2015

My experience was nothing short of amazing. From the point that I first contacted Here Comes the Bride to the day I picked up my dress. It was welcoming to walk in and know I wasn't going to have to spend an obscene amount of money to look like a million dollars.

The dress selection was wonderful as they had many designers and styles. It did help that I knew I wanted to be an Allure bride. I was torn on two dresses but they helped me with making the decision. My veil was different than I had expected to like being a bubble veil which complimented the dress nicely. As my dress had lace and crystals throughout the veil they paired with the dress was spot on. As it didn't hide any detail of the dress in the back.

I decided to add sleeves to the dress as I wasn't sure how the weather was going to be having a wedding in October. The alterations were flawless and everyone thought the sleeves were a part of the dress. And the cost won't leave you feeling terrible as they were fair and reasonable. It wasn't the cost of a new dress.

If you are in the Addison area and have a chance to stop at Here Comes the Bride I would highly recommend. As the staff,selection and alterations made my process so easy for me.

Sent on 02/11/2017

Kimmy · Married on 04/18/2015

I got my wedding dress from Here Comes the Bride and can I say that I definitely had my bridal moment! I was so in love with my wedding dress and Diana had such amazingly good taste to even show me this dress! The staff there is amazing and so friendly. If any brides out there are having a hard time with a wedding dress, go there! I guarantee you will fall in love with their selection.

Sent on 07/09/2015

The people at Here comes the bride are wonderful!! Very honest and very responsive. Loved my experience!!!

Sent on 02/09/2015

Meghan · Married on 07/18/2014

I was very pleased with my wedding dress purchase. I had set up an appointment to try on dresses 3 weeks after having abdominal surgery. The ladies that worked there did an amazing job with making me feel beautiful and comfortable in all the dresses I tried on. They were able to give me an amazing deal on my beautiful dress. The only issue we had was with the seamstress. She had done my bustle wrong and argued with my mom, MOH and friend. After talking with the manager the issue was addressed and fixed.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Andrea · Married on 07/27/2013

I bought both my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses here. I LOVED my dress and was able to buy it right off the rack. We ordered my bridesmaid dresses and the only issue we had was some of the sizing. Despite that, the people that work at the store are incredibly nice and worked to help find me the perfect dresses. The quality of the dresses was very high.

Don't be put off by the outside of the building, which is in a grungy looking strip mall- it is nice inside and they have a great inventory- it's totally worth it!

A helpful hint- let them do the alterations. We had a minor issue with one of the bridesmaid dresses that could have been avoided if Here Comes the Bride was doing them.

Sent on 08/14/2013
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 05/25/2013

Great service. Had a private room and was very personal.
    I brought in photos of what I liked and she knew exactly what to pull for me to try on. They also had most of the dresses I liked to try on.
    Great listener and knew what to suggest and recommend. Great value - offered discount for buying the day of and as is (it was brand new)!
    I would take any/all friends there if they were looking for a bridal gown.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Chantay · Married on 10/14/2012

Great Service and very flexible with payment arrangements

Sent on 10/31/2012

Sandra · Married on 08/25/2012

I found a beautiful gown for half the retail price, however, it was giant! I was nervous they would be able to alter it since it was basically backless. I worried for nothing because the alterations were AMAZING....seriously it was like they sewed the dress on my body. You pay for what you get; the alterations were almost half of what I paid for my gown! It's totally worth every penny though. My only complaint is that there was a small snag in my all lace gown that I noticed before I bought it. They assured me it would be fix when they cleaned it, but two fittings later it was still there. They did take care of it during final alterations, but I wish they would have told me that in the beginning. Other than that tiny complaint they were awesome! Super friendly and they remember you when you walk in. Don't expect champagne and a fancy dressing room...it is bare bones here. But if you are a serious bargain shopper (I couldn't stomach paying thousands of dollars for a dress I'm wearing once!), then this is a perfect fit!

Sent on 08/19/2012

Leana · Married on 07/01/2011

I purchased my dress and had my alterations done at Here Comes the Bride. I felt very comfortable when shopping for my dress. It was one of the only places that I shopped at that did not push me to buy when I was not ready. When I went in to purchase the dress, I was the only one in the store and got great personal attention. After my dress came in they allowed me to come in and try it on with my parents and then again with a friend. Since I decided to have my alterations done there they kept my dress so that I would not have t obring it home and hide from my hubby. When I went in for my alterations, everything went smoothly but when I went to pick it up, there was beading on the dress that I did not want (my dress was simple with no beading). They were very accomodating to fix it and in the end my dress was beautiful on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/31/2011
  • emiliath

Emily · Married on 10/09/2010

Good prices on a wide selection of designer dresses. All my bridesmaids ordered their dress from here. They did a good job with the fitting/size selection and orders came in quickly. Lower sales tax due to the store being located in DuPage county (little added bonus). Did not use for alterations as we found better prices elsewhere.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Emily · Married on 06/27/2009

We had looked at so many places for a dress and nothing even came close in value to my dress. From the moment I walked into their store the two girls that we had worked with were patient, respectful, and helpful. My dress came in under budget and was soooo comfortable!! The only negative, and this was probably my fault, make sure you and the alteration person are on the same page with the bra you are going to wear. I am rather busty and the bra worked initially but once I tried it on with it after the fitting it looked awful so we had to purchase the bra they had there which I wish I had had initially at the first fitting. Good news is there bra was only 20 bucks and was perfect! Every bride should check out their store!

Sent on 07/10/2009

Megan · Married on 10/06/2006

They were recommended to me by a friend. The women who work there were very helpful and gave honest opinions. They made me try on dresses that I wouldn't normally have picked out which helped me to really find the perfect dress. I not only got my dress here, but also my tiara and veil all for under $800. I would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 02/15/2008
  • Chanel Caputo & Ryan Paulish

Chanel · Married on 09/08/2018

I purchased my wedding dress from HCTB and the trying on experience was wonderful. Unfortunately they did yes me, and tell me that they could alter the neckline from a sweetheart to a straight neckline without adding in fabric. That wasn’t the case afterwards. The neckline would have to have a lace appliqué that wasn’t the same as my dress. So I was stuck with a sweetheart neckline. It was unfortunate how long the wait was for my wedding dress to come in and that they didn’t have listed what way to contact me until I contacted them. Lastly, I would opt out of the bridal gifts they add onto your purchase. It’s a tiny bottle of champagne that isn’t work the $20 they charge you for it.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Sara · Married on 07/27/2012

I bought my wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses from here comes the bride and was not disappointed! I went there originally for a different dress, and they figured out my style and what I was looking for and brought me a dress I loved even more. Not only did they listen to what I wanted, but they kept me well within my price range. I ended up finding a gorgeous ballgown that I loved for 500 dollars. I was very happy, and the alterations turned out perfect as well. One of my bridesmaids lives in Arizona so it was tough with her. They ordered the wrong size for her (small hiccup) but corrected the error right away and ordered a new dress right away free of charge. Overall I think they were very nice, very professional, and they have gowns that won't break your budget!

Sent on 08/15/2012