Here Comes the Bride Reviews

148 | Glendale Heights, IL

148 Reviews for Here Comes the Bride

• bride2blisa

Lisa · Married on 09/23/2011

I love this shop. Don't let the dingy looking strip mall that it's in scare you away. They have a great selection and Rose and Diane are awesome. Diane helped me try on dresses and she was so sweet and patient. She picked out the dress that was the one. She knows exactly what will look best on your body type. My dress came in 3 months and the layers on the bottom were significantly different lengths. When I thought I was about to freak out, Diane looked at my mom and I and told us not to worry. She said she would be sending this dress back today and would get a whole new one. She stayed so calm and kept me from freaking out. The new dress came in 3 weeks. I had an incredibly great experience with this store.

Sent on 03/03/2012

Lynkisha · Married on 09/11/2011

Great place to purchase a dress. Awesome prices

Sent on 10/04/2011

Kyla · Married on 09/10/2011

Everything at Here Comes the Bride was wonderful! From the day I found my dress to the day I took it home - Rose was always there to answer any questions or schedule any appointments! Their prices are reasonable and seemingly lower than other stores. Its a small botique in a strip mall - but an AMAZING store! Dont let the location scare you away. Its a small store and you get the feeling that they care about you as one of their brides. It wasnt a "retail bridal store" where you feel like 1 in a 1000 on any given day... I fellt like I was the only bride there every time. The dress came in quick, they kept it there until alterations were complete and we were about 3 weeks away from the big day. My dress was simply stunning and the alterations ladies did a fantastic job! THANK YOU for making my bridal vision come true! Great store!

Sent on 05/10/2013

Sara · Married on 09/04/2011

It's all about the dress, right??? Rose and her team are phenomenal! They all understand the pressure a bride feels to find the perfect dress and they do their absolute best to help you find it. Here Comes the Bride has a wide selection of dresses for any body type. During my appointment at HCTB, Rose suggested a different silhouette than what I was drawn to because she knew it would work well on my body type, and she was spot on! My sister-in-law-to-be went to four other places to find her perfect dress, and ended up finding "the one" at Here Comes the Bride too. I live in the city, and the small trek out to Addison, Illinois was worth the trip!

I highly recommend Here Comes the Bride for their wide selection of dresses offered at various price ranges for all budget sizes, their professionalism, and overall wonderful experience.

Sent on 03/24/2012

Gina · Married on 09/02/2011

I went here to look for a dress because my friend had a great experience when she was looking for her wedding dress. This was the only place I went. I found my dress right away. The ladies who work here are great!

Sent on 09/06/2011
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/23/2011

I found Here Comes a Bride through Yelp. After reading the mostly positive reviews, I decided to go in and give it a try since my wedding was eight months away.

The store is a bit far, but it is easy to find. It is located in a strip mall, and it has a big "(here comes the) BRIDE" sign above it. I went with one of my bridesmaids, and we were immediately greeted by Diane. She let us peruse through the dresses. My BM and I found some dresses that matched the kind of dress that I wanted--close, but no cigar. Diane asked if she could see the kind of dress that I envisioned for myself, and she let me use her laptop to go through some photos that I bookmarked for myself. She took a look, went to the back of the store, and brought out a dress and told me that this might work.

I tried it on, and it was exactly what I wanted! I didn't like the original sash too much, and she quickly grabbed a floral sash from the front of the store. I liked this one so much better, but it was pretty pricey; Diane offered to switch it out for free.

I ended up finding the dress for a lower price at another store; I explained my budget to Diane, and she consulted with Rose and let me know that she and Rose were willing to match the lower price once they confirmed that it was true. They called the other store, confirmed the price, and matched it!

I ordered my dress at the end of December and got it mid-April. It is everything I wanted. The ladies at the store are very accommodating and understanding of people's different circumstances. Very happy customer here, and I'll recommend them to others! :)

Sent on 03/27/2012

Jeremy · Married on 07/03/2011

I purchased my wedding dress from Here Comes the Bride in Nov of 2010 for my July 2011 wedding. Immediately upon entering the store I was impressed with the number of dresses they have for the size of the store. It is not very large (they only allow 1 bride at a time to try on dresses), but they had a great selection especially of the designer I was interested in - Mori Lee. I came in with several Mori Lee dresses I wanted to try on and they had most of the selections in store. I ended up falling in love with the first dress I tried on - a brand new Mori Lee that they had just gotten and was on the mannequin in the front window. I was even more in love when they told me the price tag - it was well below my budget even with alterations.

The dress came in in plenty of time for my wedding and the store held on to it for me until May when I was able to come in for my first fitting (I was an out of town bride). At the first fitting the dress fit like a glove, they just had to take two tucks - one at the bust and one at the waist so that it wouldn't fall down. The shop has several cases of jewelry and headpieces and I was able to find several pieces I liked here as well! I had to come in the day before the wedding for my second fitting because I didn't get back into town until then. Luckily the dress fit PERFECT at this fitting and I took it home immediately.

At my wedding everyone commented how gorgeous my dress was and how it must have cost a lot of money. Little did they know that we got the deal of the century! I have recommended Here Comes the Bride to several of my friends and a few of them have already gotten their dresses there too! I would recommend this shop to anyone looking for personal attention in a small boutique setting with a very friendly and helpful staff!

Sent on 08/06/2011
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/25/2011

Diane and Rose are FABULOUS!!! I originally found my dress at another store and it was WAY OVER MY BUDGET. When I walked into Here Comes The Bride, Diane greeted me and once I described the dress, she immediatley picked out the same dress AT HALF THE PRICE!!! Diane was a shoulder to cry on (I was having bridesmaid issues) and each time I went to the store, I was treated like an old friend of the family!

Although the strip mall is a bit run down, DO NOT let that deter you from visiting this store. They are above and beyond the best in the business and I highly recommend them for all your party dress needs!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Kelly · Married on 06/24/2011

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this bridal boutique! I knew four different people who got their dresses there, and I wento 11 (yes 11!) places before going to Here Comes the Bride. I had found some wonderful dresses, but their selection was in my price range and their customer service far surpassed all the others. Diane was wonderful! She's so patient and seemed more like a friend - I NEVER felt pressured to buy anything and really appreciated that. I have recommended this boutique to several brides and will continue to do so because they were so wonderful to work with. Thank you Here Comes the Bride for helping me find my dream dress that I could afford!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Bethany · Married on 05/21/2011

After going to a few high end bridal shops on Oak St (in the city), I came across a segment on 190 North about Here Comes the Bride. I decided to drive out and have a look and was very pleasantly surprised. Not only did I find 8 dressed that I absolutely loved, the dress I bought surpassed the obsession I had over an Oscar de la Renta dress I previously tried on and was about 1/20 of the cost! The ladies at Here Come the Bride were extremely helpful, patient and provided great input and feedback on each dress. I appreciated their help so much that I decided to get my head piece and veil from them as well - all at exceptional prices while not skimping on quality.

The tailoring on my dress was also exceptional. I had Rudy turn my neckline into a sweetheart neckline and it looked like the dress came that way. My dress looked so impecable that many people at my wedding whispered that they were certain my dress was a couple thousand dollars. That's all due to the quality tailoring by Rudy.

I've sent a couple future brides to Here Come the Bride since and will recommend them to any and all future brides to come. What a great gem of a shop!

Sent on 06/15/2011

I had purchased my dress form another Bridal salon and I had lost a lil weight from STRESSING! I took the dress to Here comes the Bride and Rudy was marvelous, she made the dress fit my every curve and I was really pleased. It did not take months and months to be altered, like most bridal stores tell you, it was 2 weeks. I returned for the final fitting and it fit like a glove, although they were pricey, I will follow my mom’s advice and say you get what you pay for! Rudy also altered my reception dress and it too was fabulous!

Sent on 12/13/2010

Jamie · Married on 10/16/2010

I had the most amazing experience at Here Comes the Bride. I found out 2 months ago that I am pregnant and my wedding is in 4 weeks. I was hoping I would be one of those lucky moms to be that don't start showing until 6 months, but I'm very small and at 14 weeks I already have a baby bump and my chest has gone up a whole cup size. Needless to say my already purchased, very slinky, satin Nicole Miller beach wedding dress was no longer an option. And to add one more hurdle to the mix I live in London so I only had 1 week to find a new dress "off the rack", get it altered and pick it up before I head back to London. Our first appointment was at Here Comes the Bride. Rose is the woman who assisted me and my mom. She pulled all the dresses she thought would look good on me given my changing shape. I tried on dresses completely different to my orginal choice and fell in love with one that I never would have picked for myself. It is so beautiful and amazing. I went from crying about being the fat ugly bride in a too small dress, to feeling like I will look beautiful on my special day and I owe it to Rose and Here Comes The Bride. They sold me the sample I tried on and was able to get me fitted that afternoon. My dress will be ready for me to pick it up by the end of the week before I head back to London. Just an amazing experience. Please add this store to your list of boutiques to visit when you shop for your gown.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Kelly · Married on 08/28/2010

Rose (and Diane in particular, who I worked with all along the way) are amazing. I had read some reviews about their shop, located in a sort of non-descript strip mall in Addison just off 290 and Army Trail Rd. I knew there are hundreds of gorgeous dresses to fall in love with out there...I just didn't want to spend hours and days pining away for the *perfect* dress and never quite achieving it. I wanted to find something reasonably priced and special, and not spend a fortune on it. I had read that HCTB (Here Comes the Bride) carries designer samples and was hoping to find something perhaps even off the rack. Well, Diane helped me to accomplish that goal.

Originally I had tried on about 20 dresses total, and came back to HCTB to finalize my decision. Diane and Rose totally remembered me and were so helpful and honest. I tried on the frontrunner again--a very simple strapless ivory dress with a ruched bodice and a-line. I asked Diane if I could try a couple more dresses that were more glamorous, just to solidify in my mind that what I had chosen was "the" dress. She brought me a sample (by Jasmine, not a label I recognized) and said they had just gotten it in. I tried it on and that became the stunning dress I eventually purchased. For only $700, it was an absolute steal. Strapless ivory with ruching down the bodice, beautiful beadwork (just enough) on the top of the dress, and an a-line skirt opening up to reveal a little English netting, that looked almost like airy feathers from afar, down one side and underneath the dress. I also purchased a perfect veil for the dress from HCTB--Rose discounted the price for me and it worked out just beautifully.

I had so many compliments on my wedding day and felt absolutely like a princess...I could not have asked for a more stunning, special, gorgeous dress. And their seamstress/tailor Rudy is fantastic. I spent half the cost of the dress on alterations, but it was totally worth it. Her work is impeccable. She even took an email from me with a photo of the neckline we were going to adjust and replicated what I was looking for perfectly. I am SO glad I found them. Thank you Diane, Rose, and Rudy!!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Sara · Married on 08/21/2010

I loved my dress, loved this store and loved the price. So many people I know have gotten their dress here. I love them!

Sent on 05/03/2011

Sahar · Married on 08/14/2010

I loved the entire experience of finding my dress! I loved working with Diane! She was so helpful and really was very knowledgable! She made me feel very confortable and really took her time to help me find the perfect dress! Im sooooo happy I found Here Comes the Bride because it truley was a perfect experience!

Sent on 11/17/2010

Lauren · Married on 07/09/2010

I ordered my wedding dress, veil, hair piece, and bridesmaids dresses from this boutique. They have a smaller store but fabulous product so it makes looking through it easier. Diane is the employee who helped me most of the time when I was in there and she is fabulous, very fashion conscious and gives her honest opinion. All of the ladies at the store are great! The seamstress did a fabulous job on all of our dresses. The price of all of our dresses were unbeatable. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 08/02/2010
  • Hope

Hope · Married on 04/24/2010

I got my dress and headband from Here comes the bride. The minute I walked in I felt very warm and welcomed. I went there by myself and they helped me find a dress within my budget. Rose and her staff are very helpful and considerate. The seamstress was so much fun to work with and a top notch job. Who lives in the Chicago land area should definitely stop by!!!!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Felisa · Married on 04/10/2010

The women in this shop are amazing. I don’t know how, but after I showed them two photos of dresses I liked, they pulled THE dress for me, and they let me stay in it as long as I wanted to. The women are polite, and friendly. The shop is small, and comfortable. I didn’t imagine being able to find MY dress so easily, but it was a breeze with them. And, because it’s off the rack, it’s affordable too. I especially appreciated that they kept my dress until my final fitting (if it’s off the rack, you usually have to take it). These women are the best! And the alterations were done perfectly, and also affordable!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Danielle · Married on 06/20/2009

I love my dress!! Everyone was helpful and the store is wonderful!

Sent on 08/22/2009

Jennifer · Married on 05/16/2009

Here Comes The Bride is a great place to purchase your Wedding dress and the prices are so affordable.

After searching for my "dream" wedding dress at several locations, including upscale boutiques; my last location was Here Comes The Bride and I found my "dream" wedding dress, all lace for an unbelievable deal. I even had Here Comes The Bride do all my alterations; they were so flexible with my crazy work schedule that it made it so easy.

Here Comes The Bride may not look like the "ideal" place to shop from the strip mall appeal; but do not pass it up - the staff is so knowledgeable and friendly. They have all different types of Wedding dresses, veils and some hair combs, even a couple flower girl dresses.

I recommend them to anyone and EVERYONE! : )

Sent on 09/08/2010

Kate · Married on 09/27/2008

I could not have asked for better service, beautiful gown and friendly help!!! Love this place and I loved my dress and so did all of my family and guests. Lovely!

Sent on 11/13/2008

Veronica · Married on 09/06/2008

I tried on 5 dresses and they saved the best for last. At Here Comes the Bride the sales assistant & manager, listen to what style you are looking for and pull the items for you to try on. Be warned, they have such good prices, that the dresses don't' stay around for very long. I HATE paying RETAIL, this was a FANTASTIC find. Thank you!

Sent on 02/05/2009

Denise · Married on 09/02/2008

After finding my Dress at another store, I went back to show my family and it was gone, re-sold. I was crushed,I got my money back and stormed out of the store telling everyone not to buy a dress there on my way out !!! I went to countless other Bridal Shops with no luck. I live right down the street form Here Comes The Bride and decided to just stop in. I not only fell in LOVE with 1 dress but 2 dresses. The people that work there helped me decide which one was best for me based on the kind of wedding I was having & I bought it on the spot ! I needed very minor alterations,which they did and the day I picked up my Dress was the Second happiest day of my life, Second only to my wedding day !

Sent on 05/11/2009

Herine · Married on 08/16/2008

This is a WONDERFUL bridal shop! The staff are SO helpful and responsive. Based on my very succinct description of what I was looking for, the staff produced exactly what I was looking for, and I bought the dress of my dreams off the rack in my size. Their prices are extremely reasonable, especially on veils and other accessories (which can be ridiculously expensive elsewhere). I would recommend this place as a starting point for anyone who is driving distance to Chicago.

Sent on 01/14/2009

Diana · Married on 04/05/2008

This store was great and I loved everything!! The only thing that upset me was the person doing the alterations there was so nice but charged me $200 and I had no problem with that, until my wedding night about 10pm when my whole bustle came apart!!!! Yikes..........

Sent on 09/28/2008