Here Comes the Bride Reviews

148 | Glendale Heights, IL

148 Reviews for Here Comes the Bride

chrissy · Married on 09/16/2016

The staff was friendly and very helpful. I had George helping me with my bridal appointment and she was fantastic! I am a plus size bridal and they had a ton of dress that I could actually try on not just hold up to myself and use my imagination. I highly recommend HCTB

Sent on 01/03/2016

Natalie · Married on 09/06/2016

I live in Chicago but visited Here Comes the Bride because they had excellent reviews and carried the dress I really wanted to try on. They were very responsive scheduling (and changing) an appointment. I told them I was looking at bridesmaid dresses in ivory, and they never once questioned that or suggested any bridal dresses. Era showed me a huge variety of bridesmaid dresses, answered all my questions, and was attentive without being overbearing. I ended up buying the dress I came there to try on. Even though I only spent $178, I never felt like Era hurried or dismissed me. I can't wait for my dress to come in!

EDIT: My dress came in a month early. It was easy to set up an appointment to try it on, and Era answered all of my questions about alterations while making it clear that I didn't need to do alterations with them.

Sent on 06/26/2016

The ladies at Here Comes The Bride were absolutely amazing!!! They helped me through a couple bumps I had in choosing my wedding dress, and they gracefully handled everything with my bridesmaid dresses. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Megan · Married on 06/11/2016

Things that made this experience great:
    1. Diane, the manager who helped me, was very insightful and not pushy. She fully understood what I was looking for and had a plan to have me compare the dress I went in for to a series of other similar styled dresses. I'm glad she did because I found a different one I liked even more. She allowed me to switch between them (multiple times) to make sure, and was very patient with me. She also did not push me toward the more expensive dresses, but seemed to genuinely want me to find the perfect one. When I tried on a more expensive strapless dress, I was thinking about adding sleeves and raising the bustline - but she pointed out that I achieved that goal with the illusion neckline dresses I had been trying on, so why spend more? She also took me into another room and dimmed the lights so I could see what the dress would look like in the lighting it would probably be in! She was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and made the experience fun for me.
    2. They stayed within my budget. I am not one of those girls who thinks spending more on a dress than a mortgage payment is acceptable. I wanted to stay as close to $1000 as possible (and under would be even better!). Diane did not pull dresses way above my range, and she also let me know that I could buy the sample at a discount. She made me aware of multiple ways I could save. Their price range on alterations is also not outrageous.
    3. While it seems like a small store, they had a great selection. And I was probably able to try on at least 10-12 dresses (plus the two I was between multiple times).

Very friendly and intuitive staff combined with the reasonable prices for great designer lines (plus the ability to buy some samples) make this a must-look place for any sensible bride! Definitely try it out! My other advice is to give it a try even if it is not in your area - I live an hour from Addison but felt the trip was well worth it!

Sent on 11/23/2016
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 05/29/2016

Here comes the bride was absolutely amazing. I had a specific look in mind for wedding dress and they found the perfect dress! They took all my thoughts and knew exactly what I wanted. They were amazing throughout the whole process. They worked with my schedule for being out of town and helped ship the dress to its final destination. I had no issues or concerns and I felt amazing at the wedding

Sent on 06/19/2016
  • BecomingMrsDavis

Nicole · Married on 04/22/2016

I purchased my wedding dress from HCTB and couldn't be happier with my decision. From the very beginning they were responsive, professional and friendly. I live in Austin, TX and purchased my dress in Chicago because that is where my parents live. Samantha was wonderful in my initial appointment and my first fitting, helping me find the perfect accessory. They were extremely accommodating in quickly doing my alterations so I could take the dress back to TX with me. Rudi, the seamstress, does absolutely beautiful work. I highly recommend working with HCTB!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Amanda · Married on 12/13/2015

This place was so great. It was the very first place I looked and I found my dress! Everyone was so helpful and alterations were amazing too!!

Sent on 12/14/2015

This is a great place to go if you're intimidated by the whole dress shopping process. It's a nice environment with a ton of selection and the salespeople won't be hovering or pressuring. I worked with Rose who helped me get the most perfect dress...I started with plain lace and she saw that I wasn't loving them. I wound up with a beautiful beaded gown which is absolutely gorgeous and I got it at a great price!!! I really had a good experience and it wasn't as painful as I thought at all!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Here Comes the Bride has the most AMAZING customer service. From the outside, it does not look like much, but on the inside, it has an incredibly knowledgeable, kind, and wonderful staff that found me the dress of my dreams! I hardly had anything in mind, but they grabbed things off the racks and helped me to quickly narrow down what I liked and didn't like in a friendly manner. They were so kind and respectful not only to me, but to the friends and family that I brought with as well, and let them be opinionated and run all over the store pulling dresses off the rack- I probably tried on 30 at least!

They truly, truly cared about me finding the dress of my dreams and I could tell that they did. They love what they do, and that matters to me.

As far as the inventory that they have, it's a smaller location, but they have a TON to offer! They had dresses with sleeves, illusion necklines, backless dresses, big ball gowns, mermaid, EVERYTHING...I tried it alllll on. Price is SO reasonable- I am a bride on a tight budget, and not only were prices reasonable, but they came down to meet my budget AND worked out a payment plan with me so I didn't have to pay it all up front.

I am going back next weekend to pick out bridesmaid dresses and just can't wait. Their selection is pretty big for a smaller salon- bigger than I've seen at others.

Again, if you want to go to a salon that wants to see you happy, and that doesn't rip you off on the price tag THIS IS IT! Ignore the ugly strip mall on the outside- it's treasure gold on the inside <3

Both my best friend and I bought our gowns here!

The end.

Sent on 01/09/2015

Heather · Married on 10/03/2015

My Allure 9051 dress was stunning! I ended up ordering straps from Etsy due to me being a bit on the busty side. However, I have to say that the dress did seem to stretch over the course of the evening. This is typical of any dress no matter how tight they make alterations. The dress was beautiful and made me feel like a queen!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Katie · Married on 09/20/2015

I went to Here Comes the Bride for my dress because my sister-in-law got her dress there and recommended that I look there. Rose and Diane were excellent. I was slightly late to my appointment due to traffic and the winter. Rose and Diane were understanding and still gave me their time and attention. They allowed me to try on every style of dress. This was so helpful to be able to see all the options. I was unsure which dress I wanted, but I never felt pressured to buy the dress right then. I did go home and think about it before purchasing. I did end up picking the dress from Here Comes the Bride. I loved not feeling pressured to pick the dress on the spot. I got my alterations done at Here Comes the Bride as well and the dress fit perfectly! It was tight when I first got it, but they reassured me that it would loosen slightly over the evening from wear and it did! I got so many compliments about my dress and how perfectly it fit my body and personality! Thanks Here Comes the Bride!

Sent on 10/25/2015

As the mother of the bride, I really enjoyed shopping for a wedding dress with my daughter. We visited many shops and she tried on many lovely dresses, however, she never felt like she had found THE ONE until we went to Here Comes the Bride. Upon arrival, we were a little skeptical. It doesn't look like much from the outside. However, we had a wonderful experience. Diane helped us and she immediately started pulling dresses that suited my daughter's style. In fact, the first dress that Diane selected is the one my daughter ended up with. Like other shops, they have a lot of dresses to order, but they also have one-of-a-kind dresses that you won't see elsewhere. Diane was very patient with us and gave us plenty of time to try on other dresses and to come to a decision. Prices were very reasonable. We would definitely recommend this shop.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/12/2015

Don't let first appearances fool you- the strip mall boutique may not initially catch your eye, but it is a complete gem inside! We had visited multiple bridal boutiques prior to our appointment day, but immediately felt something different about this store when we entered. First, they were the only store we visited that allowed me to page through the racks of dresses which I loved. Secondly, they have a unique offering of sample dresses, which are one of a kind designs from designers that never take the dress to mass production. This is how I found my perfect dress! It was the first dress Diane selected for me after I described my vision, and I knew that it was the one! They offer very unique designs at great prices, and I later returned for my veil. Would highly recommend shopping here!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Jaimelee · Married on 06/14/2015

I cannot express how much I loved Here Comes the Bride! I visited quite a few dress stores (some chain, some boutiques) before coming to Here Comes the Bride. All of the employees were great and the manager, Diane, is amazing! They helped me find the perfect dress and made everything simple for me--something that is especially important because we're getting married in the Chicagoland area but we live over 800 miles away. Since I do not live locally, they also worked with me and I'll be able to have a fitting a few weeks before the wedding when I get into town.

I loved this place so much that we came back and found bridesmaids' dresses here too! The bridesmaids' dresses were made and shipped in the wrong color and the wonderful women at Here Comes the Bride resolved the problem immediately then called to inform me about it--the new dresses were then sent in the correct color without any problems.

This shop has been the best wedding vendor I've worked with and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/01/2015

Beth · Married on 06/13/2015

A boutique shop that has a variety of options and willing to help customize a dress to make it your own. The staff was very helpful to make sure that every button has been looked at and stich fixed-- quality service from owner to seamstress. My dress was altered to fit me--sweetheart neckline, took out the corset to add in a zipper with buttons and boning to make my waist look impeccable. They even help hem my dress 1 week before my wedding due a shoe issue.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/16/2015

I went here to look for my sister's dress and even though she did not purchase hers from here I was so impressed I started referring all of my friends to Here Comes the Bride. When it came to me looking for my wedding gown I knew I would find it here. I have never worked with a friendlier group of women for not only my wedding but another I am a bridesmaid in. They take time to answer all my questions and even notify me right away when they get certain sample gowns in I am looking at for my girls. Very good prices. Incredible service!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Jaimee · Married on 03/27/2015

I came to HCTB after going dress shopping with my sister in law. Diane is such a pleasure to work with and makes you feel comfortable and works within your budget. I found my dress my first day even trying on dresses. She couldn't have made it an easier process for me and my dress came out to be $300 under my budget. I Would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Allie · Married on 03/21/2015

So, when I first pulled into the older strip mall that this store was located in I was a little nervous. But my mom made me go in and I am so happy she did because I found my dress here! Their selection is amazing and they have tons of unique dresses that I hadn't seen at any other dress stores. Every single person we met with and dealt with there was so wonderful and nice. They were patient with me when I tried on a million different dress, even though I saw the one that I knew would be mine right away (and that was the one). The woman who did the alterations was also amazing! She was so patient with me, especially when I had to call and stop alterations because I had to get new shoes (sorry again!). My dress was stunning when I bought it but I did make some significant changes to make it fit my style more (removed the train, removed some layers of tool, removed beading and added a belt). She did it all seamlessly! My dress was perfect and stunning and everyone was telling me that all night at my wedding. Thank you so much to everyone at Here Comes the Bride.

Sent on 03/29/2015

I was a plus-size bride and very nervous about dress shopping. I couldn't find anything that I liked in the chain stores. Most boutiques carried mostly small sizes - I was told to just hold the dress up in front of me and decide whether I wanted to buy it or not. HOWEVER - Here Comes the Bride was AMAZING. They had a large selection of sizes to try on and they were the same gowns available in small sizes (not the dowdy ones made only in plus size). It really helps when you can actually get the gown on - some were even too big. The service and prices were great too. Our wedding and reception were 2 weeks apart, and I even went back to have my dress shortened at Here Comes the Bride. The seamstress was so friendly and everything turned out perfectly.

Sent on 01/07/2015

I loved shopping at Here Comes the Bride for my wedding in October 2014! After trying on dresses at other stores, I was tired of being ushered to a separate room for the "plus size" dresses. I'm a size 16 and had a general idea of what I wanted my dress to look like. I found Here Comes the Bride by chance and am SO thankful that I did. Their selection was great (for any size bride) and the employees were wonderful! I felt comfortable in the small shop and enjoyed trying on several different dresses. When it was time to order my dress, the woman who measured me did an amazing job! The length of my dress was perfect, and the only alteration I needed was to have the chest tacked down a little bit. I would highly recommend Here Comes the Bride to anyone looking for their wedding dress and an all around great experience!

Sent on 03/21/2015

I found this place by the recommendation of a friend and could not recommend it more highly. Don't be mis-led by the fact that it is located in a strip mall out in the suburbs - it is a great family owned business with a large selection of high quality gowns and wonderful service. After having tried on at several locations and not finding a dress I loved, I was I happily surprised to find many gowns here that fit my vision. Even better, while I was busy pulling some options that were true contenders, they found the gown I had seen online and could not find anywhere else.

They made the process enjoyable and were not high pressure when I was not ready to purchase the same day I tried on even though I knew it was "the" dress (I wanted my Mom to see it before I purchased). They were professional, but with the personal feel of a family owned shop. Needless to say I bought my wedding dress here and could not be happier. I also had the alternations done here and was extremely pleased with the price and the fit of my dress.

Since I got my dress, I've recommended Here Comes the Bride to several other friends who also found their dresses here. I highly recommend looking here to find your wedding gown - you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 02/04/2015

Carrie · Married on 08/31/2014

I highly recommend Here Comes the Bride for all your wedding needs. I dealt mostly with the owner, Rose. She is very nice and most importantly, honest. I told her the type of dress I had in mind and my price point and she brought a bunch of dresses in the room. I'm happy to say I found my dress that day. I also ended up buying all my accessories (minus my shoes) at Here Comes the Bride. When it was time for alterations, I was in and out in a half hour. The alterations came out perfect. Rose and her entire staff made my dress buying experience smooth and stress-free! You won't be dissapointed!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Kristi · Married on 08/16/2014

I purchased my wedding dress from Here Comes the Bride and it was an absolute pleasure from start to finish!! I shopped at 3 other dress stores and they really couldn't compare to the level of service and professionalism that I received from Here Comes the Bride. The alterations were perfect, I added straps to my strapless dress and they looked amazing - the alterations department got my vision exactly correct. I will recommend this store to all my girlfriends in the future!

Sent on 08/25/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/09/2014

They are great. My dress wasn't due to come in till a week before my wedding, but they never fretted one bit and it came in two weeks before and they fitted it perfectly to me!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

I knew what dress I wanted and found it at Here Comes The Bride. They pulled it and had it ready and other styles that I wanted to try or they thought I would like before I got there. They were very friendly and patient. After I had found my dress, they even let us try on bridesmaids dresses for ideas. I got my veil and hairpiece from there at all good prices. My dress was a good price too. They alter your dress there and know what they are doing. I only needed it altered once at the end and fit perfectly! I would definitely recommend this bridal shop!

Sent on 08/05/2014