56 Reviews for Helga's Caterers

Tastings (1)
Vegan (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
56 Helga's Caterers Reviews

Helga's did a wonderful job catering for my daughter's wedding. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Both the food and the service was terrific and all the guests loved them

Profile Picture Tanya, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I could not have asked for more at our wedding last month. Helga's was incredible, professional, and accommodating. I think all of our guests went back for seconds and thirds, the cake was delicious, there was never a back-up at the bar, the staff had plates ready for my husband and me at both the cocktail hour and the dinner, the buffet and cocktail hour display looked gorgeous ... I could go on. Everything just ran perfectly (with no wedding coordinator) and it really helped me enjoy every second of our wedding. So many caterers didn't even bother to write me back with a proposal while - it sounds silly to say - Helga's acted like they actually wanted our business. Michael and his staff worked very well with me, our DJ, and our venue. I would hire Helga's again without hesitation and would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Diane, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Helga's has catered two of my daughters weddings and on both occasions I was thrilled beyond my expectations! Two daughters to go and I will certainly look to Helga's again. Love the staff; professional but friendly and very easy to work with. Food was outstanding.

Profile Picture Joyce, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Helga's did an amazing job catering our wedding! The food was delicious, and the wait staff and bartenders were friendly and attentive to our every need. We had several children attending the wedding, and Helga's had a special children's buffet for them, which was a hit as well! Helga's also helped with the set up for the wedding and the reception. We had originally planned for an indoor wedding, but then changed it to an outdoor wedding halfway through the set up. Not a single people complained, and I had comments about how professional they were with the set up and clean up. We did not have to worry about little set up details, because Helga's had it all covered!

Profile Picture Susan, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Flexible, patient, and easy to work with. I worked with Michael and Lynda from Helgas, who catered both our rehearsal dinner and reception - the food was excellent and they were adaptive and professional throughout.

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/5/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Gluten Free, Vegan, Buffet, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Clean Up, Set Up

They did a wonderful job and were very flexible on the day. We had many changes due to weather and they sorted it all out really well and the day was a success! The food was delicious and would recommend them to anyone looking for professional catering!

Profile Picture chris, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Helga's did a wonderful job with the catering for our wedding. They were confident, collaborative, and responsive throughout our planning process, giving us piece of mind. We love that they are a family-owned business and it shows in the care, attention, and flexibility they gave us. They are the best value compared to other vendors in the area, and the food tasted great.

We ended up having some last minute guest number changes they allowed us to accommodate, and facilitated some difficult scoping conversations with our venue. We highly recommend Michael and his team!

Profile Picture Alyona, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Helga's catered our June wedding - they did a great job! The buffet was attractively arranged, the food was delicious. Michael was great to work with in the planning stage. The wait staff was attentive to details and worked to make the event run smoothly.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Helga's Caterers did an outstanding job and we loved working with them on our wedding on June 19, 2016 . Michael and every single one of his staff members were awesome and very helpful. The food was delicious and Michael made sure we had bilingual staff - since most of our family only speak spanish. The staff really made it easy for us to have a great (stress free) time at our wedding…and for that, we could not thank you enough. We sincerely thank Helga's Caterers for every detail (big or small) that you put into our wedding reception. We couldnt have wished for a more wonderful night. We highly recommend them for your event, you wont be disappointed.

Profile Picture Alejandra, 6/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Helga's Caterers did an incredible job for our wedding winery reception from start to finish! They handled everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! They were full service and were able to handle our cocktail hour passed out hors d'oeuvres, our modified speciality cocktail bar, our buffet style dinner, and even our desserts AND wedding cake! It was SO much easier using one vendor for all of our food/liquor/equipment needs. The entire staff did a great job setting up, they were gracious to our guests and helped prepare plates for us and our parents. We were concerned about clean up but they did an excellent job and all of our guests raved about the food. In fact, most guests went back for seconds so there wasn't much leftover food. Now, that's a great indicator of excellent food! We highly recommend Helga's Caterers - Michael, the owner was a delight to work with, and would use them again!

Profile Picture Grace, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake

Helga's did an excellent job at our wedding on 7/25/15! Mike Evans was incredibly helpful and flexible throughout the planning process. He allowed us to do a tasting of menu options and was completely open to changes and substitutions. The food was great, the menu options were extensive, and the prices were so reasonable- much more affordable than any other caterer we looked into! The reception went very smoothly, the setup and cleanup were quick, and the details of the room/decor/layout plan were exactly as discussed before the event. I would recommend Helga's to anyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Helga’s Caterers was absolutely the BEST choice to cater our special day, July 25, 2015. The wedding brunch reception catered by Helga’s accommodated about 70 guests. It included an open bar & AMAZING food: all managed by a well-staffed, poised team.

Mike and his group made our day absolutely incredible! Everyone was extremely professional from the onset of our relationship. His attention to detail and sincere willingness to make you live in that moment is authentic and refreshing. They seemed to have a sixth sense about our needs, as their client.

Helga’s held our guests in awe: from the crisp, color-coordinated linens and the perfectly-creased napkins, to the evenly sliced tender beef sirloin and miniature crab cakes (with a *delicious* remoulade sauce). The blended drinks were delightfully smooth, and accentuated with an array of freshly-manicured summer fruits. The entire combination was better than we could have dreamt.

To have such an elite caterer provide an exceptional meal with bartending for a reasonable price is unheard of nowadays. My husband and I had a very tight budget and footed 95% of our wedding costs, so we felt deep relief when Mike assured us of his willingness and ability to help create a 5-star menu within our meager budget. Unlike other caterers have done with friends, Helga’s didn’t surprise us with hidden costs/overhead. For Helga’s, their focus was on the food and satisfying the client. Working with Helga’s Caterers was like working with family – even better, in fact! We are so very grateful.

Anyone who is looking for an all-inclusive, affordable caterer that will provide great food, beautiful linen decorum options and exceptional assistance should definitely book Helga’s.

C & J

Profile Picture User5440031, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I highly recommend Helga's Catering after such a positive experience with them catering my wedding reception in June 2015 in Ashburn, VA. Michael was great to work with. He responded to communication very quickly, was flexible with requests and served great food. Definitely contact Helga's if you're looking for a caterer!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/27/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

This was the second wedding that Helga's did for us. So impressed with their service that we would use them for any catering event.

Profile Picture Janice, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We loved having Helga's catering for our wedding in June 2015 in Northern VA. Michael was extremely professional, flexible and knowledgeable about wedding receptions. His staff did an incredible job. Our guests loved the food. Helga's was the most reasonably priced of all the caterers we looked at and we would highly recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User6042605, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I have NOTHING but wonderful things to say about Helgas Catering! What an excellent experience and easy one too! Everyone was so great and Mike was such a breath of fresh air to always work with. He was very patient with all of our questions and very understanding to dietary limitations in the family. The staff was beyond excellent and their customer service was top notch. We are still getting compliments on the food as well! We chose buffet style and it was delicious! We were very determined to sit down ourselves and eat, and we made sure it happened! :) I also can not stress enough how happy and pleasantly surprised we were with the cost. We had over 200 guests and Helgas catering was the most affordable catering company we found in the Northern Virginia area! Whew!!! Thank you guys for making our day so special and delicious! I highly recommend working with this company!! Cheers!

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Helga's Catering was amazing to work with and the food was delicious! We wanted to do a BBQ-style buffet, but that's about the extent of detail we had reached before meeting with Michael Evans at Helga's. The food at the tasting was absolutely delicious, but the main thing that sold us on Helga's was how comfortable Michael made us feel. We met with him again the week before the wedding and he was very accommodating with the few changes we wanted to make. We felt confident that he would take care of everything, and his demeanor and obvious expertise was incredibly reassuring for a stressed out bride! The day of our wedding was perfect, the waitstaff were incredible, the food was delicious, and the linens perfectly matched the vibe we were going for! We definitely recommend Helga's to other couples and would choose them as our caterer again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture User3959722, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

It's safe to say when a bride and/or groom is searching for wedding vendors, we're all looking for professional, capable, organized, high quality, and reasonable vendors. That's a very hard thing to find, especially in the DC area, but contracting Helga's was one of the best decisions we ever made.

The owner, Michael, is a treat to work with. He's very smart, provides honest advice and feedback, and the food was fantastic. To be honest, food wasn't one of our top 4 priorities for our big day, and we chose Helga's based on positive reviews and their reasonable cost. We were exceptionally pleased with the flavor and quality of the food, and our guests are still raving about it

This is a no-brainer for any couple thats looking for the peace of mind that comes with hiring an experienced, reliable caterer

Profile Picture Liz, 10/4/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

One of the main reasons we chose Helga’s is primarily because of the excellent customer service of Linda. Followed up with us so that things didn’t slip thru the cracks. Cut us a deal on the price. Was very professional. The actual servers were very professional too.

Profile Picture User4468101, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Helga's catered our 100 person wedding in August and they were amazing. The food at the wedding tasted exactly as it had at the tasting (which I have heard is not always true with wedding caterers). The service was amazing. They kept bringing us water and beer and even made a special to-go box for my husband and I since we barely ate during the reception. They made us a special plate of food for our short quiet time right after the ceremony.

Michael was great with all the logistics. He visited the venue with us when we asked, he made sure every food item was vegetarian (since we had a vegetarian wedding) and was just a great guy to work with.

I didn't have to worry about anything with the catering. My guests raved about the food! Overall, it was just an amazing experience. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is having a wedding or a large party. My husband and I are going to keep their information for any future parties.

Profile Picture User3851292, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everyone at Helga's seems to be both extremely patient and professional. This is exactly what any bride needs! I strongly recommend Helga's, especially if you are trying to work within a budget and if you tend to have a lot of questions, as Michael really never fails to field questions with courtesy and patience. Just as important is the food and presentation, which were both fantastic at our wedding reception. The food was delicious and the staff was professional and capable. I especially appreciated being able to count on the team captain to keep things flowing during the wedding reception, as we did not have a professional day-of coordinator.

Profile Picture User4213266, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We worked with Michael for our small-ish wedding (55 adults and 5-6 children).

Throughout the entire process, Michael was helpful, friendly and accommodating. He provided a beautiful spread at an affordable price. His staff were professional, warm and provided excellent service.

Many of the guests told us how good the food tasted. It was delicious. I would use Helga's again for any event!

Profile Picture Monica, 3/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband and I were planning a wedding on a Marine Corps schedule.... from out of town. We didn't have the luxury (or pleasure!) of getting to taste test our way through the wedding planning process to choose our favorite. Instead, we relied on recommendations from our venue, and chose the caterer that gave us the best deal with the best reviews, and was responsive to work with! We chose Helga's after The Briar Patch B&B advertised a special package deal that included appetizers, the main course, china and linen rentals, and the waitstaff/bartender we needed! We never met in person before the wedding day and I'd never even gotten to try the food we selected, but what an incredible experience!

Helga's Caterers went above and beyond both before and after the wedding. Their staff was fun, helpful and attentive every step of the way, the place settings were beautiful, the food DELICIOUS, and their event staff really rolled with the punches! My brother surprised my husband with a keg of root beer soda, and we didn't tell Helga's that it was coming (oversight!). Without skipping a beat, the bartender tapped the keg and started serving root beer. When another family member showed up with unplanned ice cream at the reception to make root beer floats, Helga's staff started preparing floats and table serving them to our guests!

My family and friends had rave reviews about the food, but I can't express enough how big of a role Helga's Catering played in making our day so incredibly special even down to the smallest detail. They went above and beyond to provide a fun experience for our guests, and I would highly recommend them for future events!

Profile Picture Katie, 12/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

From the start Helgas catering made an impression ! They were the first to call and and have a conversation with me vs just emailing me. From then their service was exceptional !
Through the whole process from start to finish they were beyond helpful , working with our budget and many of our diy needs ( I did most of my own decorations !) Whenever I called they always made time for me and either Lynda or Micheal was so patient with me answering questions, changing details , and at times were my sounding board just to assure I had everything covered !
When it came to the wedding day everyone from the maitre’d and wait staff to the bartenders , all were so attentive and pleasant to work with ! I even had to give Francisco ( maitre’de) a hug for his outstanding service which he then gave us such sweet marriage advice ! Lynda also came by to wish us well and make sure everything went smoothly! At one point their was an emergency regarding wine ( we brought our own alcohol ) that I found out way later because my wedding coordinator and Lynda took care of it so fast ! The food was exceptional and our guests still rave on it and was kept warm throughout the wedding ( we had a buffet.)
Overall if you’re looking for catererers that really do focus on their clients and details while giving incredible service Helgas is the way to go! It turned out that our photogragher used them for her wedding and our best man who just got engaged plan to use them for their wedding in September 2018 ! You won’t be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Zorana, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s)