Helen G Events Reviews

88 | James Hill, JM

88 Reviews for Helen G Events

Carian · Married on 08/15/2015

I was searching for a wedding planner that was professional, efficient and actually responded to my needs and queries in a timely manner. I was pleasantly surprised when I found Helen who embodied all these characteristics. I contracted Helen's services at the tail end of my planning and required her assistance for tying up the final details, partial decoration and day of event coordination. Suffice it to say, I was blown away when I saw how she transformed the venue and brought my ideas to life. Would definitely recommend her to anyone interested in quality service.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Anna-Lisa · Married on 01/05/2015

The welcome gift baskets that Helen made for my destination wedding guests were gorgeous. I would definitely use her again if I had another special event in Jamaica.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Neville · Married on 11/30/2013

Helen and her staff provided the best service one could ever ask for. Everything was thought out to a tee. We got good value for our money. We forgot to take something that we wanted to use. They went out of their way to get it. I would recommend them to all our friends.
    Neville Davis

Sent on 12/17/2013

Brandy · Married on 06/19/2013

4.2
      3.5

Everything was wonderful. Helen was a joy to work with and I would use her again if I went back to Jamaica. I had a beautiful intimate ceremony and it was just as I imagined.

Sent on 06/28/2013

4.2

It was a pleasure working with her.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Laurel · Married on 07/13/2013

3.5

Helen was everything that we could have asked for on the day of the wedding. She was attentive, timely, and professional. In many ways she went above and beyond what I felt her job description was in helping us to plan for our stay in Jamaica and smoothing over difficulties and anxieties when in Jamaica. There is difficulty in planning a wedding from another country, and Helen was able to come through and deliver on what we asked.

I think that Helen could improve on her communication and the timeliness of her responses, as missed deadlines and lags in communication did elevate our stress levels significantly throughout the planning process. In some cases however, these issues in communication came from issues with other vendors. Overall, we were satisfied, and would recommend her.

Sent on 08/02/2013

Kaydiann · Married on 09/01/2012

3.5

I really love the way Helen goes beyond just planning to caring for my emotional health. She has a way of calming things when it got overwhelming or crazy.

Sent on 09/17/2012

3.8
      3.5

We used Helen G Events to help put together our welcome bags for our destination wedding. We found them online and really liked their pictures. Helen was really easy to work with and had our bags delivered to our resort the same day we checked in- they were better than expected! Our guests loved them, it was the perfect warm welcome we were looking for!

Sent on 04/28/2014

3.4
      3.0
      3.0

The wedding was beautiful helen did a fantastic job. However not all my requirements where met which disapointed me as they were personal requirements to make our day special. If they couldn't have been done I would have rather been told than ignored.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Jazmin · Married on 03/17/2018

2.8
      2.0
      2.0
      2.5
      3.5

I was very specific on how I wanted the decor for my wedding ceremony and reception, and Helen and her team brought some of my vision to fruition. My husband and I also flew to Jamaica 5 months prior to our wedding to meet with Helen to discuss the logistics and decor for our wedding this past weekend. The decor was decent, but I figured that I would receive the "wow" factor for the price I paid, but the decor was just okay.
    1) I requested each chair tie for each chivalry chair in the reception which was missing.
    2) none of the floating candles were actually lit
    3) I requested votive candles for each table and those were completely missing
    I would recommend a couple to hire Helen as their decorator but also meet with her prior to your big day to really finalize how you want your decor.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Kassim · Married on 09/04/2016

0.6
      1.0
      1.0

Recently had a wedding in Montego Bay, Jamaica where Helen G was our wedding planner. Definitely contemplated writing this review for over a month, but I believe in transparency. If you are vendor, and you blatantly under-perform, I believe others should be made aware, before they make their decision. Getting time with her to discuss our wedding was like pulling teeth. I wondered who was paying who at times. On the day, there were things that were haphazardly organized. On top of it all, I received a complaint from a guest who said our wedding planner "was rude to them," which was the straw that broke the camel's back. When we communicated the issues there was a level of arrogance to suggest that "we didn't have to recommend her if we didn't want to." Also, a piece of property belonging to us has gone missing and there has been a complete lack of urgency and nonchalance to track it down. She also did not work well with our decor provider and overall her services were subpar, at best.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Helen G Events's reply:

At Helen G Events we pride ourselves in delivering excellent service to all our clients including the ones that challenge us as your many positive reviews attest to.

This client booked our services close to their wedding because they were not getting along with their current planner & one other planner refused to work with them. With this client we accommodated consultations at various hours & even during an event on a Sunday a face to face consultation was requested & I accommodated this during my clients event. A consultation was requested for after 8:00 p.m. at night or close to that time & I could not accommodate it.

The client left of the names of some persons off the guest list & I asked these persons to please wait while I seat the other persons on the list so I could see what tables had empty chairs or spaces. We tried our best & if this is being rude we are sorry.

Also if a client is contacting us one month or more after their wedding to find an item which is missing, which we had no prior knowledge that it was missing and we have tried along with the venue to find it but it cannot be tracked what recourse do we have? Why didn't you contact us earlier?

There are many instances we could recount where because the client did not trust the process it was just that more difficult for them & us. This event despite the challenges went well there were no disasters, everything was delivered & all vendors delivered a successful event despite the challenges and we were thanked in the Grooms Reply and by other vendors and guests commented they had a good time.

We relish all reviews as its an opportunity to learn for the future & we have in this case.

Krystal · Married on 10/07/2017

0.4
      0.5

My husband and I hired Helen to plan our dream wedding in Jamaica. We had it almost paid in full to her when my husband got sick with cancer. We ended up having to cancel the wedding. Helen said she would give us our money back until it came time to actually pay us back. She had every excuse in the book. She was waiting on vendors, then she was sick. She would not return my emails for months. Then when my husband ended up passing away, i tried to contact her again to get the money back to help with funeral expenses and still no refund. This woman has no heart and i would not recommend her to my worst enemy. It has been over a year now and she is still not responding to my emails. Very unprofessional.

Sent on 07/17/2018

0.0

Helen G Event Planning & Design embezzled $34,555 USD from my wedding guests who had sent money to her through Citibank and Paypal for their hotel accommodations. Upon arriving to the hotel none of the 40+ guest rooms were fully paid for even though all the money was collected at least 1 month before arrival. In order for my guests not to be thrown out of the hotel I had to max out 2 of my credit cards to pay for their rooms. Helen G Event Planning & Design claimed that she wired the money a day before we arrived but accidentally put the wrong account # on the wire transaction. NOT TRUE as Citibank confirmed that the wire receipt of $34,555 USD she provided us as proof of payment did not match their bank's records. They confirmed the amount was only $3,500 USD sent to a Money Market Broker account.

Within a week of the so-called "wire mis-hap" and us threatening imprisonment, the owner of Helen G Event Planning & Design hired a lawyer to showcase that she was serious about repaying the money. Four months later I haven't received an explanation for what she did with the $ and I have had to hire a lawyer to get reimbursed for the monies over $30k USD that I had to pay the hotel 2 days before my wedding. I have spent approximately $1K USD in fees due to her indiscretion (lawyer, phone, credit card finance fees). Also she had the AUDACITY to try to collect commission from the hotel despite the fact that she didn't pay for the rooms and her contract clearly states that she isn't supposed to take commission from vendors (she has another company named Holiday Solutions which she tried to use to collect the commission). Don't worry the hotel ended up not paying her the commission and have blocked Helen G Event Planning & Design/Holiday Solutions from doing business with them until further notice as she failed to honor the contract with them.

Also her contract is MISLEADING as she charges a miscellaneous fee to all of her clients—ours was $706 even though we signed a flat fee contract. From my experience, I would NEVER recommend Helen G Event Planning & Design which also has operations called Holiday Solutions and rentjamaica as they were all involved in this fraudulent act.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Helen G Events's reply:

At Helen G Events we are disappointed when a client we have worked with walks away unhappy and angry, and we strive at all times to resolve any problems that may arise. We strive also to learn from all our clients experiences both negative and positive, so that we can continue to grow and improve and serve our clients the best way possible. We have been in business since 2004, and you can see our many positive reviews and our many past clients who still support us even years after their wedding and events and who count among our over 7000 Facebook fans speak for itself.