Helen G Events Reviews

88 | James Hill, JM

88 Reviews for Helen G Events

Juliette · Married on 08/27/2016

We used Helen and her team for floral, decor and lighting for our wedding ceremony, reception and rehearsal dinner at Roundhill Resort and Villas.
    We had a vague idea of what we liked from looking on Pinterest etc but the final layout of the space and the number of guests was in flux for a long time but Helen was very flexible. But most importantly she was able to interpret what we had tried to describe into a beautiful pulled together look across the two days. The floral arrangements were gorgeous but it was the lighting and accessories that really impressive - both events were at dusk and the lighting really highlighted the decor. Helen was very responsive by email which was important because we were organising from Europe. She was also able to work independently with the wedding coordinator from the hotel.
    All in all we were really happy with the process and final product. It was exactly what we wanted and very pain free and excellent value for money.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Claire · Married on 06/01/2016

Our wedding reception Helen planned for us was everything and more. We were truly pleased. We had a great time and all our guests enjoyed it all. Helen was a lovely lady and all her staff were very friendly and professional. We will recommend Helen G to all our friends for any future weddings or parties in Jamaica.

Sent on 06/10/2016

We organised everything by email, so we had to trust Helen to be doing the right thing. She didn't let us down. Everything she promised was delivered and we had a perfect day.

Sent on 03/29/2016

Rachael · Married on 10/19/2015

We used Helen G for wedding favours for our destination wedding, she always replied swiftly and when there was a problem with our design, she designed labels that were better than the originals!! We asked for them to be delivered to our hotel- within 2 hours of checking in there were delivered, well packaged with care. All our guests were thrilled with their Jamaican favours- I would highly recommend Heather's services and wouldn't hesitate to use her again

Sent on 10/20/2015

We got personalized Appleton rum bottles with our photo on them. The product was excellent

Sent on 12/13/2014

Cora · Married on 11/08/2014

I recently got married at Secrets Wild Orchid and I just knew that I wanted something extra special for my flowers. I contacted Helen and she immediately responded! She has been an absolute dream to work with, letting me know what flowers she could get in and which ones she couldn't. I sent her my "inspiration bouquets" and when I received them the day of my wedding, they were even more beautiful then I could possibly imagine. Seriously, I couldn't get over how they gorgeous they turned out. They were EXACTLY what I wanted. I can't recommend Helen enough, you won't regret it ladies!!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Tim · Married on 06/05/2014

Helen G made this day a great and positive one for us! When we didn't know the ins and outs of Jamaica being from Australia, we relied heavily on the expertise of Helen and her team which shone beautifully! We would highly recommend her to anyone in Jamaica!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Emily · Married on 09/09/2013

Helen was a huge asset to me in planning my wedding. Originally the hotel I was with was a little bit slow in responses and I was getting incredibly frustrated. Helen was able to mediate the relationship between and provided so much assistance in terms of timing on the day of, decorations and keeping everyone organized. She managed all vendors for me which was so useful as I never had to be there to greet anyone at reception, tell them where they needed to go next, all I had to think about was getting a beer and corralling family for photos. She was so friendly and warm, incredibly quick to respond and I would recommend her to anyone interested in a destination wedding. Having a dedicated planner will greatly ease your minds if you are a controlling bride, or will take care of everything if you are a bride that doesn't care about much else except marrying the man of your dreams.

Thanks Helen!

Sent on 09/25/2013
  • O

oneesh · Married on 05/11/2013

Helen and her team which includes dj, video, photo, sax, steelpan, was awesome. As I explained to her I needed this wedding to be magical for my bride to be and she delivered. The food was exceptional (eskay). Colors and decor was beautiful. Our wedding was the talk about in st Elizabeth amongst family and friends. It was an amazing sucess and experience for us both.

Sent on 05/21/2013

Kasmine · Married on 08/12/2011

Helen and her team delivered us the wedding day of our dreams!
    Helen is reliable, professional and a perfectionist!

We are exceptionally pleased with the service that Helen provided. She removed most of the elements of stress that come with planning a 'destination wedding'. For all of the services we requested Helen researched different vendors and gave us quotes to help us make choices that kept us within our budget yet still gave us a stunning day!

Our wedding day ran smoothly and Helen's team made our guests feel well looked after; the team's presence meant that my husband and I didn't have to think about anything accept each other, which meant that we got to enjoy every moment of our day!

We'd highly recommend Helen G Events

Sent on 03/01/2012

Cheri · Married on 11/11/2018

We were so pleased with Helen and her team! Steve and I were married on Dec 3rd, for what turned out to be a sunset ceremony on the beach. There was some concern about the weather that day, as it was drizzling that morning. Helen was already prepared with an alternate location when I called her regarding my concern! She absolutely transformed the rooftop terrace where the reception was held, too! The villa was almost unrecognizable!! She was very patient with me (as a first time bride), too! :-) She was very responsive when we had any questions regarding the process We LOVED the DJ she hired, too! He was so great with my 8 year old niece; even allowing her to look at his song selection, and add a few to the playlist! He really catered to our group!

Sent on 01/10/2012

susan · Married on 07/12/2016

We recently got married at Firefly Oracabessa. We used Helen G Events as our wedding organiser she was absolutely fabulous everything was just as I wanted we loved it. We were running about 1 hour late but nothing was a problem and all went according to plan. I would recommend for the support, professionalism and the excellent communication.
    Thank you Helen we have amazing memories. x

Sent on 07/30/2016

Helen G Events went the extra mile to make the flowers and décor exceptional. They were very responsive to my requests and made suggestions on how my ideas could be improved. I am very please with the service that I received

Sent on 05/06/2016

Edmane M. · Married on 05/23/2015

I will re commande Helen G. Event to anyone. In fact I aready recommend her to two people . One of them attended the wedding and he has seeing all the performance. Secondly I spoke to my niece who was attended but heard about it. He was amazed

Sent on 06/10/2015

Denese · Married on 05/02/2015

Helen and her staff were so helpful and friendly and on point with all your wishes, the pressure you would normally feel when planning your wedding wasn't even there thanks to them. #verysatisfiedcustomer

Sent on 05/11/2015

Jodi · Married on 03/26/2015

Helen and her staff did an awesome job pulling everything together on the wedding day. The ceremony space and reception area were absolutely beautiful. It was not easy planning a wedding from a long distance but Helen captured everything I told her I had envisioned for the day. She was able to deal with last minute issues that arose at the resort. I could not have done it without her.

Sent on 04/02/2015

CarolAnn · Married on 12/05/2014

We would like to thank Helen, so much for the Wedding favors, we received great compliments from our guests. I was extremely pleased with the end product. We were travelling from Canada, and we were hoping to probably pay 50% before and the remainder after delivery, because we were not sure what to expect. But everything turned out great!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/15/2014

Helen G events made beautiful welcome baskets for guests of my destination wedding in Jamaica. The guests loved them! She was very timely and delivered them to our resort. The basket was well-made and very nice.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Alice · Married on 12/21/2013

Helen events did a wonderful job in decorating the wedding reception and church. Everything was done with class and to my expectations.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Reena · Married on 04/25/2012

The main service we required from Helen was the day-of coordination, to make sure that everything ran smoothly and on-schedule. She obviously takes her title of Coordinator very seriously, as everything was perfect on the day of our wedding. Although we contracted our own vendors for catering, cake, and photography, she still corresponded with them to make sure we got what we paid for.
    She will follow up with her clients when she hasn't heard from them in a while to make sure they are doing okay, and will always make herself available for suggestions or advice.
    She provides her clients with documents and forms to fill out so that all details are covered.
    Helen and her team are absolutely great!

Sent on 05/06/2012

Kay · Married on 05/28/2016

I used Helen for my flowers. I had them delivered to my resort. Helen was quick to respond to emails and calls. It's very hard planning a destination wedding so for me I needed someone who was quick to respond back to emails. As for other vendors that I looked at in Jamaica, it was taking 2-3months for some florists just to respond and when they did respond back, the quotes were very pricey. I was quite impressed with the quality of the flowers and they were delivered just as I had sent to her in pictures.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Edonine · Married on 05/23/2015

3.0

Helen was the best! My mother, sister and I fell in love with her the Frist time we meet. She was polite, professional and inviting.
    My wedding theme was very specific with the help of my Wedding Planner HELEN; I was able to make the wedding of my dreams a reality. My wedding was in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I live in New York so I needed someone of her expertise. Helen took care of most of the work and I was able to be stress free….planning for my wedding…. I would definitely recommend anyone to hire Helen to plan their wedding especial if they plan to have a destination wedding in Jamaica.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/01/2015

I have to say that planning a destination wedding can be quite nerve racking and downright frustrating at times, but I'm so glad that I decided to get a little extra help from Helen G Events. I used Helen's services for wedding decor and floral arrangements due to the great reviews on Wedding Wire. I would say that these reviews are accurate and in some ways, my expectations were exceeded! I think that Helen understood my vision and the look that I wanted to achieve, but used her expertise and creativity to add/make enhancements that really helped make my whole wedding ambiance breathtaking! My guests have not stopped raving about how gorgeous everything was. Helen also knows her stuff and was familiar with the resort where I got married (Iberostar Grand), so I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Helen knew exactly what to do and worked seamlessly with the wedding coordinators at the resort to deliver my dream wedding. Helen did seem a little more expensive to me than some of the other vendors that I considered and was an added expense above and beyond what was included in our resort wedding package, but I do think you get what you pay for. It was worth it.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Keneisha · Married on 04/25/2015

Our wedding was beautiful from location to decoration, only problem I had was because of the rain we had to be back n forth. But a little showers of blessing is always good. Overall my husband and I so so love our beautiful black n white garden wedding. Thank u Helen G Event

Sent on 05/07/2015

Kerwin · Married on 08/21/2015

When having a destination wedding, hiccups are part of the process. Being clear and vocal about what you like and don't like is extremely important due to the fact that communication is limited to mostly emails and occasionally conference calls. Having a wedding planner as good as Helen G and her team, let us focus on other important details while they took care of everything down in Jamaica. I would definitely recommend making a trip down there at least once for a couple days to sit down with Helen G and her business partner. This allows everyone to get acquainted and come to a much clearer understanding of decor, ceremony space, reception space, etc. Doesn't hurt to share a few laughs as well! Also, it helps a great deal to do as much research as possible on your own time to gather as many ideas as possible. All in all, it was an experience of a lifetime. All the stress was worth it. Our wedding day could not have been any more successful and beautiful, thanks to Helen and her team.

Sent on 10/28/2015