Heimie's Haberdashery Reviews

8 | Saint Paul, MN

8 Reviews for Heimie's Haberdashery

Kate · Married on 09/22/2012

Although we didn’t buy a suit for the groom at Heimie’s, (they have VERY high end products and their prices are reflective of that) if we could have afforded it, we would have loved to. Instead, we brought in a 3 piece suit for alterations and purchased an ivory shirt for the groom. We were helped by a young gentleman with a handlebar moustache (awesome!) who was absolutely fantastic to work with! He was super knowledgeable, extremely patient and really wanted to make sure we were happy with the fit of the suit alterations and was eager to answer any of our other questions. Very helpful & overall a very good experience!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Gwyneth · Married on 11/11/2011

My husband has had multiple experiences with Heimie's for different friend's weddings and we finally were able to have them help us with our own wedding. They are so accommodating and extremely knowledgeable; a "master of their craft" if you will. They were extremely flexible with pick up times and they were in constant communication with any updates that came around. Gus was the representative that personally helped us and he managed all of our groomsmen's suits in addition to my (now) husband's. And they are an excellent place to shop even if it is not for an event such as a wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2011

Dominique · Married on 05/24/2008

We went to about a dozen other stores looking for a basic black suit for my husband to wear on our wedding day. He is an odd size and we were starting to think that we were asking for the impossible. But Heimie's had the perfect suit at a reasonable price. We walked in, were immediately shown the perfect suit, and bought it. They do alterations on site, included in the price of the suit, which was perfect for us. Everything was done on time in a professional manner. We highly recommend Heimie's Haberdashery.

Sent on 08/17/2008

Calee · Married on 05/13/2016

Full review with photos here: http://www.chimesdesign.com/blog/2016/10/19/wedding-wednesday-vendor-highlight-heimies-haberdashery-perry-bridal-boutique/

My husband really should be the one writing this review, but since that’s not his bag, I’m going to take a stab at it. I visited Heimie’s once with he to get a feel for the place. He wanted to try going full custom on his suit (which he did) and they were the place to do it.

Walking into the Haberdashery is a much different experience than going to a Men’s Wearhouse. The service was impeccable. They had a seemingly endless selection of fashions, fabrics, and styles. They are competitive pricewise and more than competitive quality-wise.

My husband got his whole outfit there (suit, tie, shoes, suspenders, etc.) and was more than pleased with Heimie’s. We bought our groomsmen’s ties there and I think that some of the other mens’ attire came from there as well. Mark did end up going fully custom with his suit, and even had his name embroidered on the inside. He did end up spending more than I did on my dress, but I got my dress at a consignment shop (see below) and he’ll wear his suit again (and can’t wait to do so!).

Sent on 10/19/2016

Cristina · Married on 06/06/2014

3.8
      3.0

Heime's is a really cool store but I was really disappointed in the service we got. Our order was forgotten about so the suits didn't come in, the groomsmen ended up having to rent (they were given a discount) and when the groom when in for his appointment he had to wait around while the salesmen chatted before getting fitted. I realize that we probably didn't spend as much as a lot of the Heime's clientele, but I still expect quality service.

Sent on 06/16/2014

2.6
      2.5
      3.0

We were referred by our close friends to use Heimie's for our suits on our wedding day. We were incredibly impressed by the store and Keith the manager was wonderful! Unfortunately, the customer service that we were given was not as impressive as the store. We met with Gus about 6 months before our wedding and talked colors and suit options with him. We were told that we could wait a month of two for the new spring colors and catalogs to be available for browsing, and so we waited. About 2 months later, we returned to the store and it was like we had never met anyone before. Gus didn't remember what colors or types of suits we were interested in purchasing and didn't have any prepared to show us, even though we had a scheduled appointment. We left our appointment with 2 options that we were going to discuss with our groomsmen. After we had discussed with our groomsmen, my husband called Heimie's to place our order. We waited 2 months and heard nothing about our suits. We then started called the shop and it took my husband a week to get a hold of anyone. Apparently the suit order wasn't sent through, or some of the suits were ready and others weren't. The explanation was not clear. Anyways, long story short, they screwed up the sizing for a few of the men's suits, didn't order the correct suits for others, and had men literally waiting until the day of the wedding to get their suits pulled together. It was highly disappointing considering the fact that we reached out to them so far in advance, and that we heard such good things from other customers. The only reason that we gave them a 3/5 was because all the men managed to be in suits on the day of our wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Beth · Married on 10/18/2014

2.2
      2.0

Heimie's has a great reputation and they came highly recommended. After my experience, I do NOT recommend them. I do feel that our salesperson was the majority of the issue, or so it seemed. I'll keep this as brief as I can but we did custom suits for all the groomsmen as well as my husband. He negotiated the outfit from head to toe, including Johnston Murphy shoes for everyone. Well, what we got was a nightmare - shoes did not arrive with attire (they gave them old rental shoes), half the suits didn't fit (even after 2+ fittings), my husbands suit came without a tie and a proper fitting shirt and to too it off they gave him a RENTAL jacket that was supposed to be custom made. I will say that management did everything to clean up the salespersons mess, but not without a ton of stress on our part. Bottom line, if you use Heimie's DO NOT pay them until you receive your items - as soon as we did the communication stopped. We were there several times over the planning period and if I never step foot in that place again it will be too soon.

Sent on 12/24/2014
  • MrsSnez

Brianne · Married on 10/05/2018

1.4
      1.5

If it weren’t for the fact that my (now) husband looked absolutely amazing on our wedding day I’d give no stars. I planned both a destination wedding and a home reception and these suits were by far the most stressful part of planning. We only ordered suits for my husband and both of our fathers, so it should not have been too complicated. I had to ask twice for the suits to even be ordered, 4 times for the correct shirts to be ordered, countless times for the correct ties and matching pocket squares to be ordered. They all wanted suspenders also and I found out after the fact that parts of those were missing (I didn’t ask for details since it was too late anyway) so none of them even got to wear the suspenders that I’m pretty sure we paid extra to have. I had asked them to sew tie patches in for me (since it was getting way too close to the day when all the ties were actually in the store) and they applied the groom’s patch to the wrong tie. When I asked them to fix it is was so crooked I had no choice but to send it back. The end result was still crooked but livable and I’d spent more than my lunch break sitting in the store. For the amount of money we paid and the reputation of the store, frankly this whole experience was unacceptable and I’ll never recommend to anyone else.

Sent on 09/17/2018