Heidi Huber Photography Reviews

View more information

4.9 out of 5 rating

Clara Married on 06/15/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I love Heidi! i met her when I was a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding in Livermore, CA in 2009. She photographed me with my date, now husband, when we had only been dating about a month.
    As soon as I started planning my June wedding in Berkeley, CA, I had my heart set on Heidi shooting us. It turned out that she also gave me the most reasonable quote, and was flexible about setting up a payment plan, so that I could have the photography paid for ahead of time, and not have to worry about payment the day of the event.
    Heidi is fun, creative, energetic, responsive, and my guests really liked her. She really knows how to capture moments and tell a story within a photo. For instance, she captured this intense stare down between my aunt and my cousin's boyfriend. It's obvious in the picture that they are about to have an epic dance off! So fun!
    My wedding looks even more fun and beautiful than I remembered it. She captured every happy moment, both candid shots and posed portraiture.
    Heidi got to know my fiance and I through conversation and at our engagement shoot at Lake Tahoe, which was included in her package. We felt so comfortable with her, so there is a certain natural intimacy that comes across in the photos.
    Leisha Married on 06/14/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Words can't express how much we loved having Heidi at our wedding. She completely nailed it as far as capturing the fun, love and memories as they unfolded throughout the night. Our day exceeded our expectations and so did Heidi's photos.

-Leisha & Missy
    Barn Married on 09/16/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi , was very professional and took great pride in her photos . She never hesitated when it came to moving people around considering us being in a small confined space . We can't wait to go back for a anniversary and have Heidi take more photos of pur happiness! Thanks Again Heidi , and so glad we yelped and found you. Barb and Derik
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Justine Married on 09/10/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi was a perfect fit for us in many ways. My husband and I had different ideas of what kind of wedding photography we liked, but we both seemed to agree that Heidi Huber's portfolio was amazing. I contacted her kind of late in the game and she was still available for our wedding date. She created a wedding package for us that we could afford and that included: 2 photographers, 6 hours of photography (which we later bumped to 8), a pre wedding consultation at the ceremony/reception site, all of the digital and film negatives in DVD format, and complete satisfaction.

Before the wedding Heidi and I had a detailed conversation about what kind of wedding photography I liked, what i was hoping for, what I dreamed about, and other details. She had me create a list of "must have" portraits so she could make a detailed timeline of family photographs. A couple days before the wedding we met Heidi for the first time at the wedding site. She was friendly, fun, quirky, and extremely excited about being involved in our wedding. The weather was a bit dicey, with storms brewing, but she was so excited that the lighting was going to be unreal that it actually made me feel better about the potential rain on our wedding day!

On the day of the wedding Heidi came to the cabin where I was getting ready and the second photographer went to the house where my husband was getting ready. They both captured "getting ready" photos with our families and wedding party. They caught some unbelievable shots during the ceremony as well, catching us at the most raw and emotional moments. Heidi knows how to make family photos look more natural and fun. She makes people laugh, gives great direction, and makes you feel relaxed. Our portraits are insane!!! She used light in ways I could never dream of. We have individual and couple shots that I can't stop looking at. She even got us out in a canoe for some really fun photos on the lake.

Heidi was able to capture the feeling of our wedding. You can see the laughter, the love, the fun, the mixing of family and friends. She disappeared into the guests and didn't disturb anyone or make them feel awkward. She even pulled us away from the party for only a minute to catch a photo of us kissing amongst our cocktail tables as the wind blew one of them over, with table cloths flying in the wind. She has an incredible eye for details like that.

Heidi's photos tell the story of our wedding. They cut straight through to the emotion. The colors are beautiful. She uses digital and film cameras. She is relaxed and fun. I am so thrilled that we chose Heidi to be our photographer, and she makes it known to us often that she was happy to be there to celebrate our wedding with us. Thanks Heidi!!!
    Christi Married on 07/09/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was recently married and am so happy with our photos! Heidi was able to capture each moment beautifully.

The day was such a whirlwind, but with Heidi as our photographer we are now able to live each moment every time we look at the pictures. She was truly able to tell our story through her work. Simply amazing!

She is creative, professional, witty, and knows how to get the job done!
    Ginger Married on 10/22/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi was our wedding photographer this fall in Napa & San Francisco. When we first started planning our wedding we weren’t going to hire a photographer and just have a close friend with a nice camera take some pictures. I am SO glad that we didn’t go this route and that Heidi was our photographer! We first met with Heidi for an engagement session. She made us feel at ease right away and we knew after just an hour that she would she would take amazing photos of our wedding.
    Heidi has an artistic eye and is a master at photographing the perfect moment. The emotion that she somehow captures in every photo is exactly what we wanted. We had a very untraditional wedding with the ceremony being at City Hall in San Francisco one day, and a gathering with our friends and family the following day in Napa. We wanted a photographer that would document our weekend in a candid fashion without all the traditional posed photos. Heidi achieved this perfectly; we did our own thing while she captured all of our moments together without ever being obtrusive. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous and we have received so many complements from our friends and family. Just like she says, her work is raw, emotional, and vibrant. In addition to being a master at her craft, Heidi is easy to work with, professional and personable. I highly recommend her to anyone that wants to save the precious memories of the day that goes by in the blink of an eye. You'll be able to revisit and cherish your memories forever through her photographs.
    Justin Married on 10/09/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi has an incredible eye. Her photos bring out the fun and excitement that was at the wedding. She was also professional, accessible, and agreeable. She is a good businesswoman, but more importantly, a great photographer. I will hire her again to capture timeless images of other events and important milestones in my life.
    Melissa Married on 10/09/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hi highly reccoment Heidi Huber for your wedding! Heidi's positive, relaxed energy calmed me down in those moments of controlled chaos. She keept things moving and allowed us to enjoy every minute of our wedding. I mean this in the nicest way: we barely noticed she was there...but, we knew she were everywhere (which is evident from all of our pictures). Her creativity and energy are inspiring. We want to thank Heidi from the bottom of our hearts for all she does! I would recommend you to any bride without hesitation.

If there is anything I can do to tell future brides what a great experience we had working with you, please let me know. I work in Sales at the Hyatt and would be happy to pass your information along to our Director of Catering so she may add you to our preferred vendors list. I would also be happy to post something on your Facebook page, yelp or whatever. Please let me know what I can do to get the word out - your talent should be shared.
    Cristina Married on 09/25/2010
    Heidi is great!

She is so professional, and gets the job done. She photographed my wedding in sept 2010 and did a phenomenal job. She worked with us before hand to let her know what we expect, and helped us stay on top of our timeline. She is funny, and had a great personality. She took the most amazing photos, my family loved them all.

Thanks Heidi!
    Missa Married on 08/14/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi is an amazing photographer! My husband and I found her work through the internet and loved it. Our engagement and wedding photos came out beautifully. We planned the photography with Heidi from afar by phone and it went well. She and her assistant were prompt and were flexible throughout the hiccups at our wedding. They even helped me keep my dress bustled so that I didn't trip through out the reception.
    Reinee Married on 08/06/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We saw Heidi's photos online and loved them, just the style and creativeness we were looking for! We met Heidi for our engagement session and then got to complete another evening session with her....we loved her! She did a beautiful job at the wedding...captured some absolutely beautiful moments, created more beautiful moments! We had a blast working with her all the way through and ended up with gorgeous memories to look at again and again. We couldn't give her a higher recommendation!
    Lenora Married on 06/26/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi is as amazing as they come! She was never "in-your-face" and incredibly accommodating. The pictures are incredible and worth every penny and then some!
    Katie Married on 05/30/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi was super awesome to work with and our pictures were gorgeous! I've had so many friends and family comment on how amazing all our photos are. My family adored Heidi and it was so great to have her be a part of our big day!
    Aimee Married on 03/20/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi was everything I wanted in a wedding photographer. I found her by accident online and fell in love with her work. She captures the moment, THAT moment, that others try to stage.

She was wonderful to work with. I gave her a heads up about all the family going into our wedding and she was incredibly tactful and patient with everyone, and while this may seem as a given, my family has some especially challenging personalities.

Over and above everything else, cause I could go on and on about how great she is - my wedding photos captured the day perfectly and I will cherish them forever.
    Jane Married on 02/23/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Having Heidi do the photography for our wedding was one of the best choices we made throughout our wedding planning process. She was fantastic to work with. Not only does she take amazing photos, she was flexible and willing to work with us on pricing, and she was fun to have around. Her attention to the details of the wedding along with her ability to capture great candid shots has left us with not only the memories that we have of the day, but also with some of the things we missed. We couldn't be happier with the photos that she took and with the work she did for us.
    Deanna Married on 02/14/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Be very specific about how you want your pictures captured ladies!! It's a lot of work for a photographer to get in everyone's heads to understand how you envision everything...use examples and plan ahead as much as possible. We didn't but we were fortunate to get amazing images from Heidi Huber! Poser pics are a drag but SO necessary...do it!
    Monica Married on 11/21/2009
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I would HIGHLY recommend Heidi Huber Photography. My husband and I were so lucky to have Heidi photograph our engagement session as well as our wedding. She is a phenomenal photographer and takes beautiful candid shots with such an artistic flair. I still can't stop looking through all the pictures that she took for us. She somehow managed to capture such meaningful moments that even I missed during that special day. I cannot speak enough of her amazing talent.

As an individual, Heidi has a WONDERFUL personality which is evident as soon as you meet with her. My husband has said that one of his most favorite parts of the wedding preparation was the engagement session. Heidi's experience makes you feel instantly comfortable; I truly enjoyed having her by my side while getting ready for the wedding. She is well organized, professional, and very available to offer advice on how to get all the pictures you desire done. Both our parents and my wedding coordinator thought EXTREMELY HIGHLY of her and I recommend Heidi Huber Photography to anyone I can.
    Danielle Married on 11/15/2009
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi Rocks! As soon as Heidi showed up to document my prep shots - I knew I was in good hands. She was on-time, always the unobtrusive fly on the wall... walking in the shadows to catch that glimpse of chemistry between people that was caught not staged. My photos are at times edgy and out of the box, yet still able to get that must have shots that ooze of classic and timeless. She was great to have around and I know for a fact that the guests felt the same way.
    Joy Married on 06/13/2009
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Amazing photographer! Heidi was a pleasure to work with and very professional throughout the process. Her photographs tell the story of our wedding day in ways that are touching, artistic, and that we will cherish forever. She's incredible. I highly recommend.
    Michelle Married on 05/30/2009
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi was great and worked well with my husband and I. Heidi took shots of us that were absolutely amazing. Her imagination on our photos was above the rest. She asked what we wanted and then worked with us to perfect our photos. She captured the best moments of our wedding and the moments of our guests that we did not see during our day. I could not say enough about her work and her professionalism. Next time I'm looking for a photography I'll make sure to call her first!
    Sara Married on 07/21/2008
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Very fun to work with and all the brides wishes are full-filled. She's got great talent and is super creative, and can be very sneaky for those key moments!
    Ashley Married on 01/10/2011
    4 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Heidi is a wonderful photographer! She is laidback and fun and got all the shots i had my heart set on getting! She even got me my "snow pictures!" thanks for making it snow Heidi!
illustration stars