Heather Scharf Photography Reviews

Heather Scharf Photography 5
Heather Scharf Photography 6
Heather Scharf Photography 7

Corinne · Married on 11/15/2014

When my fiance and I first met Heather we loved her outgoing, bubbly and hard-working personality from the start. We met with a few photographers and had no doubt in our minds that Heather was our gal! We were confident that she would go above and beyond and we feel lucky to have found her.

She's easy going, but at the same time will go to whatever lengths it takes to get a shot. For our engagement photo shoot, we went up to Russian Hill and she was shooting in the street in between cable cars and car traffic...anything to get the perfect shot!

Heather was beyond professional during our wedding and her 2nd shooter was so easy to work with as well! She made sure that we stuck to our timeline and that we got all of the shots we had requested. Her creative eye and attention to detail was evident throughout the day.

We received a few initial photos within a week or so of the wedding and were blown away with how amazing they were...we were on the last night of our honeymoon and it was such an awesome surprise to view those together on our last night. We couldn't wait to see the blog post and received it just about a week later. I was tearing up as I scrolled through the pictures...they were absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't believe that just two weeks after our wedding we had so many photos so quickly!

Thank you, Heather, for capturing our special day and all of the love, fun and personalities to go with it....these are memories we will have for a lifetime and we are so grateful to have them captured so beautifully! I would highly recommend Heather to any couples looking for a very talented, genuine & professional photographer!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Jillian · Married on 11/01/2014

Heather Scharf was the best decision of my life....besides saying yes to my husband when he proposed =P. We got married this past November in the Silicon Valley but we were planning the wedding from New York where we lived. I was already nervous about the whole planning process since we were across country and couldn't meet with all of our vendors in person before selecting them but Heather was so easy and understanding. She skyped with us so we could speak face to face and we fell in love with her and her work almost instantaneously. And when we did our engagement photo shoot it only reconfirmed our decision. One, she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Two, she gave great direction on how to pose and three the pictures were aaaaaamazing. Heather not only has a good eye for photography but she listens to want you want and gives it to you while incorporating her own creative vision. My friends and family loved our pictures and could not stop talking about how good they were. And our actually wedding day was more of the same experience. She worked so well with everyone in our bridal party. Our bridal party was huge but Heather was able to get all the portraits we wanted before our time expired at the church. Then at the reception, she was nonstop, capturing every moment of our special day. Again, our pictures were everything we could have wanted and more. My advice for all you planning brides in the bay area, do yourselves and future husbands a favor and hire Heather.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Miranda · Married on 10/25/2014

There were so many amazing people that helped make our wedding a day we will cherish til we are old, snarky, and forgetful. But we would be remiss not call out Heather specifically. We could not have asked for a more talented, passionate, and hilarious individual to capture all the incredible moments from that day.

My husband and I feel exceptionally lucky to have found her when we did. Because a talent like her will soon be one who is booked out years in advance and beyond our price range. Can't recommend her more highly. Check her blog here of our wedding, be amazed by her talents, and plan a major life event so you have reason to book her as well.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Heather is absolutely the BEST!!! She was amazing and the pictures turned out so wonderful. 110% recommend her for any of your photography needs.

Sent on 12/14/2014

I would hire Heather again in a heartbeat! She was truly professional and captured our special day beautifully. Heather went above and beyond for us. She really cares about what your vision is and feels more like you have a friend taking your pictures.

Sent on 01/20/2017

(Groom's Response) Heather was AMAZING! She is the most friendly, genuine, and professional person I have met. She captured every important moment, even the candid moments that my wife and I shared, without even knowing she was photographing! Her photos allow us to relive our special day, every day. Couldn't have been more impressed with Heather, and will definitely use her again! HIGHLY RECOMMEND HEATHER SCHARF PHOTOGRAPHY!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Heather was the best vender we worked with when planning our wedding! Her photography was amazing which seems like the most important reason we hired her to photograph our wedding but in addition she was really easy to work with due to her quick communication, creativity and fun personality. We had an outrageous idea to shoot our engagement photos in a river, and she took her shoes off and jumped in with us to get the shots. On
    the wedding day she eased our nerves and got the most important pics that we will cherish forever. Our family and guests loved her, she stayed at the wedding longer than she was contracted, and then had the wedding photos edited and to us within 2 weeks; Right in time for us to view when we arrived home from the honeymoon! I would 100% recommend her for weddings and plan to use her again for family photos when that time comes.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Alissa · Married on 08/16/2014

We hired Heather to shoot our wedding at Wildwood Acres Resort and we were so amazed with the quality, creativity and professionalism Heather displayed during our wedding. She is truly a gifted photographer. My family and friends even complimented me after the wedding at how professional Heather was and at how aware she was of what was going on. To give you an example, during our ceremony, we invited a band to play music. During this time, my husband's nephew went into the bushes and started playing air drums. My niece joined him. It was a simply perfect moment which lasted about 2 minutes. Heather was shooting us at the alter but her creative eye immediately saw and captured this precious moment on camera. I am not sure you will find such quality and creativity anywhere else. Heather is fun, flexible, full of joy and yet able to assemble and dissemble and reassemble 3 large families of over 70 people for family photos within a matter of 30 minutes. We are so happy. I am sure you will be too!!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Steven · Married on 07/26/2014

Worth every penny we spent with Heather. She was very fun, organized, professional, and most importantly had a very good eye for photography. She is now our photographer for life. I would highly recommend her services for anyone who wants amazing photos, a professional photographer and a great person to shoot with.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Ryan · Married on 07/19/2014

Working with Heather was amazing and exactly what we had hoped for in a Wedding Photographer. When planning our wedding, we knew there were a handful of super critical elements, and even on that very short list, the photographer was at the top. It's the one person who's work you will likely see, share and celebrate almost every day for the rest of your life. We couldn't imagine a more important element to get right in your wedding.

Heather is a very talented photographer, personable and friendly. She is a true professional. More than that she's immensely likable, and someone who you will quickly find comfort and rapport with. Which is equally important as the photos they shoot. If you don't feel comfortable around someone, you're not going to look your best in the photos.

Bottom line; choose carefully. We did, and we're very grateful for Heather, and her beautiful photos we look at every day.

-Ryan&Sophie

Sent on 08/19/2014

Sophie · Married on 07/19/2014

I can't say enough great things about Heather! She is a FABULOUS photographer and perfectly captured all the love and happiness that surrounded our special . She arrived early to the venue to scope out the space so she could ensure she had the perfect backdrop for all the pictures. Her and her 2nd shooter kept me, the bridesmaids, the groom and groomsmen all on time to ensure we stuck to our timeline for the day. She was great at taking any direction for specific photos that I wanted, but also went and captured beautiful shots without me knowing that I would never have dreamt of! I got a sneak peek of my pictures just 2 days after the wedding, and received the rest of my pictures within weeks of my wedding, making me that much happier to relive our special day.

To top it off, even my wedding coordinator and caterer were raving about how wonderful Heather is and how they loved working with her!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Diana · Married on 06/14/2014

Heather was absolutely amazing! I first met her when she was the photographer at my friend's wedding. I saw her pictures and fell in love! She was a shoe in for our wedding. She was great in that she made sure to get to know all the special details about our wedding and really understand what we wanted to capture. She was also very flexible when it came to needing her for an extra hour at the end of the day. She was a pleasure to work with, but above all her work is amazing. Our pictures turned out better than I would have ever hoped for!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Heather did the photography for both my engagement photos and wedding. She is wonderful!! From the beginning she made my husband and I feel welcome and comfortable. She was only taking 2 weddings a month at the time, so we knew we would get great response time and attention. :) My husband hates to have his picture taken, but Heather was quick and open to help put him at ease. She also was very helpful when we showed up with our brand new puppy. He was also included in our pictures. The results of both engagement and wedding pictures are amazing!! Words can not truly express how beautiful the pictures came out. I highly recommend Heather to all!!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Heather photographed my engagement pictures and wedding. Working with Heather is a dream. She makes you feel comfortable even when shooting in public places. She works fast and is thoughtful on placement of both the Bride and the Groom. She listens to your wants and is flexible when you want to incorporate personal touches (for instance our pug, Gia Bear). I had a specific picture in my mind of us and she captured it so beautifully, I cried.
    Heather's artistic eye is invaluable. Rather than focusing on our smiles or arm position she focuses on the elements. Mixing texture, nature, color and lighting Heather is able to create the perfect shot.
    I recommend her to all of my friends and look forward to using her for family photography in the future.

Sent on 12/21/2013

David · Married on 10/20/2013

Since the very first day we sat down to meet, the wife and I knew she was the photographer we wanted. Genuine and kind, she was so easy to work with. She kept us at ease with something we thought was going to be so awkward. We felt a great connection and our engagement photos were amazing. We constantly get feedback about how great they turned out.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Matt · Married on 09/28/2013

First of all, Heather is Awesome! Heather has an extremely friendly personality, and she loves what she does. She is professional, responsive, flexible and her quality is priceless. I have already recommended her to some of my family and friends because that's how amazing she is. All of our photos are beautiful. I highly recommend her service!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Jaimee · Married on 09/28/2013

I’m so blessed to be able to say that Heather Scharf was my wedding photographer. Heather is not only a stellar photographer but also an amazing person! Heather is so genuine and talented – I’m constantly blown away at her work and ability to be so on top of things! You cannot help but feel so incredibly comfortable in her presence and she spreads your positive energy to everyone around her. Taking photos can sometimes be intimidating and working with Heather was NOTHING but fun and exciting! I think what I love most about Heather is that the entire experience with her is just as valuable as the photos. I can honestly say that we walked away with much more than just breath taking photos … we walked away with a really good friend. I think every bride deserves an amazing photography experience, which is why I want to do more than just ‘recommend’ Heather … I want to INSIST that you work with her!

Heather, we want to thank you from the very bottom of our hearts for doing such a wonderful job of capturing the best day of our lives. Because of you, we can relive that day over and over again through each photo. Your work is absolutely priceless. We love love love you! Thank you for everything!

Best,
    Jaimee & Matt Faith

Sent on 01/02/2014
  • F

Forrest · Married on 09/07/2013

Heather was AWESOME. She's talented, easy to work with, and brought a great energy to our engagement shoot and our wedding. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Jenine · Married on 08/17/2013

Heather was an absolute pleasure to work with at our wedding. She captured the fun we and our guests had, and also the love that we share. I would recommend her to any friends and family! Great job Heather!!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Sylvia · Married on 07/13/2013

Heather and her assistant did a great job! Every picture turned out beautiful. You can tell she really loves what she does. She has so much passion! Heather also did our engagement photos and she really knows how to make you feel comfortable and just have fun! We love all our photos!! Thanks!!!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/07/2013

I found Heather by accident. I was googling The Cliff House as a possible venue for our wedding when I came across a couple who had been photographed there. I fell in love with the photos and saved the website on my computer. After several months and setting a date I went back to the website and researched more about Heather's work.
    We met with Heather twice before the wedding to discuss details and go over agendas. Heather is very organized and I could tell she wanted to be prepared so that everything would go smoothly. The one thing I appreciated about Heather above all others is that she was able to put me at ease. I am super shy and hate being in front of a camera much less in front of so many people. She gave me the direction I needed and was able to keep me from having an anxiety attack on my wedding day. She is super sweet and made me feel so comfortable. Many of my guests commented on how professional and hard working she was because she never stops shooting. We are very happy with our photos. We got some very candid, unique shots, not just the cookie cutter poses you sometimes see. I cant wait for Heather to do baby photos for us in the near future.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jamie · Married on 03/03/2013

Amazing Photographer! My wedding attendants, guests, and venue still talk about my photographer months later!! Hands down the best decision I made for when choosing my key players for my wedding day. Heather exceeded all my expectations (they were pretty unrealistic too - regarding responsiveness, photo requests, dependability, etc). Most of all, when it came to really understanding my "must haves" and trust me, there was a lot of them, she was so focused and determined to delivery an amazing photo portfolio. Her personality is the icing on the cake :)

Sent on 07/09/2013

Rica · Married on 10/23/2012

We hired Heather for our at home reception in San Francisco. We had a destination wedding in Hawaii a few days before that and wanted to do a formal wedding reception. Both my husband and I are very non traditional and our reception really reflected that. It was vintage glamour themed. I knew that Heather being a fashion designer, like myself, that she would get it. And man did she blow us away. I also diy-ed the decor and was so happy when she got so many shots of my little touches.

That day was so hectic that I feel like I missed out on so many things. It was hard to really fully enjoy it since we were so busy running around and tending all the guests. I left that night thinking, "Eh... that went ok, I guess". But after a couple of sneak peaks from Heather's facebook page and then the long awaited blog entry, my husband and I were thrilled of the outcome of the whole event. Most especially the beautiful images we have together, with our friends, and with our families. I swear Heather made the whole wedding look better/funner/prettier than it was in real life!

The few weeks following the reception many of our guests would talk to us about the photos and how much they love them. I think it's a huge testament to her talent and how personable she is that they would refer to her as Heather, not "your photographer". We are so lucky to have worked with her!

Sent on 11/26/2012

I met Heather when my brother and sister-in-law used her for their wedding and knew immediately that she would be my photographer at my wedding. As a bridesmaid, I got a lot of time with Heather on their wedding day and got to see all of their beautiful pictures thereafter. Heather was an absolute joy to be around. She really made the photo sessions fun. She genuinely loves photography & capturing peoples' stories and that joy and passion just exudes from her personality while she's shooting. Plus, her pictures are phenomenal, the perfect amount of creative shots, candid shots, & posed pictures. She has great ideas about what will make a great shot/background/etc and works to get people to show their personalities in the shots.
    My (now) husband and I liked Heather and her pictures so much that we asked Heather to be our photographer for our Sept 2012 wedding. She did an AMAZING job! I can’t tell you the number of people who have RAVED about our pictures. They are just stunning: the perfect mix of traditional wedding shots with some artistic, creative shots and backgrounds thrown in. She has such a great non-stressful approach to the day. We had a great time taking our photos and are so happy with the pictures. At my brother's wedding, it was Heather with two additional photographers; at our wedding, it was just Heather, so there is definite flexibility with what you are looking for in a wedding package.
    What also makes Heather stand out is her overall creative ability. She is a great writer and often writes a story to go along with your wedding to put on her blog (check it out online). And, she is quite the artist, so I've even seen her do some free-hand drawings alongside pictures. I can’t emphasize enough how incredible Heather is. She is great to work with, has a fun-yet-professional demeanor, very communicative & responsive, listens to requests and offers ideas when you want them, and takes INCREDIBLE photos. I HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Karen · Married on 09/15/2012

Heather was so professional while also being real. She was easy to connect with and I felt like she always had our best interests in mind. Everyone from my wedding is still talking about the great pictures (and this was3 months ago). Great value, no stress, awesome experience. Thanks Heather!

Sent on 12/11/2012