Heather Rea Style Studio Reviews

132 | Frederick, MD

132 Reviews for Heather Rea Style Studio

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with! The makeup turned out great on everyone--the bride, bridal party, and mothers. She was very affordable and provided various options (airbrush or regular makeup application, fake eyelashes, etc.) to choose from. She conducted a makeup trial at a location of my choosing, which was very convenient, and traveled to my location on my wedding day. Heather is so sweet, and she made me feel completely at ease on my wedding day. Her assistant was also great, and they made a very efficient team--they stuck to the wedding day schedule perfectly! I would definitely recommend Heather's services!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Alli · Married on 08/30/2014

I was very impressed with Heather Rea Style Studio. Heather and Shawn did a wonderful job. Heather was very kind, respectful, and professional. I felt comfortable having her around my family and bridesmaids on my wedding day. My 9 bridesmaids and I were very happy with our make-up! I would definitely recommend her to other brides needing a make-up artist. I could not have been happier with my make-up! It was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 11/01/2014

I wanted to look like the best version of myself on my wedding day and Heather gave me exactly that. She did an amazing job with my makeup and my mom, mother-in-law and bridal party were equally as happy. Plus, it was my first time getting my makeup done professionally and she put me at ease both at the trial and on my wedding day. Heather is very talented and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Alexandra A. · Married on 08/02/2014

All you need is before and after photos of me and you will want to hire Heather in a heartbeat. I have never felt and looked so beautiful as I did on my wedding day. First of all, Heather is incredibly sweet, you can't help but like her as soon as you meet her. As someone who doesn't know how to apply makeup, I appreciated working with someone so professional, yet super friendly. Heather is so talented, she did a BEAUTIFUL job for me (bride) and the bridesmaids. During the trial, she took the photos I provided into consideration along with her own experience and expertise. She was able to replicate the look, if not make it better, on the wedding day. All the bridesmaids kept commenting on her personality and makeup application. Days later, guests were still commenting my makeup! I am so glad I hired Heather and would recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Rebecca · Married on 06/28/2014

Heather did my makeup for my wedding and was AMAZING in so many ways!

First of all, she was extremely flexible with scheduling a trial (we are both teachers!) and also getting my makeup plus 3 of my bridesmaids and the mother of the groom's makeup done in a short amount of time the morning of the wedding! The trial was awesome. I didn't have much of an idea about what I wanted, but only knew I wanted something more natural. She knew right away what to do and the trial was quick and easy!

The morning of the wedding was crazy and exciting, and it was so nice to not have to worry about the makeup. She was set up and ready to go when I got back from my hair appointment. She was able to do 5 makeups between 9:00-11:00, with my makeup taking about an hour.

Heather also helped me come up with a schedule for the morning of the wedding and worked with my hair appointment schedules and the photographer. Most importantly, when the hair appointment schedules didn't quite work out the way we planned, she was super flexible, stayed calm, and got all of our makeup done on time...and we all looked beautiful!!

The airbrush makeup Heather uses is awesome. You barely feel like you are wearing makeup at all and it lasts ALL day long...even after sweating in the heat during pictures, the ceremony, sitting in the hot limo (the AC didn't work!!) for a 30 minute drive, taking MORE pictures outside, dancing all night long...oh, and crying while I said my vows and during my dad's toast...my makeup still looked perfect at the end of the night!

I highly recommend Heather for doing your makeup for any event, especially weddings! Thanks, Heather!!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Heather · Married on 06/21/2014

Heather was amazing!!! Not only did she do my makeup for my engagement pictures, but also did a trial for myself and a bridesmaid. She is very professional and I loved her work. She arrived promptly at 8 am and did myself, the mother of the bride, the flower girl, and 5 bridesmaids. She was fabulous, and took her time with each lady. The makeup lasted until the next day, and through all the happy tears not a drop of makeup out of place. Heather was great and I highly recommend using her for any special occasion.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Katharine · Married on 05/31/2014

Heather provided us with services for a wedding party. She was absolutely wonderful!!! I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/28/2011

Erica · Married on 05/31/2014

I hired Heather from Heather Rea Style Studio for myself and my bridal party for my wedding. I found her here on wedding wire and was attracted to her business because her portfolio was impressive and her prices were very reasonable. From the moment I contacted Heather, I was impressed by her quick response back to me and she even asked to talk to me over the phone! Other beauty businesses I contacted preferred to do business over email, which isn't a bad thing, but I thought it was awesome that she wanted to actually speak to me and make our conversation more personal. Heather has a bright and happy personality and was so sweet to me through the process and also to all of my bridesmaids. She is very flexible and very accommodating! Heather did such an amazing job on my makeup and my bridesmaids and I would recommend her without any reservation!! Amazing amazing amazing!!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Heather was amazing! She was so professional and is an incredible artist! I loved working with her. She was a calming presence on the wedding day itself and she did such a beautiful job. As someone who does not wear makeup regularly, I wanted to make sure that it would look natural, and Heather nailed it. I could not have asked for a better makeup experience and I would recommend her to anyone, no question.

Sent on 09/06/2014

Mahkameh · Married on 05/18/2014

Heather is simply AWESOME! She did my as well as my mom's and two of my bridesmaids' makeup for my wedding. She is super talented as well as professional and very kind. She is very responsive and flexible and I really enjoyed working with her. My mom and I are both very particular about makeup and heather was very receptive to the fine-tuning changes we wanted to make and listened very openly to attain the final results that we LOVED. She gave us all a fresh yet elegant look that lasted all day. She has a very natural talent for what looks best on any given individual as she did just as great of a job on my bridesmaids whom she had not met before. Everyone was very happy with their makeup and spoke very highly of her work. I would recommend Heather quite highly with no reservation at all. She is wonderful!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Pam · Married on 03/22/2014

Heather was and amazing make-up artist to work with me on my big day! She is very professional, extremely talented and prompt with responses. Between her and her assistant, she did the make up for everyone in my bridal party ( myself, 7 bridesmaids and 2 moms), she worked out the schedule effortlessly! Everyone looked like themselves but in a more fabulous way, a definite recommend!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Eleni · Married on 01/18/2014

Heather was recommended by a family member at the last minute, as my makeup artist had to cancel for medical reasons. She was extremely accommodating and drove out the next day for a trial run, then did a fantastic job on the day of the wedding. I was hesitant about the air-brush and fake lashes but ended up doing both on her recommendation and it looked great, and stayed fresh for the whole reception.

Sent on 02/16/2014
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/19/2013

I cannot rave enough! I truly have never felt more beautiful or confident in my life!

Heather was prompt in answering all emails, was extremely helpful, and truly listened to all requests. Heather did such an incredible job with me and the other ladies on my wedding day. She was early to our appointment and VERY flexible with me and my girls (who were off schedule!). She is truly an artist and a pleasure to have around on what can be such a packed and hectic day! Heather went above and beyond and really added to the fun and beauty of my wedding day! I will absolutely recommend her to friends and family for future events!

Sent on 03/09/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 10/12/2013

Heather did a fabulous job for my wedding makeup trial, as well as, for myself and all my bridesmaids on my wedding day. She is both personable and professional, and I would recommend her to anyone in the DC, MD, VA area for their wedding day makeup. She made everyone feel comfortable, beautiful, and most importantly, like themselves! She's got great taste and I couldn't have found a better artist!
    -Elizabeth Stone

Sent on 02/04/2014

Katie · Married on 09/28/2013

Heather is fantastic to work with! She adjusted my look on the day of without any problem as I decided to do something a little different than what she did at my trial. I absolutely loved my wedding makeup, and getting it done by Heather was so relaxing and comfortable. She also made my bridesmaids look extra gorgeous without having done any trials with them. She really knows how to make women look beautiful!

Sent on 02/11/2014

Annie · Married on 09/21/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Heather Rea. From the very beginning she was incredibly flexible and showed that she truly cared about every bride she works with. When other vendors were too busy to get back to me, she was always on point (and so nice to boot!).

On top of all of that, Heather is insanely talented. My bridesmaids and I looked like movie stars! She and her assistant were so patient during the prep for my wedding and I could not have asked for a better gal to make everyone look stunning.

Hire her. You will be so happy you did.

Sent on 10/08/2013

I really cannot say enough great things about Heather! I was a very opinionated bride, but I am glad I listened to her because she definitely knows what she is talking about! She listens to your requests and concerns and executes your vision perfectly! She comes prepared and is completely flexible to changes. She recommended airbrush for me and I was hesitant that it would look cakey, but it was flawless! It may seem like a lot of money for makeup, but it is definitely worth it and a great price in comparison to other vendors! Although I did not change anything from my trial I would definitely recommend doing one! My mom and husbands mom who are between the ages 50 and 60 both got airbrush makeup and they looked flawless in every photo. Heather also brings extra false lashes for your bridal party because once one person has them, everyone wants them! I have never seen someone put falsies on so quick and effortlessly! Thanks Heather!!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Bettina · Married on 07/27/2013

Heather was awesome!! She did my makeup (bride), the two mothers and 4 bridesmaids. She was very organized and really listened to what we all wanted and put in her input. Everyone looked AMAZING! She worked so hard and fast and was so nice and social with my bridal party. Everyone loved her! Would definitely recommend Heather for any event!!!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Alyssa · Married on 07/05/2013

Heather did a wonderful job! I usually dont wear much make up and was debating whether or not to pay for make up in addition to everything else on the budget, but Im so glad I did! Honestly, the only two things that last after your wedding day are the marriage and your pictures. You could really see the difference in the photos and Im so happy I went with Heather! I had airbrush done and it wasnt obvious at all. My face felt light and she made me feel like me, but wedding worthy :)

Sent on 09/06/2013

Heather is wonderful!! Heather provided makeup services for myself, mother, mother-in-law, and 4 bridesmaids on the day of my wedding. She was very accommodating and easy to work with. My mother-in-law had initially planned to do her own make-up, but changed her mind once she saw Heather's work in person. Heather even helped to cover up a scab on my niece's nose, who had fallen just days before my wedding. Thanks to Heather, you couldn't even tell and my niece was able to walk down the aisle with confidence. My wedding was in Southern Maryland, but I live in Virginia, so Heather made the long drive to my house for a consultation. I did extensive research into make-up artists prior to booking Heather and I thought her prices were very reasonable in comparison to others in the area. Not only that, but her work is absolutely amazing. I am so glad that I booked Heather for my wedding.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Erinn · Married on 06/22/2013

Heather was fabulous! She did an amazing job on my makeup as well as my six bridesmaids, junior bridesmaid, flower girl, MOB, and MOG. She came early to setup, made sure that everyone was on time and made all of us look and feel special. I would highly recommend her for any occasion. Her perfessionalism and service can not be beat :) Infact, my future sister-in-law has already booked her for her upcoming nuptials.

Sent on 09/30/2013
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/08/2013

Heather was awesome, she was incredibly sweet and did wonderful work. Completely organized and efficient. I loved my makeup on my wedding day. Would recommend her to others!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Heather was amazing and I would recommend her to any bride and her bridesmaids! She was professional, prompt, and thorough... and I highly recommend paying a little more for the airbrushed application option. The makeup lasted ALL day and it was one less thing to worry about. Thanks for everything Heather!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Lindsey · Married on 05/04/2013

Heather provided makeup services for me, my MOH, my mother, and my mother-in-law. She did an excellent job, I can't say enough how happy I was with how beautiful my makeup turned out! Heather was super professional and extremely relaxed, she made all of us feel very comfortable. I received several compliments during my reception, and my husband couldn't stop telling me how beautiful and radiant I looked. I would highly recommend Heather to any bride or anyone who is looking for makeup services!!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Linda · Married on 05/03/2013

Heather was outstanding! Her makeup application to the bride and bridal party as well as to me, the mother of the groom, was simply amazing. The transformation was fantastic but not over done. Heather's professionalism and sweet personality made for a very relaxing and fun time with the bridal party. All of us received countless compliments at the wedding about how great our makeup looked. I would recommend Heather in a heartbeat and personally plan on using her for our next black tie event!!!!

Sent on 05/11/2013