Heather Rea Style Studio Reviews

132 | Frederick, MD

132 Reviews for Heather Rea Style Studio

Emily · Married on 06/03/2016

Heather is incredible. She made everyone look absolutely stunning, including my mom, who always wears minimal makeup. She made my mom look beautiful, but didn't over do it so she felt comfortable. My make up was perfect - literally flawless. She picks all the right colors to compliment your skin tone, eye color, etc. The bridesmaids all had a little different look, but similar enough that we all went together. The products she uses last all day and look great in pictures. On top of that, she is so fun. She's totally someone you can feel comfortable having around on your big day. I 100% recommend booking Heather, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Rebecca · Married on 05/29/2016

I cannot be happier that I went with Heather for our wedding-day makeup. Heather did such a fantastic job and everyone looked so beautiful. Heather was able to do our makeup in a way that looked stunning in photos, lasted through out the night, but still didn't look too caked-on or fake. Heather did 6 people's makeup and she showed up right on time, stuck to the schedule and got all the girls done with time to spare. Heather did a great job and helped to make the morning stress-free! I would recommend her for anyone's wedding without hesitation.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Kate · Married on 05/29/2016

Heather herself was unavailable on our wedding day (late May), but she recommended Iris, who had recently started working with her. I was apprehensive at first since I knew nothing about Iris and her work, but after Heather's pitch on her and the makeup trial, it was clear I had nothing to worry about. I was so excited when I left my trial!

I can't say this enough: Iris did an AMAZING job. Not only did I look gorgeous, so did everyone who got their makeup done by her. My stepmom still raves about how great she was (both her work and her professionalism). I highly recommend Iris (and Heather too!) to any bride. You will not be disappointed.

Regarding logistics, Heather handled everything (scheduling etc.) and was very flexible about adding people last minute.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Maria · Married on 05/07/2016

Heather Rea and Iris were wonderful in squeezing me in last minute for a make up consultation about a month and a half before my wedding! I knew it was last minute, but I was not satisfied with the one make up trial I had already had. I first heard of Heather Rea Style Studio through my wedding florist, Blossom and Basket Boutique, so I decided to chance it and see if they were available! Iris did my make up perfectly to my exact ideals! I even got compliments that she should do my make up all the time! :) She also accommodated my two sisters-in-law and one of my bridesmaids who were super happy with their make up the day of the wedding! The lip gloss came in handy for one of my sister-in-laws when she had nothing but that in her purse and needed to look beautiful ASAP! :) Thank you again, Heather and Iris, for being so wonderful and accommodating! I would highly recommend this studio for wedding make up! :)

Sent on 06/04/2016

Emily · Married on 05/01/2016

I worked with Heather, Tania, and Terra for my wedding on May 1. They did a beautiful job with my wedding hair and makeup. Heather did my makeup and listened to exactly what I wanted- I don’t wear much makeup and she made my makeup so natural looking. Tania did my hair and just like Heather, listened to exactly what I wanted and was a pleasure to work with.
    Despite the 5am start time in the pouring rain, Heather and the ladies arrived early and were cheerful and enthusiastic. I was very nervous, but they made everything stress-free and calm. They were all punctual (not just on time, but early!), professional, and so sweet and funny! They stuck to the schedule (in fact they finished early) and went above and beyond to make things easier for me- Heather let me add in a last minute makeup for my sister-in-law and Terra even went to my groom's room to fix his hair and check if he shaved :) I am so appreciative and 100% happy with their service.

-Emily and Steven 05-01-16

Sent on 06/04/2016

Briana · Married on 03/12/2016

Heather and Victoria were INCREDIBLE!!! I was so nervous about doing professional hair and makeup and I feel absolutely silly for feeling that way now!
    We did a trial with Heather and Victoria in November. When they came to do hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids, and my mom, in March she remembered everything we had discussed back in November! She was absolutely professional and courteous (also hilarious with her jokes!).
    The night before the wedding, I panicked a little because I had not left enough time for Getting Ready pictures (or to get dressed for that matter...) I told Heather and Victoria and they said that they would do all they could, and actually ended up finishing an hour ahead of schedule!
    Heather and Victoria were incredibly talented! We showed them one picture to work off of for the bridesmaids, they glanced at it and then made it perfect to fit each of my (very unique) bridesmaids! They all looked STUNNING, individualized, but still uniform! And that is not saying anything about my hair and makeup! I have never felt more beautiful in my whole life! Everything was perfect, and I didn't even have to touch up my makeup throughout the night! I asked her to make my eyes pop a bit more, and she knew exactly what to do.
    I cannot recommend these ladies enough. Absolutely incredible.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Megan · Married on 10/24/2015

Heather is amazing! I don't wear much makeup on a regular basis and was a little worried that wedding makeup might look too heavy, but Heather applied just the right amount of makeup that I felt beautiful and comfortable all day long! She did the makeup for my bridal party as well and they all looked absolutely amazing. Heather is such a joy to work with - incredibly professional, responsive, and fun. I was at ease on my wedding day knowing that I was in such good hands with Heather. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/28/2015

April · Married on 10/10/2015

I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day thanks to Heather. She was a joy to work with. She is personable, professional, and very responsive. I am so happy I found Heather!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Heather did my make-up for my wedding as well as my bridal party, mother of the groom, and mother of the bride. Everyone's make-up looked so beautiful and natural. During my trial Heather helped pick out the colors that worked best for me and listened/responded when I requested something be different...thus making the wedding day worry free. Heather provided me with a timeline prior the wedding with arrival time and clean-up time as a requested. She was on-time (even early) the day of the wedding and was right on schedule finishing everyone with time to spare. I received countless complements from everyone at the wedding! I would 100% recommend her services to any bride!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Heather Rea was amazing to work with! She is very responsive and great at what she does. All the the hair and makeup turned out wonderful and we all got so many compliments. You can't go wrong with using Heather Rea Style Studio!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Heather and Tania were the PERFECT hair/makeup team to work with for my wedding. Heather was responsive throughout the planning process, personable, professional, and talented. They are very reasonable priced, do very high quality/professional work, and are genuinely lovely people.

As the bride, I could not have loved my look more – Heather and Tania both really listened to what I wanted and made suggestions that complemented me and my dress. I felt amazing and got many compliments on hair + makeup all night. They also did a gorgeous job on all of my bridesmaids, and were well ahead of schedule even though we had 8 people getting ready. We had a great time working with them and enjoyed hanging out with them throughout the day. Will definitely use them again for any future events!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Heather was just amazing to work with! She is personable, responsive & professional, and really listens to what you want. She is not only very talented but lovely and pleasant to be around, which is exactly what you want on your wedding day. I would highly recommend her! I was also very happy with the hair stylist Tania that works with Heather. She did four amazing updos (for me and three friends) that were each different but fabulous in their own way. I have always been nervous about how updos will turn out after some bad experiences, but felt completely comfortable after doing the trial with Tania. She listens to what you want, takes feedback & direction and is able to make it all come together!

Sent on 07/21/2015
  • Helen

Helen · Married on 06/21/2015

I want to start off by saying that Heather was a absolute pleasure to work with! She was so professional and extremely accommodating to my wedding party and what they wanted. Heather was amazing from start to finish, all the way from the consult to the end of the wedding. She did an absolutely GORGEOUS job on my make-up, as well as my brides-maids and Mom. I would HIGHLY recommend Heather for all of your wedding make-up needs. She will work with your personal style and take into consideration exactly what you like and don't like. I am so happy I found her. In fact, my sister wants to hire Heather for her future wedding.

Sent on 07/24/2015
  • User5200773 · 2+ years ago

Heather did an AMAZING job on my make up, my bridesmaids, and mom! She is extremely affordable for the D.C. area but her work is not compromised at all. Heather was accommodating with changing the schedule, adding people, etc. She was always easy to get in touch with and very responsive. I would recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/12/2015

Heather made me look like an angel from heaven! Thank you so much for your wonderful services for me and my girls! Reasonably priced and amazing work. True professional. Enough said!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/06/2015

Heather Rea and her hair stylist Tania were absolutely wonderful! Heather worked with me extensively before the wedding to make sure my makeup would look exactly like I wanted it, and the day of, she and Tania were professional, friendly, and so great to be around while everyone in my bridal party got ready. Everyone's hair and makeup looked stunning. I'm so glad I went with Heather!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Desiree · Married on 05/30/2015

Heather did makeup for my wedding -- including the mothers/grandmothers of the bride and groom and the bride. She did a fabulous job. She was very responsive to what I wanted and the changes I wanted to make after the trial. She was also just very professional and easy to work with. She responded so quickly to email and phone calls and had the answers to all of my questions when I would contact her. She came early, brought all of her own supplies and an assistant. She and her assistant had about 15 women to do make-up on and were finished early so we weren't rushing around to finish up everyone. She had sent over a timeline for the wedding day and was always willing to change it as needed. I would highly recommend her to any bride looking for makeup!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Jackie · Married on 05/16/2015

Heather Rae was awesome from first contact to final exit. She was very responsive to e-mail, and was able to handle changes in scheduling and the number of people easily. She was professional, funny and comfortable to be around. I'd never had my make-up done before, but she definitely put me at ease and truly listened to what I wanted. She nailed my natural bride look, and was also great working with my bridesmaids. She was also incredibly knowledgeable about all things make-up.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Samantha · event on: 05/10/2015

Highly Recommended!! I used Heather for my engagement pictures make-up and after that, I am very excited to work with her team on my wedding day. Heather so kindly did my make-up at 6am on a Sunday and she was so excited and positive(even that early in the morning). My make-up was absolutely stunning and natural! I also bought her lipstick and gloss and was very happy with the price and product! Heather is a GREAT(local) Frederick vendor!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/01/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Heather! She is so sweet and the most flexible and accommodating person I have ever met! We had to change my makeup trial date and hair trial date several times for various reasons and she stuck with me and was always able to squeeze me into her schedule somewhere. Kelly, her hairstylist, also fantastic! They were both so much fun to work with on my wedding day. Everyone was relaxed and at ease and it was just such a nice, calm atmosphere. My hair and makeup turned out exactly how I had always envisioned. Heather and Kelly are miracle workers and I've never felt so beautiful :)

Sent on 05/18/2015

Jamie · Married on 12/13/2014

I am so happy I found Heather to be the makeup artist for my wedding! I had a trial before finding her with someone else which was a disaster and had me on edge with finding a makeup artist. My trial with Heather was such a relief, I don't have the greatest skin but Heather was very knowledgeable and professional and did an amazing job! I got so many compliments! Not only did I look amazing but I felt amazing! Heather is the best at what she does she and is very reasonably priced - I would absolutely recommend Heather Rea anytime you want to look and feel your best!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/12/2014

Heather is incredible!!! She did makeup for me (the bride) and 3 others on my wedding day. She is not only wonderful at what she does, but also reasonably priced. My makeup stayed perfect all day!! And Heather is just so sweet and a great person to have around on your wedding day. Would recommend her without hesitation! Thanks Heather!!

Sent on 10/19/2014
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 10/11/2014

Heather was absolute perfection. She was very professional, showed up early and set-up in the hotel room quickly and gracefully. She even brought her own high chairs for us to sit in while she did our makeup - awesome! Our hairdresser made several comments throughout the morning about how impressed she was with Heather’s professionalism and organizational skills. When it came to be my turn I was desperate for some peace and quiet amidst the chaos of getting ready with 8 bridesmaids, and Heather was ready to take me in. She worked on me with gentleness and calmness that helped soothe me. She and her partner went through 8 bridesmaids and 2 mothers, plus some eyebrows for my grandmas. All this in about 4 ½ hours. Amazing! She is a great price, especially in the DC area, very reasonable. We all looked fabulous! I was so very pleased with my makeup. It was natural enough to feel like I wasn’t wearing a lot, but definitely helped me look my best. People were almost in shock when I came out ready. I got a lot of literally, “speechless” looks! I remember looking through reviews for my wedding and finding Heather’s 5 out of 5 rating. It is the absolute truth, she is perfect!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Christine · Married on 09/27/2014

Heather was amazing to work with! She was very accommodating with the changing numbers of girls that wanted their make up done. In the end, I ended up adding the MoG (for eyes only) and a bridesmaid very close to the wedding. Heather had no problem adjusting the schedule. She works quickly (so girls don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to start make up) and the results were fantastic! I thought she did a wonderful job enhancing the beauty of my already beautiful bridesmaids. She made the eyes really pop on 2 with green and blues eyes.

For me personally, I was very happy with the trial and wedding day make up! I am Asian and have a monolid so was very nervous about finding an make up artist who didn't try to create a crease or unnatural look. Heather was great to work with to help me achieve the natural look I was going for (of course with a little more oomph than "everyday"). I got many compliments on how great the bridesmaids looked and how fabulous my make up looked (got compliments both on how flawless my skin looked with the color and the eyes).

Her pricing for both bride and bridesmaids is very reasonable, especially compared to some of the very high quotes I received. I would absolutely recommend her to a friend!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Thank you so much Heather Rae for doing such an amazing job on our makeup for my wedding!! You truly have a gift, you really accented and highlighted all the of our natural attributes. We all were so happy with our makeup! Thank you again!!

Sent on 11/02/2014