Heather Durham Photography Reviews

Heather Durham Photography 2
Heather Durham Photography 3
Heather Durham Photography 4

Anna · Married on 04/14/2018

Heather was amazing and a complete delight to work with! We were so pleased with her professionalism and the way she and her team captured the day just perfectly! We so enjoyed working with her and appreciate her attention to all the details! The images are incredible and will bring us great joy for years to come!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you Anna for your kind words and thank you for choosing me to capture Francie & Smylie’s beautiful and fun wedding day! It was such a pleasure!! Wishing you all the very best!
  • F

Francie · Married on 04/13/2018

Heather was a JOY to work with! We are thrilled with they way she captured our day! She was professional, full of positive energy, and paid attention to detail. She was so easy to communicate with and was able to perfectly capture the images that were important to us! What beautiful memories we will have of our special day thanks to Heather and her team! I couldn’t be happier with my choice of photographer and would highly recommend her for your wedding day!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Francie! Thanks for making my day while on vacation! I so appreciate your kind words and I’m thrilled you are so pleased with my work. You were a beautiful and sweet bride and it was a privilege and pleasure to work with you on your amazing day!

Callie · Married on 03/24/2018

The absolute cream of the crop!!! Heather is professional, quick to communicate, organized, attentive to EVERYONE, and SO MUCH fun! She made Gil and me feel so comfortable and truly did not miss a shot! We could not be more thrilled with the authentic images that she and her assistant captured on our wedding day. Not only did she love Gil and I so well, but she made our families and our wedding party feel so special! We absolutely adore Heather and her passion and enthusiasm for the memories she captures-- she feels more like a friend! :) Photography was a huge part of our wedding day, and I am so thankful that we entrusted it to Heather!

Karen · Married on 03/23/2018

Heather was an absolute delight to work with from beginning to end. Her professionalism far exceeded anyone else we could have chiosen. She has such high energy and creativity and I don't believe she missed a single shot! The pictures are absolutely beautiful! If you are lucky enough to book her for your date, you won't be disappointed!

Darryl · Married on 09/02/2017

We were extremely pleased with the whole experience - very easy to work with from start to finish. The creativity behind the photographs and the quality of the final product was unbelievable.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Darryl! It was such a perfect wedding day and I'm so pleased you chose me to be a part of it. Your family was such a pleasure to work with and I'm glad you are enjoying the images.

Liz · Married on 09/02/2017

Heather was absolutely the BEST!! Her photos are phenomenal and she perfectly captured our day. She was extremely easy to work with, very professional & super organized. From the moment I first contacted her to see if she was available to after the wedding, she always responded quickly and answered all my questions. My family and I are extremely pleased with the photos and will cherish them for years to come. I highly recommend Heather to capture your special day!

Michelle · Married on 07/08/2017

August 7, 2017
    Heather was our wedding photographer for my daughter's destination wedding in Nashville. We communicated through email for several months. A few phone calls. My daughter and her fiancé did not meet her until their wedding day. She came highly recommended and her photos on her website blew us away! I was a little concerned what it would be like working with a complete stranger as our most important vendor on that day. The moment Heather and her team arrived that wasn't a thought in our head. Heather is as sweet, fun and personable as she is talented and the ultimate professional. She was every step of the way! Her attention to the bride and groom, wedding party, and every detail was outstanding! That day to a mom goes by in a blur and you try to take it all in and make sure you don't miss a thing. You don't have to worry about that with Heather, she won't miss a thing! Absolutely outstanding experience and now we have the most beautiful pictures that we will always treasure! Thank you so very much Heather and your team for everything!
    Michelle (Kristen's Mom)
    Wells/Gunnels Wedding

Megan · Married on 05/20/2017

When planning my wedding I knew photography was my top priority -- it is, after all, the only thing you walk away with from the night (besides the greatest memories & a new husband!)! I'd heard such wonderful things about Heather and how talented & professional she was, but she totally went above & beyond our greatest expectations! From the beginning of planning until the end, Heather was super responsive, uber organized & detail-oriented, building out a minute-by-minute schedule and ensuring every photo we wanted was taken (despite weather getting in the way)! She even recommended poses we would've never thought of, many of which ended up being our favorite shots!

Leading up to the wedding we connected often and she even sent photos of trays, props, ribbons, etc to ensure we both had the same vision for all of the detail shots! The day of, we had a pretty large wedding party and a last-minute monsoon rolled into town, but thanks to Heather's direction we were able to stay on schedule and avoid any chaos.

Most importantly, Heather made us feel SO comfortable in front of the camera, and was truly a pleasure to be around on our special day! Each & every photo turned out PHENOMENAL -- She managed to capture our personalities, all of the tiny details, fabulous action shots & more!! I can't tell you how many compliments we've received, and how thankful we are to have had Heather perfectly capture our favorite day!

A · Married on 05/06/2017

Absolutely loved Heather! She and her team were so sweet, and our pictures were incredible!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure. Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous and we loved every minute with your sweet family and friends.

Cindi · Married on 03/17/2017

Heather photographed our rehearsal dinner and our reception and we are so happy with her work. The pictures she captured at each event are beautiful! Heather is so professional and organized that everything went smoothly even when the sun did not cooperate. Her still shots, as well as the photos she took, (that you did not realize she took) make us smile and something we will cherish forever. I highly recommend Heather for any photography work.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you Cindi! It was such a beautiful day and even more special for a friend!!!

Cat · Married on 12/10/2016

Heather was amazing! I love all the photos from my wedding and engagement session. Her attention to the special details of my wedding truly meant a lot to me and my family.

Sent on 04/22/2017
    Heather Durham Photography 5
    Heather Durham Photography 6
    Heather Durham Photography 7
    Heather Durham Photography 8

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Cat! It was my pleasure. Such a beautiful winter wedding. :)

Linda · Married on 09/10/2016

Heather Durham photography was the very first vendor we selected as soon as we found out there was to be a wedding in our future! The reason? Because she is simply the best in Birmingham and one of the best in the southeast. She works tirelessly in pursuit of the most dreamy photos ever imagined. Her talent is endless and indescribable and we were blessed by her all day long. We chose her because we saw the quality of professionalism in her body of published works. But we fell in love with her heart , her vision for our wedding and her passion. She captured moments in time that only happen once in a lifetime and for that we will be always so very grateful!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Oh Linda, what a sweet review! I can't thank you enough for choosing me to capture Sarah and Bubba's perfect wedding day at Swann Lakes Stables. Sarah is a beautiful person inside and out...just like her Mom. And, Bubba was such the gentlemen going along happily with every request. Your families are truly two of the sweetest I've ever had the pleasure of shooting for. I felt like we'd been lifetime friends...and I hope we will be!

Cecile · Married on 09/09/2016

If you want a photographer that has a wonderful personality, very down-to-earth, excellent people skills, works harder than any person I have ever seen to make sure that all of her client's request are met and has beyond outstanding photography skills, then you want to hire Heather Durham. Heather photographed my son's Rehearsal Dinner and the photos were beautiful.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Cecile. It was a pleasure to photograph Sarah & Bubba's beautiful Rehearsal Dinner at The Club in Birmingham. Such a sweet family to work with!!

Niki · Married on 05/28/2016

I am so happy that Heather was my wedding photographer! The pictures are gorgeous, and it will be such a special way to look back on my wedding day. Heather is very friendly, flexible, and efficient. We ordered a photo album from her, and the album is as wonderful as expected. I really loved being able to download all of my wedding photos; to have stunning photos on my computer of my wedding day to look at whenever I want is great. I appreciate all the services Heather provided. Great photographer!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you Niki for your kind words and for referring your dear friend Cat! I loved getting to know your sweet family and being a part of your wedding day! Thank you for choosing me! All the best to you and David!!!

Caroline · Married on 05/14/2016

If you're looking for an incredible wedding photographer, look no further! Heather is such a kind soul, and so fun to work with. She makes your feel so comfortable in front of the camera, and her work honestly speaks for itself. My husband and I used her for our engagement session, rehearsal dinner, and our wedding. We could not have been more pleased! We will cherish the special memories that Heather was able to capture for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you Sweet Caroline! I loved being a part of your Engagement and Wedding story! It was perfect! All the best to you and Daniel! XO

Heather is an amazing photographer, but more importantly she's a very fun, caring and compassionate person who did her very best to make our day special. She was very patient with our whole family and captured some very special moments. Her attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond for her clients is all a girl could ask for! I would highly recommend her as a wedding photographer!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

So very kind, Katy! Thanks so much for choosing me to capture your wedding day! It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Matt. Best wishes always!

Heather was so fun to work with! She is very professional, yet made us feel totally at ease while she was photographing us. We are so pleased with all of our photographs. We will cherish these memories for a lifetime thanks to Heather.

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Suzanne · Married on 04/18/2015

Heather was a dream to work with! Her laser focus on the my daughter, the bride, was incredible. Scouting out the location, knowing our priorities, staying on schedule made the day go smoothly. Everyone has raved about how Heather "captured" the day - both the excitement of the celebrations and the quiet sentimental moments. I loved the fact that she posted sneak peeks on social media quickly and her slide show of selected pictures allowed those who could not attend the wedding feel like they were there. Our pictures are truly works of art we will cherish for years to come!!

Kathryn · Married on 03/21/2015

Heather was a second shooter for my sister's wedding four years before I got married and shot some family shots for my family so she was the obvious choice when I got engaged. She is so fun, professional, and became a family friend after the whole process. Her energy and flexibility made her easy to work with, and we got every shot we wanted. My husband and I used Heather for our engagement session and wedding day, and we drool over the pictures all the time. She created pictures that we will look at to remember our wonderful day for many years to come! We have one little sister and two brothers left, and I am hoping they will ALL choose to use Heather as their photographer.

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Kathryn! I love it when clients become friends and repeat clients. Your family is so special to me and I loved capturing your wedding day! It was perfect!

Dana · Married on 03/21/2015

I cannot even begin to describe how pleased we were with Heather. We have used her for each of my daughter's weddings. Heather was able to capture every detail of both weddings. Looking through her photos is like reliving that day over and over. What a treasure! When I had a big birthday last year...I told my husband that the only thing I wanted was a family photo taken by Heather. It turned out even better than I had hoped and will be a memory that we will treasure for a lifetime! If you want a photographer who is fun, creative and super talented...Heather is one of the BEST!

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Oh what sweet words! You know how much I love your family! Thank you for wanting me to capture it! It's always a pleasure!

Kelly · Married on 03/14/2015

Heather did a great job! She was very professional and so good at capturing a great picture! She was patient and very thorough! She scouted out beautiful backgrounds to use and took extra care to photograph special moments and details!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kelly! It was a privilege to be a part of Mary Caroline and Forrest's day! Such a beautiful wedding in a beautiful setting!

Mary Christin · Married on 11/07/2014

Heather is the most professional and talented photographers. She handles herself in a way that is comforting and reassuring - which are supremely important when photographing individuals. She also is very talented and seems to be able to see each photograph in her minds eye which allows her to capture moments which wouldnt be captured by another photographer. We could not be any more proud of the results.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Mary Christin. They mean so much. It was such a pleasure to photograph your beautiful wedding day. Best wishes always to you and John. XO

robin · Married on 10/11/2014

Heather was wonderful to work with. She captured the events of the day but was discreet. Her photography is like a work of art. I like they way her photos were taken in a unique way.

Sent on 01/20/2015

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Robin! I loved being s part of your day! It was a beautiful wedding and Leah was s beautiful bride!

Lindsey · Married on 09/27/2014

I always dreamed of an outdoor wedding and Heather captured our outdoor wedding in perfect memories! She was even able to photograph our crazy dogs in AMAZING photos. Really, the pictures speak for themselves. I can't imagine a more perfect experience. Heather is not only a professional photographer but a great friend. She is so easy to get along with and makes the photography part of your special day a breeze. I can't imagine having anyone else share the day with us! We look forward to using Heather for all of our upcoming events as we grow our family!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Heather Durham Photography's reply:

Lindsey, Thank you for the kind words. It means the world to me that you loved your wedding photography experience. Thank you for wanting me to be a part of your day. Loved every minute!!! And, your dogs being there made it all the more fun!

Caroline · Married on 07/26/2014

Heather was fantastic to work with! Her style fit mine perfectly and the way she captured our big day (and everything before) was just beautiful. She was so sweet and always there to offer me help from poses to recommendations for other vendors that we used. She was so flexible and handled last minute hiccups flawlessly (like rain for engagement pictures AND bridal portraits)! It's important to choose a photographer that you get a long with and don't mind being around all day and Heather was all of that and more. We talked a lot about the general feel of the wedding and she was able to capture it perfectly and even when I started to feel overwhelmed she noticed and did all that she could to make sure that I, not my family, not my friends, but me and my now husband were ok and got to do what we wanted on our day. Heather's sweet spirit can put anyone at ease and I definitely recommend her to anyone that asks.