Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat Reviews

11 | Trego, WI

11 Reviews for Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat

S · Married on 07/29/2017

Simply the best! This venue offers all the best parts of a destination wedding without having to travel too far. We had our wedding here this past summer and we were absolutely blown away by this venue!! The facilities are spacious and well kept, the grounds are beautiful and lush, and the planning assistance and services provided by Dana & Jennifer were phenomenal. I am a corporate event planner in the travel industry, and so I have pretty high standards when it comes to these services and Heartwood team did not disappoint! I could not recommend this venue more highly for a wedding group. We had the rehearsal dinner at the restaurant onsite, ceremony on the lawn by the lake, cocktail hour on the patio, and the reception in the downstairs ballroom. We had 192 guests and fit very comfortably in the space. Absolutely flawless. If you like the northwoods cabin vibe, but are also watching your budget, look no further. All our guests stayed on property and made it a big fun weekend trip. The best part was having time with both sides of our extended family together and getting to meet each other. Priceless memories! I could not have dreamed up a better way to tie the knot. I wish I could relive that weekend, and I know all brides say that, but honestly - Jennifer and her team at the Heartwood were SO helpful, organized and took care of so much for me. They were always friendly, kind and easy to work with. When I had questions or ideas come up during planning, Jennifer was always quick to reply and provided her suggestions and guidance to help us create a smooth and stress free event. She is very organized and took charge getting a "checklist" going and asking tons of questions well in advance so that no stone was unturned, no detail forgotten... Not to mention, the property and natural beauty there is absolutely stunning and the food was amazing! The food was honestly delicious. We had the flank steak, corn souffle, with alfredo pasta and summer salad... great value!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat's reply:

Thank you for choosing Heartwood for your wedding day, it was our pleasure to host your amazing family and friends and to help make your dream wedding a reality. We appreciate your kind words and will enjoy sharing with the team at Heartwood -- while dedication to every detail is the hallmark of the property, having couples like you take the time to share your thoughts is so meaningful. Thank you as well for sharing the great photos! We hope to see you in the near future for a fun getaway!

Rebecca · Married on 12/17/2016

Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat exceeded every single expectation that I had for a wedding venue. I came across this gem, hidden the woods, completely by accident (or was it?) and I am so happy and blessed that we found it! From the moment we pulled in the drive, I realized this place was special. We had a December 17th wedding, but even in the late fall visit, I could tell this was going to be something beautifully special. Those feelings continued with our sales representative, Dana who walked us through all the options this gorgeous facility had to offer. We decided to book both levels, as we couldn't decide between the two! We had our ceremony downstairs, headed upstairs for our social hour and meal and then back downstairs for our dance. Everything magically transformed as we were in the middle of our guests. The downstairs ceremony room was beautiful in December late afternoon. The sunrise for our ceremony, a huge unexpected beautiful bonus! The event planner, Jennifer was amazing. She was quick to respond to any of my calls, emails and questions. Always courteous and knowledgeable and able to provide solutions to any of my concerns. From the moment we started the planning process, to the sad moment we left the resort after the wedding, she was there helping and offering her service. We brought in a lot of decorations and were stunned when the janitorial staff just offered to help us unload our vehicles and trailer. Another example of how courteous and helpful everyone at this facility was! The dining room staff was incredibly accommodating and personable. Every employee I encountered was friendly and made me feel like they sincerely were happy we were there. What an amazing feeling to be surrounded with so many friendly faces that welcomed us and treated us with such hospitality. The food was absolutely incredible. From our rehearsal dinner to the wedding dinner to the late hour snacks we served. Everything was impeccable. I had

Sent on 02/10/2017

Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat's reply:

It was our pleasure to help make your special day the wedding of your dreams and we enjoyed every minute of it as well. Your choice of both levels was perfect to ensure the timing and the flow you desired for a beautiful December wedding, and to accommodate the great guests you had to share your memory-making day. Your Dad's happiness with the shrimp was a special moment for our team as well -- as we are in the business of creating smiles! We look forward to your next visit.

Wow.....we just had our wedding at Heartwood , and we can not RAVE enough about all this AMAZING venue!!!!!!!!!! We decided to spend the extra money to rent out both floors at Heartwood, and boy was it worth it!! We also decided to come in a few days early before the wedding to host fun activities leading up to our big day. Because there was no other wedding there that weekend, our friends, families & guests basically had the entire venue to ourselves, which was so incredibly fun! Our family and friends were blown away by the location's beauty and Heartwood staff's friendliness, and they had so much fun with all the outdoor activities on the property on the days leading up to and after the wedding. People also loved staying at the houses, cabins and cottages, but they definitely booked up fast.

While the venue was beautiful, the Heartwood staff were even better. First and foremost, Karla (the event planner) was absolutely on top of every detail and truly listened to what we were looking for. We were in contact early on with Karla and all that proactive communication really helped the day go so smoothly. On the day of the wedding, things went incredibly smoothly - despite a last minute change of indoor to outdoor ceremony. Further, the manager on call, catering staff, and front desk attendants were always willing to help answer questions or pitch in to help. They even surprised us by wrapping up an extra dinner and dessert for us after the wedding and putting it in our honeymoon suite. Overall, we cannot say enough about this venue and the staff. We can't wait to come back for years to come to celebrate our wedding anniversaries!!!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Heartwood Conference Center and Retreat's reply:

Thank you for your lovely words, we are truly thankful you chose Heartwood and our entire team enjoyed hosting your family and friends for such an amazing event. With all the activities you planned, having both levels gave you the flexibility to spread out and your guests to have a fantastic getaway -- they will never forget your wedding! We hope to be able to host you for a weekend or two when you need to build some more memories!

Laureen · Married on 06/20/2015

Our wedding at the Heartwood turned out absolutely perfect! I was a little skeptical at first because I was having trouble getting some of my questions answered, but I think the event planner was newer and I was jumping the gun with some of my questions. As the wedding drew closer, Karla (event planner) was amazing, responsive and always helpful. The Heartwood was flexible with all of our requests and the food was great and we had tons of compliments that the food was way better than typical wedding food. They seemed to really care that our day went as perfectly as possible, which meant a lot to us. Champagne toast was outside and the servers were prompt. Reception was upstairs and was beautiful and did not require much decorating at all. Everything was easy and smooth. We are from MPLS and many guests rented rooms. My best advice is have your guests rent their rooms ASAP, the Heartwood is lovely, and fills quickly. We rented a suite with a hot tub and it was perfect for me to get ready in due to the huge bathroom. We had a duplex as well for the groomsmen to get ready in. Many of our guests said they will be returning with their families and friends they liked it so much. Some had so much fun they requested we do another wedding next year! Thanks to the Heartwood, for making our day more special than we could have imagined.

Sent on 07/02/2015

As a former Wedding Planner, I had a specific vision of how I wanted our wedding to be and Heartwood made it happen!! We wanted a facility that had separate spaces for an indoor ceremony and reception for 130-150 guests, rehearsal dinner, lodging for everyone, was within 3 hours of the twin cities, was reasonably priced and had the decor that would fit with our city girl/country boy design preferences. We looked at 10+ places all over MN and WI and fell in love with Heartwood instantly. The Coordinators at Heartwood were great! They happily accommodated all of my ideas including our Wild Game Station and Pasta Bar Station! They were very collaborative during the planning process and the staff was on hand all weekend to help with whatever was needed. Karla the Event Manager was fabulous!!! The lodging facilities were awesome and very well priced. The hotel rooms are close to the reception room and there are many large cabins available a short drive away that accommodated the larger family groups. Our family and friends had so much fun!! Our group took over the resort and it allowed for a really fun bonding time between our 2 families. Many people commented on how this was the best wedding they have been to in a long time! I would highly recommend Heartwood to any bride!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Coming from a small town where renovations are rare, we found this GEM! Heartwood Conference Center is secluded, beautiful and the staff is GREAT! We had looked at various venues for our wedding, but none topped this place where we could hold the ceremony on the back lawn, hold dinner and dancing and then retire to lodging there as well without traveling. Other venues hadn't changed since my parents and friend's parents had gotten married, but this place looks brand new! Everything was clean, staff was more than accommodating, food was EXCELLENT—corn soufflé is highly recommended! We were blown away at for such a beautiful space how reasonably priced everything was. I would recommend this place to everyone and look forward to going back as a getaway in the near future!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Janine · Married on 06/09/2012

The staff at Heartwood bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Heartwood made our wedding absolutely perfect. The location is beautiful, the amenities are great, and the staff goes above and beyond to make your day absolutely special. They juggle a lot of events at any given time, so communication can sometimes be slow - but everything for our day turned out perfectly. Our event planner and all those we worked with seemed authentically excited for us and invested in making our day the best it could be. They were extremely accommodating. It was a day we will never forget! We plan to go back and visit :)

Sent on 11/24/2015

Alex&Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

3.5

Could not have picked a better place to celebrate our wedding! The staff were great to us, Amy, Wayne, Robin and even the maintenance personnel truly cared how our day went. Room reservations got a bit confusing at times, but did work out. Amy was so on top of things we didn't even know they needed to be done! Thank you

Sent on 07/08/2014

Amy, the event planner at Heartwood, was extremely helpful and responsive. If we sent her an email, she usually responded within two business days. She and the chef were also flexible when it came to what food we wanted and how we wanted things set up. Most of the receptionists that handled guest reservations were very pleasant and helpful.

Sent on 09/26/2012

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2007

3.0

The site is absolutely gorgeous! My husband and I had an outdoor ceremony, and the coordinator was out there working from morning until the time of the wedding. She really kept us organized, which allowed me to worry about getting myself ready, and not other details.
    The only downfall I had was that it was difficult to plan the wedding with them from a distance. It seemed as if they didn't experience that often, and they weren't as flexible with that. They always asked if I could drive out there and meet with them about something that could be discussed over email and phone. They didn't always seem to understand I wasn't going to drive 9 1/2 hours to talk for 1.

Sent on 11/21/2007