Hearts Video Reviews

82 Reviews for Hearts Video

Lizabeth · Married on 02/24/2007

4.2
      3.5

Chuck and Debbie were extremely professional during the wedding process. A few changes were needed on our video and they were patient and happy to asssist with our changes to ensure that we loved the finished product....as we do!
    We are so happy that we chose them to video our wedding day- the video memories will last a lifetime.

Sent on 01/14/2008
  • I

iris · Married on 01/02/2010

I almost didn't get a video and I am so glad that I did. The day goes by so quickly that it is impossible to experience everything. I am so excited that we will be able to relive our special day for years to come.

Sent on 01/22/2010

May · Married on 05/12/2007

3.0

Great people. Very nice. However a little bit late in getting us the final product. On the pricey side, but very well-worth the money.

Sent on 10/31/2007

Rachel · Married on 04/10/2010

3.2
      1.5
      3.0

Our wedding video turned out beautifully - Debbie did a great job at capturing the events of the day, and the quality of the film was wonderful. The highlight video was a great selection of the best moments, we will enjoy watching for years! She was also very pleasant and conscious of our guests - we never felt that she was "in the way" of guests, but she still managed to capture the action. Great work!

My complaint about Hearts is really their responsiveness and timing. It took us about 16 weeks after our wedding to receive the final video. I contacted them 4 weeks after the wedding to find out the status, and was told in the busy season it could be 8-10 weeks after our wedding date - OK, understandable. After 12 weeks, I contacted them again, and did not receive a response. At 13 weeks, I called and was told "oh...yeah...we'll send it out to you" (which they did immediately - obviously had just forgotten to mail it). The highlight video was not included, and the date on the title page was wrong. So, I emailed again and they fixed the date and added the highlight video. All said and done - 16 weeks after our wedding. Kind of a pain in the butt, but the quality was great, so I certainly don't regret choosing them and will only think happy thoughts when we watch our video!

Sent on 08/24/2010

Maritza · Married on 03/06/2009

3.5

Cara did a a nice job filming throughout the ceremony and reception. The final edited version was beautiful and captured all of the important events throughout the day.
    The time it took to recieve the DVD was little to be desired. I called after 12 weeks to find if the video was ready, they said it was, and it would be mailed the following day. After a week and a half it was not in my mailbox, I called again. They said it was mailed, but they would mail it again. I waited another week and a half, still nothing, so I called again. Fed up, I drove an hour each way to pick up the DVD.
    Seems funny that the video needed to be picked up after waiting 3 weeks, yet the contract arrived at my house within 2 days of my initial phone interview with Hearts Video with the same address on file.

Sent on 06/30/2009

Hearts Video's reply:

Our contract states that the videos will be completed within 8-14 weeks from the day of the event and may be a bit longer during peak periods such as the spring. We beat this turnaround time approximately 75% of the time and met the goal in this case. The video was shipped to the address on the contract as specified but the client had moved and failed to notify us. This is why the video was not received immediately.

1.8
      1.0

We've gone through at least five versions of our wedding video because each one we received contained some error. Finally after talking to Chuck Lewis, he told us that all the problems were fixed and the DVDs we received would work. After trying them out, one of the DVDs skipped. It is also very difficult to get a hold of these people. The wedding movie itself was well done and we have no complaints, but the customer service and quality of editing is extremely lacking. It's almost seven months later and it's still not right. I know there are tons of great reviews on here, so I don't know what happened with us. Cara was wonderful to work with on our wedding day and she was very helpful, but the amount of problems we've had with the videos is disheartening.

Sent on 02/25/2013

Hearts Video's reply:

We are very saddened to read this review. Our reputation and experience goes into each video that we create and in her words "the wedding movie itself was well done and we have no complaints." We spent months going back and forth with requested changes to her final video since we strive for 100% customer satisfaction. We are always available at our full time office, by e-mail, by phone, or by Facebook if you need to contact us.

Jennifer · Married on 05/02/2014

0.2
      0.0

We contracted Hearts Video for our daughters wedding. It has to be the most poorly done video I have ever seen. Imagine our surprise when the beginning of the video shows 2 guys posing for the camera that were not connected to the wedding in any way. We didn't even know who they were! A ten year old could have done a better job editing. The lighting was poor, there was no continuity and the video was choppy. It was worse than a home movie. Whoever shot & edited our video should be fired. Stay away from this company. We wasted $900 for this shoddy garbage.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Hearts Video's reply:

This is very upsetting. This client never expressed any dissatisfaction with their video. This review is the first indication that there was any type of problem at all and it is made more than 5 months after they received their videos. There indeed is a clip of two men who appeared to be guests at the wedding but weren't. We would have gladly removed this clip and would have addressed any other editing issues to the best of our abilities. Multiple attempts have been made to contact this client but there has been no reply. This could very well be a compatibility issue between the disc and their player because we are simply not seeing the same issues described above but again we have not been allowed to address this possibility. We feel this video is a good representation of what we do and is in line with the samples on our website. We will still do whatever we can to ensure this client's satisfaction but must be given the chance to do so.