The Heartline Cafe Reviews

The Heartline Cafe 5
The Heartline Cafe 6
The Heartline Cafe 7

Charles · Married on 04/07/2018

Made sure our wedding day was perfect in every way. Thank you Heartline!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Cherrie · Married on 09/30/2017

Heartline Cafe catered for my daughter's wedding on September 30, 2017. The service was prompt and excellent. The food was very flavorful and the presentation was exceptional. We have also dined in the restaurant and had a similar experience. My family and I highly recommend Heartline Cafe for all occasions. A heartfelt thank you to Phillis and her team for preparing this wonderful meal for my family and our guests, who spoke highly of the food. She made this experience memorable.

Cherrie M.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Naomi · Married on 10/16/2016

We had our farewell brunch the morning after our wedding at Heartline Cafe. They knocked it out of the park. I spoke with Becky and she was so wonderful and the food was exactly what we wanted. You must get the lemon cream stuffed french toast; it is to die for. All of our guests raved about the space and declared it "the best breakfast of their lives". I cannot recommend Heartline Cafe enough. They were so accommodating, responded immediately to my inquiry and the brunch was perfect!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/09/2016

My husband and I used Heartline Cafe for our rehearsal dinner and for our wedding. We did the rehearsal dinner at the actual Heartline Cafe, which was lovely! It was so cute and there was indoor and outdoor space. Phyllis was SO sweet and warm. It was an absolute pleasure working with her during the planning and during the actual events. The food was delicious and we had a lot of our guests come up to us and comment on how delicious the food was! Thank you, Heartline Cafe!!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Jessica · Married on 03/07/2015

Phyllis and her staff at Heartline Cafe are simply fabulous!!!
    We were so lucky to be able to work with Heartline for our wedding. Our venue was at a location in Sedona, and they brought their A-team to make our day perfectly flawless.
    From the H'Orderves the salad to the dinner, every guest raved about how fabulous the food tasted. We had plenty of food for our guests to enjoy and even had the option for second helpings. We even needed to change our timeframe around on the spot, and without fail, the team made it happen and our guests had no idea. Biggest thank you to Heartline for that impromptu adjustment!!!! Our bartender was sweet and friendly and engaged our guests in conversation.
    They also suggested heaters, and so glad they did. As the sun went down, it got chilly and our guests could enjoy the outdoors with a little warmth.
    The flatware rental was fabulous, and matched perfectly with the style we were trying to create for the wedding. Mind you while you are reading that we complied everything by phone and email. Phyllis is an absolute professional, and absolutely nailed it!
    Thank you for making our day so special, I highly recommend Heartline for any event, in house or out.

Sent on 04/01/2015

Robin · Married on 10/12/2014

We had a destination wedding in Sedona, AZ and were in search of an intimate venue for our reception dinner. Heartline Cafe was perfect! We booked the Fireside Room for our dinner and enjoyed the beautiful setting and delicious food.

We received very personal attention prior to our event. Everyone we worked with was flexible and did everything possible to ensure our reception would be a success. Our guests loved it so much, we went back for breakfast the next morning - all 16 of us!

Sent on 10/23/2014

I cannot say enough good things about the heartline! I worked with Rachel and Phillis and they were both wonderful. They worked with us to come up with the perfect menu and were really flexible with our budget. The service was great and everyone raved about the good. Everything was really personalized, they even printed a menu with a quote of our choice. I really appreciated all the little things and am so happy that we picked the heartline.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Jeanne · Married on 06/22/2014

Great food, excellent service. Gary was our Captain for our event and we loved working with him!!!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Cynthia · Married on 05/24/2014

We had many compliments on the food at our daughter's wedding. Everyone we worked with at Heartline was responsive and pleasant to deal with.

Sent on 06/03/2014

We just had our wedding ceremony in the Fireside Room and it was the perfect reception venue for our 25 person wedding. We loved having the room to ourselves, including the patio. The decor provided by Heartline was lovely and there were several color options. The food was absolutely delicious and plentiful - there were a ton of options to choose from. I loved the Gnocchi. The pecan bites for dessert are still being talked about by my family. It was the perfect amount of space for us. There was room for some dancing. We also loved being able to celebrate with our small dog. Finally, it was BYOB, which gave us the opportunity to select our own wines, beers and champagne. Heartline Cafe was the ideal venue for our needs.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Susan · Married on 02/15/2014

OhMyGosh! Dani and Heartline Cafe rescued (I'm not using that term loosely)... rescued our wedding. My now husband :) and I chose a small wedding 35 guest, over the orginally plan of 250 guests. We opted for quality and not quantity. All we wanted was good food, good music and a great photographer for great memories. Please also note we planned our wedding in 3 short weeks. Thru a few bumps in the road, and one caterer down, my husband was revived by Dani at Heartline. Not only did she meet our needs and expectations, she exceeded them by adding her special TLC amongst the chaos. Always in the background she made our day run smoothly and get this.. the food and service was Fabulous! All based on Dani's recommendations. She was there for us during consultation ( I cried), she wad one of the first beautiful faces I saw when we arrived at the venue on Friday ( Booked venue site unseen) and she was there on my perfect day making sure things were getting done. Not once did she hesitate to a request not once did we discuss anything other than "how can we make this better." I am soooooo thankful for Dani and Heartline not only for the the quality of their food but to Dani's commitment making sure we were ok throughout the entire process. My day was memorable for many reasons, and Dani from Heartline is one of them. ♡

Sent on 03/05/2014

Dena · Married on 06/22/2013

Heartline cafe offered great friendly service at my sisters wedding.I'm a vegetarian and a huge foodie so I'm quite picky, and everything I had was phenomenal! I didn't eat the meat dishes obviously but everyone else loved them! Nancy and Gary were wonderful and so helpful the whole way through!!!

Sent on 06/27/2013

heartline café was nothing if not professional Phyllis and dani were wonderful to work with from the beginning. I planned my wedding from across the country with ease through emails and phone calls. They will work with you on your budget to create a masterpiece for your guests. All of the food is just phenomenal, they want you to enjoy every bite and even though there is a large amount of food being prepared the integrity they put into each and every dish never wavers. there were very few things that went as planned for our wedding, in fact heartline was my only vendor that did as was expected. Gary and Nancy were beyond amazing at our wedding all of our guests kept telling us how wonderful they were and of course I saw for myself. I would recommend them to any and everyone thank you again!!!!!! cant wait to dine at heartline sometime in the future!!!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Casey · Married on 11/03/2012

It's been a year and I still get a little thrill when we drive past the Heartline in Sedona. We had the BEST WEDDING RECEPTION EVER in the Fireside Room and patio - ask any of the almost 50 people who attended, they'll tell you. :) We plan to do it again when we renew our vows - we've actually had requests from our guests "Can we please all go in on a party there?" So, yes, this was a great vendor and a great venue. Here's what I looked for, in no particular order of importance:

Affordability - great food, really great choices, at a reasonable price. At the Heartline I paid for the ENTIRE DINNER for 50 about the same amount which I would have paid to reserve the patio at Enchantment (chairs, tables and anything else would have been extra - oh, and you can only reserve less than 30 days in advance).
    Flexibility - pottery lanterns and goblets all over? Sure. Signature Stones on the tables? Sure. DJ outside, guitarist inside? Sure! Whatever scheme I came up with they managed to make it work, beautifully.
    Location - About 5 minutes from the "Y" in Sedona, this is a great location and was very easy for our out of town guests to find.
    Deliciousness - The FOOD!!!! The trout. Oh my god. The gnocchi. The pepper steak. The garlic mashed. The desserts!!!! Wow.
    Charm - the Fireside room is just a-dorable. Many options for seating depending on the number of attendees, with an equally adorable outside patio - that's where we had our open bar.
    BYOB - did I mention you can BYOB? You can BYOB. If you've been shopping you know this is a HUGE savings and will allow you to provide some better vintages/top shelf liquors than we would have been able to provide otherwise. And yes, Sedona has cabs! Reserve in advance like I did. :)
    Easy to work with - I managed one site visit, but even without that I had seating charts, photos, many conversations with Phyllis and Dani - who were both wonderful We made a friend..
    Service - The staff was AWESOME!

Sent on 11/05/2013

pamela · Married on 06/09/2012

We had our intimate wedding reception at the fireside room at the heartline cafe. the main reason was becasue of their great food and very cost effective service. I am very happy with how they handled the reception. Service was great. Most of my guests were very pleased with the food. They also took care of the decorations. All i did was bring in the materials needed the day before, gave them instructions then show up for the reception. They have provided pretty linens without the extra cost. The best part was we were able to bring in our own alcohol and they served it with no extra charge. we wouldnt have done it any other way. Highly recommended. Thanks Heartline! Kudos and great job!!!

Sent on 06/23/2012

Julia · Married on 01/14/2012

We cannot say enough about Phyllis and the staff at the Heartline. The food is fabulous, but the best part is the hospitality. We felt just like extended family in making our arrangements. They handled everything! Definite bonus that you can bring your own wine and champagne. We love all the staff at Heartline!
    Thank you all so much!

Sent on 01/19/2012
  • michelle

michelle · Married on 11/11/2011

The food was amazing. The did both our rehersal and wedding. Dani Simpson, who coordinated everything, actually got our tent rented for us (werent planning on having a tent but due to weather had to) she was there the morning of at 6 am to see everything got set up just right. She worked the wedding and was there whenever I needed her. THe food was amazing and people are still talking about how yummy and fun the wedding was. We love The Heartline Cafe

Sent on 02/03/2012

abigail · Married on 09/03/2011

Dani and Phyllis were just wonderful, they helped us find the venue and helped us with so many other wedding details. The food is amazing, our guests were incredibly happy with the food (so did we) and with the service. They always received us with a big smile and a hug, helped us with ideas and with other vendors.
    They really made my wedding planning so easy and our wedding day went great!

Thank you soooooo much!!!!

Sent on 09/20/2011

jessica · Married on 02/12/2011

The venue was stunning once it was set up. They provided a cozy and comfortable setting for our smaller wedding reception. The staff was very friendly, and the food was AMAZING!!! The pre-fix menu made it easy for our guests to have the feel of a very costly reception that was still in our price point. Very flexible with planning. Would highly recommend to anyone with 20 or less for their reception

Sent on 03/01/2011
  • chrismarie

Christine · Married on 10/26/2010

Exquisite ambiance, exceptional food and service. They delivered a high level of quality in all areas at a very reasonable price. We enthusiastically recommend Heartline Cafe as a top-notch venue for a wedding reception.

Sent on 11/10/2010

Scott · Married on 10/09/2010

My wife and I just got married in October in Sedona and being the groom I was given the responsibility of planning the rehearsal dinner. Because this was the one big thing I had to take care of, we visited at least five other restaurants before finding Heartline Cafe and once we saw the atmosphere and tried the food we instantly knew this place was for us. Becky and Dani did a great job planning our big event well in advance. They were very professional and detail-oriented (they had me decide on the color of napkins and what the little menus should say!).

Whenever we dine out, we look for 3 things in particular: how the food tastes, the quality of service, and the atmosphere. On all three levels, they exceeded expectations! We chose to have our event on the patio, an intimate area ideal for our group of 50. We offered our guests three different main courses: the freshly-caught trout, the pecan-crusted chicken, and the sirloin. Our group only had good things to say about the food. And then the service.. it was exceptional. There was never an empty glass and the staff stayed out of the way and let us have our own private party. The only thing we were concerned about was how chilly it got and how the heaters weren't working, however the staff was quick to hand deliver blankets for all guests that asked for one.

Overall the food was great, the atmosphere was perfect for us, and the staff (both before the event and during the event) were professional and very positive. It was a great dining experience that people are still talking about!

Sent on 12/15/2010

alex · Married on 06/12/2010

We had both our wedding and Reception here and i recommend you do too if you are looking at this place you will love it, great staff the list goes on and on!!!!

Sent on 06/17/2010

John · Married on 05/01/2010

Our daughter's wedding was catered by Heartline Cafe and they were excellent. They worked with our daughter who lives out of state for months. They made very helpful recommendations for the reception. The food was excellent. The staff worked very hard on a cool night out-of-doors to make everything happen. We could not recommend them more highly.

Sent on 05/04/2010

Dawn · Married on 05/01/2010

My husband and I planned our wedding from Brooklyn, NY. We were so fortunate to find Heartline Cafe. They were friendly and flexible from the beginning. They use many local ingredients in their food, which was important to us. And everything was so fresh and delicious. I received many compliments from wedding guests about the food. The staff was awesome, both with planning and staffing the reception. Phyllis, Dani and Becky were wonderfully responsive. They gave me much needed reassurance when I floated them ideas. They were so enthusiastic about making my vision reality. They also gave me guidance based on their many years of experience and extensive contacts in the area, which was crucial given my long distance planning. I also got help from them with rentals coordination and contacts with my band and venue people. We felt like they were invested in making our event really special. The staff they had to work the reception were very enthusiastic and positive and personable too (Walker's the best!). We would strongly recommend working with Heartline as your caterer. And their restaurant is amazing also.

Sent on 05/28/2010

Scott · Married on 10/03/2009

We loved Heartline Cafe! In fact we cancelled another caterer and forfeited $1000 to boost our confidence by going with Phyllis Cline and Heartline Cafe. Phyllis is the most passionate person in the field. She puts herself in the bride's shoes to ensure 100% satisfaction. Phyllis even went above and beyond the call of duty by stepping in to be our wedding coordinator during our event. We couldn't have been happier! Even for an offsite venue, the food was hot and delicious.

Sent on 05/07/2010