Heald Wedding Consulting Reviews

Heald Wedding Consulting 1
Heald Wedding Consulting 2
Heald Wedding Consulting 3
Heald Wedding Consulting 4

Cristina was amazing helped me with everything I needed and more. Great person with a great attitude. Only wish I hired her earlier.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Annalise · Married on 10/14/2012

Cristina is spectacular! When I started planning my wedding I didn't think I was going to need any help. I am SO very thankful that I changed my mind and found such a wonderful wedding planner.
    Cristina agreed to squeeze our wedding in to her schedule, even though she already had a wedding the night before more than 100 miles away. While that could have meant that we didn't get her full attention, you would NEVER know it. I always felt like her TOP priority.
    Cristina is excellent at returning phone calls and emails quickly. She is full of great ideas on how to save money, stay organized and get things done efficiently. I worked with Cristina for the month and day of planning services. I LOVED that she dealt with all of the many separate vendors, companies and the venue to coordinate drop offs, set up and breakdown. On the day of my wedding I didn't have to think about anything but showing up at the venue and having fun, which we did!
    Cristina is not pushy in any way, but very helpful in guiding you in the right direction to create the day of your dreams. You can tell that she really loves her job and strives to do her very best.
    I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner. Thank you for everything Cristina!

Sent on 03/21/2013

Matthew · Married on 09/22/2012

I worked with Cristina for Grant & Mikhaila's wedding. I was the Entertainer/DJ. She consulted with me prior to the wedding via phone & email. The couple had some specific things they wanted to do at the reception & the ceremony. Cristina was flexible, timely, helped keep everyone on cue & very gracious to work with. I enjoyed working with her at this wedding so much I said if her clients need entertainment in her new market (250 miles from me) I'd welcome the chance to work with her again.

Sent on 12/06/2012

Jackie · Married on 09/15/2012

Cristina was amazing ! We probably would not have had a successful wedding without her! She went above and beyond what we could have expected from her... As my husband put it "the money we spent on her services were worth every penny... She should charge more!" Do not doubt hiring her she really is amazing and the sweetest to work with:) we loved her!!

Sent on 12/15/2012

Cindi · Married on 08/11/2012

My partner and I had a small budget for our wedding, but I was adamant about having a day-of wedding coordinator so we could relax on the wedding day (since I can be a detail-worrier). I looked all over Craigslist and WeddingWire and contacted a number of planners for quotes. Cristina Heald of Heald Wedding Consulting had the most reasonable price by far for day-of planning services for planners with multiple strong reviews. The WeddingWire reviews made me confident in my decision to choose her, and the first emails and initial meeting with her sealed the deal. Cristina was professional, warm, courteous, and organized from the start. Her day-of planning services were an absolute value for what was included- an initial meeting, a pre-wedding site visit, her presence and advice at the wedding rehearsal, and of course, day-of planning services. For the site visit, she drove out to our wedding location & spent a number of hours with us planning how the ceremony and reception should be set up. She gave advice on where to set up chairs and tables for our guests and the caterers, anticipated problems we had not thought of yet and helped us troubleshoot them, created a floor plan for the reception venue, and generally helped to put us at ease that details were taken care of. On the day of, Cristina arrived on time and helped coordinate set-up at the ceremony & reception venues (our friends were setting up chairs/tables/flowers). We actually had a huge problem at the ceremony site when a crazy neighbor decided to disrupt the ceremony with loud music & obscene ranting, but she helped to calm the situation down as much as possible, & I was very glad she was there. Even though we ultimately could not control this disruption, it was the kind of situation where you want someone else to be in charge, not you or your partner. Overall, she did a fantastic job. I recommend her without reservation! Please feel free to contact me at cindiaugsjoost@gmail.com with any questions.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2012

We hired Cristina as a "day-of" wedding coordinator after feeling overwhelmed and realizing just how much there was to coordinate. We looked around online, and came across Cristina, and loved her reasonable prices and great reviews! Cristina and her team were so friendly and helpful, and went above and beyond to help make sure all the little details for the day-of were taken care of. She offered to search for items and pick them up locally and bring them to the wedding location, saving us the time, worry, and headache of searching for items on our own. For the day of the wedding, Cristina made us all feel at ease. She made sure things ran smoothly, and we could not have been happier! Hiring Cristina was one of the best decisions we made, and it would have not been the same without her! She was awesome! We highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 12/19/2012

Laura · Married on 07/05/2012

Do not choose a coordinator other than Cristina--the best decision we made in the process of planning our wedding!

Cristina is genuine, thoughtful and sincerely cares. It's hard to imagine how we would ever have managed without her. She kept all the various aspects of the wedding planning on schedule and well organized, anticipating any upcoming hurdles, while at the same time projecting a sense of calm. She also paid great attention to detail- hands down one of the best communicator I’ve ever met to date.

She. Is. Amazing!!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Jeana · Married on 06/16/2012

We hired Cristina as our day-of coordinator and we could not have made a better choice! Cristina was extremely organized and never lost track of any of the minute details that are so important to a wedding. I never had to remind her of anything we had spoken about previously, which was so reassuring. I knew I could trust her to take detailed notes and follow up on everything we discussed. She also had a fantastic attitude--super positive, helpful, and proactive about everything. I can't count the number of times she said, "I'll take care of that!" in the last couple months leading up to the wedding. She handled so many things that I didn't even realize were included in the services. She also intervened on our behalf when one of our vendors proved to be difficult to work with, which greatly reduced my stress the week before the wedding. On the day of the wedding everything ran perfectly, except for the 105 degree weather, which is apparently the only problem Cristina can't fix! The difficult vendor continued to be difficult but Cristina completely protected us and we had no involvement at all. All of our decorations were exactly as we wanted them to be. We stuck to our schedule. We and our guests had a great time, and I even got compliments from our photographer on how much she enjoyed working with Cristina.

In short, I can't recommend Cristina highly enough. I feel lucky to have found her, and I think you will too!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Adrienne · Married on 11/19/2011

First off, hiring a day-of wedding coordinator was the by far the best decision my husband and I made during our planning process. We got some advice from some of our newlywed friends that it is worth the cost for this service (but conflicting advice from our parents). We were a little hesitant at first because it was money we weren't planning on spending and I thought we could handle the planning ourselves. About mid-year, we decided that we definitely wanted to hire someone so that our friends, family, and we didn't have to worry about details and vendor coordination the day of our wedding.

After I talked with Cristina of Heald Consulting, I knew she was perfect! She was so organized and was so welcoming on the phone. She made me feel comfortable and didn't make me feel silly for not having everything together and planned.

Working with Cristina was absolutely amazing and so worth it! She not only made us feel less stressed, but took care of things we never even thought of! From the moment we hired her, she was available via phone and email at anytime. She responded back to any questions incredibly fast (which is sometimes rare with those who work in the wedding business). She helped guide me with decisions I needed to make and always made us feel like we were doing such a great job with our planning. Throughout the couple months of back and forth communications with here, it showed that she had such a great background in weddings and in wedding planning.

Closer to the wedding she kept my husband and I on track for decisions and tasks we needed to be doing. She took over vendor correspondence (which by the way is so amazing not to have to worry about that stuff) and she also helped coordinate with the venue coordinator. She put together a timeline and worked with us through figuring out what we needed throughout the day and when everything would happen. That was one thing I was really stressed about and having Cristina lead that process was amazing. When we found out our cake stand was too small the day before our wedding, Cristina offered to let us borrow one of hers! She

On the day of our wedding, Cristina was running around all day making sure everything was on track and our vendors were set up and on time. She dealt with last minute details and helped make our ceremony site and reception site look out of this world! She made sure my vision for the decor was executed perfectly. She definitely went WAY above and beyond what I expected... she even helped our guests get to the shuttle at the end of the night by holding umbrellas over them so they wouldn't get wet in the rain!

I would highly recommend Heald Wedding Consulting to all brides!!!

Sent on 12/18/2011
  • Kira

Kira · Married on 11/05/2011

Hiring Cristina was one of our best decisions for our wedding at Paradise Ridge Winery in November 2011. She was so organized and she did so much more than we were expecting! One of my friends who had gotten married a year prior said her one piece of advice was to hire a wedding consultant, and I am so happy we got Cristina!

She was very fairly priced for all the services she assisted with.

She was so helpful and willing to put in a lot of time. She saved my ass by tying up loose ends I never would have been able to manage days before the ceremony. And the wedding day she was absolutely essential. She went above and beyond and seemed to be everywhere at once. So impressed with her dedication.

On the day of the wedding she had so many supplies for every possible hiccup. She even brought a steamer which was a lifesaver when my flower girl's dress had a massive crease on the bodice.

Thank you Cristina - you were an important key to making our wedding day what we always hoped it would be.

Sent on 11/17/2012

Danielle · Married on 09/18/2011

Cristina Heald was the best thing that happened to our wedding planning! From the moment we met her, we knew she was the perfect fit to plan our big day. We interviewed her before signing the contract, and she impressed us when she arrived early to the meeting and brought us an organized folder that included descriptions of her services as well as recommendations for how to select different vendors. We thought she was fantastic and offered her the job. Even though she was planning a wedding in Healdsburg the day before our wedding, and the actual day of our wedding was her daughter’s second birthday, Cristina still agreed to do our wedding in Santa Rosa. This is a great example of how hard working and devoted she is to her job!

We hired Cristina for the “I’ve Got It All Planned” package in March 2011 for our September 2011 wedding at Vintners Inn, and it was truly a joy to work with her for those six months. She is very responsive to all emails, phone calls, and requests. I always heard back from her in 24 hours or less—and usually it was right away. She has great contacts with vendors; we used her recommendations for a DJ and florist and we loved both of them. She is very organized and created a beautiful binder for my wedding that housed important documents, correspondence, vendor contracts, etc. She also sent us timelines at the beginning of each month to make sure that we stay on track and keep up to date on all of our vendor payments.

My husband and I live in San Francisco and were unfamiliar with the city of Santa Rosa. To make it easier for us to get around, every time we drove up to Santa Rosa for wedding-related meetings, Cristina would create an itinerary for the day to ensure that we used our time efficiently. She would make appointments for us and plan them geographically so the day flowed smoothly.

She is a great listener and pays exceptional attention to detail. Nothing ever fell through the cracks, and she did a great job of staying on top of all our vendors to make sure that they did everything they promised. She has great suggestions and provides great input and recommendations, but she always made sure to carry out my vision and listen to what I wanted.

Our wedding was the first Jewish wedding that she planned, and I was touched that she took the time to learn the traditions and even created a special section in her binder for the elements of a Jewish wedding. There are seven blessings that are read during a Jewish ceremony, and I asked Cristina to print them. I was expecting just a simple photocopy, but instead she brought beautiful handmade cards that she created for each blessing. It was such a thoughtful gesture, and a great example of how Cristina always went above and beyond my expectations.

When the wedding weekend came around, Cristina was the consummate professional. She ran the rehearsal like clockwork, and was very patient and stayed with us until we all felt comfortable. On the actual wedding day, I was able to relax and fully enjoy the day. I had so much trust and faith in her abilities that I felt comfortable leaving all the details to her. She did a fantastic job and seemed to be in a million places all at once. Everything went smoothly and according to schedule, and everything looked exactly the way I wanted. She made sure that everything was in its right place, and at the end of the night all the little details (such as the flower girl’s basket, the ring bearer pillow, the antique cake cutting knife, the wedding presents, etc.) all ended up neatly packed away in our room.

We also hired Cristina to help us with the post wedding brunch. She picked up all the food at 9am, set it up, stayed with us until the end, and even helped us deliver the leftovers to a food kitchen. It was amazing to have her expert help in the months leading up to and during the wedding.

Words cannot express how much I enjoyed working with her and what an amazing job she did. I wish I could give her 500 stars, instead of just five ;-). Thanks to Cristina, we had the wedding of our dreams. I know that she has a fabulous career ahead of her.

Thank you, Cristina! You are the best!!!

Sent on 12/21/2011

Mariam · Married on 09/17/2011

Cristina was just fantastic - we got the complete package that she offers and it was a great decision. My husband and I live in Washington, DC, and we were planning a wedding at my parent's place in Healdsburg. The main reason we wanted a wedding coordinator was so we wouldn't have to worry (or have our parents worry) the day of the wedding about vendors and timing and all of that, since the wedding was at my parents' home. Cristina was amazing in that regard - I felt so comfortable with her, and she was great at telling me just enough so that I would know what to do next, but without overwhelming me with details. She was also invaluable in dealing with our vendors, especially coordinating between our caterer and rentals, since our catering manager was replaced a couple months before the wedding, and everybody had a lot of questions about what items we needed and what we didn't. Overall, we couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 02/19/2012

Katie · Married on 09/10/2011

Cristina is amazing! We hired her as our “day of coordinator” and she went above and beyond everything we expected!

Cristina was always available for us and she is extremely organized. She gave us many ideas we didn’t even think about that we ultimately used for our wedding. She was by our side through every meeting and handled contacting our vendors. She sent us emails containing deadlines, payments to be made and what should be handled every step of the way.

When we had a problem with the time line scheduling of the wedding day she contacted the vendors, fixed the problem and made the day run smoothly. She took charge and was very thorough. We had no stress at all during the planning process as well as our wedding day thanks to Cristina.

We would recommend her to anyone! She really made our wedding day the most memorable and best day of our life. Words can’t express how thankful we are to have had Cristina as our wedding consultant. Thank you for everything Cristina!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Lillian · Married on 09/04/2011

Cristina was the day-of coordinator for our wedding in Napa Valley in September 2011. I knew that we would need a day-of coordinator, but I didn't realize how much until the day-of!!

We chose the ceremony/reception location because we fell in love with the place. But that's all it was - a place - a beautiful place! We had to bring the furniture rentals, the caterer, the bartender and band. It doesn't sound like much, but I found myself, the week before my wedding, in Michaels, buying table numbers. That's right, we had to bring our own table numbers. And containers for cigarette butts and garbage bins for garbage removal! It was an intense wedding to organize. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have Cristina coordinate the whole thing!

But, on the wedding day as I was getting ready and looking through a window over the venue -- there was Cristina, ensuring that everything was perfect -- cracking her whip in the nicest way possible! I was NOT expecting a perfect wedding day, nothing is perfect right? Well my wedding was perfect, thanks to Cristina's foresight, hard work and sweat!

Remember those table numbers? Well, they kept blowing over in the wind. Awesome. So, Cristina fashioned new ones out of the vintage-y Mexican Coke bottles we were serving before the ceremony. I'm talking scissors and tape here people! Oh, and they looked great!! And, when the caterers decided to leave without cleaning everything off of the tables, there was Cristina with a garbage bag, making sure things were in tip-top shape so the rental company didn't charge us extra.

AND, on top of her day-of duties, she helped us coordinate the rentals (and got us a discount) and offered us access to her list of florists and other vendors. She gave us advice about how to pull off aspects of our wedding on a budget. She went above and beyond the call of duty.

Did I mention that I forgot to tell Cristina that we changed the time of our rehearsal? So when she drove an hour out of her way to get to the reception site and called me, I was horrified at my own forgetfulness (and really, really sorry to inconvenience her). But, Cristina took it all in stride and used the time to check over the furniture rentals. Then, she drove home and back again in the evening for our rehearsal. And, she was smiling!

It's pretty obvious that Cristina loves what she does. Otherwise I don't know how she would put up with forgetful brides like me. THANK YOU CRISTINA!!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Abby · Married on 08/27/2011

I can't say enough good things about Cristina's kindness, organization, and professionalism. Cristina was our day-of-wedding coordinator. About two months before our wedding, we realized we had wayyyy to many DIY elements and moving parts to our wedding to be able to enjoy the wedding day without worrying about executing all the minute details. We decided to find a day-of-coordinator, and after our consultation with Cristina, we felt such a sense of relief! She clearly knew what she was doing, asking all the right questions and giving us advice without being pushy. Her services are offered at an incredible value for how hard she works. It's very clear that she loves her job and wants to help brides and grooms have the best possible wedding day imaginable (we did!). As far as pre-wedding specifics, Cristina helped us make a realistic day-of-timeline, reviewed contracts, contacted our vendors to confirm arrival times and service details, did a site visit at our wedding location, met with us the week of the wedding to go over all our DIY elements and decoration setup, coordinated the ceremony rehearsal the day before the wedding, and was available by phone and email for any issues that came up. On the day of the wedding, Cristina picked up and transported our (DIY) flowers to the wedding site, set up all the decorations, ensured that we were on schedule (again, with flexibility and without being pushy), worked seamlessly with our caterer and photographer, made cute printouts of our vows for us to have at the altar in case we forgot them (ahem, I did!), had extra printouts of everything we could possibly need, made sure our marriage license got signed (almost forgot that one!), and just generally served as a source of support for us and was the go-to person for anyone who had questions. Again, I can't express how happy we were with Cristina, she is a great person and wonderful, effective wedding coordinator!

Sent on 10/12/2011

Josa · Married on 07/23/2011

Heald Wedding Consulting (HWC) was the key to ensuring that everything we had planned for our Wedding Day happened *as planned*. Cristina of HWC met with me several months before the wedding when I already had a "vision" but hadn't found or booked my vendors and most of the execution on the vision still needed to happen.
    She provided me with timelines for the next few months and helpful tips for working with the different vendors I would hire. She provided suggestions for vendors, decor, site layout, day-of timelines and more based on the priorities and needs that I had described to her in our first meeting.
    HWC was always available for ideas, help, guidance, as a sounding board and a sanity check when I needed it. Cristina is incredibly organized and all of my vendors told me directly that she was wonderful for them to work with. HWC checked in with me proactively to make sure that no balls were dropped and to make sure that we were both on the same page throughout the process. Once vendors were selected, she was the primary point of contact between the vendors and me reducing the amount of paperwork I had to deal with and making sure there were no day-of "oops" with any of the vendors or rental items that we needed. On the day of our wedding, she handled all the logistics, details and management of who-goes-where-when while still being "cool as a cucumber" (quote from the groom). Our day went as planned and I got to enjoy the entire day - my husband and I even sat down through the entire dinner! All in all she is as professional as you could want and is absolutely wonderful to work with!

Sent on 08/03/2011

Kathleen · Married on 04/30/2011

Christina was a wonderful find. She is professional and organized and always available for your need's. She will undoubtedly make your wedding planning a smooth and fun experience.

Sent on 05/24/2011

Michael · Married on 10/16/2010

We used Christina of Heald Wedding Consulting to coordinate our daughter Jessica's wedding last October. Christina was magnificent. She was on top of everything concerning the wedding from the initial meeting. This made everything soooo much easier for Jessica and Jeffery to actually enjoy the wedding and not worry about anything.

Christina was everything we could ever want in a wedding planner. She is kind, conscientious, listens to understand then performs flawlessly. She was great about calling us up and reminding us what needed to be done next and remind us of important appointments and deadlines. We could never have pulled off as successful a wedding without her.

The Foster/Faulkner family can't sing high enough praises for Christina and our hopes go with her to have a wonderfully successful wedding consulting business.

Sent on 05/23/2011

Candice · Married on 09/12/2010

Let’s just put it this way...while living in Utah and just two months away from the wedding date Cristina was able to help us get organized and on track for mine and my husbands ceremony and reception all the way in California. She also contacted our vendors and wedding site to set up a schedule for the day before and day of the wedding. Since her business is based in California we were able to communicate via phone and email. Cristina was able to help in almost every aspect of the wedding. In fact, the only part of the wedding that she wasn’t able to contribute to was cutting and pasting wedding invitations and programs for the ceremony (and I’m sure she would have been happy to help if only she weren’t 750+ miles away). She was able to answer all of our questions plus help us put together last minute details for things that we didn’t even think of. With any question or concern we had she was ready with answers, ideas, examples and recommendations. She was always professional and super sweet. On the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly. My husband and I were all able to relax and enjoy the day instead of worrying about all the small details. By the end of the reception many of our friends and family couldn’t help but notice and mention to us that Cristina was amazing! And I agree. I give her two thumbs up. I would give more but I only have the two. Oh my husband is giving her two thumbs up also. I guess that makes four!

Sent on 12/18/2010

Katie · Married on 07/20/2013

Cristina did an amazing job in the months, weeks and days leading up to our wedding, getting our ideas organized and executing our plan. She is very organized and very professional. I was nervous to let go of any control, and Cristina managed to keep me in the loop so that I didn't feel like I'd lost any control. She asked us to fill out a lot of paperwork that I wasn't thrilled about in the beginning, but I realized that she does everything for a reason and everything she asked for came to great use. The day of could not have been more perfect thanks almost completely to Cristina's hard work.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Heald Wedding Consulting's reply:

Hey Katie!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! I really appreciate your time, and input! I am so glad all came together so well, and you enjoyed working together. I enjoyed seeing you and Jason both relax and celebrate with your families, and I am so honored you let me be a part of such a memorable time in your lives!

I hope all is well! Have a fantastic holiday season!

Linda · Married on 03/21/2015

Originally I was on the fence about needing a coordinator but I'm so glad I came to my senses and started working with Heald Consulting. From the very first call with Cristina, I knew we would get along great! She gave us recommendations for amazing vendors and took care of all the important details right up until the band played their last song. I truly consider Cristina and Max our wedding heroes; they took care of every little thing and allowed us to have the best day of our lives!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Gwynne · Married on 08/13/2011

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Cristina. I hired for day-of services and she exceeded all my expectations. First, she is nice and genuine...not pushy. Everyone at my wedding really liked her including my parents who had some negative experiences with past planners. Secondly, she knows what she is doing. The day went off without any issues. She helped navigate a non-traditional ceremony and made sure everything ran smoothly. When I arrived on the wedding site, everything was perfect. She got my vision but also made some gut decisions that turned out to be great additions! Third, I would 100% recommend her to other brides looking for a non-overbearing, friendly, nice (did I say nice?) wedding planner. - Gwynne, August 13th 2011, Kenwood Farms & Gardens

Sent on 08/15/2011

maya · Married on 06/08/2014

4.2
      3.5

The wedding planning part was a very stressful time of my life... Having Cristina there really put my mind to ease! She suggested great vendors and her responsiveness reassured me that there would always be someone there to help me.

When I shopped around, she was also the least expensive - yet provided the most services (minus the in-person meetings, which I don't think you need). She kept me in-check, but never made me feel pressured.

The other vendors love working with her, as I did! I would definitely recommend her to anyone having a Sonoma wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2014