Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

38 Reviews for Hawthorne Country Club

38 Hawthorne Country Club Reviews

Our wedding at Hawthorne Country Club was amazing! The staff was very quick to respond to my many questions and was very accommodating to our requests. I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride!

Profile Picture User5246611, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had a great experience! Courtney is a gem. Only complaint was that the bartenders were not very nice. One specifically, (the shorter one) was so rude to guests I received two phone calls about it after the wedding. I understand there was a communication issue in the beginning of the evening regarding some favor shots, but that is no reason to be rude to guests. I personally heard both bartenders complaining saying "I should get paid more for this". It was embarrassing that my guests had to bring it to my attention. Other than that and a slight temperature regulation issue, things were great!

Profile Picture Amy, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Courtney was excellent. please paint the outside of the building. As the bride and groom we didn't have wine glasses.

Profile Picture User4557309, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we stepped into the venue, we knew this would be the reception location. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms all have indoor/ outdoor space with an amazing view of the golf course & the staff and service are amazing. Courtney, Dave, Vicky and the entire Hawthorne team were so easy to work with, their attention to detail was impeccable and the food was great! While we knew we would be pleased, the Hawthorne Country Club exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Marika, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thanks to Courtney (the event coordinator) and the staff at Hawthorne my day was beautiful, special and fun. 100% stress-free the whole time. The food was great, my ceremony and reception were decorated beautifully and everything was placed just perfectly. I would have not changed a thing! It began to rain just as my ceremony started and the staff quickly moved everything indoors drying everything. It couldn't have had a better day. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Kellie, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Courtney and the whole staff were excellent! She was such a pleasure to work with! I would have another event there!

Profile Picture chelsea, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Venue was amazing. Staff very helpful and accommodating. Food was delicious. Enjoyed Hawthorne very much and would recommend to others.

Profile Picture Catrina, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hawthorne country club is highly recommended by myself and my husband from the beginning they worked with us on every point Even though we had 3 wedding coordinators everything worked out perfect the food was delicious everyone complemented us. The view was great everything was clean and in great condition. The servers and Courtney Libby were so accommodating and pleasant they completed everything exactly how we wanted. If we didn't have three coordinators (which was a little nerve wracking and frustrating) and (we were supposed to have mashed and rice) the rice never made it out we would've given all stars across the board and even still we could not have asked for a better wedding at the Hawthorne country club.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/31/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Courtney was very nice and accomodating. The food was great and the everything went smoothly on our special day.

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Hawthorne Country Club! From start to finish they were very nice and professional! They answered my questions and always got back to me at a timely manner! Getting married on the balcony on the second floor was beautiful with view! All my guest loved the view and the option of going outside on the balcony during the reception. Everyone raved about how good the food was at my reception. They were very accommodating to my guest who had food allergies. If you are looking for a venue to get married at or just have your reception I recommend Hawthorne Country Club!

Profile Picture Janine, 8/16/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Courtney was absolutely amazing through the process. She was nothing but helpful, professional, courteous, and made the whole experience wonderful. Personal requests were granted without hesitation and her ideas made the painful decision making process easier. She was the fourth person to help me in the process (after a retirement and staff change) and I wish she was with us through the entire process. Food was wonderful, the venue is gorgeous, and all of our 170 guests left happy and astounded. I can't say thank you enough for the amount of help and patience received from the staff members (I am pregnant and was VERY sick at the reception, and they were there for every beck and call) and I am more than happy to have chosen this venue! It was absolutely wonderful and created many fond memories. I think it was worth every penny and I would do it again in a heart beat if I could!

Profile Picture User4290973, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hawthorne Country club is a fabulous venue for a wedding ! We just got married and they provided such great service, food was delicious!! The view is beautiful they really made it a memorable day for us ! I'm happy I chose Hawthorne as my wedding venue !!

Profile Picture User4204362, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
0.0

HORRIBLE FOOD! BLOOD ON A PLATE! raw meat no flavor very disappointed ruined the most amazing day of our lives!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4171383, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
2.2

The good; food, set up of the venue, servers/bartenders

The bad; Management & ownership. During our 11 month engagement we interacted with 4 different event coordinators. Each time there was a change in event coordinators we only found out because we emailed the old point of contact. there was a big breakdown in communication on their end about how we planned to handle the bar bill for our reception. This cost me a significant amount of money more than I planned on spending. That is the minor part of the issue. The bigger issue was that when this breakdown was discovered during our event the current event coordinator promised to inform my wife & me when we crossed a certain dollar figure with our bar tab... this never happened because she went home around 9 with 2 hours left in our event. This meant I needed to take time out of my wedding reception to sort this out with staff who were great, but not in any position of authority. I asked for and was given contact info for the owner and wrote a very detailed account of my experience and still haven't received a response.

it is a nice place but right now poorly managed and apathetic ownership. I couldn't in good faith recommend this venue to anyone right now unless you want to talk to someone new every time you have a question and then be left with unfulfilled promises by your vendor.

Also be warned if you have an event scheduled and thought that an outside bar would be a great addition. Ours was only up for cocktail hour, not the whole evening. it would have been nice if one of the 4 event coordinators we dealt with had mentioned this fact.

if the owner happens to read this feel free to respond to my email and I will adjust my review accordingly.

Profile Picture Timothy, 5/10/14, 4 Reviews
0.5

The hostess did nothing that we asked for. She was very rude and unhelpful did not assist guests with anything.....over all awful.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture shannon, 11/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where to start? hmmm, my experience at the hawthorne was unbelievably amazing! They made my day truly the best day to remember for a lifetime. The food and the way they placed my decor was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better place to choose. I recommend This venue to all of my friends who are in the process of planning their weddings as well. The attentiveness and just honestly showing how much they cared to make sure everything was perfect really showed us that they enjoy what they do and they treated us like family. Now not to mention or brag , but i come from a family with class , and let me tell you the food was gourmet to the T! Exquisite! every dish was prepared perfectly , and tasted phenomenal ! which is very hard to find these days. My husband and I, along with all of our guests were more than satisfied :) Thank you so much for the great experience!

Profile Picture Ashley & Antone, 10/13/13, 1 Review
3.8

The staff was always so helpful and they did a beautiful job making sure my day was perfect

Profile Picture User3976089, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

Hawthorne was amazing and helped make my wedding day perfect! They helped make sure I had everything that i needed and took care of everything so I did not have to. I had a little bit of confusion because I was working with two people and the communication seemed to get tough but nothing was ever overlooked or incorrect! I would highly recommend Hawthorne!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Venue is beautiful and they set up everything for me ahead of time including the stuff I purchased and brought like the photo booth. Great service and food was overall good. People loved the scrod, most like chicken and veggies were just ok. Would use again and affordable.

Profile Picture Hannah, 9/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies
4.2

I would absolutely recommend this venue to others. I mainly interacted with Ann, who was very helpful and professional. The Hawthorne County Club did an excellent job in making my wedding reception beautiful and as stress free as possible.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The wedding planners are great and very attentive. The food is absolutely phenomenal!

Profile Picture User2448559, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great time at our reception. The food was great, and the chef was very flexible with adding hors d'oeuvres that weren't on the menu. Ann and Ashley were very helpful with all the planning, not to mention incredibly nice.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/22/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I knew this was the place I wanted to get married before I even got into the building. The long drive way leading up to the building, the scenery. Was all beautiful. Then we got inside, and I was so blessed to be able to reserve the room upstairs. It was beautiful with all of the windows, being able to see the scenery all around. Everything was taken care of, I didn't have to worry about a thing here! It started to rain a half an hour before our ceremony was supposed to start and they moved everything from the deck inside and we still started on time. It was wonderful. The only downside of the day was I felt slightly micromanaged by one of the planners. Constantly telling us "it's time for..." "We need to wrap up taking pictures now" instead of just letting the day flow. But otherwise, it was a beautiful experience

Profile Picture User6700967, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Hawthorne Country Club held our ceremony and reception, and it was beautiful. The staff there is attentive, responsive, caring, and dedicated to their duties at the country club. They were also the most affordable venue in the Southcoast Massachusetts area. They even allowed our dogs to be part of the ceremony! We could not have been more pleased with the entire experience!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/11/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My reception was perfect! Kathy and Ann were awesome to work with. The food was amazing. All of our guests loved the food. The room was gorgeous and the sunset view from the upper deck is simply amazing. They were always there to answer any question that I had. I would definitely recomment this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture jennifer, 10/8/11, 2 Reviews