Hawthorne Country Club Reviews

38 | North Dartmouth, MA

38 Reviews for Hawthorne Country Club

Marika · Married on 10/04/2014

From the moment we stepped into the venue, we knew this would be the reception location. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms all have indoor/ outdoor space with an amazing view of the golf course & the staff and service are amazing. Courtney, Dave, Vicky and the entire Hawthorne team were so easy to work with, their attention to detail was impeccable and the food was great! While we knew we would be pleased, the Hawthorne Country Club exceeded our expectations.

Kellie · Married on 10/04/2014

Thanks to Courtney (the event coordinator) and the staff at Hawthorne my day was beautiful, special and fun. 100% stress-free the whole time. The food was great, my ceremony and reception were decorated beautifully and everything was placed just perfectly. I would have not changed a thing! It began to rain just as my ceremony started and the staff quickly moved everything indoors drying everything. It couldn't have had a better day. Thank you so much!

chelsea · Married on 09/20/2014

Courtney and the whole staff were excellent! She was such a pleasure to work with! I would have another event there!

Janine · Married on 08/16/2014

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Hawthorne Country Club! From start to finish they were very nice and professional! They answered my questions and always got back to me at a timely manner! Getting married on the balcony on the second floor was beautiful with view! All my guest loved the view and the option of going outside on the balcony during the reception. Everyone raved about how good the food was at my reception. They were very accommodating to my guest who had food allergies. If you are looking for a venue to get married at or just have your reception I recommend Hawthorne Country Club!

Courtney was absolutely amazing through the process. She was nothing but helpful, professional, courteous, and made the whole experience wonderful. Personal requests were granted without hesitation and her ideas made the painful decision making process easier. She was the fourth person to help me in the process (after a retirement and staff change) and I wish she was with us through the entire process. Food was wonderful, the venue is gorgeous, and all of our 170 guests left happy and astounded. I can't say thank you enough for the amount of help and patience received from the staff members (I am pregnant and was VERY sick at the reception, and they were there for every beck and call) and I am more than happy to have chosen this venue! It was absolutely wonderful and created many fond memories. I think it was worth every penny and I would do it again in a heart beat if I could!

Ashley & Antone · Married on 10/13/2013

Where to start? hmmm, my experience at the hawthorne was unbelievably amazing! They made my day truly the best day to remember for a lifetime. The food and the way they placed my decor was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better place to choose. I recommend This venue to all of my friends who are in the process of planning their weddings as well. The attentiveness and just honestly showing how much they cared to make sure everything was perfect really showed us that they enjoy what they do and they treated us like family. Now not to mention or brag , but i come from a family with class , and let me tell you the food was gourmet to the T! Exquisite! every dish was prepared perfectly , and tasted phenomenal ! which is very hard to find these days. My husband and I, along with all of our guests were more than satisfied :) Thank you so much for the great experience!

Megan · Married on 09/22/2012

We had a great time at our reception. The food was great, and the chef was very flexible with adding hors d'oeuvres that weren't on the menu. Ann and Ashley were very helpful with all the planning, not to mention incredibly nice.

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2011

Hawthorne Country Club held our ceremony and reception, and it was beautiful. The staff there is attentive, responsive, caring, and dedicated to their duties at the country club. They were also the most affordable venue in the Southcoast Massachusetts area. They even allowed our dogs to be part of the ceremony! We could not have been more pleased with the entire experience!!!

• F

jennifer · Married on 10/08/2011

My reception was perfect! Kathy and Ann were awesome to work with. The food was amazing. All of our guests loved the food. The room was gorgeous and the sunset view from the upper deck is simply amazing. They were always there to answer any question that I had. I would definitely recomment this venue to anyone.

Meaghan · Married on 06/24/2011

I can't say enough how much I loved having my reception at Hawthorne. Everyone was extremely nice, helpful, and very professional. The day of coordinator was SO helpful and made the night run so smoothly. The room looked great, the servers were courteous, and the food was delicious. I chose to get married on a Friday, so I got to take advantage of Hawthorne's great discount.

SANDRA · Married on 05/14/2011

Tammy and Kathy were excellent in every step of the way from discussing the prices of the reception and the menu to putting the final touches on the reception. Everything went extremely well and I was very pleased with the food and the professionalism displayed by the wait staff there. Thank you, Hawthrone CC!

• JennaBob2010

Jenna · Married on 08/27/2010

Beautiful venue, extremely easy to work with, and very helpful throughout the entire planning process. I would reccomend them highly!

cheryl · Married on 08/09/2008

The Hawthorne Country Club in Dartmouth MA was THE only venue I wanted to use for my wedding reception. I was not disappointed and would use them anytime for fture events. The staff were very accommodating. especially Kathy. My ONLY gripe is that my second course (tortalinni pasta) was served at the very same time as the main course, it was supposed to be served in between the salad and main course. This also made the tables very crowded with all that food on the table at one time. BUT, the facility was beautiful, and the price was reasonable as well. HIGHLY reccomended!!

Bethany · Married on 07/12/2008

They were very accomodating to us. The original date we choose was unavailable but they showed us the other rooms that they had and when they showed us the room upstairs with the balcony we booked with them and changed the date. The food was great and reasonable. They did what we asked the facility was very clean and the service was great. I told them that I did not want the dinner to be my whole night so service was very quick. my reception started at six and we were dancing by eight.

Stephanie · Married on 09/21/2013

Hawthorne was amazing and helped make my wedding day perfect! They helped make sure I had everything that i needed and took care of everything so I did not have to. I had a little bit of confusion because I was working with two people and the communication seemed to get tough but nothing was ever overlooked or incorrect! I would highly recommend Hawthorne!

Kellye · Married on 07/15/2011

Corresponding with Anne and Kathy from out of state for our wedding was always a pleasure. They are both so professional and are always so cheerful! Tammy, our wedding coordinator the night of our wedding, was fantastic. Everything was timed perfectly and she accommodated every request. So many of our guests commented on how "perfect" the ceremony was on the beautiful deck overlooking the golf course and valley. Our guests raved about the food as well! As a couple footing the majority of their wedding bill Hawthorne was certainly an amazing value. Our wedding was so elegant and beautiful and we're SO happy we chose Hawthorne Country Club.

Our wedding at Hawthorne Country Club was amazing! The staff was very quick to respond to my many questions and was very accommodating to our requests. I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride!

Amy · Married on 11/08/2014

Had a great experience! Courtney is a gem. Only complaint was that the bartenders were not very nice. One specifically, (the shorter one) was so rude to guests I received two phone calls about it after the wedding. I understand there was a communication issue in the beginning of the evening regarding some favor shots, but that is no reason to be rude to guests. I personally heard both bartenders complaining saying "I should get paid more for this". It was embarrassing that my guests had to bring it to my attention. Other than that and a slight temperature regulation issue, things were great!

Venue was amazing. Staff very helpful and accommodating. Food was delicious. Enjoyed Hawthorne very much and would recommend to others.

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2014

Hawthorne country club is highly recommended by myself and my husband from the beginning they worked with us on every point Even though we had 3 wedding coordinators everything worked out perfect the food was delicious everyone complemented us. The view was great everything was clean and in great condition. The servers and Courtney Libby were so accommodating and pleasant they completed everything exactly how we wanted. If we didn't have three coordinators (which was a little nerve wracking and frustrating) and (we were supposed to have mashed and rice) the rice never made it out we would've given all stars across the board and even still we could not have asked for a better wedding at the Hawthorne country club.

• User4204362 · 2+ years ago

Hawthorne Country club is a fabulous venue for a wedding ! We just got married and they provided such great service, food was delicious!! The view is beautiful they really made it a memorable day for us ! I'm happy I chose Hawthorne as my wedding venue !!

Hannah · Married on 09/15/2013

Venue is beautiful and they set up everything for me ahead of time including the stuff I purchased and brought like the photo booth. Great service and food was overall good. People loved the scrod, most like chicken and veggies were just ok. Would use again and affordable.

The wedding planners are great and very attentive. The food is absolutely phenomenal!

Sarah · Married on 08/09/2008

very nice place and great to work with. The presantation of the food was a little sloppy but overall good place . Upstairs room is the best

Sonia · Married on 08/05/2007

The staff at the Hawthorne were wonderful. They have been at this for so long that it went so smoothly. Anytime I called they had an answer for me. I was provided with a list of other vendors that they had worked with, which made our search easier. We didn't have any worries the day of our wedding. Everything that had been discussed was taken care of. We dealt with several staff members and it was still the way we wanted. The grounds are beautiful and the upper room was perfect for our day. We couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate our wedding.