31 Reviews for Have Your Cake

Setup (3)
Kosher (2)
Dessert Buffet (1)
Lactose Free (1)

Maralyn was great! So friendly and a great sense of humor :) She really listened to every detail and we ended up with the perfect cake for our elegant, subtle disney wedding. We had a lot of food allergy issues to work around, and she was very accommodating and went out of her way to make the cake exactly what we needed it to be. The cake was delicious and beautiful, and everyone loved it! Thank you Maralyn :)

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/1/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

She made a great looking cake. She has a great eye for detail and offered some unique and delicious cake combinations. We tried many other cakes and her cake easily tasted the best and did not break our budget (180 guest). Cake tasted fresh and all of our guest wanted more.

Profile Picture David, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Maralyn - THANK YOU for providing the wedding cake, petit-four desserts, and cake loaves for our wedding weekend in August 2015 at The Holly Farm! We loved the cake design which matched the wedding colors and floral arrangements. Also the dense chocolate cake inside was DELICIOUS. Thank you for working seamlessly with Wendy at Too Caterers to transport the desserts for the event.

Profile Picture Erica, 8/30/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Kosher, Lactose Free, Cakes, Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

The cake for our wedding came with the wedding package we booked through Hotel Nikko. With any wedding package you never know what to expect but Maralyn was a gem. We met over our cake tasting and the cake was far more than what I expected. The cake was moist which is always a plus in my book and the flavor combinations and filling choices were exceptional. I only wish we had full slices instead of bite size portions :). We designed our cake and the rest was history. A few days before the wedding I was feeling like I wanted to simplify the cake a bit because we had a specific theme for our wedding. Maralyn was so accommodating and understanding. She made the changes with no hesitation. On the day of the wedding I couldn't have dreamt of a prettier cake. It was absolutely stunning. Our guests were so impressed and some even thought the cake was fake because of how well it was executed :) I would definitely recommend Have Your Cake for your next event or wedding. You won't be dissapointed.

Profile Picture Ebony, 12/31/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

For me, enjoying a "Have your Cake" masterpiece is truly a family affair. Since I can remember Maralyn has indulged us with her stunning cakes for birthdays, anniversaries, and pretty much every other special milestone (most recently for my Wedding). An artist in the true sense of the word, she can successfully realize any challenge you throw her way, but most importantly... her cakes are HANDS DOWN the most delicious cakes you will find. Years of experience, great suggestions, calm, reliable, kind, look no further for your Cakery!

Profile Picture Christina, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews
4.2

The red velvet was delicious, the appearance was lacking a bit. The fondant was bubbled out on one side and the decorations left some to be desired. But, it was delicious. Plus she promises to make an anniversary cake free of charge if we give a few weeks notice, and it will be decorated the same.

Profile Picture Darren, 11/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Marilyn is without a doubt the best kosher bakery to do a wedding cake or specialty cake in the San Francisco Bay area after searching around to other bakeries I am extremely happy with the services that she provided and with the quality of the cake. So many of my guess complimented her cake even well after our wedding. Designing my own wedding cake and choosing the colors and mixing styles made it nothing less than perfect and completely our own I cannot think Marilyn enough for providing a kosher option that just was absolutely stellar.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maralyn was amazing! I still feel like I can't thank her enough for making this process so easy. From the day we met her at our cake tasting up to the day of my wedding it was just great! My florist left flowers for Maralyn to decorate the cake once she arrived with the cake and she did such a beautiful job. Not only did it look beautiful, it tasted SO good! My mouth still waters when I think about it. I was afraid of having too much cake left over but she really knew how to guide us so that wouldn't happen. I can't wait for my 1 year Anniversary to call her for my freshly baked top tier. I couldn't believe she offered that! It was a no brainer to hire her. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Gladys, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maralyn of Have Your Cake did wedding cakes for both my daughters wedding in June 2012 and my wedding in August 2014. Both cakes were marvelous. For our wedding, which had a Hungarian theme, Maralyn decorated the cake with a tulip pattern that matched the traditional blue dye Chuppa canopy. In both cases Maralyn worked with us to select cake flavors for each layer. She took care of everything!

Profile Picture User4646052, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maralyn was so accommodating and easy to work with. The cake design was even more amazing than we could have imagined and we received so many compliments on both the design and the cake itself.

Profile Picture Lynley, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I wish I could give Maralyn and our cake more than 5 stars. It was the best cake I've ever tasted, and my guests agreed. Maralyn took care of everything. She helped with the design, created a fabulous cake (taste and look!), delivered and set it up, and all at a very reasonable price. Maralyn has spoiled me so that I will never want cake from anyone else again.

Profile Picture User4646046, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly recommend Have Your Cake. Beautifully done, delicious and... 100% Kosher! Just perfect!

Profile Picture User6690468, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Kosher, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Our cake was so gorgeous and elegant, and Maralyn decorated it expertly with the flowers we provided. She even put a couple flowers on the little gluten-free cake we brought from the store. We chose her because her vegan chocolate cake came highly recommended on Yelp, and I am so so glad we went to her. It was beautiful and delicious!!

Profile Picture Cindy, 4/12/14, 1 Review
4.7

Marilyn provided a beautiful cake of which there were no leftovers! Our guests raved about it and we will be contacting Marilyn to bake for the baby naming which will follow the birth of our grand daughter at the end of February/beginning of March!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Five stars for Have Your Cake for baking the most delicious wedding cake I have ever eaten. Maralyn was so knowledgable as she walked us through her portfolio and the cakes we tasted were divine. She was willing to work with us on budget and design and was really responsive whenever I had any questions leading up to my wedding day.

Our wedding cake was so lovely and our guests haven't stopped talking about how great it tasted. We're already looking forward to anniversary cake! Thank you!

Profile Picture jessica, 4/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maralyn was amazing and went out of her way to ensure that we got the Adventure Time-themed wedding cake we wanted. Every single guest and even the catering staff at our wedding raved about the quality of the cake as well - including the chocolate cake on the side that we got for our vegan guests. After eating so many terribly bland and dry wedding cakes over the years, and after doing countless tastings at so many bakers that didn't care for our vision of our wedding... she is a breath of fresh air. Highly recommended :)

Profile Picture Jane, 3/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maralyn provided such an amazing experience and wedding cake. Everyone at our wedding was so impressed with our wedding cake. You won't go wrong with Maralyn and Have Your Cake!

Profile Picture Bryan, 3/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maralyn is warm and very accommodating. Our cake was both beautiful and delicious- we received MANY compliments on it! She even made a small little cake for our 1st anniversary- so sweet!

Profile Picture User4664109, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maralyn from Have Your Cake is simply amazing! She is such a kind, warm, creative person, and we could not have been happier with our wedding cake. We requested a gluten-free cake, and Maralyn created the most beautiful and delicious cake we've ever seen. She customized the cake with the flavors, colors, and designs we wanted, and the cake turned out even more incredible than we had imagined. In addition to being incredibly creative and talented, Maralyn is a wonderful person and she always responded to emails and phone calls in a timely fashion. We highly recommend Have Your Cake!

Profile Picture Gavi, 7/22/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maralyn is terrific to work with. We did a tasting in her workspace & she really listened to what the wedding couple wanted. She was responsive to emails, the cake delivery went perfectly & it looked beautiful. The best part was that it was delicious! She offers to bake a small cake on the 1 year anniversay so you don't have to save part of the cake. We tasted a lot of cake and looked at a range of prices - Maralyn is good & a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Cindy, 9/10/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Awesome cake! My husband and I were having a strictly kosher wedding, and were initially worried about having an amazing cake that had to follow certain dietary restrictions. Maralyn did a great job! She has an extensive portfolio, and her cakes not only look great but taste great too!

Profile Picture Inna, 8/21/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was amazing!! Hire her!

Profile Picture c, 2/11/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Have Your Cake is amazing! My wedding cake was not only beautiful, it tasted great! We had a double layered, 4 tiered cake and Maralyn really made it special. The reason we chose her over other vendors was not only great recommendations from my other vendors but her vision and the taste of the cake. The cake was moist and so tasty! Also, Maralyn was able to replicate the embroidery on my wedding dress onto the cake. It was perfect and everyone complimented the taste of the cake. I'd whole heartedly recommend Have Your Cake!

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/9/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I decided to use Marilyn to make our wedding cake for several reasons:

#1 Loyalty- my husband had a hard time trying to find a baker to make me a birthday cake (since my birthday is the day after Valentines Day) Marilyn was the only person who would do the job on such short notice.
#2 Taste- her cakes are scrumptious! Her cakes are perfectly moist and tasty. my wedding guests had seconds even a third servings of wedding cake.
#3 Artistry- we told her we wanted the cake to have the same design as our website. we gave her a print out of the website and she sketched out a beautiful cake design. Needless to say the real thing was beyond beautiful the day of the wedding.
I would recommend have your cake for any special event.

Profile Picture Regina , 8/22/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Maralyn at Have Your Cake to make our wedding cake in July and we are so happy we did. We tasted a few other cake vendors, but thought that Maralyn had the best tasting cakes. We ended up going with chocolate cake with two layers of mocha filling and a middle layer of dark chocolate ganache (which was amazing!), and vanilla buttercream frosting. The cake tasted great and looking beautiful (see the attached photo). I had shown Maralyn a picture of a similar cake and talked with her about how we wanted the flowers placed, and it came out exactly how I pictured it. She even matched the purple frosting band on the cake to the ribbon we were using for some other wedding things.

Maralyn was very easy to work with and her prices were very reasonable. She will even make you a small version of your cake on your first anniversary so you don’t have to freeze the top.

I would definitely recommend Maralyn if you are looking for a cake for any event.

Profile Picture Shannon, 7/10/10, 11 Reviews