Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms Reviews

Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms 5
Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms 6
Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms 7

Leslie · Married on 06/05/2015

We went above our budget to be able to have our wedding here, and it was worth it. The setting is stunning, and our guests were blown away with how beautiful the venue was.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Anne · Married on 12/13/2014

Loved the place. Beautiful does not need much to bring out the true beauty

Sent on 12/22/2014

Brenda · Married on 10/04/2014

We recently had our wedding reception at Harvestview Barn! We could not have been happier. The reception was everything we wanted it to be. Shirley(the owner) was very helpful while setting up and during the night. Shumachers provided spot lighting on the tables, defined the dance floor, and also put uplights on the gorgeous interior stone wall! It was magical! The setting is beautiful for pictures (inside and out) and has the added bonus of the lovely swans swimming in the pond! We had a memorable evening in a very unique and beautiful barn.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Mandy · Married on 09/27/2014

I am thrilled to have found such a gem in the Lancaster/Hershey/Elizabethtown area! From day one, it's been a total joy to work with Shirley and her team at Harvest View. The location is gorgeous (my future in-laws said the barn took their breath away when then walked in!) and spacious. It's hard to find a barn with updated amenities but Harvest View has them all - beautiful indoor and outdoor ceremony options, state-of-the-art catering areas, handicapped accessible parking and chair lift, chiavari chairs and tons of tables provided. I also love the bridal suite area - access to 2 large bathrooms and tons of mirrors. Can't wait for my day at Harvest View!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Mandy · Married on 09/27/2014

Our wedding was a dream come true thanks to the team at Harvest View at Hershey Farms! I cannot imagine a more perfect venue for our wedding. From the very beginning, working with Shirley and Crystal Hershey was such a joy. The staff at Harvest View really make you feel like the venue and farm is your home - from the beautiful and spacious bridal suite in the Hershey's home, to the friendliness you encounter every time you meet or speak to them. The grounds make for amazing photos and the impeccably restored barn is absolutely breathtaking. Our outside wedding was idyllic and the cocktail hour in the lower part of the barn worked perfectly. There was plenty of comfortable seating for our plated dinner upstairs in the barn for our 180 guests. We feel like the luckiest couple to be one of the first to get married at Harvest View - thank you!

Sent on 10/07/2014
  • User4422027 · 2+ years ago

We loved the venue! Everything was perfect and all the guests commented how lovely it was. It is a great place for a wedding celebration! You were wonderful to work with. We will recommend you to everyone!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Steve · Married on 09/13/2014

Harvest View is a beautiful venue. Shirley was great to work with. My daughter's wedding reception is a beautiful memory that we will cherish for years. We booked the event when the barn was a work in progress. The finished facility was everything that was promised and more. What a great place to have a reception.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2014

Everything about this venue is perfect. My daughter's wedding day was just perfect--we would not have changed a single thing. The Hersheys were wonderful to work with--very helpful, caring, and flexible throughout the entire planning process. The venue is so beautiful inside and outside. We are thrilled that we were able to hold our daughter's wedding and reception at Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms. It truly was memorable and special.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Marc · Married on 04/26/2014

The Hershey's went above and beyond to make our wedding reception at Harvest View Barn an absolute success! The attention to detail was outstanding! Crystal and I enjoyed having the opportunity to view the reception space before our guests were seated and we were simply amazed at how beautiful the venue space was. Our guests continue to share with us how much they enjoyed the venue and wish they knew more people getting married there so they could return back. If you are looking for a beautifully restored barn venue with all the modern features, including restrooms and HVAC, look no further than Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Hannah · Married on 08/16/2015

The moment I stepped out of the car I fell in love with this place. Every tiny detail was absolute perfection! The farmhouse offered a charming, private, spacious area for the entire bridal party to get ready for the day. We had a lot of people hanging out on the lower level, our pastor making some slight adjustments to his message, my husband’s grandmothers were able to sit and relax indoors before the ceremony started, friends and family helping with preparations had a place to organize, prepare, and have lunch before the ceremony, and it offered the perfect location to exit from for the ceremony.
    We were married on the lawn by the farmhouse, with the stunning view of the fields and pond behind us. The barn’s lower level was exactly what we wanted for cocktail hour, it was spacious and open so our guests could mingle and escape the August heat, and it offered an outdoor patio (which was something I really wanted).
    Our first visit to the farm it was the moment I entered the upper level of the barn that sealed the deal for me. The hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings, chandeliers, and tons of natural light stole my heart in one glance. It was exactly what I wanted, classy and elegant, while still having a warmth about it.
    Crystal and Shirley were absolutely wonderful to work with and they made my day so special! The only thing that was a little inconvenient for me was having to be out of the farmhouse by 5pm, since my ceremony was at 4pm our wedding coordinator was in charge of getting all of our stuff out of the farmhouse and putting it into the correct vehicles. With being a little rushed she misplaced a couple of items so when my husband and I went to leave for our honeymoon we had to track down a couple things that had made their way into our parents cars.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Janie · Married on 08/09/2015

Event Coordinators Shirley and Crystal at Harvest View barn were so organized that it caused my fiance' and I to think about things that we would've otherwise forgotten. Their quick responses to emails and phone calls expedited our wedding planning. This all on top of the fact that the venue was the most beautiful one that we came across. And one of the largest. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests that the venue made our wedding the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended.

My wife and I would highly recommend Harvest View Barn to anyone looking for ceremony and/or reception venues!

Sent on 08/20/2015
  • User4208795 · 2+ years ago

Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms was a great venue for our wedding reception. The owners/managers were very friendly and VERY easy to work with. They made sure that all other vendors were good with set-up and were around to assist us whenever we needed them. They made the day of the wedding stress and hassle free. The property also provided us with some beautiful scenes for photos.

Sent on 06/28/2014
  • Vince

Vince Ferrari · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful Venue

This place was amazing! We got amazing pictures here! Staff was very friendly and accommodating! a whole farm house to get ready in, day of operations were very smooth as well. good communication for appointments!

Sent on 08/08/2019
    Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms 13
  • Morgan

Morgan Anne · Married on 05/26/2019

Classy barn wedding

I would highly recommend Harvest View to any couple looking for a classy barn wedding! With my husband from NYC and me being from rural PA, we wanted a balance of us. Every single one of our guests stated it was just that- beautiful and classy without being at all stuffy, while being so much fun! The venue looked absolutley beautiful and our guests were in awe! Though some of my husband's family said they were scared of where the shuttle bus was taking them (feeling like it was in the middle of no where), they all agreed it was totally worth it.

We held our wedding on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, which was discounted since it was a Sunday, though still high season, so it was able to fit our desire for a spring wedding, while still being in our budget.

Even more than the beauty of the venue, we appreciated the staff at Harvest View soooooo much. They require a day of coordinator which we hired one through them, Katie Wagner. She was SOOOOO amazing and made our day seamlessly perfect. She coordinated all of our vendors and made sure I was happy with everything. My father-in-law became very sick during our engagement and was on hospice and in a wheelchair for our wedding. Katie went out of her way to make sure he could get in the farmhouse for getting ready and that no one was stressed about how he would get where he needed to.

We loved our wedding here and would highly recommend the venue both for the beauty and the staff!!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/13/2018

Gorgeous locale and great team

Especially pleased with their on site coordinators and available decor and other items to use for free or rent. Amazing site for pictures.

Sent on 11/22/2018

Alycia · Married on 06/16/2017

We were so pleased with our experience at Harvest View Barn! Immediately upon walking on to the property, we fell in love with the beautiful landscape and the traditional Lancaster County barn with it's eloquent interior. We had our ceremony outside in front of the pond and our reception upstairs in the barn. Shirley and the entire Harvest View team were professional, responsive, and accommodating. It was convenient to utilize their online system to book appointments for our first look at the property all the way through our final meeting with our wedding coordinator just prior to the big day. We loved having access to the farmhouse on the day of our wedding. It is unique to find a location that has adequate space for a large bridal party on both sides. We also loved Harvest View because there was a unique space for the ceremony, the cocktail hour, and the reception, leaving our guests surprised at each new environment they were invited in to. We were fortunate that on our wedding day, the weather was beautiful but I also felt comfortable with our rain day plan and would not have been disappointed if we were unable to have the wedding outside. We could not have been happier with our decision and will treasure Harvest View Barn for years to come.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Danielle · Married on 05/13/2016

Harvest View Barn was an amazing venue of our wedding day. If you are looking for a beautiful, moder rustic barn feel for your event, then this is the place to go. The staff was wonderful in responding quickly to our concerns and needs to make your day perfect. Extremely helpful in preparing for, setting up and clean up. Our day was wonderful thanks to Harvest View Barn and staff.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Brad · Married on 08/01/2015

We had our wedding at Harvest View on August 1, 2015. Here are a couple notes about it. 1. It is a little out of the way to get to from philadelphia, but it was worth it as the price is reasonable and we were able to find transportation (busses) from local hotels for our guests. 2. The venue was re-done in 2014 (I think) and is beautiful. There ere rolling hills of cornfields in the background. 3. The temperature was nice at our wedding, despite being August 1. The Barn was air conditioned and everyone seemed comfortable. 4. The dance floor wasn't huge but was OK. 5. (aside) we had 200 people at our wedding, they say they can accomodate 250 but I wouldn't recommend it. 6. They have a very nice setup/area for caterers. 7. They give you access to a beautiful house to get ready in the day of your wedding, although they do make you clear out all of your stuff before the wedding starts, which is mildly annoying but understandable. We recommend them! Enjoy.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Harvest view is one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen. We have been to plenty of weddings there and the moment I saw it I knew it was the place to celebrate my commitment with my soon to be husband. The family is responsive, friendly, accommodating and very helpful! I can not wait to celebrate a beautiful marriage with friends and family here! Only 120 more days!!:)

Sent on 12/19/2014

Danielle · Married on 04/30/2016

The venue was perfect, the staff was outstanding and it made for an absolutely wonderful day! I would recommend this location to anyone looking for a beautiful setting!!!

Sent on 10/06/2016

We loved having our wedding reception at Harvest View. We knew it was the perfect place as soon as we took the first tour! The venue is beautiful in itself-we did not feel we even needed much decoration. Crystal and Shirley were both great to work with. There is a separate area for both the bride and groom to get ready, which was really nice. The ground are gorgeous and made for some great pictures too! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/29/2016

We loved having our wedding reception at the Harvest View Barn! It was an excellent location and our guests raved over the location and atmosphere, both inside and out! The owners were wonderful people to work with as well, very willing to make our dreams become a reality. Since this is a fairly new venue, they are some necessary guidelines to follow, but at times can make things less flexible. Overall, this is a fantastic, new place that will leave you with marvelous memories!! I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Tessa · Married on 08/08/2015

3.5

Harvest View Barn is simply a step above in beauty compared to any other barns in Lancaster county. It simply is gorgeous, and it was everything I dreamed my wedding would be. The Barn and grounds are hard to beat.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Megan · Married on 06/10/2016

3.5

We loved everything about celebrating our big day at Harvest View! Crystal was phenomenal to work with, and so helpful and accommodating to all of our requests and questions. The venue itself is GORGEOUS, and we loved having the freedom to choose all of our vendors (most of whom had worked weddings here before anyway). The house on the premises to get ready in on the day-of is wonderful, and includes a kitchen and separated sides of the house for the men and women. The whole property is filled with beautiful photo opportunities, and our guests loved the pond, gazebo, and spacious barn + outdoor areas to walk, drink, eat, dance, and socialize in! We couldn't have asked for a better venue. Our only real issue was that the "rules" of the venue seemed to change several times from the time we signed our contract to the day of our wedding, and it made planning and coordinating with outside vendors somewhat complicated. Other than that, we would highly recommend Harvest View to anyone (and already have)! Book soon, though...it's new and popular and booking fast!

Sent on 11/13/2016
  • Gena

Gena Petrunyak · Married on 11/03/2018

3.6
      3.0
      3.0

Beautiful Space, Be Clear on Expectations

There is no doubt about it, this venue is impeccable. We looked at several renovated barns in the Lancaster area, but Harvest View had that magical wow factor about it: everything from the guest farmhouse where the bridal party could get ready the morning of the wedding to the gazebo overlooking the pond and acres of farmland to the stone walls and high ceilings that created a breathtaking upstairs reception area. This venue reminded us of both our homes and right in between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, it was perfect. With a place as gorgeous as this, it should be no surprise that the team at HVB takes incredible pride in their venue; however, there was a line crossed between proud and smug that did make us feel unwelcome in the months and days leading up to our wedding.
    We were very happy with the way our wedding day turned out, but we did have to fight quite a bit to ensure we got what we wanted after signing the contract. HVB requires a “Day of Coordinator,” an extra expense which was not highlighted during our tour; however, after we had signed the contract, we were pushed to hire their Day of Coordinator at an additional cost. My family and florist had planned to provide decorations and since we were on a budget, we opted to hire an outside vendor (who did a wonderful job) from a Bridal Show to truly only execute the wedding day. This decision clearly made them uneasy, and our feedback would be to include this service with the venue rental if having “outsiders” running the show gives reason to be nervous. Additional hourly charges for use of the guesthouse prior to 10am as well as additional insurance fees could have been communicated better as well. The last misperception came from being led to believe the upstairs reception area could double as the ceremony site should there be unexpected weather changes the day of the wedding. HVB continually nudged us the week of the wedding to have it inside but reluctantly let us have until 6pm the night prior to make a final call (after we had questioned the policy one month before). The insistence to move it inside continued until an hour before the ceremony (it was windy that day, but we had planned for our guests to be outside and frankly, was an extra stressor we didn’t need the morning of the wedding). Our outdoor ceremony was beautiful, and it was “us.”
    Reading through other reviews on HVB’s professionalism, it is a shame that we didn’t experience that same level of customer service. We are sure it is different with an unlimited budget or family planning the entire wedding, but we were the main points of contact. Despite receiving multiple reminder emails about scheduled appointments, I found it odd nobody was there to greet us for the rehearsal or welcome us when we arrived the day of. We did not want a cookie-cutter wedding and absolutely loved how it turned out: incredibly personal with our own pastor and family members providing the beautiful decorations as well as the ceremony music and DJ/MC services (they are professionals). HVB was not an inexpensive venue, so we unfortunately had expected the team to be a little more accommodating throughout the planning to ensure we as clients were happy with what we had.

Sent on 12/17/2018