Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms Reviews

Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms 5
Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms 6
Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms 7

Risa · Married on 05/20/2017

Harvest View Barn was the best possible venue for our wedding! We loved everything about the experience of working with their team since our first visit. Shirley, Marc, and Sunny could not have been any more helpful and accommodating throughout the planning process, and with all the little details for the big day. And importantly -
    the venue itself is so incredibly gorgeous! We fell in love with the barn and the landscape, and on our wedding day, all of our guests kept commenting how they were amazed by it as well. It was the perfect setting for the best day of our lives.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Carla · Married on 03/18/2017

Shirley and the team from Harvest view barn at Hershey farms was exceptional. I am so grateful for their help. Shirley calmed me down tremendously when a blizzard struck before our wedding. The harvest view team had everything well plowed out and the snow made a gorgeous back drop for photos. My mom passed away a few weeks after the wedding. Shirley was very kind to my mom in providing a wheel chair on site for my mom and handicap access and assistance. I am so grateful that my mom was alive for my wedding and that Shirley and the team made Chad and my wedding the happiest day of our lives. Thank you so much Shirley and harvest view team.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Judy · Married on 12/31/2016

From the moment we walked into this venue, we knew it was the one for my daughter's wedding on New Year's Eve. The outside grounds and vistas of farmland are spectacular, and the inside facilities are gorgeous! The venue itself was the star of the show! Shirley and her team worked cheerfully and patiently to provide a stress-free atmosphere for us and our guests to enjoy. There is no hesitation in heartily recommending HVB to anyone considering this venue -- I cannot say enough about it!

Sent on 01/24/2017

priscilla · Married on 10/22/2016

First we want to say that Harvest View Barn At Hershey Farms in Elizabeth town, Pennsylvania is totally breathtaking. It is so magical, beautiful, romantic, peaceful and fabulous. Shirley who is the owner of the venue is super sweet and friendly. She makes you feel so comfortable and makes you feel at home with her warm hospitality. My husband said as soon as we pulled in the driveway and saw the gorgeous pond with the two swans, the farmhouse and the barn he was in love and that this was the place to renew are vowels to each other and celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We have been to so many different venues and never found the right place until now. We are so excited and can't wait to renew are love there. You will absolutely fall head over heels in love with this place. Shirley and her husband Jim Hershey created a spectacular place to have any kind of event.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Toni · Married on 10/08/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Harvest View and their staff. Clearly, the location is absolutely breathtaking, we knew within minutes of visiting that this was the perfect location for us. The outdoor scenery is calm and private and the multiple levels of the barn are romantic and rustic, but also elegant. Having an actual space for in indoor ceremony in case of rain was very important to us, and the lower level of the barn is a perfect fit for any indoor ceremony. Also having the entire house as a bridal suite for the girls/guys for the day-of was wonderful. We were able to relax and enjoy our day with ample space. It took the stress out and made the entire process wonderful. And Shirley and her staff are absolutely fantastic. They are warm and welcoming and on the ball! Unfortunately, I met a number of folks through the planning process who were unprofessional or unorganized, but you WILL NOT have that issue at Harvest View. They are extremely professional and organized, they have every detail covered and they go above and beyond to make your day special. We had decided to have our ceremony inside due to potential rain, and 45 minutes before the ceremony it was clear skies and no calls for rain, so the staff was able to move everything outside and reset the downstairs for cocktail hour! It could not have made me happier and I could not express how much it meant to me. I highly recommend Harvest View to anyone looking for a romantic and rustic atmosphere, with charm and elegance!

Sent on 10/17/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2016

Shirley, Marc, Angela and staff made it easy to work with them from their easy website for scheduling to prompt email reminders on things I needed to do! The venue is perfect for the rustic low key wedding I wanted. Everyone complemented us on the venue choice. The use of allseated.com was very helpful to communicate my ideas for the wedding with Shirley. It also helped my husband and I visualize how everything will be laid out. The plan b rain plan was used for my wedding and I think it was better than anything I could have imagine. Highly recommend this venue for a wedding or special event!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Kate · Married on 09/17/2016

We were married September 17th, 2016. Harvest View Barn was our first and ONLY place we viewed 2 years ago when looking for the perfect venue. We truly booked it the day after we did the tour. As soon as we pulled up to the barn, we knew immediately it was exactly what we wanted. The amazing landscaping for an outdoor ceremony and the rustic wood work of the barn for the indoor reception was nothing short of perfection. Shirley and Crystal are both fantastic to work with. Normally, I would have never considered having an outdoor ceremony until I toured Harvest View. In case of inclement weather, their indoor ceremony option was just as perfect as the outdoor AND very convenient if it had to be a game-day decision to move everything indoors. The venue gives you the flexibility to have a perfect day no matter what the circumstances. A barn with an indoor/outdoor ceremony site, climate controlled, and a farmhouse that more than comfortably fits the bridal party is very hard to come by. Every aspect of Harvest View made our day very much the best day ever!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 09/11/2016

This is an Amazing venue run by an Amazing family. This was the 1st venue we looked at that quickly became the only venue we needed to look at. The location has everything you can fish for. A great outdoor space with a beautiful indoor area that can fit anyones needs. The fact that you get the use of a full house on the property, only makes it an even better value. My husbands family is from out of state and it was nice to have a place on location where our immediate families could relax after a long drive before the ceremony. Harvest View provided not only a dream location to have our wedding, but all of the things that went along with making our day special.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Kathryn · Married on 08/27/2016

Harvest view barn was exactly what my fiancé and I have been looking for in a venue! Shirley has been wonderful and has been available to answer all of our questions and concerns in preparation for our wedding. The scenery and renovated barn are stunning and I could not ask for more in terms of it's charm and beauty. We are beyond excited and cannot wait to be married at Harvest View!!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Katie · Married on 08/21/2016

Beautiful venue and very helpful people that will help your day be better than you imagined!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2016

Harvest View Barn was the first and ONLY stop while searching for the perfect venue! We fell in love with this place immediately! Shirley and her team were amazing - very responsive, professional, knowledgable, accommodating, and genuinely caring. They helped us create the wedding of our dreams! I cannot even begin to tell you how many of our guests came up to us the day of our wedding, and still continue to today, stating how incredibly beautiful the venue was. So many of our family and friends stated they had never been to such a beautiful venue. It was perfect - from the gorgeous views during our outside ceremony with swans swimming in the background, to our reception inside with beautiful decor and wood - it was exactly how we dreamt our wedding would be! We highly recommend Harvest View Barn to anyone wanting a gorgeous, one of a kind venue with an amazing staff. Thanks again to Shirley and everyone from Harvest view barn for making our wedding day the BEST DAY EVER!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Jeremy · Married on 06/12/2016

The staff and venue was amazing. Very attentive to our needs and & wants, extremely flexible and quick into able move things around do to weather conditions. Very happy with the service we got. The venue is gorgeous no matter what time of year you are there.

Sent on 10/09/2016
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 06/11/2016

The Hershey family (Shirley and Crystal) are fantastic! They are warm and friendly, very responsive and helpful, and truly gave us a wonderful day. The barn itself is a work of art, and guests commented on its beauty and rustic charm all night! The farmhouse they provided to the bridal party on the wedding day was such a luxury. We were lucky enough to be able to hold our wedding outdoors; however, the "rain plan" inside was just as beautiful and would not have seemed like a slapped together plan in any way. We cannot thank Shirley, Crystal, and HVB enough for our beautiful, perfect day!

Sent on 06/28/2016

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding! The staff was excellent and so helpful throughout the wedding planning process from start to finish. They day of our wedding, it was a very chilly day with extreme winds and the staff at Harvest View was so flexible and accommodating as we had to move the ceremony from outdoors to indoors the morning of our wedding. They then took charge and flipped the space from the ceremony setup to the reception setup flawlessly and didn't require anything from our bridal party/family as they handled it all taking stress off our shoulders. Even though we were disappointed the ceremony couldn't be outside like we had anticipated, the barn was a gorgeous space for an indoor ceremony and reception. We couldn't have imagined a better space for an indoor ceremony and reception. We can't say thank you to the staff at Harvest View Barn enough!

Amanda · Married on 04/23/2016

My husband and I got married at Harvest View Barn on 04/23/2016 and it was absolutely perfect. Harvest View Barn is a gorgeous venue. We knew we wanted a barn wedding, and we chose Harvest View Barn because they had the option to move the ceremony inside in case of rain, which a lot of other bar venues don't have (unless you want the ceremony in the same room as the reception). I am so happy that we did pick Harvest View Barn. There are so many different options for photographs. Shirley was absolutely wonderful to work with and was so accommodating to all of our wishes. My husband and I moved across the country 4 months before our wedding, and Shirley and the rest of the gang were so accommodating to our needs and were so helpful with planning the last few stages of our wedding from time zones away. Many of our guests told us and our families how much they loved the venue, especially those that were from out of town.

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • Y

Yelena · Married on 04/17/2016

We had a perfect wedding!! The venue is very beautiful and everyone made great compliments about the place.

Courtney · Married on 11/07/2015

Highly recommended! So much character, so much class. I cannot say enough good things about this vene for a ceremony AND reception. It is Refined Rustic. Shirley and Crystal are professional, but down to earth, and such a pleasure to work with. The grounds are just beautiful, capturing the farm land of Pennsylvania. Our ceremony was downstairs by the fireplace creating an intimate, romantic and homey atmosphere. We then went right upstairs to the reception, which is a gorgeous space for an amazing celebration, with plenty of room for dancing, cocktails, enjoying time with people, and a classy dinner with its high ceilings and candlelight chandeliers! The renovated farmhouse that is right next to the barn was one of my favorite parts of having this venue! It was a beautiful and homey place to get ready for the night ahead. This venue was perfect for our wedding... such a dream.

Sent on 12/26/2015

My husband and I are originally from Long Island and wanted a unique venue for our family to go to. We went to Harvest View and it was absolutely beautiful. The property was picture perfect. The barn was breathtaking. The farm house was ideal. Shirley and Crystal were a pleasure to work with. They were both so friendly and accommodating. We loved that this venue had a plan B for a rainy day wedding with use of the first floor of the barn. Thankfully, we had a beautiful day. Our family is still talking about our wedding and say it's the best wedding they have ever been to. It was absolutely perfect! You can't go wrong at Harvest View. We also rented their tractor to get some pictures. We highly recommend it! The pictures do not do it justice. Go see for yourself!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Laura · Married on 10/02/2015

Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms was our second to last stop on our venue tour and it took a lot of self-control not to sign with them the moment we stepped on their beautiful property. As a Lancaster county native, I liked the idea of a barn wedding, but did not want to worry about the hassle or the expense of renting a lot of decor and tables/furniture. Harvest View was the absolute perfect spot for us, because it is gorgeous with very little work and is also beautifully furnished. We had the pleasure of working with Shirley Hershey, who was so sweet, professional, and helpful throughout the entire process. It is also so special to work with a family who has owned the property for generations and takes such pride in what they are doing. Our wedding day was 2 days ago and it rained the entire day, so that the outdoor ceremony was not an option, but countless guests told us that they would never have known the indoor option was our plan B. I actually believe that the indoor option made our wedding ceremony so romantic and intimate and am grateful for not being given the choice. Everyone was amazed by the beauty of the venue and I never imagined my day would be so beautiful. A huge thank you to Shirley, the Hershey family, and the rest of the Harvest View staff for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 10/04/2015
  • User6205538 · 2+ years ago

Harvest View Barn was the most beautiful wedding venue I could imagine. When we first went to visit it- we knew this is the place! Everything on our wedding day was exactly as we hoped for it to be. I am still receiving comments from friends on how it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Shirley & Chrystal are great- they are very organized & helpful in making the day so beautiful. I would definitely recommend Harvest View Barn.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Megan · Married on 09/05/2015

Harvest View Barn was the most amazing venue! The barn speaks for itself, so I did not need to plan for a lot of decor! The tables, pond, cocktail hour spot, and balconies made this venue absolutely stunning! We had a perfect day for an outside wedding by the pond, then guests could immediately enter the downstairs part of the barn for cocktail hour. Guests then went upstairs to enjoy the reception. This venue really had it all! Having everything there was so convenient for guests and made the experience so easy! The bridal suite and groom's quarters were beautiful and big. We could relax in the farmhouse while getting ready and really enjoyed ourselves. Shirley and Crystal were AMAZING and so so SWEET! We couldn't have been happier with their level of service! They were prompt in their emails and were so organized. I loved this venue so much!

Sent on 09/17/2015

We had the most perfect wedding day thanks to the staff and beautiful venue at Harvest View Barn at Hershey Farms.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Courtney · Married on 08/02/2015

Harvest View is a wonderful place to host any event! They are more than willing to work with you and have one of the most beautiful locations in Lancaster. They keep their ground beautiful, and the view over looking the fields is wonderful. Harvest View makes sure that they know everything that you would like to happen on your big day so that they can do their best to make it happen. The barn is air conditioning and large enough to host a significant amount of people. I would highly recommend this location to host a wedding!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Sommer · Married on 07/03/2015

Shirley and Crystal at Harvest View Barn have been amazing to work with during the entire process of planning my wedding. I appreciated their attention to detail and making sure everything was thought of in advance to avoid issues on the day of the wedding. They promptly answer phone calls and emails too which is a plus when you're working with so many different vendors. The property is beautiful and everything looks perfect! I feel in love with it when I first saw it and all of my guests loved it too. I live in MN but I appreciated how Harvest View Barn captured the classic look of PA with farms and mountains in the distance. The ability to get ready in the house next to the barn was a really great benefit. I also enjoyed the tractor ride to another farm for additional picture opportunities. They took some pictures during the wedding day and it was so great to be able to see some pictures on Facebook just a few days after my wedding. They even captured my favorite part at the end of night when all of my guests were singing the last song of the night together in a huge circle. I'm so glad I found Harvest View Barn online because I couldn't have imagined a better place to host the wedding of my dreams. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Kate · Married on 06/20/2015

Shirley, Crystal, and the rest of the team at Harvest View Barn are simply fabulous. They have an absolute gem on their hands with Harvest View Barn and the renovations are nothing short of genius. My wedding day was exactly as I had always imagined it - a true barn wedding in beautiful Lancaster County. Not only is the venue spectacular (the farmhouse we got ready in is SUCH an added bonus and just lovely!), but it was great working with Shirley and Crystal. They respected every bride they worked with, but also always had good ideas about ways to make the day even better. I had my ceremony outside, but honestly wasn't even worried if it rained because the rain plan would have been just as special in the barn. Thanks so much to the team at Harvest View Barn for making our wedding day so special.

Sent on 06/29/2015