Harpor's Vineyard Reviews

21 | New Virginia, IA

21 Reviews for Harpor's Vineyard

Erica zikas · Married on 05/17/2019

Dream venue for my dream wedding

The venue was absolutely amazing, and the owners and staff were top notch. Many guests commented on how beautiful the place was and how fun the staff were. Chelsie, Alissa and Casey were so great that I didn't have a thing to worry about that day. I loved it! I highly recommend this place.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

Can’t even begin to tell you how amazing your entire group was. We loved everything about the wedding and since day 1 you’ve been a dream to work with. Thank you for giving us such incredible memories.

Meagan · Married on 09/16/2018

Casey and Chelsie were AMAZING to work with!! They responded immediately to all of my questions and made everything flow smoothly on our wedding day. I can't express how pleased I am with their service and how perfect our wedding turned out thanks to them. Thank you, Harpor's!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

Meagan- this review means so much to us. Your wedding was meticulously planned with exceptional detail. You were incredible to work with and we hope you guys come to visit us again soon!
  • Craig

Craig · Married on 08/10/2018

Listen to their podcast and come with plenty of questions. Had a great visit and the flexibility is amazing

Sent on 01/08/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/02/2018

Harpor's went above and beyond for us from the very first encounter with them. Chelsie, Shay, and Casey are seriously a wedding dream team. Every time you talk to any of them, they are professional and make you feel like you are heard and cared for. They all made our wedding day so very special, and we will be forever grateful to them. Not only were they outstanding for us, but our families and friends raved about them as well! Not only do you get the best wedding team around, but the venue is breathtakingly gorgeous and well cared for. If you are looking for a wedding venue in Iowa, look no further. We didn't, and will never regret it. Our wedding day was perfect. Thank you guys!!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Jen · Married on 05/12/2018

I couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere else!! The owners and coordinator are truly amazing people! I don’t think I ad one idea they sad no to! They also helped me with things I struggled with. I’d highly recommend harp or venue if you want the BEST outdoor experience!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

So many special memories from this wedding. Thank you sooo much for sharing. This makes us so proud.

Alexandria · Married on 10/28/2017

Shay, Chelsie, and Casey are the perfect trifecta for venue coordinators at Harpor's Vineyard. We met with Shay last summer when we had a few barn venues in the running. He absolutely sold the place. Every concern or question I had, his answer exceeded everything I was hoping him to say.
    "You think you're going to be cold? We will buy heaters for the barn."
    "You want to use compostable cups? We will have them at the bar for you."
    "You want to change the location of your ceremony the day before the wedding? You got it."
    Chelsie did our rehearsal dinner run through and she is so kind and fun.
    These three will bend over backwards for you from the day you meet them all the way up to your wedding day. Every time I started to freak out or become stressed about wedding planning or some detail that I wasn't sure about, my husband would be like, just text Casey! So I would, and Casey would answer any question I had as soon as he could and would make sure that I was happy with every thing.

Come wedding day, right before I walked down the aisle, Casey told me "okay, from here on out, you don't have to think about anything. I will handle everything from here on out." This was such a relief because he made sure everything went smoothly. He ensured we were in the right place at the right time. He updated me on what was going to happen next and kept our timeline running as smoothly as possible.

As I think back about our choice to have our wedding at Harpor's, we could have done our wedding for much cheaper in some city hall building, but our wedding would have been a disaster. We wouldn't have had Harpor's team to ensure that everything went perfectly. They are a little pricey, but if you want to get married in a barn venue in Iowa, you're going to pay up. Honestly, Harpor's team earned every penny we gave them. Even in 45 degree weather with an outdoor ceremony, they ensured our wedding day was perfect and for that, I am forever grateful for them.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

We did a Facebook Live Video response on this because it was so special. Thank you so much.... made us cry!

Madison · Married on 09/30/2017

The whole experience was one I will never forget. I was so pleased every step of the way and never had to worry about anything. Especially on the wedding day. I could not have pictured a more perfect place to have a wedding. The venue is beautiful, very easy to get around, and the staff is willing to do whatever!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

Oh my gosh!!!! Love love love you guys. Thanks so much!!!! I can’t wait for you guys to come back! We’re working on an annual event to invite couples back. Miss the day already so much :)

Erin · Married on 09/16/2017

Harpors is a dream wedding venue!! Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more, whatever we wanted or needed they were there to help us, through our entire planning process we were welcome to do whatever we needed to do and come back to check everything out and test decor ideas! On our big day they were just AMAZING!! Everyone was helping wipe down chairs for guest after it rained and it just felt like family! Any questions we have they answered, any concerns addressed and they are constantly striving to make things better.. Even tho I think it is absolutley perfect!
    Chelsie, Shay and Casey are incredible!! Definitely meant to do this!! Thank you for EVERYTHING guys!!!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

You are so wonderful, Erin. We think about you guys all the time and miss your family so much. I truly believe we will see each other over the years many times. I’ll make it happen! Love you guys to pieces - Shay and Chelsie

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2017

Harpors Vineyard is a jem!!! We are beyond pleased with our overall experience, and our wedding day could have not been more perfect. Harpors went above and beyond our requests and needs. Staff members were kind, understanding, and very easy to work with. They made planning a breeze from start to finish!!!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

The paining you guys gave us is hanging in the bridal lounge as a constant reminder of why we do what we do. I can’t tell you how much that means to us. I absolutely can’t wait to see pictures from the tree arbor. You have to Share!! :)

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2017

Harpors Vineyard was a phenomenal choice. If you are considering an outdoor venue, it is definitely worth it! The venue, the owners, the staff, and Casey the coordinator were absolutely amazing! They made the planning, prep, and execution seamlessly easy, and went above and beyond to help with whatever you need. They all did a great job of taking any and all stress they could off the bride the days leading up to and of the wedding which really contributed to the whole experience and made it truly unforgettable. We couldn't have asked for anything better and we will remember our experience here forever and always recommend it to anyone who asks. Once in a lifetime kind of day! Thank you Harpors Vineyard!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

I was just rereading this, this morning. It’s such a great way to stay motivated and strive to be the best. Thank you guys so much for allowing us to host this incredible wedding. Doing the videography as well was such a blessing because we had so much time to connect with everyone. Sigh, why must it be over already?

Colin & Kelsey · Married on 08/26/2017

We enjoyed every minute of our day! The staff at Harpor's kept things organized and handled all the details so we were stress free. This is a beautiful facility! Shay, Chelsie and Casey were great to work with and made us feel at home. Both sides of our families had to travel and we received numerous comments on how great the venue was. Harpor's, thank you so much for making this day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

We sure do miss you guys already! It was an absolute pleasure hosting your special day. Your friends and family were so much fun! I still remember showing you guys the venue for the first time like it was yesrday. Please please please stay touch :)

Kelsey · Married on 08/19/2017

I don't even know where to start with our review. Shay, Chels, and staff were beyond amazing! The venue was absolutely perfect for us and was more than we could've imagined! I would never have chosen anywhere else after having been here. The only downfall was no air but the night cooled off to be perfect!!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

You are so fantastic, we already miss you! Thank you sooooo much! We loved your family and hope you guys come visit us soon. This wedding was an event we will never forget!

Jeanine · Married on 08/12/2017

Gorgeous barn, vineyard and countryside. It is so private and there are so many creative opportunities here! Key words for Shay and Chelsie, owners of the venue, responsive and flexible! They went above and beyond for us to share our vision for the day. It was absolutely perfect. The venue and its staff will not be part of your stress for the day. You will not regret booking at this beautiful place!!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

You are so wonderful lady!! It was such a pleasure!! Thank you so, so much :)

Katie · Married on 04/30/2017

My husband and I chose Harpor's Vineyard as our venue to begin forever. We couldn't be happier with the way they accommodated our needs and requests. If you want someone flexible and truly caring to make everything easier for you, I'd recommend them. They even said their job is to allow the bride not to stress. The location was so delicate and pretty. The simplicity made the atmosphere more admirable. I had around 180 guests, with still room! Nothing felt tight or too close. I loved we were free to choose our own caterers and dj/photographers. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

I can’t express how much this means to mean Katie. I’ll never forget showing your family the venue. Additionally, you have one of the most gracious and loving family I’ve ever met. Thanks you so much for sharing this with us.

Kennedy · Married on 11/05/2016

Booked this venue for a Tri-Delta country themed fall party. Everyone had a great time and loved the place! Would for sure come back here.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Brooke · Married on 07/23/2016

Casey, Carol, Chelsea and Shay made sure everything went seamless throughout the entire process. The entire venue is beautifully finished from the barn, to the deck, including a beautiful bridal suite. The vines make for beautiful backdrops in photos too! Our guests loved it! I absolutely recommend using Harpor's Vineyard for any event.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Tyson · Married on 07/16/2016

Venue is absolutely gorgeous and was the perfect setting for our outdoor wedding. The facilities are in pristine condition, the barn is gorgeous with hanging chandeliers, the vineyard makes for a beautiful backdrop and great for pictures, the bridal lounge was above and beyond anything we have seen and the bathroom facilities were clean and modern. Overall a perfect experience and would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Kasi · Married on 06/15/2013

Chelsea, Shay and Casey are wonderful to work with. They made us feel like we were really cared for - down to the personal touches like putting personal pictures of me and my family up in the bridal lounge to a video that captured some memories that will last a lifetime. I would highly recommend this venue to EVERYONE (but secretly just want to keep it to ourselves). They have no hidden fees and then venue is so beautiful! Harpor's Venue made our special day, a perfect day!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

Thank you so much for leaving this review, Kasi. It was such a beautiful experience and I am so glad I got to capture the moments :)

Kaylee · Married on 08/27/2016

If you are looking for a beautiful outdoor venue without being commercialized, this is perfect! I booked this venue in their first year of business when they were just beginning to renovate all the property. They were honest, straight-forward and punctual with all of their plans throughout the entire process; and the final product is now amazing and everything I had envisioned. If there was something of a concern or something I was wanting to do for my wedding, they were always very responsive and as accommodating as they could possibly be. When it came to the wedding day, the venue staff micromanaged all of the other vendors for me and once the ceremony began, I was never bothered with any behind the scenes questions or drama; and as a bride, I think is something I valued most on my special day. The professionalism was set to a high standard and they handled any situation at-hand with urgency and privacy, and only came to the bride and groom if it was something that affected us or we needed to be aware of. Perfect venue for dreams of a beautiful, outdoor, scenic wedding!

Sent on 09/06/2016
  • marjifarah

Marjan Farahbakhsh · Married on 09/19/2020

Such an amazing experience

Harpor's Vineyard was the first venue we looked at. As soon as we got there we were at awe. They were so professional, they answered all of our questions and helped us pick out a date that worked best for us and our budget. The venue was exactly what we were looking for and more, we can't wait to celebrate our day!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

Thank you so much Marjan! We can’t wait!!! We are honored to have you and are greatly looking forward to your special day!!!

Christine · Married on 05/26/2018

3.5
      3.5

Gorgeous venue, you don’t need to do much decorating to make this place stunning because it is natural BEAUTIFUL. The owners are so kind and accommodating, very flexible to our needs. The venue is a great value, it may seem more in price up front but doing the math it’s less expensive than any others because everything (tables, chairs, linens) are all included in the price, even the day of coordinator who helps keep things on track.
    Our day went off without a hitch and I couldn’t have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Harpor's Vineyard's reply:

Thank you so much! That means the World to us!!!! Come back and see us soon!!!! :)