Harpist - Mary Keener Reviews

Harpist - Mary Keener 5
Harpist - Mary Keener 6
Harpist - Mary Keener 7

Karen · Married on 07/27/2013

This review is long overdue. From the moment I contacted Mary, she was always prompt with answering her emails. My daughter, her fiancé, her dad and I met with Mary to discuss our vision for the wedding. Mary played several pieces of music on her harp at our request. One piece brought tears to my husband's eyes. The piece was called, "What a Wonderful World." She played it beautifully.

Over the course of a year, I emailed Mary several times. I requested a piece for my daughter's wedding that was not in her repertoire. She had no reservations about it, and said she knew the song and would learn it. Because of my interactions with Mary, I felt confident she would do a beautiful job. And she did!

On the day of my daughter's wedding, Mary arrived early! She was dressed professionally and played exceptionally. We received so many positive comments from our guests about Mary's music. Would I recommended Mary? Absolutely! If fact, she is playing at my daughter's best friend's wedding this summer.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Anabella · Married on 07/21/2013

Mary played at our wedding in July 2013. We had our ceremony in an outdoor setting When it came to planning our ceremony, we really wanted something special… something that would set the tone for our special day. During our initial meeting with Mary, she took her time and played a few songs. She very quickly captured what we wanted and booked her immediately!

As I was walking down the aisle, I got goose bumps as she played our theme song… our guests and family members where also touched and fascinated by her talent!

We HIGHLY recommend Mary. She is extremely talented, professional, and very easy to work with… and her harp is visually majestic. It was a highlight to our “décor”.

Sent on 01/28/2014
  • User3319848 · 2+ years ago

We were extremely pleased with Mary's professionalism and level of talent. She truly provided the musical ambiance we were desiring for our wedding.

Sent on 01/26/2014

Nancy & Wayne · Married on 07/05/2013

Mary played at our outdoor wedding and her music made our ceremony so special. She is a very accomplished artist and very pleasant to work with.

Sent on 01/25/2014

Mary was wonderful, it was a perfect touch to the ceremony. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Andrea · Married on 05/26/2013

Mary is amazing! She was kind, professional, helpful and arrived well before she needed to. Per my request, she played a specific, non-traditional song that she did not have in her regular selections for my bridal enterence. It was absolutely gorgeous! Her skills as a musician are rare to come by and I would recommend her to anyone. Mary is a true treasure!

Sent on 01/27/2014

A · Married on 04/13/2013

Mary was a delight to work with. She even put a piece together for my singer and violinist friends to do a trio for my favorite song, practiced with them ahead of time, and it was beautiful! Many of our guests commented on how beautiful the music was. When we met with Mary to pick the songs she would be playing, just listening to her give us samples made us feel like we were in heaven. Recommend her without reservation for a unique and gorgeous musical experience!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Leah · Married on 03/02/2013

Mary is an amazing harpist. The music was truly beautiful and helped create an amazingly beautiful ceremony. She coordinated the other musicians and soloist and I felt comfortable leaving things in her hands. She played through our cocktail hour as well and our guests really enjoyed the music!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Melissa · Married on 02/23/2013

Mary Keener did an outstanding job at our wedding ceremony, held Feb. 23, 2013 at the Inn at Hudson Gardens. Mary was very responsive and professional from the first time I contacted her. She was also incredibly flexible - I reached out to her just a couple of weeks before our wedding and she responded right away and was even open to playing our requested songs, even though I'd given her such short notice. She made it easy to work with her and I knew right away that we'd made the right choice.

The ceremony was so beautiful with Mary playing her harp - it was romantic and lovely in the cabin setting, against the fireplace.

I would highly recommend Mary - she is truly talented and a wonderful addition to your wedding or event.

Sent on 03/10/2013

Mary played wonderfully at our wedding. She was very professional and played all the songs we requested.

Sent on 12/12/2012

phyllis · Married on 10/20/2012

Mary was a delight to work with. Her professional manner in which she conducted all aspects of her business was first class. She was very willing to work with us and the types of music we wanted for the wedding.

Sent on 11/09/2012
  • Aerran

Aerran · Married on 10/05/2012

Mary was wonderful to work with in accommodating some of the songs we needed for our ceremony. Her playing was very beautiful and perfect for our ceremony in conjunction with a friend singing. She also has a wide selection of music that she can play and we were very pleased with our guests responses to her playing in both the ceremony and the cocktail hour. My one regret was not getting to hear more of her playing since we had been outside doing pictures for the majority of the time that we had her there. That being said, we're very glad that we had her play for us.

Colorado · Married on 08/25/2012

Mary Keener was amazing. Our minister recommended her, and we were so happy he did. She was extremely helpful throughout the entire process, responsive, and super easy to work with. And most importantly, her harp playing was beautiful. Not only did we love it, but we had many guests compliment us on the ceremony music, and I don't think that happens very often. The wedding party and bride had a very long entrance (outdoor wedding), and Mary had no problem going with the flow, and extending the marches. She is also very versatile, and was able to play some more modern, popular songs before the ceremony, which the guests enjoyed very much. In short, we are so happy we chose Mary to play the harp at our wedding, the music and the experience was absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 10/09/2012

cynthia · Married on 08/18/2012

Mary was a joy to have during our special day. Mary was very professional. She made our ceremony complete. Her music is absolutely breath taking. I couldnt be happier with our choice in choosing Mary to play at our wedding. She is worth every penny. Oh, and my 5 year old niece adored her she was mezmorized by the harp!:)

Sent on 10/13/2012

Kyle · Married on 08/11/2012

Mary was absolutely wonderful. We couldn't have asked for a better performance from such a warm caring person who made our "Special Day" truly spectacular. She was a joy to work with and we would be happy to recommend her to anyone. Kyle and Austin

Austin · Married on 08/11/2012

Mary is fantastic! Not only is she one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, she's also a crazy-talented musician. She knows a lot of beautiful music, and is more than happy to learn more to accommodate for what you need. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/20/2012

Leighanne · Married on 06/23/2012

Mary was absolutely wonderful to work with up to and on our big day! She had creative ideas to give our ceremony a unique touch and even learned to play my husband's favorite Matchbox 20 song! Mary was professional, organized and helped to make planning easy with no stress! Her beautiful music was the perfect asset to our romantic outdoor wedding. Thank you Mary for all of your help!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Tim · Married on 05/26/2012

The music was beautiful, both during the ceremony and during the cocktail hour that followed. I will always remember the moment when my wife came around the corner and Mary began to play Here Comes the Bride. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

Mary was also a pleasure to work with. We had very little knowledge of classical and, more specifically, harp music, and she guided us through the selection of the perfect songs for our ceremony and celebration. And she was well organized throughout the process, asking us the questions we didn't even think to ask and coordinating with our wedding planner and the minister.

All in all, I highly recommend Mary. She was outstanding in all regards.

Katherine · Married on 04/28/2012

I planned my Colorado wedding from San Francisco; Mary was extremely flexible and reserved time for me and my mom to meet her on a Friday night when I was in town. She played several songs for us and her music brought tears to our eyes! Mary was extremely organized and confirmed all of the details in writing well in advance of our wedding. Mary's music created a very warm and special feeling during our wedding ceremony! She played as our guests arrived, during our ceremony and during cocktail hour. I am so happy that Mary was a part of our big day!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Renee · Married on 09/17/2011

Mary did such an amazing job playing at our ceremony. It was rather chilly that morning and did start to rain a little bit. We were worried Mary wouldn't be able to play. But she pulled through and did a great job to make out ceremony absolutely perfect! She definitely added the classy romantic touch we were looking for in a ceremony musician.

Sent on 12/07/2011

Shelley · Married on 10/17/2010

Mary was terrific to work with and very responsive to what we were looking for. She played for our ceremony and the cocktail hour following, and many of our guests commented on how wonderful the harp sounded. She even made the trek to Vail from Denver on her husband's birthday to be part of our special day! She is absolutely super!

Sent on 06/02/2011

Kimberly · Married on 10/16/2010

Mary played for our ceremony and cocktail hour. She did an excellent job. The music was beautiful and she was very easy to work with.

Sent on 11/19/2010

Megan · Married on 09/25/2010

Mary was outstanding! We received many compliments from guests about how beautiful and appropriate the song selection was, in accordance with the message of the ceremony. We were so pleased with how it all came together and the quality of her musical talent. She was extremely easy to work with and very reasonable with cost. We would highly recommend her services and work!

Sent on 06/04/2011

Holly · Married on 08/28/2010

Great to work with! Highly recommended! She's great with custom music, too!

Sent on 08/15/2011

Diana · Married on 06/17/2010

BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I had dreams about having a harpist at my wedding, so I knew that I wanted Mary before I even met her. I listened to her music samples online, and it made me smile and also brought tears to my eyes. She is an amazing harpist! And when we met her, she was very nice, sweet and kind. I'm so happy that she was a part of our wedding. Thank you for playing your beautiful music at our wedding! The guests loved it, and we loved it as well. :o)

Sent on 12/01/2010