Harmony Harvest Farm Reviews

63 | Weyers Cave, VA

63 Reviews for Harmony Harvest Farm

I am very big into buy fresh, buy local and wanted to incorporate this into our wedding. Jessica is amazing to talk with and has wonderful ideas, love of simplicity to the next level, and keeps you comfortable during the process.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Laurie · Married on 08/09/2014

Jessica was a delight to work with. She obviously loves her work, and her enthusiasm and creativity make working with her a wonderful experience. She worked so well with me, listening carefully to what I wanted, giving me good ideas and lots of options, both in terms of money and designs. I never felt she pushed me to spend more. She was reliable and helpful. On the day of the event, she was there when she said she'd be, putting together a beautiful decor. I could not have asked for more. She is not inexpensive, but she's probably about what any florist would be.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Kaylene · Married on 10/21/2017

Harmony Harvest was great to work with and the flowers were absolutely beautiful! It was great for my fall wedding and even though they were crazy busy they managed to fit my wedding in. The only complaint I have is the bridesmaids bouquets were very similar to mine, but that just means they were all super amazing!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Emily · Married on 04/23/2016

Harmony Harvest creates beautiful arrangements that exceed your dreams. They are wonderful to work with and make the wedding flower experience fun and easy!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Beautiful work. Very kind. Easy to work with.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Jessica is VERY creative. Her flowers are gorgeous! I got exactly what I wanted. She was very easy to work with. I will tell all my friends getting married to call her.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Carrie · Married on 06/13/2016

Booked Harmony Harvest Farm for my wedding at the UVA Chapel. Everything was delivered on time and set up beautifully. Would certainly recommend to anyone in the area looking for great flowers and who don't want to spend a fortune (but who look like they did!).

Sent on 08/26/2016

Loucita · Married on 04/22/2017

I had a good vision of what I wanted for our wedding and they did a great job translating that vision into reality. And the price worked with my budget. I had so many compliments on our flowers and they even looked beautiful in photos.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Leslie · Married on 09/29/2018

4.2
      2.5

Harmony Harvest put together some amazing pieces for my wedding!! I was blown away by the bouquets, boutonnieres, wine barrel decorations, and corsages! They were the perfect choice for our wedding. My one and only complaint is that they are not super responsive to emails. I usually waited around 2 days on average for responses. One time I waited almost 2.5 weeks for a response. It turned out there was some miscommunication with that waiting time. They were super personable and easy to work with other than communication!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/27/2016

4.2
      3.0

After struggling to locate a source for wedding bouquets and table arrangements for our out-of-town wedding, I was lucky enough to find Harmony Harvest Farm, who provided farm fresh, beautiful flowers for our wedding in August 2016. The bouquets looked like we just scooped them up from a field, which is exactly what I wanted for our scenic barn wedding!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Colleen · Married on 05/04/2019

3.4
      3.0

Good, with two small complaints!

I had a very bad experience with a different florist and then about 3 months before my wedding a needed a change. Harmony Harvest Farm was very accommodating, which was great considering that I lived out of state. I did not particularly care much about flowers at my wedding, but knew I needed bouquets and centerpieces. I wanted very simple bouquets and centerpieces. I have two small complaints. First, I thought the centerpieces were SO expensive that I ended up doing my own for a fraction of the cost. I could not justify $1,200 dollars for 18 lanterns and some greenery. In addition, when I met with one of the women from the farm, I felt like I left the meeting confused. She knew I didn't quite know what I wanted but she had no pictures ready to help me decide. In addition, I stressed that I wanted all the bouquets, even mine, to be simple. The pictures she emailed me after the meeting were not simple and I felt like I had to repeat "no smaller, simpler" via email for weeks leading up to the wedding. However, the bouquets I ended up getting were beautiful and simple like I requested. They were delivered on time and it ended up being exactly what I wanted, despite some minor frustration along the way.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Molly · Married on 09/29/2018

3.2
      1.0

Disappointed

I hate that I’m leaving this review because I was most excited for my flower arrangements after booking Harmony Harvest. They really seemed like they would be awesome- they’re actually a farm and grow a lot of their flowers, and their instagram has so many beautiful pictures. I loved their vibe. However, I was really disappointed and sad over the whole experience for these reasons: 1. The flowers didn’t look anything like the final pictures I sent. When you book then you get a “file” and I sent them new photos multiple times and they kept sending me the old photos I had originally sent them. Something got lost in translation and conversations we had, and things we talked about, it’s like never happened. I do know that when you speak to the mom and not the owner who puts the arrangements together so there must be some miscommunication. Let me be clear, my flowers were beautiful, but they were nothingggggg like I imagined and nothing like i descended to them, as soon as I saw them I was so disappointed. 2. Our centerpieces were not what we talked about. They couldn’t do what we wanted because the glasses were too small. We agreed on one flower and two pieces of greenery per glass, three glasses per table. When i saw the pictures from the wedding, I saw one flower (which didn’t match the rest of our wedding, and was really thick-stemmed and not pretty) and greenery on the other glasses. Basically, it was absolutely not what we wanted...it was about a 1/3 of the product we paid for and didn’t match the rest of our flowers. The crappier part was I never contacted the day of (or afterwards) with them letting me know they couldn’t execute what we had a contract for. The worst part was I actually called them after the wedding and told them (the mom) and she said “well we used more flowers in other areas of the wedding so it all evened out.” I’m sorry, that is horrible business practice. If we had a contract for something, and it couldn’t happen for whatever reason, I should have been notified, and should have gotten that portion of my money back.

I’m still so sad about how the flowers turned out... it completely made the wedding look different than I had imagined.

If you book here, make sure you speak directly to the owner or sister, and not anyone else so nothing gets mixed up. I hate making this review because I love their business concept and they were very nice people, but after the phone call with them taking no responsibility for what happened and not offering me a portion of my money back, I feel like I have to tell people about what happened and leave a very honest review.

Sent on 01/12/2019

Harmony Harvest Farm's reply:

First and foremost, we appreciate your feedback. As business owners, we strive to bring our clients the best possible experience and while it’s rare that we don’t exceed our client’s expectations we take all feedback very seriously – both good and bad. We’re deeply disheartened to hear that you didn’t feel like your planning experience was seamless with farm owners, Chris (mom) and Jessica (designer) and while we felt like we delivered a bouquet that was a custom version of the last inspiration photo you’d provided, we’re sorry to hear that our creative perspective didn’t match your exact vision. Regarding the centerpieces, we too were disappointed that we couldn’t execute these exactly as you imagined, but without being given the bottles in advance as discussed, we did the best we could on site and ensured we added touches with the extra bottles and florals around the room. We understand that how busy things can be prior to the wedding and that not everything goes as planned so creative decisions have to be made on site, which is why we include a disclaimer in our contract about these types of scenarios. When we spoke on the phone you did mention the centerpieces, but you were genuinely pleased with all of the other flowers (specifically the bouquet) and understood our approach to the day-of “make it work” situation with the centerpieces. Certainly, if we knew how deeply unsatisfied you were, we would have considered a partial refund, but honestly, from our last conversation we had the genuine impression that you felt like you got the value in flowers.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and will be sure to use it constructively to better our business.

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

2.8
      2.5

Harmony Harvest provided beautiful flowers for my wedding however, they were not what I was looking for. I sent them several pictures and we had multiple meetings about the flowers, but they did not deliver what they promised. The types of flowers, colors, and style of the arrangements were nothing like what we discussed or the pictures I sent. On top of this, they were disorganized and not great with communicating. I never felt like we were on the same page.

Sent on 09/29/2016