Harmony Chapel Reviews

Harmony Chapel 1
Harmony Chapel 2
  • CoolKat

Courtnie · Married on 10/21/2017

I had such an amazing experience with Harmony Chapel from day one! The venue is beautiful and the staff is super friendly. I love that I could have my ceremony inside and my reception hall was connected. The food was delicious! Although I was so busy all night and ate it cold in my hotel room after, all of my guest told me they loved it hot and fresh! I originally started my wedding with a coordinator named Rachel then was told Miranda would be in charge of my wedding after a few weeks. I was very nervous to have switched in the middle of planning but Miranda really helped the day come together. So much drama surrounded my wedding but she was always there to assure that she would take care of things. Miranda was very professional and personable. I hope to use her again one day for a vow renewal ceremony. My overall experience with the venue and staff was worth more than 5 stars!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Christopher · Married on 10/20/2013

Harmony Chapel is a great venue at a great price. It has beautiful scenery, a magnificent chapel and the reception hall is plenty big enough for a great party. They met all of our needs for a venue. The staff is extremely helpful and courteous. The only gripe that I have is communication, it is sometimes hard to get in contact with the chapel before the wedding. Make sure that you have face to face meetings, and that you have the meeting with the same person. That way everything is documented and nothing gets overlooked. Other than that, the venue is perfect, I don't want to discourage people from using the venue cause it is amazing. Just be aware that you need to make sure everything is written down for the venue and that the know what is needed to be done.

Sent on 02/21/2014

J · Married on 04/13/2013

This wedding venue is absolutely perfect! From the very beginning, they were upfront with us as far as what to expect and helpful along the way. You get what you pay for and MORE! I thought I had everything planned, but they were one step ahead of me, all the time. The day of the wedding, everything was taken care of, with no worry from me or any of my wedding party. Our "planner" for the day was incredible. She did EVERYTHING. I could not be more pleased with our choice in venue. As I said, service wise everything was perfect, but my wedding photos will SHOW you just how perfect this location is. Absolutely goregeous!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Chelsea · Married on 06/18/2011

I LOVE this chapel!!! I chose a few details of my wedding that I thought were the most important and location was definitely one of the top three. The chapel is absolutely gorgeous and the coordinator was very helpful and made our day run as smoothly as possible. They set up/clean up EVERYTHING which is such a relief on such a busy day! I would definitely recommend Harmony Chapel.

Sent on 07/03/2011

Starah · Married on 06/05/2011

I can't tell you how pleased I was with our wedding at Harmony Chapel! First off the place is just pretty amazingly beautiful. I looked at every wedding venue that was kinda outdoorsey in DFW and this was the winner by far. The managers were always very helpful, which was great since I didn't know much about weddings, and they never seemed upset or rude with my silly questions. They gave us good advice on several things and saved us a bundle on not needing to hire a planner.
    On my wedding day I was a nervous wreck until I got to the chapel and saw they knew what they were doing. My mom freaked a little becasue they were still setting up the centerpieces but there was still 2 hours to go. When I got dressed I came out for pictures and everything was perfect and I cried a little! The ceremony was so short I was all of a sudden married! The reception was a blast and my coordinator (Rany, I think) really stayed on top of things and told us when we needed to do something.
    Everything considered it was great. My husband(!) really liked the setting and I'm still getting comments from guests about how beautiful it was a month later. I think my little sister is going to get married there when she finds her guy!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Hailey · Married on 07/12/2014

Gorgeous chapel for the price. The front is bland, but the rest is beautiful.

Qual. of Service: Do NOT count on a wedding planner, rather a coordinator the day of. When you meet a couple of weeks before the wedding, have everything planned and ready to go. You should have the schedule ready. She did an EXCELLENT job of coordinating what we had ready, but the limited time we had in the chapel/reception area (the week before the event) was nowhere near enough time for us to decide where different decorations would go. We were under the impression, that we would bring our decorations and she would help us place them or that we'd have time to set them up and see how they looked. Had we known how brief that meeting would be, we would have planned where everything would go using the virtual tour on their website, and arrived organized and ready to set everything into a pre-designated place to confirm that everything looked/flowed right. If you are planning a wedding for the first time, do NOT expect someone to help you plan, she follows your plan on your day. :)

Flexibility:
    1- I was late on booking my venue, and they adjusted the payment plan for us so that we did not have to pay so much up front.
    2- One of the best attributes of Harmony Chapel is their willingness to let you bring in other vendors- DJ, catering, florist, etc. They gave a discount if you used a specific woman for the wedding/grooms cake and charge $2 per person for outside catering (for the use of the linens, dishes, and serving equipment-great deal!), other than that, they had no restrictions on who to use.
    3- Even though we only scheduled to arrive an hour early, they let our amazing florist arrive that morning to set flower arrangements up herself.

Resp.: It took anywhere from 1-3 days for them to get back with me, but they did :).

Prof.: Had a very rude, bossy mother-in-law make a scene at the rehearsal. The coordinator remained polite and ensured the bride/groom's wishes were followed!

Sent on 11/24/2014
  • Amie

Amie · Married on 04/12/2014

3.5

Wow, where can I even begin? From the moment I found the website of this venue, looked at photos and saw how affordable it was, I knew I was going to get married here. The chapel is more gorgeous than you can imagine, with a cathedral ceiling, floor-to-ceiling windows, and beautiful wood throughout... it even smells good! We loved that the venue is an all-in-one location, with dressing areas (a spacious and beautifully decorated room for the women, a less spacious but still nice room for the men) and a large attractive reception area. Even the grounds around the venue are incredible. The whole venue is set back from the main road in a big field, giving you the feeling of total seclusion without actually being hard to get to. The building is surrounded by a beautiful garden area that was so pleasant to spend a bit of time in to cool off and take a quick break during the madness of the reception!
    The venue itself is just the beginning. The staff was so flexible, down-to-earth and easy to work with. They provided so many amenities that other venues don't provide, or charge an exorbitant fee for. Rachel, the on-site coordinator, was an absolute dream to have on our side during the rehearsal and the wedding itself. She was never frazzled, always calm and collected, and totally organized. After we were announced into the reception, we were able to sit down to full plates at our sweetheart table, which was an extremely pleasant surprise, and Rachel's assistants were right there to ask what we would like to drink. They gave us a perfect wedding. We could not have asked for anything more.
    If you want a simple but unforgettably beautiful location for your wedding, with a staff that will go above and beyond to make your day easy and perfect, look no further than Harmony Chapel... you've found what you're looking for.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Carly · Married on 12/31/2011

This place is amazing! The staff here are very friendly and are very flexible with your desires to make your wedding special. They allowed me to set up a photo booth in the foyer area since I could not afford one. Their wedding coordinator was very professional and when helping me plan the wedding and walking us through rehearsal. She definitely help make things run smoothly on my wedding day. I did not worry about the time or if things were being taken care of since I knew she was in charge. The staff here were very patient and kind. They responded to my emails within 2-3 days and always answered my questions thoroughly. When it came to deciding on decorations for the chapel and reception area, they were very flexible with my ideas and they too gave me several recommendations. They also allowed me to bring in my decorations, alcohol, dress, and tuxes the night before the wedding which really decreased the amount of stress the day of the wedding. Overall, we absolutely loved this venue and highly recommend it. It is somewhat pricey, but they setup and tear down everything for you, provide a wedding coordinator, a wedding cake, all of the glasses, plates, music, your toasting glasses, and much more. We were thankful they provided all of this so we did not have to go out and buy napkins and plates or table cloths and then be stuck with it after the wedding. By them having everything made it more convenient and less stressful when it came to expenses.

Sent on 01/21/2012
  • F

Dana · Married on 04/03/2011

3.0

This is simply a great place for a wedding. Rain or shine. Wonderful food and a great value for your money. We could not have been more pleased.

Sent on 06/05/2011

Kristi · Married on 05/23/2013

The people at Harmony Chapel are amazing. They are extremely helpful and know what they are doing. I couldn't have picked a better place for my ceremony. And the Chapel is beautiful.

Sent on 06/01/2013
  • Mandy

Mandy · Married on 11/11/2012

3.5

Harmony Chapel was a great place for our wedding. We had about 125 people and everyone fit perfect. We were told we can do whatever we wanted. The chapel side looks amazing with the high, wooden arches. Even though it we typically would leave messages Jason would get back to us quickly. He even let us try some food beforehand. It was a great price for what you get. Thanks for having us on our big day.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Hannah · Married on 01/04/2014

3.5

it was beautiful! My day was perfect. Rachel was great!!

Sent on 05/31/2014

Kirsten Hauth · Married on 09/29/2019

4.2

Gorgeous and Flexible

The chapel is simply amazing. The staff was professional and willing to work to make everyone happy. Very excited to continue to work with them.

Sent on 01/29/2019

Cassandra · Married on 04/13/2014

3.8
      3.5

I am so pleased to have chosen Harmony Chapel for our venue. The venue is a great value for the beautiful setting and the services included. The staff we worked with, Jason and Rachel, were warm and friendly throughout the process. With that said, I had some frustrations and disappointments along the way.

We had at least two occasions of lapses in communication. Also, as the menu planning progressed, options were more limited than I had originally thought they would be (e.g. uncertain about providing bacon at a brunch wedding). Jason had mentioned that the kitchen is limited. However, I was dismayed to realize much of our food was going to be bought as frozen, prepared food from Sam's Club, rather than prepared from scratch. I'll admit, I'm a bit of a food snob and that colored my reaction. Unfortunately, there were delays in communication while discussing catering and, by the time I realized this, it was really too late in the planning process to investigate other affordable options, particularly since there's an additional $2pp charge for outside catering.

The other frustration was probably due to my ignorance. Having never planned or been in a wedding, I had no idea hair and makeup would take 4+ hours (!!!). The ladies' dressing room is lovely and had been part of my reason for choosing Harmony Chapel. However, given the 5-hour package, it would have cost an additional $800 to get ready at the Chapel ($200/additional hour). As it was, we had already added 2 hours to allow time for putting on my dress, 1st look, and enough time to talk with guests at the reception.

All in all, Harmony Chapel was a wonderful venue and I would recommend them to others. I had my frustrations but, ultimately, it all worked out and we had a wonderful time. The food, although not fancy, was tasty and the guests enjoyed it. Rachel was incredibly helpful in keeping things running smoothly on the day of the wedding and was sweet enough to send us home with extra cake!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Laura · Married on 10/02/2010

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

Loved the venue itself, perfect for the bride looking for an outdoor feel, indoors :) My major problem was that the staff was extremely young and inexperienced. My wedding coordinator was changes the day of my rehearsal and I did not find until then. She had only done 2 weddings prior to mine and was not well trained. I later found her dancing with a guest rather than attending to my needs on the day of the wedding. Seriously disappointed with the service level but the site was beautiful.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Julie · Married on 07/04/2015

2.8
      3.0

The venue is beautiful, but I was slightly disappointed on the day of our wedding. I couldn't hear any of the words to the music during my ceremony. This was especially disappointing to me because I had a song written for my new blended family that was performed during our sand ceremony. It seemed like the piano was too loud and the vocals coming from the mic were set way too low. My decorations were simple enough I thought, but my centerpieces weren't arranged the way I asked. I had a meeting with the coordinator one month before the wedding, and we went over it the day before as well. When I was told it was time for cake cutting I had to ask for the sparkling wine for our toast. We stood behind the cake looking like idiots for what seemed like forever. When I asked one of the servers where the wine was and what we were supposed to be doing she just told me that was Rachel's department and she didn't know. We were told the trees in the courtyard were lighted and had planned some couple pictures there. There were no lights at all, and no one told us that there was any problem with the lights. Our photographer was the one who to tell us about that. I only wanted 3 things during my reception. Cake cutting, toast, and a couples dance. I had to round up everyone for the couples dance because I couldn't find anyone to help me. Overall it is a good choice for someone with a smallish budget. I just wish I didn't have negative feelings about what was supposed to be the happiest of days. Everyone who came to the wedding seemed to enjoy themselves very much, so I guess that's something.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/04/2011

2.6
      2.0
      2.5

-I thought the venue was very nice
    -The pricing for the wedding was slightly over budget
    -Def. recommending that if you choose to use this venue that you hire your own coordinator; I disagreed with her and I think my day might have been more pleasant had I hired someone on my own.
    -Overall, my wedding was very nice though it had not been once imagined in my childhood dreams

Sent on 10/12/2011

Harmony Chapel's reply:

I'm sorry that you and your coordinator didn't hit it off. We pride ourselves on trying to accommodate virtually any request and I think we're way more flexible than anyone else in the business. Please call me on my cell, 405.326.6760. If I can get more details we'll try to ensure future brides have a wonderful experience. Thanks, Ron (owner)

Allie · Married on 12/08/2019

Potential customer

Didn’t answer the phone. They left the door unlocked so we walked in and it does NOT look like the pictures. I was in LOVE with it in the pictures. Totally underwhelming and it broke my heart.

Sent on 11/27/2018