Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats Reviews

21 | Brandy Station, VA

21 Reviews for Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats

Kelly E. · Married on 04/17/2021

A Lovely Ride!

My husband and I were married last month in Berryville, VA, where our wedding ceremony was at a church in Berryville, and our wedding weekend celebrations were held at Historic Rosemont, also in Berryville, VA. Harmon’s Horse Drawn Carriage picked us up at the church after our wedding ceremony and drove us back to Rosemont afterwards. What a lovely ride it was! The horses and carriage were magnificent and the driver was regal, just like in a fairy tale! As we were trotting down the road and people passed us in their cars, they were honking and waving, celebrating with us! The driver was very considerate of traffic since we were driving through town, and helped vehicles go around us if they were in a hurry. Our ride was so beautiful and so romantic. We loved every minute of it. Our horse-drawn carriage ride was a dream come true!

Sent on 05/28/2021

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review. Glad you enjoyed your ride and that the carriage added to make your wedding so enjoyable.
  • Megan

Megan K. · Married on 12/12/2020

Gorgeous horses (Tom and Jerry)

Tom and Jerry were all decked out for Christmas!

Sent on 12/19/2020

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

Thanks Megan. glad you enjoyed Tom and Jerry and your carriage ride at your wedding. Luck and love to you both in the future
    The Harmons

Tanu · Married on 09/04/2016

We just wanted to extend a sincere thank you to Harmon's Carriages, especially Midge, Jim, and Jenny who were part of our special day this past Labor Day weekend in Fairfax. Not only was their team very timely, they were also equally accommodating, personable, and kind throughout the entire experience. We would like to convey a special thanks to Jenny, as well as the horse-minder, who ensured the procession went wonderfully without a hitch and made everyone feel comfortable!

The white mare and her beautiful adornments truly made for a wonderful visual experience, especially for the kids in the audience who were taking it all in every step of the way. She was super friendly to all who wanted to pet or take pictures with her. We are very appreciative and hope to have an opportunity to do business with Harmon's Carriages again in the future in some capacity or another.

With love,
    D&T

Sent on 09/18/2016

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

Thank you for from Jenny, Jim and Nalini. They are happy to hear that you were pleased with their presentation of the Groom's Procession. It is always nice to hear that our crews have helped make someone's wedding special. Love and laughter always. Midge

Avanthi · Married on 08/22/2015

Excellent service and the carriage and horses were out of this world.
    What a grand service.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Rachel · Married on 07/19/2014

We hired Harmon's to transport the bride and bridal party from one end of the venue to another for the ceremony (big place). They were prompt and we got exactly what we were expecting. We were able to fit 4 adults and 4 children in the carriage. It also made for beautiful pictures!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Thank you for a beautiful carriage it made the wedding over the top perfect. I would highly recommend there services.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Ramona · Married on 05/03/2014

Everything was excellent!! I only wish we had asked you meet us farther back on the road so that we could enjoy a longer ride!!! You were very flexible in that you let my niece and nephew on at the last second so that they could have their chance to ride as well as my littler niece who had jumped on the carriage at the beginning..Thank you sooo much for the fun and the grandeur! We wish we could do it again!

Paul and Ramona Vaughn

Sent on 07/01/2014

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

Glad you had fun. Keep us in mind for an anniversary some where down the line and you can do it again. Have a great life together Midge

Kerry D. · Married on 04/12/2014

Absolutely the best entrance a bride and her father could make! It was beautiful!!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

Thank you. So glad your carriage ride was enjoyed and impressive. Have a happy life full of laughter.
    The Harmons

Kate · Married on 12/01/2012

Harmon's Carriages added something extra special to the wedding day. They picked us up from the ceremony venue and took us to our reception. The pictures of the carriage and horses from the day are just beautiful and we had so much fun during the ride. Harmon's was on time (early, actually), professional and easy to coordinate with. The carriage was gorgeous and the horses were beautiful and very sweet. I definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Sherry · Married on 07/07/2012

This topped the list for making our wedding a fairy tale come true. It was just simply amazing to arrive by horse drawn carriage for the ceremony. Midge at Harmon's took very good care of us and our driver Jim was the best. He was so nice to talk to on the ride to the ceremony, which definitely helps to put your nerves at ease. I highly recommend Midge and her staff to make your wedding day extra special, like they did for ours!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

Thank you, Sherry. We are so glad you enjoyed your carriage ride, and that it definitely added to your wedding day pleasure. We appreciate your posting to Wedding Wire. I believe John was your driver and he is one of the nicest guys around. He always makes everyone feel at ease. Jim was the hauler for the truck and trailer.
    Hope your life if filled with laughter. The Harmons
  • Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen · Married on 05/05/2012

We live in Maryland and got married in Maryland at the Cylburn Arboretum. From beginning to end, Midge Harmon really helped me pull off this surprise. I hired a horse and carriage as a surprise for my groom. It was under $1000 for 2 hours. My now husband is totally blind. One of our first trips together was to Busch Gardens in Virginia where he got to meet the famous Clydesdales. I wasn't able to find a Clydesdale but I was able to find a Draft horse which is a cousin of the Clydesdale. She put jingle bells on the harness so he could hear the horse moving. When the horse and carriage arrived during the ceremony, the guests couldn't figure out where the sound of the jingle bells was coming from. They all had a guess about it. It was as much a surprise for them as it was for my groom. Seeing him so happy when we were riding in the carriage was one of the best parts of our day. John, the driver. was really great. He held my sunglasses when we were doing pictures and he answered all of my groom's questions about Dixie (our horse). We really had a great time. We can't thank them enough for all they did to make our day special.

Sent on 05/09/2012

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

Thank you, Sue-Ellen. We are so pleased that everything was such a success, and that you and Marc especially enjoyed your ride and the horse. John said Marc was just thrilled, and petted and talked To Dixie the whole time.
    How neat that the Sleigh Bells added to the interest for your guests. They will definitly remember your wedding. Have a terrific life and love and laughter always. Midge and all the Harmon crew.

Tricia · Married on 09/17/2010

My husband and are got married in September and we debated whether or not to spend the money on this "extra" touch. But we are so glad we did!! The horse was beautiful and the carriage was wonderful. The carriage driver was fabulous. We couldn't believe how much it made our wedding feel like a fairy tale!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 05/30/2009

At first I was unsure about hiring a horse drawn carriage for my wedding where the church was literally a block and a half away from the reception venue, but when all was said and done, the carriage ride was my 2nd absolute favorite part and memory from our wedding (the first being the ceremony of course). It took us to our photo location and then strolled around Old Town until it was time for the reception to begin. It was so nice to have the time spent alone with my new husband in an open carriage on a beautiful day in Old Town Alexandria. At times onlookers were waving, cheering, honking and congratulating us as if we were famous! Then there were times that it was peaceful and all we could do is smile and enjoy the company of one another as the sound of trotting horse steps were heard in the background. Both my husband and I loved every second of it!

Sent on 06/24/2009

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

We are glad to hear that your carriage ride after your wedding in Olde Town Alexandria was more than you expected. It is a lovely place to use a carriage. Sounds like you have a nice combination of peace and audience response.
    Good Luck. The Harmons

Crystal · Married on 11/01/2008

The horses were beautiful, the carriage was wonderful and comfortable and I couldn't believe how awesome it made the whole wedding! It really set the mood for the nostalgia and the feel I wanted for my wedding and I'm SO glad I spent the money!!!

Sent on 11/03/2008

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

Thank You. Appreciate the kind words. We are happy you enjoyed the carriage at your wedding. The Harmons

Jaclyn · Married on 04/14/2007

Having the carriage mad my day magical. Well worth the extra expense.

Sent on 01/31/2008

Harmon's Carriages provided a white mare for the baraat for our Indian wedding. They were responsive throughout the planning process and provided excellent service on the day of. The handler arrived early, with plenty of time to get set up and ready for the procession, and the horse was beautifully decorated, with the perfect temperament for the baraat. The only minor issue was that there was no stool to help the groom mount the horse, so he had to be hoisted onto the horse by his groomsmen (not easy to do in the Indian wedding attire), but this was a small oversight, and the groom (and all of our guests!) thoroughly enjoyed the baraat. Would recommend Harmon's to others - reasonably priced and great service.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Bill · Married on 05/25/2014

Harmon's Carriage service was unique, timely, and contributed much to the wedding venue. They arrived as promised and were congenial to work with as to how they would integrate their service with the wedding venue. In fact they went out of their way to please and make our event a very happy occasion. I would strongly recommend Harmon's for the value they bring, the folks they work with, and their obvious desire to make a lasting customer delighted with their services.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Rama · Married on 05/09/2014

They are very easy to communicate, very professional and did a great job in providing their white mare for the wedding. the groom had a great time riding the mare during Baraat. didn't know that they also provided band. if i had known i would have certainly asked for their services.

Sent on 08/20/2014
  • Mrs Max

Gia · Married on 10/20/2013

3.0

Our carriage ride was AMAZING! My cheeks hurt so much from people waving, smiling, clapping and taking pictures as we strolled the streets of Old Town Alexandria. It was perfect. However, when we got dropped off to go runaway for some alone time and the driver went to go pick up my family so they could ride, unfortunately it wasn't as pleasant for them. Something happened with the horses and they began to run through red lights and almost hit a car! My mom said she couldn't believe what was happening and just kept pleading the blood of Jesus for protection! Prayerfully, the driver was able to gain control again of the horses and my family had to unload. The horses were injured somehow and the carriage ride ended for them. They had been riding for only 10-15 min. I'm going to contact them as ask for a discount. I know these are wild animals and they are unpredictable so I'm not mad at the company, but I didn't get my full 2 hours and it's a very scary thought to know that my immediate family and my husband's immediate family could have all been seriously injured or killed. I would recommend this company but just know what you're getting into.

UPDATE 10/30/13: Just received a personal letter from Harmon's addressing the mishap that happened with the horses. The letter even mentioned the driver saying how my mom was praying and obviously her prayers were answered. I was shocked! Also the letter included a reimbursement check for the time we had to cut short. I am in awe, blessed, grateful and shocked that they took the time to address the issue without me having to contact them or complain. Absolutely wonderful customer service and company!! Thank you Harmon's and more specifically Howard and Midge!

Sent on 10/27/2013

3.5

Midge and her team arrived for our wedding hours before schedule, assuring there was no delay and were great to work with!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Harmon's Horse Drawn Carriages + White Mares for Baraats's reply:

Thanks. Good Luck in the contest.

Midge

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2007

3.0

My husband and I were very pleased at the services that Harmon's provided for us. We had a horse drawn carriage pulled by 2 beautiful horses. It was our grand entrance to our reception on my parents 500 acre Victorian farm. We also used the carriage to pose for pictures with our bridal party. Thank you

Sent on 11/11/2008