Happy Heart Photography, LLC Reviews

30 | Warrenton, VA

30 Reviews for Happy Heart Photography, LLC

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2012

I probably contacted more photographers than I did any other vendor, trying to find one that would even come close to my budget (photography is expensive!). Ashley of Happy Heart Photography was one of only two photographers that were in my price range, and she was the only one who didn't nickel and dime every package item and hour. In fact, her price was for your entire wedding - whenever you wanted her until whenever it was over. No per-hour fee nonsense - she stayed the entire time!

We did an engagement session with her in addition to the wedding, and the photos from each turned out fabulous! I'm very picky about how I look in photos, andI will be printing/framing a ton of these! They are just like the beautiful wedding photos that you see on blogs and in magazines - colorful, soft light, attention to detail. The best part was it was really easy to get them - Ashley gave suggestions on how to stand, poses, where to look, etc., which I desperately needed as I'm not very comfortable with my photo being taken. She stepped in (in a non pushy way) when needed and faded into the background when appropriate; I didn't even realize she was around to capture all the reception photos she got!

Overall, I'd definitely recommend Ashley. For an affordable, friendly, responsive photographer who takes gorgeous photos, she is your girl!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Rachael · Married on 05/21/2011

First meeting with Ashley was at a coffee shop and my husband and I instantly felt at ease with her. She came extremely prepared to that first meeting with several sample albums and a thorough informational/pricing package for us to take home and review. She didn't rush us, pressure us or make us feel like we needed to commit right there but we instantly knew that she was "the one".

Our engagement photo session was amazing. Before we even saw the pictures, we knew they'd be great. Ashley, accompanied by her husband Aaron, spent almost a whole day with us and it was like we were hanging out with friends. Ashley and Aaron are professional, kind, fun and very easy to be around.

Wedding day. I have to say that Ashley is one of the hardest working people I've ever met. From the moment she got to our hotel (where we were getting ready), she was on her game and our pictures are proof of just how hard she worked. She even stayed a little longer after our reception (when I know she was completely exhausted) to get some great shots of my husband and I in the lobby of the hotel. Those pictures turned out to be some of our favorites. One of Ashley's many talents is being there & in the middle of everything, yet you didn't really notice all of the pictures that were being taken. We have so many great candid shots of our guests from the reception because of this.

We received both our engagement & wedding photos very quickly (electronically). We just received our actual wedding album & I have probably looked through it 100 times already. It's amazing. Beautiful. One-of-a-kind.

Deciding on our photographer was, by far, the easiest decision we made throughout our whole wedding planning process. We felt an extreme sense of trust in Ashley. This is why we chose Happy Heart.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Amy · Married on 08/23/2008

I was very happy I chose Ashley Davis of Happy Heart Photography to shoot my wedding. She was very thorough all day trying to capture every moment of our special day. She definitely worked with us to provide what we wanted in the way of our wedding photography. Naomi, her assistant was very good too. Both girls were a pleasure to work with. They shot a free engagement shoot, from which Ashley is making a photo book for us at a very reasonable price. They also drove nearby to my neighborhood after the reception for some shots of just me and David by the Potomac River. My husband and I were both thrilled with the final results of Ashley's work, including her editing of the pictures. I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 10/07/2008

Josh · Married on 10/16/2011

3.5

Happy Heart Phtography is amazing. They truly captured our wedding how we wanted to remember it. Some of the best photo-journalistic pictures I have ever seen. Memory's that will last a lifetime!! Thanks Ashley!!

Sent on 04/24/2012
  • W

Debbie · Married on 04/08/2012

0.0

My daughter booked Happy Hearts Photography to do her wedding. She was sent a blank contract, asked to fill in the info and send everything back with a $1500.00 depost and that a fully signed contract would be sent back. This never happened and we never heard back from her after that. My daughter didn't mind and didn't think it was a big deal thinking she would have more contact with her as the date got closer. Two weeks later we needed to cancel the wedding because her grandfather found out he had stage 4 prostate cancer. She wanted to get married immediately so that he could attend the wedding. All of her other vendors were very accommodating and refunded all our deposits, even the venue and the caterer. My daughter emailed her to explain the situation and she never heard back. It is now over a month later and she still has not heard a single word back from her. I would be very careful when booking Happy Hearts Photography and definitely DO NOT sign her blank contract and send it back with your deposit, you may never hear back from her.

Sent on 04/20/2012

Happy Heart Photography, LLC's reply:

This review is obviously a misunderstanding. I did in fact contact the bride immediately after hearing about her wedding cancellation. I offered my sincere condolences on her unfortunate situation and kindly offered her a few options for us to proceed, but never heard back from her. After receiving this review I wrote the bride again at the same address we had always used for communication, warmly letting her know that I was still available and more than willing to work with her on any points of concern. Again, I never heard back from her. At no point had I met with or ever spoken with the bride's mother. Please read all of our other 19+ reviews from our happy brides. Happy Heart Photography always goes above and beyond when it comes to customer care. Unfortunately we were never given the opportunity to work things out to everyone's contentment in this isolated circumstance because we never heard back from the bride after multiple attempts to contact her.