17 Reviews for Happy H Ranch

Set Up (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
Parking (1)
17 Happy H Ranch Reviews

This venue is beautiful. My photos are breathtaking from the views of this place! Deer come up right to the side of the building where you can see them. Bud, Julie, Natalie, and Raleigh, help you to coordinate the entire event to make sure everything runs smoothly and do much of the set up like tables and chairs so you don't have to! The venue is one of that larger ones I have found which was great because I needed a place that allowed for a large dance floor for the grand march. Ill never forget how beautiful my wedding was here.

Profile Picture Devin, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Linens, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

I wish I could have a wedding there every month! The views are stunning and breath taking and so peaceful!
Not to metion the owners Bud & Julie are AMAZING!!! They are down to earth and so much fun to be around! Every staff they have starting from the set up, tear down, to the event coordinator were all so very polite and as sweet as can be!! They are all so bery helpful and want to make sure you and the whole wedding party are relaxed and at ease, including making sure all the guests all feel at home!!
Again Thank you so much for making out wedding day PERFECT!!
Chantel & Anthony Rubio
4-8-17

Profile Picture Chantel, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you're looking for a fun, laid-back place to get married, Happy H is the place to be! Bud and Julie (the owners) are very easy-going and extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process and day of! They helped plan, set up, and tear down. Another thing I loved was that we were able to go decorate all day on Friday before our Saturday ceremony so nothing was rushed and I could help. It rained all day on our wedding day and we ended up having to do the wedding inside of the barn. We were planning to have it at the hitching post, but it still turned out perfect inside of the barn (and still beautiful)! They will also spread out corn for your guests to see the deer which is really neat. Pick Happy H, you won't regret it, I promise!

Profile Picture Macie, 3/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the perfect hill country venue. The price is fair in comparison to other popular venues, the owners are amazing, and the property is absolutely gorgeous. You will not be disappointed if you book here!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

I can't say enough about this venue and the owners Bud and Julie! They are so much more than venue owners, they truly make you feel at home and offer their assistance even when they don't have to. Bud was up bright and early the day before the wedding to help us hang lanterns from the ceiling! On top of that him and Julie worked with me to get the perfect placement of tables and chairs even last minute. They pay such close attention to detail and help in any way they can. It's rare you find a venue that works so closely to give a bride anything and everything she wants and to ensure they can make it happen. The venue itself is enchanting. You really don't need many decorations because the views and the barn itself are breathtaking. The amount of compliments we got on the rolling hills and fallow deer were outstanding. I couldn't imagine having a more beautiful wedding. Thanks for all y'all do at Happy H Ranch. All those little things really do add up and made my day so much more special.

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Happy H Ranch! From the stunning hill country views, to the venue, to the amazing staff, I could not have chosen a better venue for my wedding. I looked all across the Texas Hill Country and came across Happy H Ranch. It had exactly what I was looking for. A place for all of the wedding party to get ready, beautiful facilities looking over the hill country and a rustic, yet romantic feel. From our first site visit you could tell that the owners Julie and Bud take pride in their venue and go above and beyond to make all of their clients happy. Through the wedding planning process they were right there to help me create the wedding of my dreams. Julie was always responsive to my questions, requests and ideas and went above and beyond to make sure myself, my soon-to-be husband and all of our families were taken care of. One of the many benefits of holding your wedding at Happy H Ranch is that your event will be the only one that weekend. This allows you to take your time and not be rushed setting up additional decorations and personal touches. All of the kids and their parents loved seeing the hill country animals come up to the reception area, not even phased by the party that was going on. One of the comments I got the most following the wedding was guests asking if we had paid extra to get all of the “critters,” as they call them at Happy H, to come up to the reception area. My response was always “no, that’s just how amazing the venue was.” I cannot say enough wonderful things about Happy H Ranch and the wonderful family that runs it. My husband and I are so blessed to have shared our special day there and I hope we can find a reason in the future to host another beautiful event at Happy H Ranch.

Profile Picture Jillian, 2/27/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Outside Alcohol, Covered Outdoor

Thank you so much to the happy h ranch crew for everything you did for us! Bud Julie and sara were amazing in helping make sure everything was perfect for our special day. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and everybody was extremely friendly. Thank you so much!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ashley, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough about how great the Happy H Ranch was for our wedding. It is absolutely beautiful, we got married on March 8, 2014 and it rained but the Happy H had a prefect contingency plan that actually turned my wedding into something better than I had planned originally! When I found Happy H online and called the venue I could instantly feel how much Denise and the owners loved their venue and wanted to share it with us. We absolutely fell in love with the location. The scenery of the Texas hill country was absolutely beautiful and the wildlife around the venue was the icing on the cake. We were looking for a barn style wedding and though the venue was not an official barn it was absolutely perfect and had the rustic yet elegant feel we were looking for. Bud and Julie the owners were wonderful! The cross on top of the hill is beautiful especially when lit up at night. We decided to get married at the hitching post with the reception in the event center to follow. We also decided to have our rehearsal dinner catered in at the event center on the ranch the night prior to our wedding. The planning process is always busy but Denise (the event coordinator) was very helpful and accommodating and told me it is your day and we will do whatever we can to make it exactly what you want, and she absolutely delivered on that promise. Our rehearsal dinner was catered in at the event center and it was really nice to be able to do our rehearsal and turn around and walk to the event center for our dinner. I think it was the best decision since there are not really any large locations in Comfort to accommodate a rehearsal dinner. On the day of our wedding it was freezing and raining, the decision had to be made to change the location of our wedding ceremony into the event center rather than outside at the hitching post. The event center has one wall that is completely open and overlooks the beautiful hill country. I was disappointed at first but they told me that they have c

Profile Picture Ashley , 3/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married on 9/28/13 and I cannot say enough about Happy H Ranch. This is truly an amazing and beautiful place for a wedding or any event. If you are looking for a gorgeous setting with a rustic feel, this is the place for you! Bud, Julie, Brenda, Denise and their wonderful staff at Happy H are totally awesome! They are so kind and willing to help to make your day perfect! They take all the stress away from you on the day of the event. They promised no rain, and as it was thundering a couple hours before the event and raining off and on, I have to say I had my doubts, but they were right, it did not rain! :) Everyone at Happy H is so nice and courteous and willing to help with whatever you need! I highly recommend them and the staff for your next event, whatever it may be!! Thanks for an awesome day for our wedding!!! You’re GREAT!! Thanks again for all of your help!!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Happy H Ranch is such an amazing venue! The location is very easy to find, and the drive out to the hill country is beautiful. Bud and Julie went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. Brenda, the wedding coordinator, made the entire event so easy!! She made sure everything ran smoothly and stress free! Everyone at Happy H Ranch is so helpful and accomidating.... And the scenery on the ranch is beyond BEAUTIFUL and GREAT for pictures.

Profile Picture Hannah, 3/23/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had always dreamed of having a hill country wedding and Bud, Julie and Brenda made that dream a reality! We absolutely fell in love with the ranch from the first time we visited. I really loved that Julie and Bud were extremely flexible with planning and conference calls as my husband and I were having a destination wedding and lived over 7 hours away from the ranch. I knew that if I ever had a question or concern I could pick up the phone and call! I loved the vendor list that was put together by them and helped so much when trying to pick a caterer and wedding cake vendor. Not only is the scenery beautiful, but it was so fun for our guests to see all the critters that come up to the reception. If you are looking for a beautiful backdrop and want the perfect hill country wedding, definitely consider and take a look at Happy H Ranch! Bud and Julie definitely make you feel like family!

Profile Picture Keri, 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband & I fell in love with the ranch & Bud & Julie the moment we sat down with them. The property is beautiful & the entire event was more than we could have ever hoped for! They made everything so easy that what I missed, they did for me....with out asking.

Profile Picture Dawn, 5/5/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

"Best" hill country wedding venue in Texas. My husband and I had a beautiful wedding here and absolutely were spoiled by Bud & Julie. They make you feel as if you where their family, and will bend over backwards to ensure your dream wedding. Our dream was to have a small town country wedding and the Hughes made it their mission to make our dreams come true. Thanks Bud & Julie we love you.

Profile Picture Sydnee, 4/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bud and Julie have a great venue location for your wedding ceremony and reception. It is in the heart of the Texas Hill Country in Comfort, Texas. Not only is it a prime location but what makes it even more enriching is the way that all the staff at Happy H Ranch make you feel. They are there to make everything go as smoothly as a wedding can go on the big day. They are very detail oriented, professional, down-to-earth, and make you feel like part of their family. We had a wonderful wedding and could not of asked for anything better. Thanks Bud, Julie, Sarah, Jessie, and all of the loving staff for making our wedding day so special.

Fernando and Ruby Lozano

Profile Picture Fernando, 4/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I came to the Happy H Ranch with nothing but a small idea. I wanted something classy and country but I did not have a clue about anything else. I did not know what kind of food I wanted for the reception or how I wanted to seat my guests or even welcome them. I did not have an outline for the day. I am a personal assistant to not one but two docters who own three offices and have three children. I work 72-84hrs a week which leaves me little time for sleep and even less time to plan a wedding. Bud & Julie Hughes put together a list of caterors and other vendors, they also helped me do all the decorations for the reception. They made my wedding exactly what I wanted it to be and then some. They truly went above and beyond and were the reason that I truly had the wedding of my dreams. Bud and Julie Hughes treated me as if I was family.

Profile Picture Angela, 3/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Such a beautiful venue. The Hughes are great.

View Vendor Response