Happy Bakeshop Reviews

39 | Denver, CO

39 Reviews for Happy Bakeshop

• Meredith

Meredith · Married on 12/19/2010

Laura at Happy Cakes was wonderful to work with. She customized our cupcakes and was flexible about pick-up times and cupcake flavors. We had four different flavors of cupcakes at our wedding; the kids were especially delighted about this. In addition to vanilla on vanilla and cookies and cream (my husband's favorite), we also took advantage of a few of their amazing holiday flavors: eggnog and candy cane. The display looked so fun and festive. The only drawback was that at times it was a little difficult to get a hold of Laura because they are simply very busy at Happy Cakes (with good reason). I would absolutely recommend using Happy Cake's services for your wedding.

Sent on 01/04/2011

Alli · Married on 08/30/2008

Happy Cakes provided a wonderful assortment of cupcakes for our reception. The guests raved about each flavor! My husband and I are already looking forward to our fresh "cake" from there on our 1 year anniversary!

It was a wonderful process of working with them. Tasting their vast selection was my favorite piece of wedding planning! The owners clearly take pride in doing what they do well. If you aren't going to use them for your wedding at least pay them a visit.

Sent on 09/18/2008
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/14/2013

Happy Cakes was amazing to work with--I needed to add a dozen, then when we got displaced due to the Colorado flood they were easy to work with on the pick up time changing--my friend picked them up and did all the leg work for me but they were seamless--and the cupcakes were gone before I even had one! Our cutting cake was simple but incredibly yummy--
    Definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/16/2013

3.5

We ordered about seventy cupcakes for our wedding, which included four different flavored and decorating styles. We also had gluten dairy free cupcakes, which we were very happy they offered. They were so delicious and beautiful! We absolutely love Happy Cakes (we go at least once a month). :) Everyone that works there is very kind and helpful as well!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Chelsey · Married on 05/15/2015

3.0

Happy Cakes did an amazing job on our personal cake and cupcakes for our wedding! The flavors were amazing and we received so many compliments on them! They were also decorated perfect and matched our wedding colors! Only thing is that they don't always respond right away via email, so you must be patient with that! Other than that I would definitely recommend them for a wedding or any other event!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Daniel · Married on 08/23/2014

3.5

Happy Cakes did an amazing job with our wedding cupcakes! As a celiac, I always imagined finding a gluten-free wedding cake would be impossible. Happy Cakes made it so easy! We couldn't narrow down a flavor, so we chose a variety of GF cupcakes. (We didn't even mention to our guests that they were gluten-free. They were all gone by breakfast the next morning - they were just so good.) About half way through our ordering process, we started working with Laura, who was so friendly, helpful, and professional. They even delivered them all the way to our mid-mountain venue in Winter Park! Thank you, Happy Cakes, for your great service and fantastic cupcakes!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Victoria · Married on 08/20/2011

My husband and I joke that the *one* thing we were sure of as we kicked off planning our wedding planning was that we would be having cupcakes at the reception and would be using Happy Cakes. And we were not disappointed! Happy Cakes did an amazing job and, as we predicted, everyone LOVED the cupcakes. The staff was very accommodating with our dietary requests (needed some gluten free options as well as vegan options). I know my husband is already looking forward to our 1 year anniversary cupcake!

Sent on 05/21/2012
  • riderzblock

Amy · Married on 08/07/2009

3.0

I had my heart set on cupcakes for my wedding and Happy Cakes offered me a dozen free cupcakes to try. They were able to decorate a cupcake stand for the cupcakes and they looked great and tasted great. We had a big cupcake to cut and instead of freezing and eating year-old cake we can just go back to Happy Cakes for our first anniversary! The only thing was it was not much of a savings from wedding cake, and I thought the delivery ($100 to Lafayette) and set up ($50) seemed like a lot to me, but to be fair, I did not price the cost of delivery and set up for a wedding cake to feed 150 so I don't want that to negatively effect my review-they delivered it and set it up very nicely, and I could have done it myself but didn't want to worry about it.

Sent on 08/21/2009
  • BDunham

Beth · Married on 05/23/2009

3.0

First off, we ordered red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting not one crumb was left untouched. Everyone loved the cupcakes. We went in for a tasting and tried so many delicious varieties that they offer and worked w/them on a unique display. They were really great on cost and flexible on delivery/drop-off, etc. But most importantly, the cupcakes were so tasty!

Sent on 06/09/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 08/05/2016

3.0

First, the cupcakes at Happy Bakeshop are FANTASTIC! Absolutely loved them and the guests at our wedding loved them as well, we got so many compliments. However, we did have a few hiccups along the way that prevent me from being able to give them the 5 star review the cupcakes alone absolutely deserve. We booked them for our wedding date and sent in a check for the deposit. I saw the check cleared from my bank and thought nothing of it. But a few months later when I called to confirm the flavors we wanted, we were told a payment was never made. Thankfully, I was able to send them confirmation from my bank that they deposited the check and we were set to go. But then I got a call a few days before my wedding claiming the final payment was never made. Due to the issue with the check for the first payment, we called to make the final payment. I had to insist they look again because I knew we had paid it and they did find it. Finally, I *know* they told me that they would deliver AND set up the cupcakes at our venue. We even paid an extra fee for this. When I got to the venue on our wedding day, I was told by the coordinator that the cupcakes were dropped off but they refused to set them up. Thankfully, our coordinator was willing to set up the cupcakes even though they typically don't so it ended up not being a huge deal. Ultimately, everything turned out fine and the cupcakes are delicious but it did add extra stress to my wedding planning while working with Happy Bakeshop.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Jaime · Married on 09/29/2012

FULL DISCLOSURE - I think wedding cakes are over rated. I think fondant is disgusting and I think most people at weddings don't have the time or patience to sit with a plate and fork and eat a rich thick piece of cake at 9pm at night. You spend $500 on a gross cake that no one eats... infuriating. On the other hand... cupcakes (specifically mini cupcakes) are the perfect solution. It allows your guests to grab a little bite of something they can shove in their mouths and enjoy between shots and dancing. No disgusting fondant frosting and cupcakes give people 5-6 flavors to choose from! Happy Cakes was a great bakery to work with. They give you 'tasters' so you can decide which flavors you like (very fun) and they were extremely flexible with HOW we wanted the frosting and decorations to look. The pricing was market competitive and about $200 cheaper than a wedding cake. I would recommend hiring a company to do this instead of thinking you can do it yourself (or have you aunt Betty do it) because they come in and set everything up for you and you know the 'experts' will have the best tasting desserts!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Great cupcakes!!!! Very professional and great to work with. I would highly recommend Happy Cakes.

Sent on 07/24/2012
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 07/24/2009

3.5

Cupcakes and only cupcakes! They do one thing and they do it really well. Happy Cakes offers such fun flavors of cupcakes (we had chocolate, snickerdoodle and maple bacon at our wedding), and it creates a special and fun touch. Laura was great to work with - she really listened to what we wanted and was able to meet our needs. Also, they make gluten-free cupcakes! We had four gluten-free guests who were thrilled to be able to eat dessert at a wedding for a change.

The only slight negative would be flexibility. If you order a flavor that's not a flavor of the day, you have to order a minimum number. Also, the colors are pretty limited (but that didn't matter much to me).

Nice job! I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 08/05/2009

Nicki · Married on 05/02/2015

4.2
      3.0

Happy Cakes did an amazing job with our cupcakes and wedding cake! It was affordable and delicious!!
    I wish the responsiveness would have been a little better but understand they are busy with wedding season.

Sent on 06/22/2015