40 Reviews for HansonEllis.com

2.7
Design (1)

0.5

Ordered a few items a week ago can't get in touch with anybody. Would definitely not think once about recommending them to anyone or ordering anything else.

Profile Picture Frank, 5/27/18, 1 Review
0.5

Ordered personalized wooden roses on March 23 2018 paid $23 just for expedited shipping within 1-5 days. April 3 2018 haven't heard anything sent three emails no response, I would not recommend for anything!

Profile Picture Ryan, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts, Invitations

Ordered invitation bottles for my wedding and arrived beautifully and on time. Will definitely order from them again.

Profile Picture Linda, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Design
0.5

I ordered a single shell container to use to propose to my girlfriend. The plan was to pop the question at the beach on a trip we had planned for a while. Placed the order almost 2 months ago. Stil havnt received it. Called and emailed them multiple times and still no answer. Makes me think they aren't even a real company and I just lost my money. Now we leave for the beach in couple days and I gota rush to find another way to propose. Unless u plan to relieve your order 5 months later if at all...don't use this company. Non existent customer service.

Profile Picture Jon, 9/2/17, 1 Review
0.5

SAY NO TO THIS SITE! WHAT A SCAM!

We ordered our cake topper and waited patiently for it. We didn't have a deadline to have it because we ordered it so early. We watched as it was processed (2 weeks after purchase) and then shipped (Another week) and 25 days after purchase... still nothing in the mail. So we finally broke down and emailed them asking about it and they said it's SOLD OUT! How can something be processed and then shipped and be sold out. I will never shop there again and I recommend you don't either.

Profile Picture User7312053, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
0.8

DON"T DO IT!!! YOU will never receive your order. You can't contact anyone by phone or email. you will not get a tracking number either

Profile Picture Diane, 6/10/17, 1 Review
2.1

Never order from this company! The item is expected to arrive within 7-14 days, but it's now three weeks and haven't arrived. I'm going away on a vacation today and don't have this gift with me to take. I called them and they picked up right away. They were willing to refund me 50%, but it doesn't matter because i don't have that special gift. I now have to go out and buy another gift last minute because they wasted my time with their delivery promises which they never meet.

For a gifts online store, I would think delivery timing is crucial as there are events people plan and depend on these items to arrive on time, but apparently they do not take it seriously! After reading from the rest of the posts, I don't even know when I will receive the gift anymore.

Profile Picture Trang, 4/12/17, 1 Review
0.5

We had very horrible experience with this seller. I would never ever buy any product for them. We ordered few products from them but we always got response that they are out of stock. At last we cancelled the order and had to wait for a month for the refund. That too after numerous calls.

Profile Picture D, 1/17/17, 1 Review
0.9

Don't ever buy anything from this Company. I purchased a wine presentation box from them & paid for expedited shipping. I live about 30 miles away from them. It took 3 days for them to get me my package. Let's put this in perspective. I orderded some deluxe wedding DVD cases from a company in San Luis Obispo over a 100 miles away. Both packages shipped on Monday one from Hanson in Torrance, CA the other from Digital Wedding cases in San Luis Obispo.

The proprietor of Digital wedding cases emailed & called me Monday morning to fix an issue with my order & offer me a refund on the expedited order because he could get it to me on Tuesday via USPS priority mail. I'll use his service for the rest of my life.

Hanson on the other hand sent me an email saying the order shipped USPS priority mail & that was pretty much the end of their responsibility. I called after receiving my order to ask for a shipping refund & got the head of customer service, Tracy who shouldn't be in charge of servicing her own life. How she is in charge mystifies & leads me to believe either she won't be there much longer or this company just doesn't care about customers once they get paid. My order came on a Thursday & they flat refused to refund me of my expedited shipping cost. I asked to speak to her Manager whom she told me, his name was KD. She refused to let me speak with him. I'm quite livid but thanks for showing me another company never to do business with again.

Respectfully.
SCF

Profile Picture Stefan, 9/18/16, 1 Review
1.0

I paid for mini genie bottles with a message scroll. When I received the proof with the custom text for the scroll I was very disappointed. The font and design were very poor and unprofessional - it looked like a middle schooler had typed it up in a big blob on the sheet. I designed my own version and sent it 9 times! Each time the proofs looked nothing like what I sent. I had multiple phone conversations with Tracy because I kept calling - no one called me back when I left messages. I was talked over and cut off by Keith multiple times. The sales team is very unprofessional. I would not recommend using Hanson Ellis if you want quality items or service.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 1/30/16, 1 Review
0.6

Worst experience ever!
AVOID THIS COMPANY!!
I placed my order in February, they didn't ship it till the end of March. When I said that I will file a claim - they said we already shipped everything. In fact, I have received 4 instead of 10 items and 1 of them has the wrong names on it, the other one item was broken! Seriously??!!!
When I asked them to refund my money they said absolutely the same information as the previous reviews said. We have received everything yesterday and will ship it this week. This week ended - my order hasn't been shipped!
DON't PURCHASE FROM THEM!!!
You will waste your time and money!

Profile Picture Marina, 3/20/15, 1 Review
1.6

Ordered 2 different items on 22nd February to be engraved. One was delivered on 2nd April and the other is expected to be delivered on 30th April. The transit time and turnaround is far too slow and not what they specify on their website or confirmation email (as shown below). They did not let me know that the items were out of stock and only after I contacted Hanson Ellis (26th March) to check the status, customer service informed me that the items had just come in and would be shipped out within a week. As one item was not received, I followed up again on 8th April and was told that it would ship out this week. On 24th April I contacted again and was advised that they made a mistake and the wrong item came in and it had just come in and would be going out this week.
Based on the time taken to receive the items and the fact I had to contact them 3 times for information is the reason I would not recommend ordering from them.

"Delivery Time
Production time for Custom/Personalized gifts and favors is 3-7 business days before shipment. Allow an additional 3-5 business days for transit time before arrival. Custom/Personalized gifts and favors include products that are assembled, engraved, embroidered, printed, embossed, etched, and hot stamped. Note: If you wish to have a proof of your order and/or if we did not receive your personalization, it may delay your order beyond the target date. All orders are based upon stock availability. If your product(s) is on back-order for an unusual amount of time, we will contact you. Out of the U.S. orders can not be rushed and may take up to 2-4 weeks before arrival."

Profile Picture Richard, 8/1/14, 2 Reviews
0.0

WORST COMPANY EVER!! IT TOOK 2 MONTHS TO GET MY ORDER, THEY ADDED EXTRA FEES FOR SHIPPING TO GET MORE MONEY OFF ME AND THE ORDER WASN'T RIGHT IN THE END. AND HOW DO THEY TRY TO RESOLVE IT....WE CAN GIVE YOU A REDUCED RATE FOR THE MISSING PRODUCTS. WORST COMPANY EVER SAVE YOUR TIME AND YOUR MONEY AND GO ELSEWHERE.

Profile Picture omar, 1/9/14, 1 Review
0.7

This company is awful! Not only is the customer service awful, the actual products are low quality! My order also took weeks past when they should have arrived before I finally received my package in the mail, which included a few damaged items. I would have been better off walking in to party city for my wedding, in fact the service probably would have been better.

Profile Picture User3417668, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts

They were great to work with & responded to emails quickly. The only thing I didnt like was that I was told I could have a discount for ordering so many bottles but then didnt recieve it because it wasnt noted and they didnt do that. But did get free shipping. I've ordered my sand ceremony kit, MOH beach bag and 55 message in a bottle invitations. All engraved nicely.

Profile Picture User3084660, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
0.0

ordered a custom money clip on May 10, still haven't receive it til today, sent email twice, no reply, horrible service!

Order #111632

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Trista, 6/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts

We did the bottle starfish invitations. They were great for our beach themed wedding! The guests were in awe and cherished them like they were a prize. Shipping was fast and efficient. We couldn't ask for more. Thank you!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Cynthia, 4/18/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts

They worked hard to get my invitations to me promptly. I was even able to save money on shipping because they were just a few short miles from my home I was able to pick them up.
Their team did an awesome job and my invitations were beautiful !

Profile Picture Yolanda, 7/29/12, 6 Reviews
1.0

Horrible HORRIBLE customer experience with them. They ended up not fulfilling my order, but DIDNT LET ME KNOW for three weeks until I hounded their customer service people. And they never made it right. I WOULD AVOID THEM if you absolutely positively need your items.

Profile Picture Brian, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts

I ordered the starfish message in the bottle in a box as a wedding favor, and had it shipped to Canada, then to hawaii for my wedding. We even had them engraved. Easy to work with and great price, they provided a few proofs of the message to ensure we got it right. Items looked great, were packed carefully, and even provided a few extra starfish in case the others got damaged. Great service and great unique wedding favour.

Profile Picture Wendy, 5/25/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts

I bought the most darling little succulent tea light candles from HansonEllis.com. Other vendors also provide similar favors, but these came packaged beautifully and were a much better quality than other novelty tea lights. The order came with four different succulent styles, they were individually wrapped with a nice bow and labeled with a custom label, which said "I'm stuck on you." They shipped them to me in secure packaging, and on time, as they promised. My only regret is that I wish I had bought more because everyone was snatching them up. I highly recommend this website because they have very unique favors/gifts and they will wrap them up in an aesthetically pleasing manner, which removes a lot of stress from the wedding planning. Also, the value is great, I don't think other vendors can provide completely wrapped, ready-to-go favors for the same low price.

Profile Picture Sunny, 5/18/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Invitations

More than beautiful!!! We had a "Message in a Bottle" for our beach wedding. When I received them they were bigger and more beautiful than what was shown on the website. I didn't have enough in my first order and months later had to reorder more. They were wonderful to work with and had a new shipment our within a couple of days.

Profile Picture Kim, 4/25/12, 13 Reviews
1.0

Originally, my wedding party was supposed to be only six people, so I placed an order via Hanson Ellis for engraved chopsticks and several other small favors (namely seashell turtles). I had placed several other orders, including personalized gifts, with other websites the same day, yet this order arrived several weeks after I had received my other items. Though not exactly timely, I was pleased with the quality of work. The chopsticks looked nice, and this was one of the only sites I found where you could customize the chopsticks individually rather than in sets of 12. However, the wedding party somehow grew to fourteen, and I had to place a second order. This order was basically a duplicate of the first, chopsticks, soap, and the little turtle seashells. I received the order on Tuesday, April 3rd, and to my dismay, the package was missing the seashells, even though it stated on the packing slip that they were there. I called up Hanson Ellis and explained that they were missing, and that with my wedding date being April 8th, if they were unable to get them to me, that they should just cancel them and refund my money. The agent ensured me that they would arrive on Friday via 3day shipping and it wouldn't be a problem. Friday morning, I checked the shipment tracking to find that the status has updated and my turtles wouldn't arrive until Monday. I call up Hanson Ellis, only to reach a standard answering machine. I leave my name and a message for them to contact me about the situation. Later that afternoon, I still hadn't heard from them, so I called again, only to find they had changed their answering message to a "we're closed early for Easter weekend." Again, I leave a message. Monday afternoon rolls around, still no follow up call, so I call again. Luckily, they answer and I explain my situation, at which point the agent decides to accuse of me of perhaps throwing the turtles out with the packaging. After speaking with her supervisor she says they're willing to refund the money for the turtles. I ask whether my shipping costs will be refunded to me, given that I paid to have my items shipped to me in a timely fashion. She starts by saying they paid more to ship the chopsticks and turtles (a hefty package huh?) than what I paid in shipping costs. Then she says I'm lucky they didn't charge me to express (3day ship) the turtles to my house (because I should pay for their warehouse screwing up). Then after again putting me on hold, apparently she got permission from her supervisor to credit me $2, at which point, I just gave up and accepted that they are contending for the worst customer service to exist. Oh, and her reason for them not calling me back? Apparently between Thursday night when their customer service closed, and Friday morning when they opened and I called, they're answering machine got backed up, and there were simply lots of calls to be taken care of. Right...

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/8/12, 2 Reviews
1.0

Avoid at all costs. Don't reply to emails or calls, slow to ship, they'll tell you it'll be mailed one day, call days after it was supposed to be mailed to find they haven't even completed it yet, and once arrived the order had a typo so it's no good. Quality control is nonexistent apparently. Never, ever again.

Profile Picture User7457005, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.3

I purchased my invitations through them, they were messages in glass bottles w/ sand and shells in them. AMAZING! They got to me fast and were perfect and everyone loved them. I also bought some great picture frames and gifts for our families...all at very reasonable prices...great prices actually! :)

Profile Picture User1275161, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews