Hank Lane Music Reviews

651 Reviews for Hank Lane Music

• Kerry

Kerry · Married on 11/09/2018

Dane wright band

My husband and I saw this band at a close friend’s wedding about 3-4 years ago, well before we were even engaged. Fast forward to our turn to wedding plan, and we booked them. They are BY FAR the best wedding band I have ever heard, and I am so grateful we got them. Dane was amazing to work with, and he truly took our music interests to heart. We wanted 90s alternative and hip hop mixed with some recent hits, and some oldies. DWB did NOT disappoint. Since our wedding, we have had friends and family come forward telling us they had an amazing time, and that the band was by far the best they have ever heard. They are truly an elite band in my eyes. I wish I could plan another event just to have them there. Highly recommend this band!!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Laurie A. · Married on 11/03/2018

Beyond incredible!

Luxe played at my son’s wedding this weekend and they were BEYOND AMAZING! From the minute I saw their video I knew this was the band that would make the wedding one that everyone would be talking about. The dance floor was packed the entire evening. No one, including 88 year old Grandpa, sat down. Every singer and musician was extraordinary. Our friends and family can’t stop talking about the amazing time that they had, well beyond the obligatory compliments one would expect. When they closed out the evening with “Shout” (which was like nothing I ever heard before), no one was ready to leave the dance floor! If you hire Luxe, please invite me so I can experience it all over again!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Matt · Married on 11/03/2018

Hire Luxe!

Luxe played at my wedding this past weekend, and to say they exceeded expectations would be an understatement! Our entire wedding party of almost 300 people was up dancing the entire night. Frank, the band's leader, was amazing from the pre-wedding meeting all the way to the last song of the night! The entire party was chanting "ONE MORE SONG!" at the end! All of our family and friends cannot stop talking about them. You will not regret hiring Luxe to play at your wedding!!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Lauren C. · Married on 10/27/2018

The BEST band!

I cannot say enough about Nocturne! Working with the band and coordinating all details was absolutely seamless, and they were phenomenal! Our guests are STILL talking about them. Their high energy and amazing voices kept our guests dancing all night. Hiring them for our wedding was the best decision we made!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Stephanie D. · Married on 10/20/2018

Marcus Reid Band, in one word - WOW!

Now that we’ve had almost a week to soak it in, we cannot believe how amazing our wedding day was! Marcus and the band really helped to make our wedding day extra special!

We have gotten so many texts, calls etc from our friends and family raving about how amazing The band was. We keep rewatching the videos of us and our guests partying all night long!

The Marcus Reid Band made our wedding dreams come true and we can’t wait recommend them so we can dance all night with them again!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/20/2018

Reggie Woods!!

Reggie Woods and the Soul Street Band did such an incredible job at my wedding at the Ravel Hotel in Long Island City. The guests were coming up to me all night asking who they were and where did I find them. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night - the next morning at our brunch everyone was still talking about how amazing the band was. I could not be happier that I went with them!!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Elissa M. · Married on 10/20/2018

Unlike any other

The Frank Simmons Band... WOW! From coming onto the dance floor, having a very wide range of music and dance moves to beat, this band is truly unlike any other you have ever seen. This band really felt the vibe of the night and turned it into a dance party not to be believed. Still so sad that the night is over. Praying I get to experience them again. SO MUCH LOVE FOR THE FRANK SIMMONS BAND- THANK YOU FOR THE BEST NIGHT OF OUR LIVES!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Matthew O. · Married on 10/07/2018

HIGHLY recommend Brooklyn Sound!

We could not be more thrilled with the entire Brooklyn Sound team and their performance at our wedding. Jonny and the band were simply fantastic! From start to finish, they played with tremendous energy and enthusiasm, read the crowd perfectly, and creatively selected the most fitting songs. They were a pleasure to work with in the weeks leading up to the wedding, exceptionally well prepared day-of, and perfectly executed our vision for the night. Ultimately, you can trust this band to deliver a supremely high-quality and entertaining experience that all of your guests will love.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Marie · Married on 10/06/2018

I wish I could give the Joel Young Band a 10 out of 5. They were unbelievable. Music makes a party and they sure as hell made ours. Every song was better than the next and the dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night. Their energy is contagious! Even my 95 year old aunt was up dancing because of them! I cannot thank them enough for making our wedding a homerun. Every guest that came up to us at the end of the night was raving about the band and I am still getting messages about how awesome they were. Do yourself a favor and hire them NOW.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Allision · Married on 10/06/2018

Outstanding!

The Jeff Lubin band was absolutely outstanding. I cannot recommend them enough. The performance they put on for wedding was without a doubt the highlight of the entire evening - our guests cannot stop raving about the time they had and how unbelievable our music was. Jeff and team are highly professional, engaged, and absolute rock stars. Hiring them for our wedding was the best choice we could have possibly made.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Jeffrey · Married on 09/29/2018

Dane Wright - Awesome!

Dane.Wright.Band. Just hire them. Now. Dane and his band played our wedding at the end of September and to say they absolutely crushed it would be an understatement. I was fortunate enough to hear them at a friend's wedding a few years before ours and they still blew away my expectations. So many of our friends and family have told us that they were the best band they'd ever heard that we have lost count. Hank Lane as a company is top notch but if you're looking for guidance on a specific band, Dane and his band are off the charts. They can play anything (and play it really well) and were so friendly and easy to work with. Our only regret is that we don't know when or if we'll see them play again!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Colette · Married on 09/28/2018

Wow....just wow! When people say Hank Lane is the best in the business, they aren't joking! From the start, we were met with such professionalism and kindness, which was so comforting considering wedding planning can get quite stressful (thank you Ian!). After we shared out budget and music interests, we were matched with The Frank Simmons Band. Okay, if you do anything right during your wedding planning, HIRE THIS BAND! Holy moly...they were INCREDIBLE!! Every single person I spoke with at the wedding, all they talked about was the band.

Before the wedding, we worked with Morgan who helped us put together our music playlist that night. There's a lot of bands out there that can't play every song you want, but not these guys. They know EVERYTHING. They played everything from Bruce Springsteen, to The Killers, to Scotty Doesn't Know (which was a huge hit, by the way)! Also, they never stopped playing throughout the entire night, not even during dinner!

For anyone that asks me about my wedding day, the first thing I will do is recommend The Frank Simmons Band. YOU GUYS ROCKED THE PARK SAVOY'S ROOF OFF!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you Colette! We're really happy you had a great time and were satisfied with the band! Hope to see you soon!

Tiana · Married on 09/28/2018

This is the one decision you NEED to make for your wedding. Book Marcus Reid! There is no wedding like a Marcus wedding! His energy is on a different level and their range of songs is unreal. Everything from Elvis to drake and Cardi B to Dean Martin to Whitney to the Spice Girls to Avicii. I could go on forever about Marcus. He quite honestly saved our wedding. We had invited 260 guests, but when only 168 showed, I was very nervous about an empty dance floor. However when a band rocks like Marcus, I should have known not to worry. We danced all night and guests are still coming up to be me saying not only that Marcus is the best wedding band they’ve seen, but that they want his information to book him for their own wedding. Do not hesitate, book Marcus!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Sam · Married on 09/22/2018

We had the Marcus Reid Band at our wedding this past weekend. There are no words to describe how amazing the entire band was. From the start their energy was infectious. Everyone at the wedding danced the entire night and every single one of our guests that we spoke to after the wedding said that the band was the best they had ever seen. We agree! Marcus was so easy to work with and we didn't have to worry about a thing. If you want a killer party on your wedding night book Marcus and his band!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Margaret · Married on 09/22/2018

Dane Wright, our bandleader, performed tirelessly, seamlessly and professionally at our daughter, Samantha's wedding to her groom, Hamilton. Dane is so charismatic, professional and fun. He really understood completely the vibe we imagined and he delivered. His very handpicked band performed creatively, nonstop and seamlessly. People who typically sit, did not. Oh, what a night ! ! The bride, groom, and we, recommend Dane and his band, unconditionally. Magical and the best of the best. Thanks to all of you XX

Sent on 09/27/2018

Ali B. · Married on 09/22/2018

Brooklyn Sound

When I went to Hank Lane to book a band for my wedding, Brooklyn Sound was highly recommended! After meeting with the band leader, Jonny Hirsch, I knew I was going to be in good hands. He was so easy to talk to and totally understood the vibe of music that we wanted for our wedding! He listened to everything my husband and I wanted, learned some specific songs that we requested, and totally delivered! Jonny and the other members of the band were out on the dance floor, engaging with our guests, ensuring that everyone was having the time of their lives! Our wedding was truly the best night of our lives and I really do owe it all to Brooklyn Sound. Our friends and family did not get off the dance floor for one minute, and they are still raving to us about how amazing they are! When the night ended, everyone was chanting "ONE MORE SONG!" TRUST ME - book them! They will make your night as unforgettable as mine was! Thank you Jonny!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Arlene · Married on 09/08/2018

Fantastic! We first met with Russ Bennett in his NYC office, and he showed us a video of his band. My fiance and I signed the contract with him on the first day we met him. Then, his office eventually sent us lists of songs for intro, parents' dances, cake cutting, and songs by genre, also. Quite organized. We made sure to send him a do-NOT-play list, as well. Their website was fairly easy to use also. Russ was accommodating with all our last minute preferences/requests through phone and e-mail. He was great to work with. We had a FUN, energetic, and memorable wedding reception. Guests complimented us on our live band. We highly recommend Russ Bennett/Hank Lane Music and Productions!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Joe N. · Married on 09/08/2018

Incredible

BOOK THE JENNA WYNNE BAND! Let me start by saying that the music was by far our number one priority of wedding planning, and the Jenna Wynne Band was better than we could have ever dreamed. They were incredibly energetic & fun, they interacted with the crowd all night long, and all of the musicians & vocalists were so talented. From the day we first met Jenna at Hank Lane, she was so easy to work with and thoughtful in her suggestions. Jenna gave great advice on the band pieces based on the type of music we were going for, and even helped us pick out a first dance song. The band was able to accommodate any special requests, and went out of their way to give us a personalized and unique experience. All of our guests were completely blown away by the band, and so many people have told us it was the best wedding band they had ever experienced – and that’s truly what it was, an experience. Jenna and her team made our special day so memorable, and we are so grateful to have had the privilege to share our special day with the Jenna Wynne Band. Thank you all so much, you are amazing!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Tami · Married on 09/02/2018

Brooklyn Sound & Jonny Hirsch Rocks!!!

We got married over Labor Day and has a wedding with over 400 ppl which means that we needed a band that knew how to rock! Jonny and the Brooklyn Sound we’re incredible. They brought the energy we needed and cane out on the dance floor to keep the crowd energized.
    Everyone who was there gave us lots of compliments on our band.

Dealing with Hank Lane office wasn’t always the best, but they got the job done, and Jonny was always professional, consultative and helpful.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Molly · Married on 09/01/2018

We were lucky enough to book the Marcus Reid Band for our 9/1/18 wedding. Having a high energy amazing band was our top priority and Marcus far exceeded our already high expectations. The dance floor was packed and he played the perfect combination of songs to cater towards everyone and keep everyone on their feet the whole night! His band was amazing and we are beyond thrilled that we were able to have him at our wedding! He made the night and multiple people came up to us to rave about them!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Laura · Married on 09/01/2018

The Jenna Wynne band played at our wedding reception this September 2018. From our first meeting, Jenna was great to work with and she “got” our music tastes. She was professional and made us feel very comfortable. At our wedding reception, the band looked and sounded incredible! Jenna did a great job of reading the crowd and choosing the right songs at the right time. Everyone in the band sounded awesome and their energy was contagious. They did an amazing job of getting people on the dance floor. This was so important to us and the Jenna Wynne band delivered. We had some people who “don’t dance” get blisters from dancing so much! We keep on getting people telling us that they were the best band they’ve ever seen and we agree. We’re so glad we were able to work with Jenna!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Christina · Married on 08/24/2018

Extremely happy, wonderful!

My husband and I were extremely pleased with the musician we had for our ceremony and cocktail hour and our DJ Josh Greyson. Josh played exactly the type of music we spoke of during our many conversations and there weren’t any cheesy announcements! It was exactly what we hoped for. Josh is a super cool guy and was so easy to talk to during the whole process. He made us feel very comfortable and we knew we made the right decision. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Teresa · Married on 08/19/2018

We hired artie stuart band with Hank Lane and we are so glad that we did! Hank Lane had come recommended through our wedding venue and it was pretty easy to narrow down to a specific band when we met with Spencer in Manhattan. We chose a 7 piece band and they were perfect. We had a phone consultation with Artie, the bands leader, prior to the wedding and he understood exactly what we were looking for putting us at ease in our planning process. What our band delivered was even better than we could have hoped! Everyone was dancing from the moment the reception started to the end. To our surprise and great pleasure, they played throughout the night without a break which helped keep the celebration going. I would recommend going through Hank Lane to find your band!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Miles · Married on 08/18/2018

We booked Reggie Woods and the Soul Street Band through Hank Lane, and they were absolutely phenomenal. We've been to so many weddings over the past few years and knew that the band makes or breaks the party. We wanted a band that could perform a wide range of music, from classic rock to Motown to hip hop to nineties hits to top 40, and Reggie and the band delivered. Our guests were up and dancing for the entire night. Prior to the wedding we met with Reggie and Lynette to go over the music game plan in detail, and they executed the plan we discussed with them perfectly. We've received numerous compliments from our guests including several who have told us they were the best wedding band they have ever heard. Needless to say, we highly recommend Reggie Woods and Hank Lane to anyone looking for a band that can cover all genres and will have guests dancing all night long.

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2018

Book dane wright & don't hesitate!

Let me preface this review by saying that I'm a very picky bride and I have super high expectations having worked in the event industry. Plus my group of friends has a bit of a "competition" between us to have the best wedding with the best band. Let me tell you - I WON with Dane Wright Band. They were worth every penny. I always knew I wanted a Hank Lane band, after attending multiple weddings with their bands, and was hoping for my favorite, Bobby Attiko, the goldenchild of Hank Lane, but when I found out their $30K price tag, I asked who would be comparable but at half the price. I am SO glad we found Dane Wright Band and they turned out to be even better than Bobby Attiko. Honestly, months later, friends and family of all ages are still complimenting us on our wedding band. They brought the energy and kept it the whole time. If you want a band that will keep your dance floor filled from start to finish, this is them. Plus they were able to integrate some awesome stuff in to personalize it for us - some nontradtitional JAY Z and KANYE, plus an electric violinist with a lightup violin to play AVICII. They even played not one but TWO encores at the end of the night because no one wanted it to be over... and neither did they. Most importantly, leading up to the big day, Dane the band leader was incredible to work with. Super friendly, and he totally got our vision, listened to us and gave us advice. He was such a pleasure to work with. I would recommend Dane and his band without an ounce of hesitation.

Sent on 12/22/2018