Hank Lane Music Reviews

651 | New York, NY

651 Reviews for Hank Lane Music

Sharon S. · Married on 05/11/2019

Couldn't ask for anything more

Now, two weeks post wedding, I think back on our wonderful celebration and can report that the most comments I’ve received from my guests are compliments on our band, the Steve Delisi Band, part of Hank Lane Productions. I wish I could share with you the wedding video. Not only would you hear the perfection of the voices and enthusiasm of the band members, you would also see a packed dance floor and a leader who read the crowd perfectly, gearing the evenings’ selections to the entire crowd. We wanted a great celebratory party, and that’s what we got thanks to Steve and his talented band members.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you very much Sharon! We're incredibly happy to have found the right band for you and glad you got a video of the special moment!

Marcy · Married on 05/11/2019

Best dance party ever

We used the Artie Stuart Band for our wedding and they are incredible!! We were beyond impressed with Artie, the leader, and the rest of the band. I cannot even express how happy we are that we went with Artie Stuart for our wedding. Artie worked with us to perfect our timeline and song preferences and then followed them perfectly while adding his own personality. It’s so impressive how Artie has the ability to read the room to 100% BRING the party most of the night but also slow it down when people needed a break. Our goal leading up to the wedding was to have a dance party all night and he made that a reality! SO many of our guests made comments about how they had never been to another wedding where the dance floor was so packed the entire night. Our guests also let us know that he played a lot of Disney music pre-ceremony, which I love! But the funny thing is that was probably the one piece of the day that I didn't give a lot of direction, yet from talking to us briefly he was able to proactively pick songs that matched our personality and interests. I think he even performed our first dance song, Loving your Easy, better than Zac Brown Band does. He added a bit of energy to it which elevated our first dance and made it so much fun. We worked with Spencer at Hank Lane and from the moment we met, Spencer knew Artie was the one for us and he was right! It's impressive how well he knows his bands and how easily he is able to learn and connect with clients to ensure a good fit. Whatever Artie charges, it’s worth if for your wedding! You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 05/10/2019

Jenna Wynne Band - Absolutely Amazing!!

Jenna Wynne Band MADE our wedding!

Our guests have not stopped talking about them and how unbelievably amazing they were! Multiple guests have reached out to me to ask the name of the band or to tell me how much fun they had because of Jenna Wynne Band.

Jenna and all the lead singers voices are absolutely incredible. Even during my first dance I was whispering to my husband how amazing Jenna sounded. The energy they brought is truly like no other! We had a set list for Jenna but were flexible to whatever it was they decided to play which was perfect because they were able to read the crowd perfectly.

We decided to add an extra female vocalist and it was the best decision we made. People were giving standing ovations to her singing Whitney Houston! I can't explain how amazing they all were and how people could not stop dancing!

I HIGHLY recommend using Hank Lane Music for your wedding and especially Jenna Wynne Band!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Hi Erin! Your review means so much to us! We're really happy that the Jenna Wynne band added the cherry to your wedding.

Shaivi S. · Married on 04/28/2019

Life of the party!!

Hank Lane was the 2nd vendor we booked more than a year before our wedding. We worked with Eric during the sales process- he was so professional, patient and kind! We chose Marcus Reid as our band and we are so so happy we made that choice!! Marcus and his band were AMAZING!!!! They were the #1 talked about at our reception, the guests were going crazy, Marcus was so high energy and no one wanted the night to end. I don't have enough to say about him and his band!! Cant wait till my sis gets married so we can hire him again :)

Sent on 05/06/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you so much Shaivi! We had a great time working with you and we hope to see you again for your sister's wedding!

Rachel · Married on 04/26/2019

Marcus reid band made our wedding!

Three words: MARCUS REID BAND. I'll say it again: MARCUS REID BAND.

My husband and I got married a few weeks ago and Marcus and his crew KILLED IT. They absolutely MADE our wedding.

In March 2018, my husband and I signed the contract for Marcus Reid Band to play at our wedding on 4/26/19. When we signed, we were told by the Hank Lane rep to try to start putting together a "play list" of songs that we wanted the band to play (as well as a "do not play" list). Well, despite our good intentions, my husband and I never did this, and I was so nervous that Marcus wouldn't know what to play at the wedding, or play songs that didn't really jive with what we were looking for.

Boy was I wrong.

I spoke with Marcus for the first time a week or two before our wedding. I told him that my husband and I were looking for a mix of top hits, early 2000s, 90's, maybe a classic rock song here or there. Without having to say anything else, Marcus was like "I got you, don't worry, I will take it all from here, we are going to kill it" and man, he sure delivered on this promise. EVERYONE at the wedding could not stop raving about the band the entire night, and every song that Marcus's team played was like he was reading my mind. Every song that came on everyone was like "omg I love this song!"

Marcus (and everyone else in his band) is SO fun and high energy, that you can't help but have the best time ever. People from our families who literally never dance at weddings were on the dance floor all night. It was amazing. My dad in particular is hard to impress and he was practically in shock at how spectacular Marcus and his crew were. He's told me numerous times since the wedding that he "still can't get over that band! They were something!!"

Also, Marcus totally nailed our first dance song with his own rendition of "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk, which we asked Marcus to sing instead of a female vocalist. He totally killed it. We were so so happy.

Basically, Marcus is perfect and his band is second to none. If you want to dance and party at your wedding (who doesn't?) Marcus is your guy. He just has that indescribable "thing" about him that makes him so special and unforgettable (not to mention he is also the sweetest, most humble person ever). I could go on for days about how awesome he and his band are. Thank you, thank you, thank you Marcus for everything. You made our wedding and we are forever grateful!!

Love,
    Rachel & Joe

Sent on 05/17/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you very much for the review Rachel and Joe! We're so glad that the band went above and beyond expectations.
  • W

Warren · Married on 04/13/2019

Ignition & Hank Lane - Amazing!

Met with Spencer - told him the type of music we liked and immediately he said IGNITION is the band for you.. but being skeptics, we searched thru several other HL bands, as well as several other agencies and independent bands.. but in the end he was right.. we went with Ignition and couldn't have been happier.

We were skeptical because we couldn't find many reviews but our call with Devin (band leader) and Brian (mgr) leading up to the event put us at ease and we got so many compliments after the wedding about the band. We had a feeling the band would be a hit but we could not have imagined how many people complimented the band. My cousin who is getting married next year has already asked me for their contact info to try and book them for her wedding.

Really, their talent & song choices got everyone on the dance floor and their enthusiasm was amazing. They were able to play to the crowd and even got in the songs we really wanted. They learned a new song for our first dance and it really sounded better than the original. We can't thank HL enough for an amazing night, y'all brought the party!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Warren,

Thank you so much for this terrific review. We really appreciate the positive feedback. We hope this in some way will give confidence to future brides and grooms to book this fabulous band!

All the best!

Hank Lane Music
  • Sharmin

Sharmin K. · Married on 04/08/2019

Harmony is an amazing band!

We booked Harmony (one of Hank Lane's bands) to play at our wedding last year and they were AMAZING. Great energy, amazing musicians and they just looked really awesome. They had really great range- we had them play a Hora/Jewish dance set, Motown, hits from the 90s and also current hits and they were amazing at everything. People danced SO MUCH at our wedding, and I definitely credit Harmony with that. Gabby, the female lead singer, did amazing renditions of Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Shania Twain etc, and also was incredibly glamorous in a sparkly gown and she came and sang and danced on the dance floor! The band also has a delightful pair of twins who do super fun rock vocals, a vocalist who is an excellent rapper, and, crucially, great horns. A live band was definitely one of our pricier vendors, but I'd say the band was SUPER worth it and all the band members were all really lovely people. If you want a big dance party, hire a live band- there's really nothing better. And if you want a band with lovely people and a range from that includes jazz, rock, motown, r&b, pop and basically all other fun music, I highly recommend Harmony!!!!

Sent on 05/20/2020

Marci · Married on 04/06/2019

Russ Bennett and his band were amazing at our wedding!

Russ Bennett and his band were amazing!! Our wedding was everything we had hoped it would be--and more--and that in no small part is due to their efforts. From coordinating pre-wedding to the wedding itself, they all ensured that everything went smoothly and was stress-free, so we were really able to enjoy ourselves and not worry. All of the songs--especially those for our processional/recessional and special dances--were played perfectly and just how we had envisioned them. They made sure all of our requests and needs were taken care of, and most importantly, did a great job reading the crowd and playing music to keep everyone on the dance floor.

We cannot tell you how many people came up to us during the wedding or have told us over the past few days how "the band was the best wedding band they've ever seen" or how they "never danced so much at a wedding before." We think the best compliment may have come from the groom’s dad, though, who said "The band was phenomenal. I think I danced more during this wedding than I did in every other wedding I've ever been to combined!"

Thank you again!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you Marci! We're happy that everyone left the wedding happy and tired from dancing. We hope to see you again soon!

Hank Lane Music
  • Jeanine

Jeanine · Married on 04/06/2019

Wonderful Musicians

Married 4/6/19. We hired several musicians for the entire wedding day (Ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) and all of them were nothing short of flawless. We wanted someone to play the organ for our ceremony and they did an absolutely wonderful job, as did all of the other musicians throughout the day (upright bass, cajon, sax, drums). We will always be absolutely grateful. If you haven’t done so already, Please hire Hank Lane for your weddings (especially if you’re at Bourne- they did a wonderful job with the acoustics in that grand ballroom).

Sent on 05/12/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Hi Jeanine! We were happy to help you with your wedding music at the Bourne! Thanks so much for the review!
  • Jill

Jill L. · Married on 03/16/2019

Kevin Osborne brought the house down!

My family and I are all huge music lovers, so choosing a wedding band was one of the most important decisions we made during the planning process. We were so impressed with the energy and musicianship of all the Hank Lane Bands we watched, but ultimately chose Kevin Osborne after being blown away by his video package. We knew he was going to be great, but never could have predicted just how amazing the band would be! We met with Kevin about a month and a half before our wedding to discuss song selections and our musical taste, and he immediately just got us. We wanted a mix of everything, but also wanted to have some unexpected selections that you don't typically hear at a wedding. And boy, did Kevin deliver! Our wedding set list included a mix of many different genres: rock, rap, pop, soul and decades: 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's all the way through the most current music. In fact, they even played a Jonas Brothers song that was released last week! You don't get more current than that! Kevin remembered that I'd played Britney Spears in an Off-Broadway show and made sure to throw in one of her songs! They really read the room and brought the energy! A highlight for me was singing Bruce Springsteen with my dad and the band. I really cannot say enough about the talent and energy Kevin and his band brought. I believe music can make or break your party, and Kevin, without question, made ours!!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Jill! We're really happy that Kevin Osborne made your special day even more perfect!

Allison L. · Married on 03/16/2019

Marcus Reid Band is the best!

The best! Marcus Reid and his band were absolutely amazing. Marcus was so fun to work with right from the start. He knew how to read the room and make sure everyone had the best time. He was always available when we needed him, had great advise, brought all the positive energy, and has unparalleled talent. Thank you Marcus Reid Band for bringing our wedding to the next level!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Liz · Married on 03/12/2019

We couldn't have asked for a more amazing and thoughtful band!

Karen and the entire band were unbelievable. They were extremely thorough and thoughtful when it came to making our wedding special and personalized. They were top-notch performers with amazing energy, a versatile repertoire and ability to skillfully reading the room. Karen was a fabulous MC who was kind, creative and extremely easy to work with. Guests of all ages were dancing the night away and couldn't stop commenting on how much they loved the band. It was the best dance party of my life!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Marissa · Married on 03/09/2019

Artie Stewart Band

I cannot even begin to describe how much of a pleasure it was working with the Artie Stewart band. I was incredibly nervous hiring a band based off a music video, but they sounded great on it which is why we initially went with them. Boy, was I glad we did.

I had multiple phone calls with Artie where he helped narrow down songs that worked with the list of "do" and "don't" play. He helped pick out recessional/processional songs that blended with the song I wanted to walk down the aisle to. He helped suggest songs based on the vibe I described to him we were going for. Just SO helpful.

Day of, everything was PERFECT. While my friends are more drinkers than dancers, everyone was dancing and singing with the band all night. The range of music was wild and so were their voices and skills. No matter where I was (at the bar or walking around to the tables as brides have to do), I was singing along with them. The highlight of the night was when they started playing "Hey Jude" as the last song. I didn't specifically request this song, but based off all of our conversations Artie knew we loved The Beatles. They played this song easily for 10 minutes while all the guests huddles on the dance floor and sang together. I cannot express how amazing this was - it was top 5 moments of my wedding.

I can go on and on about this and how amazing the Artie Stewart band was. They helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect. Everyone I spoke to about the wedding was raving about how amazing the band was. THEY REALLY REALLY WERE!!

THANK YOU ARTIE!!

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Steve

Steve B. · Married on 02/23/2019

10 thumbs up

Woah. Cannot even BEGIN to describe how amazing Karen and the Karen Lloyd band was at our wedding. From the moment we met Ian at Hank Lane, we knew it was a slam dunk. The wedding was beyond a dream come true for us, and we owe it to Hank Lane. We met Karen a few weeks before the wedding and let her know that we wanted to PARTY...and not for one second did she let us down. She and the band rocked it from start to finish – singing, dancing, and keeping the energy alive…the entire night. We were nervous before we met her, because we though it would be hard to convey how much of a "party party" we dreamt of. We explained to Karen that if we COULD host a wedding without tables or food, we would, just to keep the dance floor packed all night long. And they nailed it. Beyond our wildest imagination. Our guests STILL rave about our band, the music, the energy, and the fun they had that night. It was truly unforgettable, and with Karen Lloyd at the helm of the entertainment, we could not be happier. Nothing but the best and most glowing reviews for Karen Lloyd if you’re looking for a personalized, upbeat vibe, and the most fun you’ll have on a dance floor. Ever.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Julia · Married on 12/31/2018

Marcus Reid Band

The Marcus Reid Band gave an absolutely amazing performance at our New Year's Eve wedding. They completely crushed it. So many of our guests were raving about how fabulous they were. They read the crowd perfectly and kept people dancing all night long-- it was a total blast. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Dani · Married on 12/31/2018

Billy Stone Band!

We used Hank Lane & Billy Stone Band for our NYE wedding - and our guests (and us) cannot stop talking about how amazing the band was! From the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, Billy Stone Band was perfect. Morgan made the process leading up to the wedding a seamless one. She guided us in the right direction, gave recommendations and suggestions when we were unsure and made us feel at ease when planning the music, which was the most important part of our wedding for us! Billy Stone Band played all our must haves and a variety of music for the entire crowd throughout the night. They chose the perfect set list for our wedding and even performed a few dance numbers that got the crowd to join! They engaged with my groom and I throughout the night - dancing with us, surrounding our family and friends around us, and felt like we were at a concert at our own wedding! We could not thank Hank Lane and Billy Stone Band enough - they made our night incredible - and we are so happy we chose them! They absolutely exceeded all our expectations!!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Karen B. · Married on 12/29/2018

Winter Wonderland Wedding at the Plaza Hotel

Brooklyn Sound and Jonny Hirsch were incredible. Our Wedding was December 29, 2018 at the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan, New York. We are still receiving texts and calls 6 weeks later telling us how fantastic the band was as well as the best band they ever heard at a wedding. Their energy and showmanship put everyone young and old on the dance floor all night long. They connected and engaged our guests in an unbelievable night of fun and movement. Many of our guests are serious athletes and they met their match with Brooklyn Sound. Brooklyn Sound accommodated the Groom with his request for a true Panamanian style and beat when they played Spanish music. They created a great sound and our Panamanian guests went wild. All of Brooklyn Sound's music selections were phenomenal. They are an extremely talented band with unbelievable excellence in their craft. We were fortunate to have this "Band Extraordinaire" play at our wedding and make this "Magical and Spectacular" event one that we will never forget. THANK YOU Jonny Hirsch and Brooklyn Sound!!!!!!!!!!!!! Karen and John (Mother of the Bride and Father of the Bride)

Sent on 02/09/2019
  • Roberta

Roberta · Married on 12/02/2018

Frank Simmons Band All The Way!

We specifically hired the Frank Simmons Band for my daughter's wedding on December 2, 2018 and our guests were blown away by the talent of this band! The dance floor was constantly crowded with dancers and band members even mixed with the guests on the dance floor, as they played the saxophone, electric guitar and singers as well. People are still talking about how truly amazing the music was all night long! If you want a band that will bring down the house - this is your band!!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Joshua C. · Married on 12/02/2018

I just want to thank all of her musicians for making our wedding one to remember. Clara Jordan and her entire band were extremely professional and friendly the entire time and were extremely talented. There wasn't a single song that wasn't perfect; The Horah and their setlist kept the floor alive all night and their selections during our meals were perfect. I even got to talk to their saxophone player about his setup and we were able to perform Africa flawlessly with minimal rehearsal time. I can not recommend the Clara Jordan Band or Hank Lane enough!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Cindy · Married on 11/30/2018

Marcus reid band - a must have for your wedding

MARCUS REID BAND is honestly the BEST band ever!!! Our wedding was a few days day ago and our guests are still talking about them! Marcus was so amazing to work with. He promised the best “concert” of our life. He did not disappoint!! If you closed your eyes, you really thought it was your favorite artist singing. Any song, they can do it! I cannot say enough great things about them. Run to book them!!!! Seriousy, run!Read Less

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/24/2018

They made the party!

We went through Hank Lane and had the Russ Bennet Band as the music and entertainment for our wedding reception at the Moorestown Community House. Everything from the first meeting, to picking out songs to keeping my friends and family on the dance floor all night long... was perfect. The singers would come out into the crowd and dance with our family! They played everything from 50s to current! They were so talented and really had something to offer everyone at our reception from the youngest to oldest. Everyone thought they did an amazing job. I really cannot image our special day without this incredible band. Having live music at our wedding was something that was really important to me and they exceeded all of my expectations.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Victoria · Married on 11/21/2018

Why you NEED the Jenna Wynne Band!!

Okay, our wedding priority list was #1 entertainment, #2 food/drinks and we took our entertainment very seriously. My husband and I knew all along that we wanted a band but also wanted a modern, pop feel as well. It can be really scary choosing your band but as soon as we heard Jenna Wynne we knew they would be perfect and WOW, did they deliver! Jenna and Denzel were so lively, SO fun and did an awesome job getting everyone up and keeping them on the dance floor. We had a wedding of about 225 people (guests ranging in age from 6 yo to my 100 yo Grandmother) and EVERYBODY was up on their feet!! We had a DJ take over the last half hour to carry us into the after party and Jenna, Denzel and the rest of the band finished out the night with us on the dance floor! We received our photos this week and looking back you can just see the genuine happiness that they felt being a part of the day and that made us feel so special. They truly became part of the family after only a few short hours. Worth every penny and then some! If you're debating the full band, do it! Skimp on the centerpieces! If your guests are eating, drinking and dancing they won't even notice! :)

Sent on 02/05/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Jenna's band loved playing at your wedding. She's definitely smiling now :-D

Erin · Married on 11/10/2018

Excellent, energetic band

I used Brooklyn Sound for my wedding this past weekend and they were absolutely fabulous. From start to finish, the band was high energy and played a perfect variety of music which impressed all of my guests. Everyone was complimenting me on the music and the talent of the band members. Perhaps even more importantly, the band had clearly listened to my preferences and executed my vision for the tone of the wedding. I could not have been happier!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Mitch

Mitch · Married on 11/10/2018

Loved the Russell Bennett Band

We booked the Russell Bennett Band for our wedding and could not have been happier. We set up a meeting with Hank Lane and by chance our meeting was with Russ. We knew we liked him right away and signed a contract that night.

They were great. We had a couple conversations beforehand about what genres of music we like, what songs were must-plays and what songs were don’t-plays.

Russ worked with us to pick the right instruments for our ceremony and for the cocktail hour. We wanted a pretty obscure song for our recessional, sent him a YouTube link, and they learned it for us.

We got so many compliments on how much fun the party was and what a great job they did. It was high-energy, with lots of dancing, exactly the vibe we were going for. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Kerrin R. · Married on 11/10/2018

Incredible

BOOK NOW! WOW WOW WOW. Nocturne made our wedding ROCK. My husband and I were torn between whether to book a band or a DJ. We were unsure if a band could play all of the songs we wanted. We met with Allie at Hank Lane who showed us a video of Nocturne performing and we were blown away. We knew this would be the “it” factor for our wedding. Well let us tell you, they were that and so much more. Frank from Nocturne took the time to speak with us on the phone before the wedding to find out all of our music suggestions and he offered great advice on areas we were unsure. We felt so confident that he would make our wedding incredible. The day of the wedding when we met Frank we felt like we met a lifelong friend. Frank and the rest of the band were so friendly and personable. From the minute we heard them play live we were stunned. They sounded AMAZING. The dance floor was packed the entire night of the wedding. They played everything from Zac Brown Band to Chicago to Walk the Moon to Nelly. The way they mashed songs kept the dance floor packed the entire night. My husband and I only sat down during the toasts because we could not stay off the dance floor. Whenever we run into family and friends after our wedding the first thing they always say is wow your band was amazing. We hope to hear they perform again because they are so talented. Booking Nocturne absolutely made our wedding UNFORGETTABLE.

Sent on 03/22/2019