Hank Lane Music Reviews

651 | New York, NY

651 Reviews for Hank Lane Music

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2019

Frank simmons by hank lane made our party!~!

We walked into the Hank Lane office in NYC with NO idea what to expect. We were so nervous about finding the most killer band and had no expectations for what we would find there. What we found in our first meeting with this entertainment company was a plethora of amazing musicians and top notch performers who were KILLING the wedding game.

We landed on Frank Simmons and I am SO happy we did. Frank and his group are truly some of the best performers I have ever seen at a wedding!!! Every single person in attendance was floored at their epic performances all night.

They NEVER let the music stop. They get the people dancing, dance with the crowd, take cues from the audiences and are literally some of the most amazing singers out there.

I was SO excited to have them slay our wedding, and SLAY they did.

Thank you Hank Lane + Frank Simmons. I wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Elizabeth K. · Married on 08/05/2019

Jenna Wynne Band was AMAZING!

Jenna Wynne Band was AMAZING. We kicked off the night with a packed dance floor... and ended the night with everyone chanting "one more song"! The highlight for me - was "Shout" - b/c the entire group was on the ground when we got 'softer now' :) SO SO fun. Got compliments all night from guests. Lots of top 40, which is exactly what we asked for! Especially love how she and her male vocalist came onto the dance floor with us to sing and dance with the group. Also, I requested a song to Jenna mid-set and it was the very next song they performed! Simply put, her band made the night!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you for your great review. We loved working with you and being apart of your May Wedding at the Central Park Boathouse!

Brooke · Married on 08/03/2019

The best wedding band ever

We had the Karen Lloyd Band of Hank Lane play at our wedding on July 27th, 2019 and they are 10/10 amazing, so fun, would recommend to anyone who is willing to spend a bit more on their wedding band!! They were great to work with from the beginning- quick to email, scheduled FaceTime meetings on our schedules. On the day they did our ceremony music and sound and were willing to play our exact choices. They also were playing continuously through the entire reception. They were flexible to our needs and so excited and upbeat when planning. Karen crushed it being our MC and did a beautiful job introducing all our speakers. Everyone said they had so much fun dancing with the band- they played all our requests and kept the party going all night!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Alison · Married on 07/27/2019

Jeff lubin band - the most premium band of them all

I had my wedding reception in July 2019 at the Loeb Central Park Boathouse. The venue, décor, and food were all premium….but it was Jeff Lubin and his band that made the night incredible. Jeff met with us beforehand (the meeting lasted hours, simply because we were having so much fun), and then he reached out multiple times before the wedding to touch base and answer any questions.

I needed a wedding band to perfectly execute songs from a wide range of music genres; i.e. classic rock songs (both for me, and my music obsessed father), Frank Sinatra ballads (because who’s better than Sinatra?), and most importantly, a whole lot of pop songs to get the crowd dancing. Well, I kid you not, we almost sunk the Boathouse’s dance floor into the lake. And then, after we almost sunk the dance floor into the lake, I think I saw a few tears from the geriatrics in the crowd (ok, and me too), when Jeff morphed into Robert Plant and sang Led Zeppelin’s “Over the Hills and Far Away”.

It’s now October, and I still have wedding guests raving to me about this band. Jeff Lubin is incredible, and his band can do it all. You won’t regret booking them.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley A. · Married on 07/14/2019

Best Band Ever!

The Dylan Matthews Band was the BEST! They kept our guests on the dance floor all night long, played our requests, and kept everyone having a great time!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Pauline · Married on 07/13/2019

Jeff Lubin band from Hank Lane - the best!

We used Jeff Lubin from Hank Lane and we could not have been happier with the choice. Jeff was wonderful to work with - taking the time ahead of our wedding to understand our music taste, what vibe we were looking for - and the result was spectacular. Everyone danced the whole night, and it was so much fun! Could not recommend Hank Lane and Jeff Lubin enough!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Laura · Married on 06/29/2019

Ignition Band is the BEST!

We had Ignition from Hank Lane play at our wedding. So many of our guests still can't stop raving about them. They played a wide range of music and kept the party going the entire night. We can't stop watching videos of them playing!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you Laura for the review! We're happy you had a great night and that Ignition was a perfect fit for you two!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2019

BEST wedding band EVER!!!

We are so in love with our wedding band, Pete Saunders Band from Hank Lane Music. Working with Hank Lane was a great process. They showed us video clips of different bands based on the vibe/music we said we wanted, so we could choose the one that best fit. We fell in love with Pete Saunders Band from the video and spent the whole year like excited fans awaiting to have them at our wedding. They truly did not disappoint. In the lead-up to the wedding there was a lovely liason helping us prepare, pick our song selections and requests. We are pretty picky about music and even gave them a little "Do Not Play" list which they completely honored. We wanted recorded music for the ceremony (though you can choose to have live as well) and they handled that to make it come out perfect. Then, you get a musician during cocktail hour, and their wonderful keyboardist played our genre choice of old standards, Cole Porter, and Gershwin to create a Gatsby-like feel. Then the reception in the tent was absolutely off the hook. They have the most amazing sound and played tons of our favorite songs from the 60s-2000s. They can do contemporary stuff as well, but my husband and I are more into oldies, which they totally honored. The dance floor was going crazy all night, everyone of all different generations was dancing non-stop, we did not want the night to end :))) The band was not just talented but extremely charismatic and knew how to keep the party going and high energy. Band leader Pete was also a really classy MC, introducing us and the toasts in a very elegant fashion. There was one moment when I ran into him on his brief dinner break while other musicians were holding it down with the quieter music we'd requested during dinner. I mentioned that I am a huge Dave Matthews fan, and I felt as excited as if Dave were playing my wedding. When Pete took the stage again, he played Crash Into Me! It was the sweetest. I cannot recommend Hank Lane Music and Pete Saunders Band in particular highly enough. My memories on that dance floor are the happiest of my whole wedding. So many people told us it was the best wedding band they ever heard. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/29/2019

Best.Band.Ever.

Choosing a Hank Lane band for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. A year prior to our wedding date, we went to the Hank Lane NYC offices where we met with a rep who spoke with us about the music we liked to listen to and the overall vibe we were looking for. After an hour of reviewing videos, we ended up selecting the Russ Bennett band - and we are so happy we did! Russ is extremely talented and professional. The band did not stop playing once during our 4 hour reception - they hit all of the "must play" songs from our list and stayed away from the ones we hated. The band interacted with the crowd the entire night and made sure the dance floor was NEVER empty. Russ also ran every change by us ahead of time and checked in at several points in the night to make sure both my husband and I were happy. Cannot wait to see them play again soon!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Joshua · Married on 06/22/2019

Best Band for the Best Night Ever

My wife and I got married at the end of June and we were fortunate to have the Marcus Reid band perform at our wedding. The energy and talent of the band is indescribable. Marcus and his band had us and our guests on our feet the entire night; dancing, jumping, and honestly, having the time of our lives. For the past few weeks, we continue to have guests comment on how amazing the band was and what an incredible night it made for. We spent the entire night on the dance floor with an unforgettable finale spent on stage with the band. The band was beyond incredible and we would HIGHLY recommend if you want an epic party.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing experience

I have used Hank Lane's Jeff Lubin's band for both our daughters' weddings, even bringing them to Rhode Island. With a diverse range between alternative and motown music selections, the band creates an incredible party with their music, encouraging dancing and providing lively entertainment. Jeff, specifically, is wonderful to work with and I look forward to planning another social event, just to work with him again!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Hello there Diana! We're really glad you liked Jeff and his band! We all hope to see you again soon!

L Black · Married on 06/15/2019

Exceptional experience with BK Sound

We hired Brooklyn Sound for our wedding rehearsal and cannot recommend them highly enough. Not only was Jonny an absolute pleasure to work with, the performance that they put on for our wedding was absolutely spectacular. Our guests were absolutely blown away by the production value, talent and energy that BK Sound brought to the room. They were truly the heartbeat of the party! Absolutely spectacular.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Gina · Married on 06/15/2019

The Frank Simmons Band!!

After hearing RAVING reviews about the Frank Simmons Band from close family and friends, we knew we had to check them out. We were blown away by how talented the band was and the different range of music they were able to perform at ease! Our guests are still talking about how great the music was and how much fun the band was up on stage. The energy was going the entire night and we are so thrilled to have gone with them for our wedding day! We could only hope we see them again in the future at another wedding to enjoy their music some more! :)

Sent on 11/25/2019

Neil F. · Married on 06/08/2019

Marcus Reid Band

Omg!! There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how fantastic Marcus and his band are. The dance floor was never empty, the atmosphere was electric, Marcus and his singers were out of this world. If you want to have an affair that you and your guests will never forget, run don’t walk and book them today!! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Hi Neil! Glad you loved Marcus and his band as much as we do. Thanks for leaving the review! See you soon
  • Helen

Helen M. · Married on 06/08/2019

Chandler and The Liberty Rocked The House

From the very beginning Hank Lane Music was professional, attentive, and responsive. I wanted to surprise my husband with an extra piece and Stephanie made it so easy to update our contract. The Liberty Band was everything we could've imagined and more! Chandler was so personable and every band member was out in the crowd. Our friends could not stop talking about how they made the party. I (the bride) even made the most ridiculous song request at the end of the night and they sang an acoustic version!!! They were hands down AMAZING. 10/10 would recommend again and again!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 06/08/2019

Brooklyn Sound is the BEST!

Brooklyn Sound was the BEST! The bandleader Jonny Hirsch was so amazing to work with and captured the vibe we were going for perfectly. They played everything, from Juice by Lizzo to Wagon Wheel and had our dance floor packed all night! They even made our first dance song sound better than the album track! My now husband is a big Green Day fan and forgot to mention that in our meeting with Jonny, but he emailed him three days out from the wedding and Jonny was able to put a medley together no problem! Our guests are still raving to us about Brooklyn Sound six weeks later and all of them have said they were the best wedding band they’ve ever seen. We had four singers and they were all incredible – all of them at one point or another jumped onto the dance floor to sing and interact with our guests which really kicked the party up a notch. Jonny was even so gracious as to let my father-in-law sing and play keyboard for our cake cutting song! Your reception is in excellent hands with Jonny and Brooklyn Sound – they really made the night an absolute blast for me and my husband and all of our guests. We can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Cara · Married on 06/08/2019

Montauk wedding

The Jeff Lubin band was such a wonderful addition to our special day. Our guests raved about the the music and they everyone was up and dancing to almost every song. Jeff was so helpful throughout the process. He even learned our wedding song and played it beautifully. No regrets with this band! Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Kseniya M. · Married on 06/02/2019

Fantastic Band

We want to thank Russ and his band for an amazing experience at our wedding on June 2, 2019. They are dedicated professionals, who love what they do and exceeded all our expectations.
    Russ was easy to work with from the start when we booked him for our wedding. He communicated well and made sure we could discuss the music we wanted for the ceremony, the cocktail hour and the reception. The band sounded great, they were elegant and sophisticated when guests first arrived and later transitioned to more lively, fun music. They had a good range of styles and repertoire. We keep getting compliments about the band! We would strongly recommend Russ Bennett Band at Hank Lane music to anyone who wants to have an amazing wedding. Truly a fantastic experience and wonderful memories that we will cherish forever. Thank you again for everything from the bottom of our hearts!
    Kindest regards,
    Kseniya and Corey

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/01/2019

The Dane Wright Band Is the Reason Why Our Wedding Was Fantastic!

Dane Wright and his band are the reason why our wedding was so memorable - no one would get off the dance floor! Dane was just incredible to work with. He listened to our ideas, made us feel confident in our song choices, and his playlist the day of the wedding was unreal. It was everything we could have wanted and more. It wasn’t those cheesy wedding songs but a mix of everything we wanted ranging from the 50s - present day. Dane was at each of my siblings’ weddings because we knew if he was there, it would be an unforgettable evening. If you want to entertain your guests while not having to worry about a thing, hire the Dane Wright Band - it will be the best decision you make!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Hi Kayla! Thank you very much for the kind review! We're so happy that the Dane Wright band has been a good fit for everyone in the family! Hope to see you soon!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie H. · Married on 06/01/2019

Bring your dancing shoes!

Hank Lane and The Billy Stone Band were absolutely incredible throughout the entire planning process, and on our wedding day. From our first meeting, we knew they would be an amazing addition to our day. We met at their New York studio/ office to review all the different bands that Hank Lane represents - after discussing our musical preferences and watching a few demos, we decided on Billy Stone and we are so glad that we did. We were able to submit a list of "must play" and "must NOT play" songs, and based off that, they were able to craft and incredible set list. They read the crowd so well (guests at our wedding ranges from ages 8 to 90+, so no easy feat!), and every song they performed was a hit.

They are not only amazingly talented musicians - they are incredibly entertaining performers. They were so engaged with us and our guests throughout the night, and I don't think the dance floor was ever empty. Their energy was contagious. Months after our wedding, our friends and family can't stop telling us how amazing the band was.

Sent on 10/05/2019

Chloe · Married on 05/26/2019

Don’t think twice, hire the Jenna Wynne band!

We can’t thank the Jenna Wynne band enough for being part of our wedding! The biggest debate of our wedding process was band versus DJ. Personally, I was pro DJ and my husband was pro band- it came down to a difference of cultures and worrying about how to incorporate my Israeli background with his russian background. Before we even got engaged, I came across a video on Hank Lane’s Instagram of Jenna singing “Hold my Hand” and saved it in case I lost the band versus DJ debate. Fast forward to today, and hiring the Jenna Wynne band was by far the best decision we made for our wedding. From our first meeting, Jenna got to know us as individuals and as a couple, and made the entire process as easy as can be, despite our needing to incorporate American, Latin, Israeli, and Russian music. After our first meeting I turned to my husband and said “I can tell that they’re going to be one of the best parts of this process.” I was right. My parents who were against a band came out of our wedding saying “that was the best band ever!” And “wow did you see how packed the dance floor was at all times?” Our guests can’t stop raving about how much fun they had and how talented our band was. So thank you Jenna and the Jenna Wynne band, our wedding would have been nothing without you! If you’re considering the Jenna Wynne band, don’t hesitate for another second- they are the absolute best (and remember, this is coming from someone who wanted a DJ :-) )

Sent on 05/31/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Hi Chloe, thanks for the review! We're really happy that the Jenna Wynne band was a good fit for everyone there!
  • Brandon

Brandon B. · Married on 05/26/2019

Professionals

Brooklyn sound was a fantastic choice for our wedding! Pros from planning through the last song. Great experience!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Maddy

Maddy R. · Married on 05/24/2019

Fantastic!

Russ is amazing! The band had everyone up and on the dance floor from the first song right until the end of the night. He kept checking in to make sure everything was going well, and even checked in on my sick mother!

The company was also able to completely take care of our wedding favors (travel coffee mugs with our wedding logo on them) AND the photo booth. Can not recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you so much Maddy! We loved being a part of your special day and hope we get to see you again soon!
  • Sarah

Sarah R. · Married on 05/18/2019

Jeff Lubin's band at Hank Lane ROCKED our wedding!

Jeff Lubin's band at Hank Lane was a dream wedding band for us! We wanted to cater to traditional wedding pop but also include alternative rock and 90s music. They made it happen and more! During our phone meeting with Jeff a few weeks before the wedding, we could tell how serious he was about creating a customized experience for us and getting it right. The flow of the night was seamless and everyone danced until the last second. The band learned a few special rock songs for us, which was so awesome! We received major compliments on their rocked out version of the hava neglia (the "hora") as well. The whole band was so talented and truly made the wedding vibe perfect for us and our guests. They performed during our ceremony with customized songs as well. Thank you!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! We had a blast helping plan your special day! We're always happy to customize and make it perfect

Christopher · Married on 05/18/2019

DJ Que had them dancing all night

Hank Lane (More than Music aka "MTM") was extremely organized and professional from the start. We worked closely with Jonathan prior to the wedding who ensured his timeline had every detail related to dances, speeches, and meals to ensure the night ran smoothly. He also took extra time to ensure names would be pronounced properly. More Than Music works closely with you to get a list of those songs you would like played and confirms how much wiggle room they have in adjusting that list. We recommend picking those songs you love but not selecting a whole night's worth of songs so the DJ can read the crowd which is where MTM brings real value. We received a ton of compliments on our DJ (DJ Que) who was professional, creative, and did a great job announcing relevant items when necessary. He kept folks on the dance floor the whole night. We really appreciate him bringing the energy to our 125 friends and loved ones who differed in age and music preference. We will use More Than Music (and specifically DJ Que) again for our next big event!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Hello there Christopher! We'e ecstatic that you enjoyed your experience with us. Excited to see you for the next event!