Hank Lane Music Reviews

651 Reviews for Hank Lane Music

• Allison

Allison P. · Married on 10/26/2019

DJ West is the best

We hired Hank Lane's DJ company, More Than Music, for our wedding last week, and are so happy we did. DJ West did an amazing job and had people on the dance floor the entire night! We had a very clear thought of what music we wanted, and he really listened to us and did a perfect job. We could not recommend him enough.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Layne

Layne · Married on 10/26/2019

Jenna wynn band - incredible!

JENNA WYNN BAND - out of this world incredible experience. Kept our guests dancing all night and SO easy to work with! Jenna is such a sweetheart. Can't wait to see her again at all our friends weddings since they loved it so much!

Sent on 12/24/2019

Norman · Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic Wedding Band!!!

Jonny and Brooklyn Sound were an amazing band to have at our wedding. Jonny was working with us from the very beginning and guided us every step of the way. Their sound and energy gets everyone on the dance floor! Seriously, the band was the talk of town during and after the wedding. Brooklyn Sound is a decision you won't regret. It'll make your wedding day that much more unforgettable!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Shaynna H. · Married on 10/12/2019

Hands down the absolute BEST at hank lane!!

If you’ve ever gone to a wedding with a hank lane band, you already know they are THE BEST. There is no question and no competition! But nothing could’ve prepared me for how absolutely perfect the Kenny Ford band was at our wedding. Everyone was blown away!! Everyone is still taking about it!! While dancing the night away,
    one of my bridesmaids even said to me, “ok, your band is the best, even better than mine”. The whole experience with Hank Lane was exceptional. They are very professional, responsive and very very easy to work with. We personally chose the Kenny Ford band when Kenny sang ants marching by the Dave Matthews Band.... when we heard that voice we knew we had to have him. They listened to all of our requests and incorporated all of the various genres and decades of music we wanted - everything from Britney Spears to Frank Sinatra. Everything was PERFECT. I could go on and on, but just know that if you hire the Kenny Ford band you will be BLOWN AWAY and your guests will say, hands down, that it’s the best band they’ve ever heard at a wedding - that’s guaranteed!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/12/2019

NOCTURNE BAND - the best wedding band we've ever experienced!!

I feel so lucky that I discovered Nocturne during my meeting with Hank Lane. I've seen many wonderful Hank Lane bands at other weddings, but I wanted to do something different than what my friends did. Nocturne delivered on everything I was hoping for - amazing voices, ability to play a variety of genres, and being true performers vs. just standing on the stage the whole night. They really are true performers - our guests were dancing facing the band as if they were at a concert! The band members were down on the dance floor and at the tables interacting with the guests, which resulted in everyone getting on the dance floor and staying there all night. Our guests came up to us telling us how impressed they were with the band, including couples that used other Hank Lane bands for their weddings and a friend who has a degree in music and knows how to spot talented musicians. One couple also told us they wanted to book Nocturne for their own wedding. They played everything from Rihanna to Tom Petty to Frank Sinatra seamlessly and Frank and Mel were so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. Nocturne truly made our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Allison · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing!

The Jenna Wynne band was absolutely AMAZING!! Before my husband and I even sat down for appetizers we had people coming up to us how much they loved the band and two weeks later we still have people raving and reaching out to us for their details! Jenna was such a pleasure to work with and really understood what we were looking for. As we all know, planning a wedding can be extremely stressful but after our call with her I had no doubts that it was going to be a great night- the band could play every song we were looking for! She had everyone on the dance floor all night long - including my 94 year old great aunt! Would 100% recommend!!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Hank Lane Music's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! The band had so much fun at your Wedding, we are still talking about it too!! Congrats again to you and Jonathan!

Heather F. · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

We had the best experience with Hank Lane and the Russ Bennett Band, and couldn’t thank them enough for being so amazing that our dance floor was packed all night long!! They really helped make our wedding night truly the best and most fun day of our lives!

We worked with Ian, partner at Hank Lane, to select our wedding band, and worked with Russ Bennett directly closer to our wedding date to go through our song preferences, reception timeline and song selection for first dance, cake cutting, etc. We also were able to enter these preferences on our account on their website closer to the wedding date, but it was great to speak with Russ over the phone to get a feel for the general timeline of the evening and discuss all the details!

Ian was just so great to work with and was so helpful in helping us select the Russ Bennett Band. We knew we wanted a Hank Lane band for our wedding because my sister had the best experience with them for her wedding a few years ago! Our wedding was in NJ near our parents, but we live out of state, so Ian was able to have a video call with us and play video recordings of the bands available on our wedding date for us so we could make our selection! So great to accommodate out-of-state brides and grooms!

And, Russ Bennett Band killed it! We had the keyboard player during our ceremony and cocktail hour, and a 10-piece band at our reception! They really listened to what we wanted and everyone was dancing the entire night! We were even told by guests that they have never seen such a packed wedding dance floor!! Thanks to Ian, Russ and the whole crew for making our wedding an unforgettable day!!!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan R. · Married on 10/06/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Josh was AMAZING. I had several friends and family members come up to me during my wedding and inform me how impressed they were with our band. Josh has the voice of an angel and runs an amazing show.
    My wife and I loved having him. He knows how to throw a great party and provide a fantastic experience.

• Z

Zoe M. · Married on 10/05/2019

Best band ever!

From start the finish, our experience with Hank Lane and The Jeff Lubin Band was top notch. We spent time at their office, talking about what we love in a wedding band and then watched music videos of ones they thought would match our vibe. Let's just say, they nailed it! Jeff was so easy to work with and his band's performance was one for the ages. Every guest commented on how amazing the band was! We can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Cara

Cara C. · Married on 10/05/2019

Brooklyn sound- hank lane music

I really can't emphasize it enough how fantastic Brooklyn Sound was at our wedding. I had heard them play at another wedding so booking them was the easiest part of wedding planning. The dance floor was packed all night and made our wedding the party we were hoping it would be! They also played our ceremony and cocktail hour which were both outside and they took care of all the sound for it. Brooklyn Sound and Hank Lane were a dream to work with every step of the way. Hank Lane helped us with staging and lighting too and gave us fantastic recommendations. Brooklyn Sound's Jonny was there to help us with song choices for our processional and recessional and worked with us so smoothly when we changed our intro song. Seriously the best night ever thanks to them!!

• William

William L. · Married on 10/05/2019

Harmony Rocks!

We could not have been more happy with the decision to have Harmony perform at our wedding. They are all stars and totally rocked! The whole process was effortless from beginning to end. Thank you.

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/04/2019

Dane Wright Band made our wedding!

The Dane Wright Band from Hank Lane hands down made our wedding!! Not only did they keep us at ease throughout the entire process, but Dane absolutely killed it! He completely got our vibe and knew what would keep our guests on the dance floor the entire night. We had a call with Dane about 2 weeks prior to the wedding and asked Dane if he could play a song that never made it in the US. Not only did his band learn it within 2 weeks, they also completely knocked it out of the park and played it better than the original! We could not have been more pleased. We highly recommend them. Guests are still complimenting them a month later! Totally worth the money!!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 09/28/2019

Dylan matthews band

Dylan Matthews Band was absolutely incredible for our wedding in December 2019 at the Pleasantdale Chateau. All of our guests raved about the music, dancing, and how interactive the band was. We had a wide range of ages at our wedding and literally everyone was on the dance floor. Highly highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/01/2020

K Confino · Married on 09/21/2019

Incredible!

Sugar Lane from Hank Lane performed at our daughter’s wedding this weekend at Gurney’s in Montauk. Wow, they were beyond great, no one wanted to sit down. The quality of their voices, movements, song choices and renditions were so professional that they far exceeded our expectations. Chioma is truly at another level. Our guests can’t stop talking about them!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Taylor D. · Married on 09/21/2019

Incredible!

Josh Greyson- Hank Lane
    Not quite sure I can put into words the amazing impact Josh and his band had on our wedding, but I will try. From the very beginning, Josh, my husband, and I hit it off even from out of state! He knew exactly what kind of vibe we wanted and it was apparent how willing and ready he was to make our day perfect. Everybody knows that the music is one of the most important aspects of the wedding and really determines how the night will go. Well let me say, everyone was coming up to us raving how amazing the band was and how amazing their night was. Josh is not only an astonishing MC but also an incredible singer. I remember thinking at some point during our first dance, “I can’t tell if he’s singing or playing the song” and for a song by Ed Sheeran, you know that means hes damn good! We told Josh we wanted a party and he threw us a party. I would recommend Josh and his band 12/10 times.

Sam B. · Married on 09/14/2019

Jeff Lubin Band

Wow. Jeff and his seven mates made our son’s wedding spectacular. The music was great, current and had our guests dancing with Joy. As a former disc-jockey with WNEW-FM I know the importance of musical selection segues. Jeff seamlessly blended all our requests after speaking for two hours with our son.
    This band was the best I have seen and heard and I rate them PERFECT!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa H. · Married on 09/14/2019

SUGAR LANE - The most amazing Hank Lane Band

No words are enough!!! My husband and I got married this past weekend 9.14.19. Chioma and Sugar Lane were the talk of the wedding right from the start. Let’s put it this way- after the first 10 minutes of the reception, my mom told us that 40 people had already come up to her saying how amazing they were and asking for their contact information for the future. It is now Wednesday and I am still receiving nonstop text messages and phone calls asking for Sugar Lane Band’s information. The lead member Chioma and all of the bands members are full of energy, have amazing skill, and they are the nicest people ever. They are magical and memorable. Along with our family and friends, we did not stop dancing from the moment the reception began to the moment it ended. We HIGHLY recommend Sugar Lane Band and Hank Lane for your next event, and we promise they will not disappoint! We could not have made a better choice. Thank you so much to Hank Lane Productions and Sugar Lane for making our wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Trish

Trish S. · Married on 09/11/2019

Incredible Band

Jeff Lubin and his band are absolutely incredible! The best live music by far. Jeff played a wide range of music and had everyone on the dance floor. They have such an amazing energy and kept the party going all night. Our guest are still raving about them.
    AMAZING!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Natasha

Natasha A. · Married on 09/07/2019

A Magical New York Evening

Jonny and the entire Brooklyn Sound team were an absolute pleasure to work with. They made everything easy and seamless from day one. They know exactly how to get people out of their chairs and on the dance floor, and are pros at reading the room. I don’t think my now husband sat down once! Thank you to the entire band for the most magical evening.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Joan · Married on 09/01/2019

Brooklyn Sound !

Brooklyn Sound, from Hank Lane, who played for our daughter's wedding on 9/1/19, was fabulous ! They had everyone dancing for 4 hours and made the party. We have received so many compliments on how phenomenal they were. They were fun and easy to work with, and really read the crowd well. Brooklyn Sound was the perfect choice and we were thrilled with them.

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • A&B

Brooke · Married on 08/31/2019

So much fun! Kept the party going all night!!

We hired Josh and his band/DJ hybrid for our reception and it was killer. Everyone had such a blast the entire reception and to be honest I’m not even sure how much he DJed!! To us and all of our guests, we felt like we had a full band but still with the flexibility of a DJ. I definitely recommend the DJ/Band hybrid if you want the live music vibe but also need your millennial pop to be played too ;)

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra E. · Married on 08/31/2019

The HIT of the night

Wedding was about 10 days ago and we are STILL getting such rave reviews about using this company. We had Artie Stuart as our band and we couldn't have been happier with the choice. They went above and beyond and kept with the mood of the entire night. WE ARE STILL ON CLOUD 9 OVER THIS BAND!! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Kate · Married on 08/30/2019

So much fun

We used Russ Bennett Band for our August wedding and are so glad we did! We requested a mix of 70s/80s classics and rock and roll (not the traditional current hits playlist) and they nailed it. Our dance floor was filled all night and guests kept saying how amazing the band was. We didn’t stop dancing! A few of the singers even came into the dance floor to sing and interact with guests which made it so fun. We were very particular about our music choice and song requests and Russ was very helpful and accommodating from the start. We even scripted a special bridal party entry that they were happy to do for us. Overall, a fantastic experience and one of the best parts of our reception - people are still talking about it! We 100% recommend Hank Lane Music and Russ Bennett Band. Thank you!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Lauren K. · Married on 08/17/2019

Russ Bennett Band!

Booking the Russ Bennett band was one of the best decisions I made though the entire wedding planning process. I’ll start by saying one of our guests came up to us at the end of the wedding and said “your band deserves a Grammy”. This is just one of the MANY compliments Russ and his band received. Incredible doesn’t even begin to explain how amazing he made our wedding. They know how to read the room and kept people on the dance floor the entire night. My biggest concern about our wedding was that people wouldn’t be dancing. But honestly, if you book Russ, that’s not a possibility. They set the bar HIGH when it comes to music. I don’t think I couldn’t have picked a better band if I tried. If you have any doubts on who you should hire, Russ Bennett band is the answer.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Richard

Richard · Married on 08/17/2019

Pick this Company

So we decided to go with Hank Lane since my wifes sister is in the wedding planning business and she said they were legit. We hired Hank Lane for a guitarists/vocalists for the ceremony and cocktail hour and then a DJ for our reception. We live in Colorado so did all the meeting via video chat and phone calls. Everything went so smoothly from our first initial meeting and all the way through to the end of the reception. We were originally supposed to have Josh Greyson play the guitar and DJ the reception but he had something come up, which he then recommended Jonathan who actually did Josh's wedding. Both the guitarist and Jonathan were extremely professional and crushed their jobs. Jonathan did an amazing job reading the audience and playing songs that got everyone up and dancing. It was great because he did not speak too much, like at a club, but did not speak too little, it was perfect. He is great at his job and if you are looking for a DJ or anything musical for your wedding, you can not go wrong choosing this vendor. Overall 10 out of 10

Sent on 10/13/2019