Hana Floral design and boutique Reviews

Hana Floral design and boutique 5
Hana Floral design and boutique 6
  • Jen

Jen Wing · Married on 07/13/2019

Florals out of a wedding dream

Oh god do I love Hana floral. Yumiko pours her heart and soul into every wedding she does. After just a few conversations, I was floored at how well Hana executed not only my vision- but above and beyond what I expected. I couldn't be happier I hired her. Check her out on instagram!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Erin

Erin Malley · Married on 06/09/2019

Stunning Work

When I started planning my wedding, I honestly didn’t think I would care much about the flowers. That is, until I discovered Hana Floral. Her work is so jaw-droppingly beautiful that I couldn’t help but hire her. Not only did Yumiko make all of my floral Pinterest dreams come true, but she was so sweet and lovely to work with, and her expertise and experience in the field were evident. The florals were such a huge part of what made my wedding stunningly beautiful, and I would choose her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Andrea · Married on 09/15/2018

Absolutely Incredible!

Where do I even begin to describe just how incredible Hana Floral is?? First, Yumiko is amazing! I felt like we had been friends for years from the first time we met, and immediately knew that I could trust her. We didn't even meet with any other florists because we knew Hana Floral was perfect for us! Not to mention that, throughout our planning process, Yumiko was nothing but professional, responsive and oh-so-fun to work with. Second, I am so unbelievably impressed with Hana Floral's raw talent. I had a lot of thoughts swirling through my head about the look and feeling I wanted for our wedding and Yumiko (and her awesome team, of course) were able to translate all of that into a design that was better than I ever imagined. Yumiko was also really flexible with us bringing in our own decor to add to the reception. To top it all off, the flowers were absolutely stunning - they were fresh and lush and so perfect. If you're thinking about Hana Floral for you wedding (or other floral function), do not hesitate! You won't regret it.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Chelsey · Married on 09/08/2018

Yumiko and her team are incredible and so creative!! We came to her with some very elaborate and unusual requests, and she executed our vision flawlessly. Everyone from our guests to the other vendors could not stop talking about how amazing the floral and hanging installations looked at our wedding. Hands down one of our favorite vendors to work with, and we could not recommend them more highly!!! Thank you, Hana Floral, for making our wedding unforgettable!!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Hana Floral design and boutique 7
    Hana Floral design and boutique 8
    Hana Floral design and boutique 9

Natalie · Married on 06/22/2018

Yumiko and her team are truly world class! They took my vision, which was hard to articulate, and made it a reality. Yumiko is incredibly flexible and will work with your budget to maximize quality and give you the best of the best. She is creative, passionate, responsive and organized. Her and her team were able to put together something our a fairy tale for us which was above and beyond what we expected - we HIGHLY recommend her. I’m already recommending her to all my friends who are about to be getting married and they aren’t even engaged yet! Absolutely amazing!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Meghan · Married on 08/26/2017

I wish I could give 6 stars because Yumiko was so wonderful to work with. She is so knowledgeable and SO talented!! She was so conscientious of our budget throughout the entire process and was very collaborative. We had a very specific vision and Yumiko helped guide us through what the best options would be to bring that to life. We had high expectations for what Yumiko would deliver and she exceeded any expectation we had. Every arrangement looked like it was created with so much love and care. The flowers were breathtaking. I was in awe the entire day of how beautiful every arrangement was. I would highly highly recommend Yumiko to anyone. She is wonderful to work with, extremely talented, and an expert in the industry.

Sent on 09/14/2017
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 06/10/2017

Yumiko and the hana girls are by far the best wedding florist in the CT area. They work within a budget and supply the most gorgeous blossoms and greens. Yumiko took my simple ideas and created flowers that I still dream of today. My flowers were one of my favorite things about my wedding day!

Sent on 06/10/2018
    Hana Floral design and boutique 10
    Hana Floral design and boutique 11
    Hana Floral design and boutique 12

amy · Married on 10/08/2016

Yumiko and her team were one of the best choices I made. She is professional, talented, kind and has certainly found her niche. You just know that you will get top notch work when you book her. She works hard to understand your vision and won't disappoint. Some people find their way into the right type of work where their talents shine---Yumiko is one of these people!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Anne · Married on 09/24/2016

I knew that Yumiko's floral design was spectacular through the photos I saw on her website, but I was completely sold after one conversation with her. Not only does she have an incredible eye for design, but she is the sweetest and most delightful person to work with! She listened so carefully to my vision and understood exactly the look I was going for. She worked so closely with our other vendors to ensure our flowers were cohesive with every other element of our wedding. And when the flowers arrived on the day of our wedding, they were nothing short of jaw dropping. I asked our photographers to take extra pictures of every centerpiece and bouquet because they were beyond perfect - exactly what I had hoped for. Don't hesitate for a minute - Yumiko and the ladies at Hana are the very best!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Rosa · Married on 08/06/2016

We had Hana Floral do all the flowers at my daughters wedding...... Best decision ever!!! Her flowers and style of her work were beautiful!! We received so many compliments on the bouquets and centerpieces. My daughter was so confident in her work and knew it was a vendor she didn't need to stress about and could count on. And Hana Floral did the most amazing job and made the wedding more beautiful.

Sent on 08/30/2016

The wedding guests raved about the flowers and the leaf wrapped vases. The nantucket baskets with their floral bouquets were so charming--the bride's relatives who were from other parts of the country were ecstatic to receive them to take home as a memory of the wedding. My gardener friends especially liked the fact that the roses had a soft fragrance which you don't always find in wedding flowers. All in all, the flowers helped make the wedding!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Katie · Married on 09/12/2015

We cannot even begin to tell how in awe we were of all of the beautiful arrangements Yumiko and her team created for our big day in September! From the bouquets to the table arrangement, everything was stunningly beautiful. The colors worked so perfectly with the day and complimented the natural beauty of the Wad Club and Stonington Harbor! Highly recommend their services for events big or small!

Sent on 11/08/2015

maria · Married on 09/11/2015

Yumiko has been great to work with so far - can't wait to see the flowers on our wedding day! She does amazing work!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Daisy · Married on 05/24/2015

Yumiko and her team were so professional and helpful! Yumiko completely understood my vision and was able to bring it to life. She is a true pleasure to work with and I could not have asked for a better florist. She is top notch!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/16/2015

Yumiko and her team at Hana Floral did an amazing job with our wedding flowers! I don't think I could've asked for anything more beautiful. Yumiko listened to my vision and offered suggestions and truly helped make our day look just how we wanted. The quality of her and her team's work was amazing. If you want to trust your florist to execute flawlessly and have the flowers bring to life your photos and venue, call Hana Floral. Worth noting, Hana Floral is definitely high-end, so I was afraid that my smaller budget may not get the attention that other, more extravagant weddings might, but that fear was baseless. Yumiko totally worked within my budget and respected it. All around amazing work. Thank you, Yumiko! :-)

Sent on 10/10/2015

Janina · Married on 07/18/2014

Yumiko is the best. You truly can't get any better than her and her team. So fun, professional and true artists. She doesn't just use your run of the mill flowers and greenery either, she mixes textures and colors beyond what you could ever imagine. You know those dream flowers on pinterest? Yeah, she makes it happen. AMAZING. I absolutely loved working with her. She's truly passionate about her art and it shines in her personality. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/09/2014

I must confess that when I started my wedding planning, I felt so behind the curve - I had no idea what I was looking for, especially with the flowers. However, when I stumbled across Hana's Facebook page, I knew that Hana was who I wanted, even if I wasn't quite sure what I wanted.

Yumiko and her team took my jumbled thoughts and materialized them in a way I didn't think possible. It is so clear that they love what they do, from start to finish I felt in good hands. Seeing their smiling faces the day of the wedding as you delivered the flowers was such a treat.

Everything was more beautiful than we could have possibly imagined. Our bouquets, the boutonnieres and corsages were just stunning. The centerpieces (the floating candles on the mantle) and arrangements were exactly what I wanted - every detail helped contribute to such a magical night. And of course everyone commented on beautiful things were - and were ecstatic when they got to take some home!

Hana did an amazing job with our wedding - they were organized, professional, timely with communication - they made our special event beautiful. I highly recommend them to anyone in the area looking for the perfect florist.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Cecile · Married on 09/21/2013

Yumiko did a fabulous job!! She was so easy to work with and was very helpful when we were trying to figure out what kinds of flowers & floral arrangements we wanted. The end result was just stunning - she perfectly executed the romantic and soft feel that we were hoping to achieve and did it even better than I had envisioned. The bouquets were substantial and added so much beauty to our wedding photos.

As a bonus, the flowers stayed fresh for so long that we were able to enjoy them for a while after the wedding!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Becky · Married on 07/13/2013

Yumiko and her staff arranged the most beautiful flowers for our wedding and it added just the right touch to everything there to make it the wedding I was truly envisioning. She was professional and friendly and she always got back to me so quickly. It was in a word perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Yumiko is amazing! She doesn't do Ok job, she does PERFECT job! You can not get any better than Hana Floral Design. Yumiko is so easy to work with and she has a great taste so you know you are in good hands and can trust her. The first time we met with her, we knew we are in good hands. She has great tips and opinions and she is so passionate about her job. We are so thankful for Yumiko and her staff great work. The flowers were absolutely stunning and were just perfect.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Jenna · Married on 06/15/2013

Yumiko and her team were one of the first "big vendors" we checked off our list while wedding planning. Even before I had my "full vision" - she had it. I knew from being in her adorable shop in Mystic, she was a true professional and could pull ideas out of my head I didn't even know I had. From day one up until the day of the wedding (when she personally, with her staff dropped off my bouquets to my hotel room), had the most seamless experience. I had a million things going on planning this wedding, as any bride knows, and this was one area I didn't have to worry about. The flowers were unbelievably gorgeous, fresh, and made the day even more spectacular than it already was. To any bride in the CT/Rhode Island area - there is NO NEED to look anywhere else, she is the absolute best!!

Sent on 04/04/2014

Lois · Married on 10/07/2012

Yumiko and her staff are first-rate. You cannot get any better than Hana Flora Design. Not only were the flowers amazing, they were our favorite vendor because they were so easy to work with and so helpful with their tips. They were open to meeting with us several times before our wedding and open to working with us through several changes. We received compliments on our flowers from all of our guests and even used the centerpieces at our brunch the next day. We even brought them back home and had them around for over a week! We are so thankful for all the hard work and the artistic vision Yumiko and her staff were able to execute for our wedding. The flowers were absolutely stunning and were just perfect. We couldn't have been happier. If we ever need flower for an event, we know who we will be calling!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Tobey · Married on 09/15/2012

Hana was highly suggested by my wedding planner, Sarah True. I set up a meeting with Hana at her shop in Mystic and we were able to discuss the vision and pull all of the flowers together in an hour. I'm not much of a flower person so she incorporated other "beachy" elements such as driftwood, lanterns and seashells into the centerpieces. Her confidence made me feel completely at ease and she showed up with the most amazing combination of flowers on my wedding day. I was so excited to walk down the aisle with them and a week after the wedding my guests are still raving about the flowers!!! THANK YOU YUMIKO!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Anna · Married on 09/17/2011

As an event photographer, it's like Christmas morning when I get to see how Yumiko and her staff have transformed an event with her stunning floral designs. Never the same, and always perfectly suited to the event, the venue and most importantly, the client. Hana Floral Design is perfect for both the bride who knows EXACTLY what she wants, as well as the bride who doesn't know a peony from a petunia--you are in excellent hands with Yumiko!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Emily · Married on 08/13/2011

Yumiko Fletcher and Hana Floral Design created absolutely beautiful and stunning floral arrangements for our wedding. The first time we sat down with Yumiko to brainstorm, we told her that we wanted colorful wild flowers. She completely understood our vision and the finished products were more than we ever could have imagined! Yumiko is very easy to work with via the telephone and email. I would highly reccommend Yumiko and her team of talented floral designers!! They are simply the best!

Sent on 08/30/2011