Hamlin House Restaurant Reviews

7 | Buffalo, NY

7 Reviews for Hamlin House Restaurant

Brittney · Married on 08/04/2018

We had our wedding at the Hamlin House last weekend and I can't say enough great things about the whole experience! Lynn was our point person there, and she was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. She promptly answered any questions we had which I really appreciated and she has done this many times so I had full confidence that we were in good hands. Our wedding day ran so smoothly and everything was exactly as planned! We got many compliments from our guests on our unique venue and the food! Hamlin House is a great value and a beautiful venue, we highly recommend having your wedding here!!

Sent on 08/12/2018

We had our New Years eve wedding reception at the Hamlin House and we have not stopped receiving compliments from the guests at our wedding about how unique and beautiful the venue was, how great the wait staff and bar service was and how phenomenal the food was.
    As the bride, working with Sharon the banquet manager was easy and i didn't feel pressured at any point in time. Whenever I had a question I called Sharon and she was always there and always answered my needs.
    I have only good things to say about Hamlin House and I'm so thankful our wedding was here.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Danielle · Married on 09/21/2013

The Hamlin House was an amazing venue. Their food was DELICIOUS! All of the staff was very helpful, especially Sharon. She even allowed us to use the bridal suite before the ceremony for the girls to get ready despite having our ceremony at a different location. The building is lovely so it made decorating easy, it doesn't need any! The bartenders were friendly and great. Just a wonderful experience all around. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Liz · Married on 10/11/2014

We had a really wonderful experience working with Hamlin House. Sharon, the banquet manager, is so accommodating, realistic, and helpful. She didn't try to up-sell us in any way- she just laid out our options and gave us honest opinions when necessary. Our reception was affordable, and incredibly beautiful.

HH is an absolute gem of a building- it's located in the best area of the city, in our opinion- and so far our pictures look amazing, in large part due to how pretty and retro the place is. The lights over the dance floor created a glowy, romantic atmosphere for our party. The bar package is completely reasonable- and we kept getting comments at how "fancy" our drink options were (we had the call bar- mid-range price option)! The staff is so nice and helpful as well... Our friends and family kept telling us how cool it was, how great the food was, and just in general how happy they were to be there.

I have heard from other brides that they didn't go with HH because of the "lack of options" with the dinner buffet-- but in all honesty, they really do give you plenty of options of really good, warm, food-- we had over 30 people tell me they wanted a vegetarian option, and really- there was nothing on our buffet that had meat in it other than the meat! PLUS we had fried pickles at our cocktail hour! How great is that??

All in all, Hamlin House is a fantastic value, and undoubtedly one of the friendliest places in Buffalo. You can't go wrong.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Hamlin House was a great location to have our wedding. The food was great, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the atmosphere was unique and warm. Sharon was the ultimate wedding planner and was so flexible with everything we asked about! She and the staff truly made it the best night of my life. You will not regret having your wedding here.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Michelle · Married on 07/08/2012

3.5

I loved this venue! My friend is getting married there after we did too! They don't charge extra for friday or saturday, and I appreciated that the head lady was down to earth, not upity and super professional, just down to earth and get the job done. I liked that. Couldve been a little more of a people person but i really appreciated the pricing and flexibility.It was also a beautiful place! All my pictures turned out amazing!!

Sent on 01/11/2013

3.6
      2.0
      3.5
      3.0

We had a mixed experience with the Hamlin House.

The venue itself is beautiful and a good value. They are relaxed about letting you bring in decorations and give you plenty of time to set up. The banquet manager is a bit set in her ways, but overall is nice to work with. She was great about coordinating with our other vendors and making everything run smoothly. Also, the food was excellent!

The biggest negative was the service. I noticed a few issues I tried to overlook, but I heard enough comments from the guests (reluctant comments since people didn't want to upset me), that I need to note a few of the problems we encountered:
    -When the food was being brought out, the servers actually shouted at our guests to get out of the way and shoved past them
    -The servers cleared food and drinks WAY too fast. My groom and I didn't get to eat our cake because it was set out, then cleared (untouched) while we were doing tables. When we asked the servers for a couple pieces later on, we were initially told it was all gone (our cake was supposed to feed 170 and we only had 140 guests). When I said it was for the bride and groom, they somehow found two more pieces (I'm not sure what happened to the rest of it). Drinks were also cleared too quickly; people came back from the dance floor to find their glasses gone with more than an hour left in the reception.

Also, we essentially lost an hour of our open bar due to a miscommunication with the manager. So be very clear when you make your arrangements and confirm the exact timing of the event to ensure you get what you paid for.

All in all, people enjoyed the reception regardless of these issues and loved the food. However, the service was definitely a disappointment, which surprised me because the other reviews I read were so positive. I would still probably recommend this venue to another couple, but be mindful of communicating expectations about the service and timing.

Sent on 11/05/2015