Hamilton Twelve Reviews

26 | Austin, TX

26 Reviews for Hamilton Twelve

Mike · Married on 11/07/2015

Katy and Darci are amazing to work with. Darci has an infectious passion for food which results in a menu of quality that is vastly superior to the food that you normally get when produced en masse. The venue is a bit remote, but there is a nice Sonesta hotel not far away which makes it still convenient, especially if you provide transportation back and forth for guests. Food and wine were very important for us and between Darci's cooking and the venue being BYOB (so we could bring exactly what we wanted to drink) we covered both of those extremely well. The venue is set within some beautiful trees and generally nice landscaping enabling some wonderful pictures. Our event had about 120 people and I would not recommend going much larger, but for that size or a smaller size event, it is a great amount of indoor and outdoor space.

Sent on 12/10/2015

Only gripe was that we didn't get a piece of our cake. No big deal though as we didn't place a whole lot of importance on the dessert. Overall a great experience and a beautiful evening. 10/10 would get married here again.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Cody · Married on 09/06/2015

As the groom, all I wanted was everything to be perfect for my wife to be. Katy and Darcy went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect and within our budget, at the end of the night I was begging them to let us extend everything a half hour because everyone was having so much fun! Since their goal is to make it the best night for us they of course obliged! Food was excellent! The venue does not require excessive spending to make it look great.

If you want a good wildcard factor, they have a pool, and yes people ended up in it.

Awesome staff. Awesome venue. Awesome wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Nancy · Married on 06/20/2015

I researched all around the Austin area for my wedding venue. I've always thought we were going to have a big ball room venue. But once I visited Hamilton Twelve they made us felt right at home. Such a cute cozy romantic venue. We decided to go with H12 cause of how great their customer service was. Katy is very fast at repsonding. I am a very picky detailed bride so having a venue that would work with me was everything. This place has great value. This venue is very different from what my guest was used to but because it's not an oversized ballroom it made all our friends and family felt closer. From the beginning down to when the wedding was over they were very helpful and supportive. Katy would help plan your wedding and give you great tips and ideas since she's done so many weddings. I love how they took over and I didn't have to stress out on my day. Plus you get to attend their awesome events, try out their wonder foods. I was lucky enough to win free cooking classes. Pretty much everything I wanted, Katy made it happen. I couldn't imagine my day without her. Thank you Katy and Darci for all the help and support you gave us! You guys made our day so memorable.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Hamilton Twelve's reply:

Thanks Nancy!!! We loved the way your wedding turned out too! So gorgeous. We hope you and Ken had a wonderful honeymoon and we wish you all the best as you two begin this wonderful new chapter of life together.

Alyssa · Married on 02/28/2015

We recently had our wedding at the Hamilton Twelve Venue in Dripping Springs and all we can say is WOW!!!!
    The venue is gorgeous and very well maintained. The inside of venue is somewhat decorated and painted to give a relaxing but romantic atmosphere. I fell in love with the outside courtyard, because it gives of this intimate setting will lights strung from the roof to the posts in the court yard allowing for dancing under the stars. Our wedding however did not permit for us to dance outside because it was freezing!!! We can't control mother nature, but Hamilton Twelve worked around the cold and weather to make our day fantastic. The staff are extremely sweet and professional!!! Katy Rankin is the wedding coordinator out there and she is on top of every detail down to the minute! My Husband and I always knew what we were doing planning as well as the wedding night at the reception. I love that I could email and or call Katy whenever I needed to speak with her and as a question. If your a Bride like me, I wasn't sure all the time and Katy gives an excellent opinion to lead you in the right direction. THE FOOD IS AMAZING! WOW Guests were raving about the food!
    If you are looking for a wedding venue with a classy country feel, the Pinterest look and feel, this is truly the place to have your dream wedding. The venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing, the staff and wedding coordinator treat you like royalty and make you feel at ease. This was the best wedding ever! I know it was our wedding but out of any I had attended as a guests for family, this was the BEST!!!

Sent on 03/11/2015

Hamilton Twelve's reply:

Seriously the most frozen ice cold wedding we've ever worked at Hamilton Twelve! Definitely one for the record books. You & Robert and your wonderful family were such a pleasure to work with! Thank you for writing this glowing review. We wish you two lovebirds all the best!

Stacy · Married on 11/08/2014

Hamiltom Twelve is the perfect place for a wedding...it has a beautiful inside and outside too! And Katy and Darci (their persinal chef); they were amazing, extremely professional and worked with our budget...also they are super nice! They helped us out with every aspect of our wedding that we needed including some of
    the planning and decorating for it.Our guests loved everything! We highly recommend Hamilton Twelve to anyone planning a wedding especially.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Matt · Married on 11/08/2014

I can't say enough about this place and the people that are behind it all. The staff was second to none and very involved in our event. We had our wedding reception here and I would do it again 10 times over! The food was awesome, thank you to Chef Darci. Katy, our wedding/event planner was over the top. I couldn't ask for a better day and support. It was just incredible. One of the most memorable days of my life. Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Andrea · Married on 10/18/2014

Hamilton Twelve is a top notch venue and I am so thankful I chose them for our wedding. Chef Darci and Katy were amazing to work with. The venue itself is gorgeous and has the perfect touches of romanticism and intimacy amidst the stunning hill country backdrop. Katy is the venue coordinator and helped me with so many decisions along the way. She went over and beyond just being a “day of” venue coordinator. My mother was the nervous type through the wedding planning and had all sorts of questions regarding what if’s…what if it rains, what if the shuttles break down, what if the apocalypse happens on my daughter’s wedding day? Katy helped ease all of her worries and answer all of her questions. Chef Darci and Katy listened to my wedding vision. There was never any talk about not being able to do something. Instead, it was always how we would make something work. For instance, I had originally wanted food trailers to come out and serve food to our guests. I realized it was not in our budget. Chef Darci came up with the idea to create food stations around the venue to give our guests the feeling of walking up to different food trailers. I loved how creative Chef Darci was to create that environment I was looking for.
    The day of the wedding Katy and the staff managed everything with grace and style. Katy kept everything on track and guided us through the entire day with a smile on her face. Our decorations and entire vision came together and our wedding was by far one of the most special moments of my life. I continue to receive compliments on how beautiful the venue was, how tasty the cuisine was and how lovely the staff treated everyone. I would most certainly recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding or special event.
    I feel like Katy and Chef Darci became our friends through the year-long planning process. I will be sure to come out to some of H12's cooking classes to say hello to them from time to time.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Suzanne · Married on 10/18/2014

My daughter just had her wedding at the beautiful Hamilton Twelve Wedding and Event venue in the Texas Hill Country. From the day my daughter and I walked into the venue to check it out and meet with Katy Rankin, the energetic coordinator, we were sold on this venue and very excited to begin our planning. Katy and the talented Chef Darci worked with us throughout the planning process and were equally as excited as we were in creating the wedding of my daughter’s and her fiancé’s dreams. They were open to every idea the bride and groom had, always happily saying, “Sure, we can make that work!”, and then adding some additional ideas of their own. Their flexibility, enthusiasm and helpfulness throughout the planning process were above and beyond what we ever expected. Additionally, Katy’s experience and professionalism helped to calm my mother-of-the-bride anxieties on numerous occasions!

The day of the wedding was a whirlwind, yet Katy, Chef Darci and their phenomenal staff, made this important day not only special, but extraordinary. We did not have to worry about a thing. It was amazing to see all of our ideas and hard work come together under Hamilton Twelve’s professional orchestration. The venue looked beautiful and the food was amazing! We have had so many compliments on the beautiful, relaxing setting, the delicious food and the friendly, smiling staff.

I would highly recommend Hamilton Twelve for weddings and events. And Chef Darci has begun offering culinary classes as well. After experiencing her wonderful culinary talents at the wedding and an open house, my husband and I definitely want to sign up for a class or two. Even if it is just to experienc the wonderful energy that is Hamilton Twelve!

Sent on 10/29/2014

David · Married on 02/15/2014

Everyone at Hamilton Twelve was very helpful and courteous for our wedding. We would definitely refer others to hold any type of special event at your facility.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Kimberly · Married on 02/15/2014

Everything was perfect. Food was fabulous. Katie was moré than helpful. I received Many compliments from guest on both food and facility

Sent on 07/02/2014

Brandi · Married on 06/18/2011

Loved loved loved my wedding at Hamiton Twelve! The food was outstanding and my guest are still talking about how great it was. The staff was very friendly an professional and the ambiance was perfect! Such a wonderful venue and very happy I chose it for my wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2011

Gilda · Married on 04/15/2011

My daughter chose Hamilton Twelve because of the beautiful venue. It is out in the country feeling with beautiful trees, wonderful building, and lovely outside area for party. The reception outside was fabulous, but if the weather had turned bad, we could have easily brought the party inside. Georgia (owner) and Annie (planner) were extremely helpful. Since I do not live in Austin, I was doing this long distance, I had to rely on their expertise. They didn't let me down on any part of the planning or follow through. We also had them prepare the meal, which was wonderful. We were able to supply our own wine and beer so this was a plus. I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Sent on 05/11/2011

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2010

Hamilton Twelve made our big day so special! They were amazing to work with and Annie was so much fun, with her bubbly personality! The staff was awesome! The food was perfection, they pretty much do everything for you, and made everything sooooo smooth. Which is what you want on your wedding day. I would recommend Annie and the folks with H12 time and time again!!

Sent on 09/26/2010

Monica · Married on 06/19/2010

We loved Hamilton Twelve! Annie was amazing -- so upbeat and managed the whole wedding beautifully and with her huge smile on her face! The place looks extra beautiful at night with all the lights and everyone kept raving about the food.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Raina · Married on 04/18/2009

Without hesitation we can give Hamilton Twelve a five star rating across the board.
    Coordinator and Owner:
    To begin with, you get Annie, the onsite coordinator! She is so positive and fun, and the whole wedding process I just felt like her whole goal was to bring together the event I envisioned. I never felt like I was bothering her with a phone call or an email when I had a question. Georgia the owner is great too, we had a "rain" situation the days before our wedding and I don't know if I would have gotten through it in one piece without her flexiblity and ideas for plan "B" since I really didn't want to have a tent in such a beautiful venue.
    Setting:
    Beyond that, the setting is great. We had a rather small wedding, approx 75 people, with a seated plated dinner. From the start we wanted a outdoor ceremony followed by a reception with the intimate feel of a dinner party. Hamilton Twelve was exactly what we were looking for. The outdoor area has a wonderful ambiance, and indoor was pefect for the formal yet intimate dinner we wanted. People told us it was one of the best weddings they'd ever been to partly because the setting was so different and beautiful yet comfortable. The outdoor bunglaow was perfect as a nursery for my cousin's baby. The built-in benches outside were great for people to sit on and be close to the action even if they weren't on the dance floor. I was afraid the fact that outside has no real clearly defined dance floor would be a problem, but nope! My pictures are attest to this!
    Food and Service:
    This was all above average. The bar staff was exceptional, even with our rather complicated signature drink. You can bring your own liquor too, which is a great value. We would never have been able to have the quality of wine, beer, champagne and signature drinks we did on our budget otherwise.
    Our guests raved about the food, they even did a veg option for my mom. She went on and on about how good it was and she's the most picky eater I know. We felt like Georgia gave us a great value for our catering package compared to other options we looked at, especially considering the quality. Even the fruit and cheese spread that showed up in the bridal suite was excellent!

I would highly recommend this venue!

I think one of the only real cons for us was that we had almost all out of town guests and there are few hotels really close to the site. Quite a few of our guests ended up staying downtown and we brought them in on a shuttle, but otherwise Lakeway hotel (which is kind of expensive although very nice) is the closest and it's still 20 minutes away. Just something to consider, but the fact H12 is out of town in the hill country is also part of the draw!

Sent on 04/26/2009

Stephanie · Married on 04/04/2009

If you are looking for a really cool "Austin" /Texas hill country wedding venue, Hamilton is IT. My wedding guests are still raving about it all - and we couldn't be happier about our decision to get married there. The venue is very natural and also neutral, so it really can be decorated to have any theme/feel. The sky's the limit. They'll entertain creative ideas as well - just because they haven't done something before, doesn't stop them. They'll explore all the options to accommodate the bride and her family. That was certainly our experience - for example, they professionally installed strands of lights to brighten up the courtyard just for us. The food is another reason to consider Hamilton Twelve - definitely the best wedding food I've ever had, and our guests agreed. Service is impeccable - I felt like our coordinator there really became our friend in the process. She took care of us to not only make sure the event went smoothly, but to also see that everyone was comfortable with each decision and that we were happy, felt catered to, and comfortable. Best of all, she genuinely shared our excitement for all the little details that went into our big day. Our wedding & reception went off flawlessly! Hamilton Twelve is highly, highly recommended.

Sent on 05/20/2009

Jenny · Married on 05/24/2008

Jay and I decided to get married in Austin because we both love the city so much and hope to move down there soon. Because we live in Dallas we were only able to do our initial research online. I looked online at a few websites for locations and we looked at a few places based on word-of-mouth from friends. I happened upon Hamilton Twelve on one of the many websites I was looking through and when I read that Georgia Coleman owned it and that she was the previous owner of Mars Restaurant, I knew we had to check it out. Another benefit of attending the Open House was that we were able to try Georgia's food. That really helped us when we were trying to plan our menu. The food is so unique and not like your typical "wedding food"...you know, the typical pasta station, carving station, veggies, fruit and cheese. We wanted something unique and Georgia provided that and so much more for our wedding. We loved every single bite (and so did our guests)! Jay and I wanted an outdoor wedding and the setup at H12 was perfect. Plus, H12 has a Tuscan feel to it and we went to Italy for our honeymoon so it just fit. Once we decided on H12, we met with Annie and discussed the details. She was so wonderful. She really listened to what we wanted and showed us how she could make it happen and not exceed the budget (a very important part of planning). We cannot say enough wonderful things about Georgia, Annie and the entire staff at Hamilton Twelve. We have already been in touch with two other couples planning their weddings there and we are happy to tell everyone about what a wonderful place it is. Georgia, Annie and their team have also compiled a list of wonderful vendors to choose from for everything from linens to the DJ. Everyone at H12 came together and made our wedding day exactly what we hoped for. We cannot thank them enough! Thank you, Jeni and Jay Happily married at Hamilton Twelve, May 2008]

Kenyon · Married on 03/04/2008

Best service ever!
    Couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 02/09/2009
  • W

Martha · Married on 10/26/2008

Just a note to express our appreciation for the wonderful service and attention to detail Hamilton Twelve provided for the wedding and reception for Julie & Clint. Your fabulous setting combined with the perfect weather made this occasion truly memorable and just what the couple wanted. Annie's coordination and orchestration efforts were just right and ensured what photographer said was "the smoothest and least stress filled wedding" he had seen in over seven years of covering such events. People came from as far away as Sweden, New England, California, Oregon, Washington and all over Texas and everyone raved about the facility, the food and the overall fabulous event. We will certainly recommend Hamilton Twelve to anyone who asks us for advise about a wedding/event facility Sincerely Wayne & Martha

Sent on 01/24/2009

Wonderful venue, with helpful staff

Sent on 04/26/2015

Jamie · Married on 03/07/2015

Hamilton Twelve is a beautiful venue! Katy and Darci were an absolute delight to work with. They both went above and beyond to make our special day perfect. Everyone loved the food and really enjoyed themselves. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Hamilton Twelve's reply:

Thanks Jamie! You looked positively radiant during your wedding. And that dress!!!!! It was a joy to work with you and Scott for your gorgeous event. We wish you two so much happiness!

Jenny · Married on 08/23/2008

We had a wonderful time at our wedding. Everything ran very smoothly. My feedback would be:
    1. Staff was very friendly and easy to work with - every person I spoke to was helpful. Annie has a great attitude and the bartender and head man in the kitchen were both very nice to us.
    2. The food was excellent.
    3. I appreciate your willingness to help me stay within my budget and not try to get me to spend more than I wanted to.
    4. Recommendation - Trim a few branches from the tree in front of the balcony. We noticed when we were taking pictures up there that a few limbs were in the way.

Sent on 01/24/2009

The wedding venue was the most important part of my wedding. I wanted a place in the hill country that was naturally beautiful and had an outdoor option for the wedding ceremony. Hamilton Twelve fit this description perfectly. I also wanted a built in, day- of wedding planner and had the pleasure of getting to work with Georgia and Jessica. They were both truly wonderful to work with. Planning is not my strong suit but Georgia knew all of the questions to ask and details to address to ensure the day went off without a hitch. I couldn’t have asked for better help. The other fantastic thing about Hamilton Twelve is the built in catering. The food was fantastic and Georgia and Jessica made it a point to ensure we had time to eat it at the reception. Jessica, our day-of coordinator, was a life saver. She took care of everyone’s needs without even being asked. She did every from being cocktails to the groom’s bungalow before the wedding to pack up our stuff when we left at the end of the night. I highly recommend this fantastic location and working with these great people.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Megan · Married on 03/04/2011

Our wedding at Hamilton Twelve was magical. The venue and surrounding grounds are beautiful, and the seclusion provided by the acres of live oaks makes it feel like you’re in a different world. Georgia, the owner, and Annie, the coordinator, were both spectacular once we were able to meet them face-to-face. The day of the wedding Annie was on top of everything. She kept the reception moving according to the timeline without ever making us feel rushed or hurried, and she kept a close eye on the two of us to make sure our glasses were never empty and that we had everything we needed.

Both the food and the staff were exceptional. None of the staff appeared to just be “doing his job”. Each person appeared to really care about our wedding and many stopped to congratulate us. My mom commented that staff seemed more like family.

Annie and the Hamilton Twelve staff ensured that our wedding was perfect. And way under budget, too. Given the beauty of the venue, the incredible food, the amazing staff, and the unbelievable pricing, I can’t understand why Hamilton Twelve is not better known. (I had not heard of it before I started researching venues.) Everything about Hamilton Twelve is wonderful and we are so glad we chose to have our wedding there!

Sent on 04/09/2011