Hamilton Photography Reviews

Hamilton Photography 5
Hamilton Photography 6
Hamilton Photography 7

Sarah · Married on 04/24/2010

Mark & Christina shot our wedding and did a GREAT job. They were awesome to work with and we got amazing pictures in return. Not only did they listen to us and make sure we got every shot we wanted, but they also suggested some great ones. In fact, the last minute shots they added turned out to be our favorites! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Wendy · Married on 04/03/2010

Hamilton photography did a great job at my wedding. The photos speak for themselves. I was worried about the dim lighting at my wedding location, and they even scheduled a walkthrough with me at the location to figure out different angles & picture ideas. Mark & Christina are extremely easy and fun to work with. Since our first meeting, looking at their previous work, I know they will make my wedding photos look gorgeous. On the day of the wedding, the weather was fantastic and we took a lot of pictures. To a point where I was asking them how many more are we taking? Looking at the pictures now, I wish we could’ve taken more. :) They did such a wonderful job! I was super nervous & stress out on my wedding day. It was great to see Christina and Mark’s friendly faces. They really have a way to calm my nerves, and let me know that I am in good hands. I would highly recommend Hamilton photography for any future brides!

Sent on 04/23/2010

Sarah · Married on 04/18/2009

I had the pleasure to work with Christina (lead photographer) and Jason (second photographer). Christina shot my engagment session at Quiet Waters Park and my wedding. It was a true pleasure to work with Hamilton Photography. When my wedding date had to change, they were flexible and able to handle my new date and new reception venue. The photographs that they shot were beyond fabulous. I had said before the wedding that I thought it was important to spend money on quality items that last - like one's wedding pictures. They have the perfect blend of artistic and traditional wedding pictures. I am so happy I went with Hamilton photography.

Sent on 06/02/2009

Danielle · Married on 10/04/2008

I used Hamilton Photography for my engagement and wedding photographs.

Booking a photographer for the wedding was our first priority after we set a date and even before we selected a venue. I just knew I had to have the best photographer to capture this very important day so that for years to come I would always have AMAZING photographs to adore. I looked at hundreds of photographers online and at many bridal shows before selecting Hamilton Photography because I knew I had to have a fabulous photographer with a great eye for making gorgeous photographs, and trust me Hamilton Photography was THAT photographer for us.

There is really no word to describe how stunning our photographs are. We have received SO many compliments on them and to top it off MANY of my other vendors from the wedding are now using our wedding photographs from Hamilton Photography for advertising because they turned out so incredible.

It was truly blast working with Hamilton Photography. Mark Hamilton and his assistant photographers are fantastic to work with. They are incredibly energetic and a fun to be around and not to mention TALENTED. I would recommend Hamilton Photography to everyone.

Also my biggest advice to brides is to hire a photographer who has the ability to have a second photographer because I absolutely loved having two photographers because I have two views of everything and I equally love both photographers’ shots. And each of Hamilton Photography’s packages come with two photographers.

Sent on 11/13/2008

Christina · Married on 10/21/2006

I met Mark and his wife at the Baltimore Bridal expo and was amazed by his portfolio. After looking around at some of the other available photographers, I booked him right there at the bridal show! Not only was he more reasonably priced than most of the other photographers, but he provided more as well. Our package included an unlimited amount of time the photographers were available on the day of the wedding, as well as an unlimited amount of photos which would be shot.

The photographers were extremely professional, fun to work with, dressed appropriately for the wedding, and captured everything we wanted or could have imagined. There were so many unique photos that I did not expect, we were so amazed when we looked through the proofs. Which, by the way, became available online while we were on our honeymoon. Our printed proofs were available within about two months and our album within 4 months. I had our album before I even got our video from the videographer.

I could not be more pleased with our album, and we get nothing but the highest praise when we show it off. The "proof" of our album was sent to me online first. I had a slightly different image of how the album should look, sent back what I wanted changed which ended up being most of the album, and I was sent back the "new" album within a week. It was absolutely perfect and exactly how I envisioned.
    I would absolutely recommend Hamilton photography to anyone looking for a photographer. We will be using them in the future for other occasions.

Sent on 08/25/2008

Corinne · Married on 06/03/2006

We met Mark with Hamilton Photography at a bridal expo and were extremely impressed by his portfolio. We compared his work to many others at the expo and vendors we had met on other occasions. By far his photography captured more precious moments and truly told the story of the couples that we had never met. It is very hard to describe, but when you can almost feel the joy and beauty of someone else's wedding through their photos it is quite amazing. We also found that as we compared other vendors, Mark was the most reasonably priced and provided the most value. Many other vendors nickeled and dimed you for high quality coffee table albums, the number of photos and photographers present. Mark provided all of these things at a very reasonable price.

I have been so incredibly pleased by our pictures and the beautiful album we helped him design. I show it off at every opportunity and it has already been 2 years since our wedding! I refer all of my engaged friends to him and will definitely use him in the future when we decide to expand our family!!

Sent on 08/07/2008

Brooke · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I loved our wedding photos from Hamilton!

Mark Hamilton was extremely accommodating throughout the entire process, from the personal meeting at his home all the way to acting as our photographer on our wedding day. Hamilton requires that you complete a "shot list" of requested poses prior to your wedding day, but be sure to be thorough; although Mark was able to accommodate many requests on-the-fly, there were poses we wished we would have had once we received our pictures (and likely would have had if we had put them on the list).

We were extremely impressed by his professionalism and the quality of our photos, and we couldn't believe how quickly he worked the day of the wedding. Mark also allowed us to take a variety of pictures that we didn't previously anticipate because he saved so much time.

Hamilton offers a variety of packages starting from around $3,000, and increasing in price as more options are added. Our only (minor) complaint was that the packages are a bit pricey, but that seems to be the market for high quality photos, and they were well worth it. We would definitely recommend Mark and his team!

Sent on 11/30/2015
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 11/01/2014

There is no better choice than Hamilton Photography. My husband and I were lucky to have Mark and his team photograph our wedding this past November and couldn't be happier with the images we received. Having worked with our venue before, Mark knew the ideal locations for pictures and was so efficient that we enjoyed most of our cocktail hour with our guests. Mark and his team were the utmost professionals and it did not go unnoticed by our guests or bridal party who offered endless compliments.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Linda · Married on 10/22/2011

Jason and Trahn were extremely fun to work with. Both my husband and I are not super comfortable in front of the camera, but they really put us at ease. The pictures were amazing - they look like shots from magazines.

Sent on 11/11/2011

Amy · Married on 07/18/2009

My husband and I met with several photographers and Hamilton Photography immediately impressed us with their professionalism. We were looking for a less formal style and as a result came across alot of people who seem really talented but didn't always wow us with the business side of things. Our first meeting was so well-organized and they have tons of examples of their work available. There was a slight mix-up when we were signing the contract which was hardly a problem at all and they were quick to let us know about it, fix it, and offer a more than generous make-good. We worked with Christina for our engagement session and the wedding. She's so efficient and truly a pleasure to work with. When my husband and I were reviewing the photos, we realized we never even noticed she was around during the wedding! Everything turned out beatifully and I keep looking at the pictures over and over. Photography is definitely an aspect of the wedding where you need to have complete faith in your vendors and we felt exactly that way about Hamilton Photography.

Sent on 08/02/2009

Holly · Married on 07/18/2008

Mark Hamilton and his staff was great from the moment we first met with them. My husband does not enjoy pictures being taken, so it was important to me that our photography was laid back and understood that we didn't want to spend more than 20 minutes to take formal pictures. Mark got that from our first meeting. When he and Helen (the 2nd photographer for the evening) arrived I immediately felt comfortable as they walked around and took pictures of the different things and people in the room. Unfortunately we were running a little behind schedule, so they flew through formal pictures(just as we had asked) and missed a few important photos. That was the only thing throughout the evening that I was disspointed in, but if I remember correctly I was just anxious to get the reception and thought that we could do those photos once we got to the venue. Once there, time just slipped away and they never got back to those photos- but I will certainly take the blame on that one. Their turn-around time for getting the pictures up on the web was amazing and the results were even more incredible, we are going to have a very difficult time choosing our photos. I would highly reccomend Mark Hamilton and Hamilton Photography for your photography needs!

Sent on 08/09/2008

Brittany · Married on 03/09/2013

Christina Hamilton was fantastic to work with! We used her for both our engagement photos and our wedding day. Mark was our second photographer for our wedding day, and they worked very well together. Our pictures are stunning!! Very pleased with Hamilton's services and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Meredith · Married on 03/10/2012

Mark and Christina photographed our wedding in March. We couldn't be happier! Not only were our photos ready for viewing before we returned from the honeymoon, they turned out great! They captured our 'first glance' emotions perfectly and the sunset pictures are gorgeous! Our florist was so impressed we were featured on her blog as well.

They were great at the wedding making sure to capture every moment. We hardly noticed them but every time we wanted a picture they were right there.

Mark took our engagement photos as well. He was easy to get in contact with throughout the whole process. We had many questions and a few hiccups throughout the wedding planning process. Mark and Christina quickly returned our calls and happily offered suggestions throughout.

We have already recommended them to friends and will continue to do so!

Sent on 07/07/2012

Heather · Married on 06/18/2011

I can't tell you how perfect Mark and Sue were! We had SO much fun with them - they were part of our special day and party!! At the end of the night, Mark thanked ME for having him there. I couldn't ask for more in a photographer. I will get the pictures back in the next few weeks and cannot wait to see what a beautiful job he did. He was very flexible with my time constraints and shotlist. Thanks SO much, Mark!!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Julia · Married on 10/11/2008

Mark and Christina were fantastic to work with from the start. They were professional and responsive both before and after we booked them, and on our wedding day they were a dream to work with. Everyone felt very comfortable with them and they were efficient without compromising any quality. Our guests are still commenting to us that the photographers "didn't miss a thing all night!" And our photos turned out beautifully, better than I could have hoped for! I would definitely recommend Hamilton Photography to anyone looking for a talented and professional photographer in the Maryland area.

Sent on 10/27/2008

Cara · Married on 04/26/2008

Hamilton Photography has an amazing eye to catch the best parts of your wedding and put them on paper. From the "look" that i wanted in my photos, to the ability to lay them all out in an album. I was soooo impressed! I still, a year later look at my photo album in amazment. I could not he happier with the product or the memories i have thanks to them. I would reccomend them to anyone!

Sent on 04/08/2009

Kristin · Married on 10/07/2005

I met this vendor at a wedding show and fell in love with the photography. Mark and his photographers have amazing eyes for detail and the perfect shot.

We didn't want "ordinary" photos; anyone can take those. We wanted unique, different, striking and moving. Mark and his team came through. We have so many beautiful pictures that strike the soul in their simplicity and boldness.

For example, one picture was focused over the hood of our car (an antique Rolls Royce) and shows me out of focus stepping out of the church. It was taken at such a moment you can see my foot stepping over the walkway with my dressed raised, like an image from Cinderella. When I presented this picture, framed, to my dad for Christmas, he welled up with tears--a man that never cries. Other touching pictures, beyond the norm, include a our hands clasped behind us as we were first presented as man and wife, a closeup of my bouquet in my hands right before the toss, the details of my dress, and us kissing beneath my veil.

When the proofs came, we were ecstatic over the quality. They truly captured our wedding day. There was a considerable wait time though. We were married in October and didn't get our proofs until Christmas. (Mark has since offered online proofing which seems quicker.) It took a while for our album to be compiled, but given the quality, it was worth the wait. We were thrilled by the thick pages and leather cover.

I ranked the budget value as a 4 because the services are a little more pricey than you can find other places. I think we definitely got our moneys worth. Mark's team came out early to get pictures of everyone getting dressed and stayed through the wedding and reception; there was no time limit. For an unlimited amount of time and the quality of the products/services we received, we thought it was worth the money we paid and more.

Since our wedding, we've recommended Mark friends who have also used him and everyone has been pleased with their services receiving the same high quality in service and product. Mark has recently moved into baby pictures too. When we hit that milestone, we plan to enlist his services again. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/05/2008

3.5

Incredibly professional and very responsive to my long wish list.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Andrea · Married on 06/15/2013

Now a wife of a Marine, I have quickly learned that there's not much I have control over. However, as a bride in Hamilton Photography's care, that was far from true. Christina Hamilton was my lead photographer for my wedding day and not only used her creative and artistic eye but gave me time to share visions I saw for my wedding day. I love boasting about how good my photographer was the day of and my pictures are FABULOUS! She is so good; she was able to capture true emotion and joy from mine and my husband's (sometimes) not so photogenic faces! Thanks Christina and Hamilton Photography!

Sent on 09/03/2013

3.5

Christina has a wonderful eye for unique and exquisite shots. She takes shots that tell the whole story of the big beautiful day. She's very professional, works well scheduling with the Academy Chapel staff, limo drivers, caterer and musicians. She's very detail oriented and was a great pleasure to work with PLUS she's fun!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Erin · Married on 10/22/2011

Mark was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. He was absolutely fabulous. His work is great and he was fun to work with. Everything the day of was very smooth and i was able to get some GREAT shots for my album!!

Sent on 06/07/2012

Megan · Married on 05/24/2015

Mark and Joanna were awesome to work with. Our wedding photos are beyond stunning and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out! They are a bit pricier and it took a while to get our photos back, but all in all we're very happy with the experience and would definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Tiffany · Married on 10/16/2011

Getting a great photographer was one of the most important items on my list when planning the wedding. After the day is over you want to have great photos to go along with the memories. On the day of our wedding the team arrived on time and ready to go. They stuck to the schedule and did not waste time. Since they kept the pace fast and didn’t do an overabundance of posed pictures, they even managed to keep the attention of the groom/groomsmen for longer than I had anticipated. The mix of traditional and artistic photography style was one of the main reasons I was drawn to Hamilton Photography. We received so many comments on how beautiful our pictures turned out, and we ended up with many fun picture options for our family Christmas card.
    Outside of the actual wedding day, Mark and Christina were accommodating and understanding considering we needed to reschedule our wedding due to Hurricane Irene. Emails were always responded to same day or next day, which is not something I can say for most of the other wedding vendors we had contact with.
    I am glad we chose Hamilton Photography and would recommend them to others.

Sent on 05/21/2012
  • Marcella

Marcella · Married on 08/20/2011

We had the pleasure of using Hamilton Photography as our wedding photographers. Throughout the planning process they were great to work with as they helped customize a package to fit our needs and budget. They skillfully captured all of the special moments of our day. It was obvious they had a tremendous amount of experience and required no direction from us. Thanks to Hamilton Photography we will be able to relive the special moments of the day forever.

Sent on 12/05/2011

3.5

Hamilton was great. Both photographers were prompt, professional, and energetic shooting our two ceremonies, family and bridal party pictures, and reception. They stayed the whole day, over 10 hours, and the pictures turned out wonderful. Can't wait to see what the wedding album looks like!

Sent on 08/08/2013