Hal Prince Music and Entertainment Reviews

121 | Mount Kisco, NY

121 Reviews for Hal Prince Music and Entertainment

Alena · Married on 04/03/2016

Jay and everyone in the Hal Prince wedding band were perfect! They were easy to work with, professional, and kept the energy up at our wedding the whole time. The music was the perfect mix of pop and oldies and it was so great that everyone has been asking us who our band was.

Sent on 04/08/2016
  • User6061377 · event on: 12/05/2015

This is the second function we have done with Hal Prince. What an amazing organization to work with!! Very responsive, excellently organized, and wonderful production!! Given the opportunity, Oscar and crew make the party an instant success that people are still talking about weeks later!!! Can't say enough about how amazing they are!!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Jodi · event on: 11/08/2015

When we began thinking about our youngest child's bar mitzvah we didn't hesitate to call Jill Prince since they did such an awesome job at our daughter's bat mitzvah in 2013. Emcee Oscar, DJ Anthony, and the team of dancers were FABULOUS. They took the time to listen to what our family wanted and executed the plan flawlessly. There are many companies in this space, but few that truly take the time to get to know your family. Run don't walk...hire them you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/09/2015

elizabeth · Married on 08/29/2015

We used Jay Prince and his band for our wedding at the Stone Mill at the NY Botanical Garden last August. We were so pleased with the service. Not only were the musicians talented but they knew what would make the party fun. Our dance floor was hopping all night, and we loved that Jay played some acoustic during food courses. In planning for the wedding Jay was pleasant and considered all of our requests while also sharing his own suggestions. We also used a keyboardist for our ceremony which was perfect. I would definitely recommend using this band for your wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Andrew · Married on 08/22/2015

Easily the best wedding band I have ever heard! We hired the Jay Prince band to play our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and wedding reception and the entire party was blown away. I have been receiving non stop compliments from guests months after the wedding about how the band was out of this world. We had many musicians as guests at the wedding, who are overly critical of bands (especially wedding bands) and they could not believe the level of musicianship of the Jay Prince Band. They nailed everything from classic rock, funk, jazz, R and B, soul, motown to even reggae and had a blast doing it. In addition, Jay and Jill were great to work with from the beginning. They were accommodating, professional, knowledgeable and patient as we changed some of our songs at the last minute. I could not recommend this band highly enough... They kept the dance floor packed all night long and really made our wedding day everything we had hoped it would be and more. BOOK THIS BAND!!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

David · Married on 05/24/2015

Jay Prince band was the perfect wedding band. They incorporated my requests while improvising and reading the crowd to perfection. Excellent and versatile vocalists who really rocked the house. All of my friends said it was the best band they have ever seen at a wedding. Thanks Jay Prince!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Joseph · Married on 05/24/2015

The Hal Prince band was absolutely terrific for our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night and they brought a ton of energy, while hitting on a wide variety of music. They were flexible throughout the night and entire process, improvising with songs that were special to us and that the crowd was asking for. I highly recommend working with them.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Meghan · Married on 05/23/2015

Our dance floor was packed the entire night! This band did an absolutely amazing job of playing music and reading the crowd. They provided the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, and we wouldn't have had it any other way! Jay was amazing to work with throughout the entire process. He was fun and responsive, and was a huge help and help helping us figure out what exactly we wanted. By and large the compliment that we received the most times was how much fun are band was and what incredibly talented musicians they were! Nobody wanted to sit down because the music was so fantastic! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Karen · Married on 05/16/2015

Jay Prince and his band are amazing. Jay is professional, responsive, flexible and fun.

OUR WEDDING ROCKED! Our dance floor was packed the entire night!! This band did an absolutely amazing job of playing music and reading the crowd. Nobody wanted to sit down because the music was so fantastic. We have received so many compliments that night and the calls still continue. Looking forward to having Hal Prince play at another special event very soon.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Eileen · Married on 05/03/2015

Jay Prince & his band brought down the house at my wedding! Professional, responsive, flexible and fun these musicians read a room and respond in real time to the vibe of the crowd. Special requests are addressed with prior knowledge and you will not be disappointed with the level of musical talent Jay and his band bring to the table!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Adam · Married on 11/15/2014

Where to begin?!? Two weeks after our wedding, we are still on cloud 9 from how incredible Hal Prince Music’s performance was at our wedding – YOU ROCKED!!! First, we had the keyboardist expertly play during our ceremony and cocktail hour. He helped made our walk down the aisle magical and set the stage for the awesome party to come. We received an insane amount of compliments on our band from our guests and you deserved every single one. Not only did Jay and his band play all the hits that had the entire dance floor packed, the band took the time to learn one song we special requested for our choreographed first dance, as well as surprised us by learning another song we briefly mentioned that we loved in our pre-wedding meeting. Jay’s personal attention leading up to the wedding gave us extreme confidence that our wedding band would be great - boy did they OVERDELVER. We could not have asked for anything more. Hal Prince Music truly made our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/29/2014

Rob · Married on 11/01/2014

Jay Prince made our wedding night particularly special. Not only did he incorporate our music preferences to perfection (his band learned new music specifically for our wedding that were not in their already extensive song knowledge) but they created a fun environment where there were people dancing from start to finish. What was great was that both old and young were dancing the whole evening. Helped make it that much more special.

Sent on 01/17/2015

enza · Married on 10/05/2014

Jay Prince and his band played at our wedding this past weekend...OMG!!!!! Exceeded our expectations over and over again!!!!!! I would recommend this band only to those who want to have a great time and dance all night long!!!!! If you just want to sit back and relax don't bother...because they'll get you up and dancing:)
    So fabulous....words cannot even describe how fabulous they were!!!!!
    Thank Hal Prince...you ROCK!!!!!!!!
    xo

Sent on 10/07/2014

Joe · Married on 10/05/2014

You guys rock such a great time you sounded good and looked good too thanks again for helping to make this special occasion even better JOE

Sent on 10/11/2014

Gina · Married on 09/26/2014

From the moment we saw them at a mercedes benz event playing sinatra to watching the whole crew at best of westchester we knew we had to have them. They were everything and more!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Miranda · Married on 09/13/2014

Jill Prince, Jay, and his band were a sheer pleasure to work with throughout the whole planning process. Both were extremely responsive to our questions and concerns and really listened to our wants and needs. We met with Jay twice before the wedding to hash out details and preferences and he could not be more accommodating as well as inspirational. For the day of, Jay and his band could not have done a better job. They were amazing!!! They had everyone up and dancing 99.9% of the wedding. The Jay Prince and his band are extremely talented and have such a high caliber of artists. All our guests were extremely impressed. Working with Hal Prince Music and Entertainment was seamless and a real pleasure. I am so glad we went with them. I can not say it enough, they did an amazing amazing job! I can not wait until we have another big event to be able to hire Jay and his band again!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Stacy · Married on 09/06/2014

Jay Prince and his band are amazing. Music to me is one of those key elements that makes or breaks a wedding. To say the least, they rocked. They were really easy to work with, in spite of me being overly specific on what songs I was looking for :) The ceremony instrumental was beautiful. And the reception music was spot on. They read the crowd perfectly. People were on the dance floor all night. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Kim · Married on 07/19/2014

Is there a setting to make it more than 5 stars?! I cannot say enough amazing things about Jay Prince and his band! My husband (ahh so fun to say that!) and I were dancing up a STORM all night long, along with all of our guests! Not only that, but we still have people asking us about Jay Prince Band, how we found them, and commenting on how wonderful they were! Jay and his band not only played phenomenally, but read the crowd in such a way that he kept both our friends and our parents' friends ripping up the dance floor until 1am! They also played true "continuous music," with someone always performing and not once hearing recorded music...real passion and talent right there!

Putting aside the fun and enthusiasm that Jay and his band brought to our wedding, Jay himself is a true class act and wonderful person. We were especially touched when he found out that my husband's mom had to leave the reception earlier than we expected, causing the mother/son dance to be cancelled. Jay approached my husband, just to make sure he was doing okay, because he truly cared and knew that my husband would be disappointed, understandably so. We cannot imagine that to be the "norm" of what a band leader does. Jay and his band made both of us feel as though we were the most special and important people to them all night long, treating us as individuals, rather than just the "bride and groom of the weekend." He really made an effort to get to know us as people and this came across so strongly, from our first meeting with him, to throughout the entire evening of our wedding, making our night even more special.

Jay Prince and his band have officially converted my "DJ's are better than bands" husband for so many reasons! I would recommend them to ANYONE!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/28/2014

I have worked with Hal Prince in my professional life for close to 7 years and they have never failed to be amazing! So when I began planning my wedding I knew I had to have them as a part of our day.

Jill, Pat and Oscar were all sooo great when it came to all the pre wedding planning, they made the whole planning process easy- they had great suggestions, always answered emails and questions quickly and were just an overall pleasure to work with.

Oscar was our MC and Steve was our DJ and they were amazing-- I think at one point they had all 185 of our guests up on the dance floor. They were both professional and really put together a perfect set. We had sooo many compliments on both Oscar and Steve from our guests.

The entire Hal Prince staff really helped make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Jane · Married on 06/21/2014

Steve, our DJ, was fabulous! He played the perfect mix of music - knew what we liked and got a feel for our guests. We would be thrilled to have him at any party in the future.
    As an aside I booked the DJ late in the process. Jill Prince was very responsive and made me feel comfortable immediately

Sent on 06/23/2014

Michael · Married on 06/13/2014

Having Jay and the Hal Prince Band was such a highlight of my wedding. I am a musicphile both music and lyrics were amazing. Never have I enjoyed the music at an event any more then my very own wedding. Thank you Jay!!!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/13/2014

If you're not going to use Hal prince for your wedding - then don't bother having one and just elope!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Amanda · event on: 01/18/2014

The photo booth and balloon artist were absolutely perfect for my daughter's 1st birthday party. Everyone loved the photo booth, and the balloon artist was AMAZING! The customer service from my initial contact with Jill, to the last second of my party was impeccable. I will definitely be using Hal Prince again in the future. Thank you for your wonderful services!! :)

Sent on 01/22/2014

Lauren · Married on 12/28/2013

Hal Prince Music, specifically Jay Prince & his rocking band, are simply awesome!! They brought the house down at our wedding on Saturday, 12/28/13! The process of working with Jay was seamless from start to finish. His professionalism was matched by his impressive vocal talent & awesome ability to shred on the guitar!! Corey and I are planning to renew our vows every year if possible, simply to have an excuse to hire Jay Prince again & again!!! Best. Band. Ever. Tried to give them 6 stars, but I was limited to only 5.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Jay Prince and his band exceeded our expectations. The ceremony music was beautiful and our guests were dancing all night to a wide selection of music. Jay was accessible prior to the wedding and collaborated with us to make this the best day ever!!! We would recommend Hal Prince Music without reservation.

Sent on 10/14/2013